BY NINTENDO #5 in Consoles & Gaming Accessories

Nintendo 3DS
  • "I have a purple 3DSI and I love playing animal crossing and pokemon games on it, it has great graphics and I love the apps you can download." in 85 reviews
  • "The only con I could think of is the battery life.... at the beginning, I did get a lot of life out of it, but it slowly went down to only 2 hours, sometimes 2 and a half (without using the 3D)." in 45 reviews
  • "The best portable gaming system in fact I like it more than any other gaming system.I have another one coming in the mail." in 37 reviews
  • "These keep my children quiet on road trips and allows them to play some games together yet in hand held form we'll worth it!" in 35 reviews
  • "Its so much fun and i love that you can open and close it so the screen stays protected also its great for road trips keeps the kids occupied." in 18 reviews
Ava G.
Avondale, PA
I have every iteration of the DS and 3DS that has ever existed, and I was invited to Nintendo HQ at the launch of the original 3DS to be one of the first people to get my hands on a system, so I consider myself a strong authority on the system!

The 3DS is a very versatile handheld gaming system, with a library of hundreds (yes, HUNDREDS) of great games available. On top of retail games, there are smaller downloadable e-shop titles as well (including older titles ported to the 3DS for the 'virtual console'). The system can be purchased at very affordable prices (anywhere from $50-125 used or $120-250 new) in different sizes, shapes, colors, and editions. It also plays games that play on the original DS system, opening your possible library into the thousands.

The games I most recommend would be:

Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
Zelda: Link Between Worlds

Ariana M.
Chattanooga, TN
I don’t have the New version, but the DS XL Zelda edition. I absolutely love everything about it, I’m a huge Nintendo fan as it brought me way back to my childhood with all the games available to play. I love that you could make it 3D or standard 2D. They have parental controls, a large memory bank, wireless gameplay, and the online shop is amazing.
The NEW ds xl you are able to download snes games and use your amiibos for certain games. I really should upgrade, but mine is fairing very wel for now :)
Michael R.
Tallahassee, FL
My daughter gave me a Galaxy S8 for Mother's Day and it uses a different charger than all of the cords that I currently have.
Instead of having to buy a bunch of new chargers for the different rooms in the house, this solves everything!
This charger works anywhere with any of your old charging cords!
You just plug in to the base of this stand and set your phone on it and voila'! It's charged.
So happy that I can just place my phone on this device And charge my phone in no time .
Amber S.
Fort Stewart, GA
Gamer Expert Level 1
I love my 3ds! I’ve had the blue one since around the time they came out, and it’s been through a lot. Including being in a bag with a soda can that exploded, which I discovered an hour later. Completely soaked. I dried it out and it’s perfectly fine years later, whereas my iPod not so much. The battery hasn’t given me a problem either. There’s a nice selection of games suitable for everyone (we all know Nintendo loves its E rated games.) so in short, it’s fun, durable, there’s a good selection of games, and it’s very portable. I’m not sure if they make the regular ones now as all I see being sold as new are the XL versions, but having used my husband’s XL before I definitely prefer the regular size.
Raphaela G.
Easton, PA
I really love the 3ds. Its great for playing some of my favorite new games and the 3D is good (although much much better on the XL model- i keep it off most of the time). I think its portable enough for travel and I take it on flights with me all the time.
Mimi G.
Gamer Expert Level 1
My favorite console since a long time ago. I just love this. They hav a lot of video games and super easy to use, I lose this for a while but when I found it again I start playin like a little girl. They have some used consoles online so if you don’t like to paid full price this is a good option
Jomarie S.
Orlando, FL
I love love love my Nintendo 3DS XL. I got the gold Zelda edition when Majora’s mask came out on this platform. Because it’s so beautiful, I keep it in a case at all time. I’m glad they fixed the 3D to follow your eyes, so now it’s much more tolerable.
Michael R.
Las Vegas
I have had my 3ds for a few months, I had received it as a birthday gift and i have spent many hours playing Persona Q and Shin megami tensei 4. The 3ds has very easy to use simple controls unlike other version of the ds this comes with a joystick which made playing some games easier. overall this is a really good console with plenty of games to play if you haven't already you should pick one up when you have the chance.
Kevin R.
Mickleton, NJ
I love this system. I got mine way back when they first came out. Nintendo did a great job with this device. I love that you can play the games in 3D and regular 2D. It is incredibly easy to use, just like all Nintendo devices. I am a huge fan of this and the games they have released alongside it. I like the idea of buying games directly from the app store to the system. It makes getting new games so much easier since you do not have to drive to the store. I have recommended this system to my friends already and they have all loved it as well. It was a hit!.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Which color would you choose?
Chloe W.
How often do you use the 3D function on your 3DS?
FashionDues 💖.
Staten Island, Ny
WHAT COLOR IS YOUR NINTENDO 3DS
Sara R.
Saylorsburg, PA
What is your favorite 3DS game so far?
Marie T.
Gamer Expert Level 3
What color Nintendo 3DS do you own?