BY RGC REDMOND

5.00 / 5 based on 1 Review

Get ready for the coolest portable gaming device to date. Immerse your senses in serious 3D gaming on the go! The best part about the Nintendo 3DS* system is that you can enjoy portable 3D entertainment; without the glasses. Packed with all your favourite features and awesome new stuff like incredible 3D gameplay. Prepare to experience a truly new dimension in portable gaming that's out of this world! A built-in 3D Depth Slider allows you to quickly adjust the intensity of the 3D settings on the Nintendo 3DS system the way you like. The 3D effect can also be turned off completely; allowing for all Nintendo 3DS games and applications to be played in 2D and look better than any Nintendo handheld before it. Features 3D Upper Screen displays 3-dimensional visuals to the naked eye; Touch Lower Screen with telescoping stylus New innovative input & controls Inward facing camera and 2 outward-facing cameras Innovative 3D Depth Slider Motion Sensor and Pedometer Circle Pad - for simple navigation in 3D worlds Backwards compatibility - almost all existing Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSI games can be played (in 2D) on the Nintendo 3DS To boot; the Nintendo 3DS is made to bring players together with its StreetPass communication that lets you exchange game data (like Mii characters; high scores and custom characters) and SpotPass; a cool new feature that lets Nintendo 3DS detect hotspots or wireless LAN access-even when your 3DS is in sleep mode! What's in the Box AC Adapter Motion Nintendo 3DS Stylus 6 AR Cards for use with augmented reality games 2GB SD memory card included - for storing photos; music and downloadable content *Select Nintendo DS games that use accessories in the Game Boy Advance slot of the Nintendo DS system are not compatible with the Nintendo 3DS system. see more...

Review (1)
Fernando Rances Y.
Doral, FL
I've used portable Nintendo systems since the Gameboy Color came out, and have upgraded happily with each new console.

With this system, I was worried about the addition of 3D, as it makes me very nauseated and motion sick. Thank goodness for the option to turn it off completely! I am able to enjoy the fresh new graphics system of 3DS games and updated graphics on my favorite DS games. The sound system is better than I expected for a handheld--it's like a Super Nintendo on surround sound!

This is going to sound strange, but I am so pleased that the metallic colors do NOT hide dirt. I am able to easily see when my system needs a quick wipe-down, rather than finding the dreaded crusty fingerprints that I used to come across on my matte DS.

Did I mention the stylus? It works in its old, small size.. but also extends to a longer size in case you're prone to cramps. How nice is that?

My only complaint would be in regards to the screen covers that came with my system. They are very cheap, and after only a few weeks of casual play, there are scratches all over the plastic. Thankfully, replacement covers from other manufacturers are not a commodity, so the solution is simple.

If you're an adult gamer like me, wondering if this is worth the money, or if it's just the "4S" upgrade to an already-great system... buy this. The Nintendo 3DS takes full advantage of new technology to bring you awesome new games, yet doesn't take away from the ones you already have. I'm so glad I purchased this console!