BY NINTENDO #82 in Consoles & Gaming Accessories

The Best of Two Worlds. The Nintendo 2DS system brings the power of two systems together into a single, affordable package. Play all games - both Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS - in 2D. Connect with friends, other players, and wireless hotspots using the wireless StreetPass and SpotPass communication modes to unlock exclusive content for games and download other entertainment. From games to photos and beyond, Nintendo 2DS is the ultimate 2D gaming experience. Nintendo 2DS is a 2D system that plays all Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS games. Nintendo 2DS is only capable of 2D display. see more...

• Does anyone know if you play a ds3d game it this system o...2 Answers
  • Is this worth the money for a 4 yrs old? He had been usin...6 Answers
Sarah F.
Lakeside
I've had my 2DS for a couple years now and I love it. Even though it doesn't have the clamshell closing like the rest of the DS family, it's very sturdy and I'm not afraid of scratching the screens. Have dropped it a few times on carpet and wood floors and it hasn't broken or anything. The clear red casing is really cool, you can see what's going on inside and it reminds me of a GBA. Only complaint is that the buttons are a bit floaty feeling, as in they don't "click" down as nicely as on a 3DS. They feel a bit cheap. But hey, you get what you pay for so that's to be expected. No 3D of course, but I'm actually thankful for that, because the 3D on the 3DS makes me feel sick. If you have a child under 7 years old, it'd probably better to have a 2DS, as watching too much 3D can hurt young childrens' eyes. Overall, I'd suggest this as a good gift for a young child as their first handheld, or for someone who doesn't want to buy a more expensive 3DS.
Melissa M.
Union, NJ
My favorite handheld device I've had in years. I had the 3ds which broke rather quickly, it would turn off by itself, so I opted to buy a 2ds because it was much more affordable. I don't miss the 3d at all, and it's lasted me years. I've never had a problem with it. it feels better quality and works better.
Rebecca C.
Woodbury, MN
Love Nintendo, will always be a fan. I've tried to purchase the new handhelds that come out when they do (I'm pretty sure I've had every Gameboy they ever made). The screen is small and I wish it folded in half like the 3DS does, but use it anyway.
I have the seafoam color. I really liked how portable this was and that it didn't have the 3D option since my kids would constantly complain about it (even though they would be turning it on...) It doesn't "close" so that did leave the screens vulnerable, but getting screen guards helped. Also if something happens to the stylus for the seafoam 2DS, you wont be able to find a matching stylus anywhere. This wasn't really a big deal but it did bother me at first.
Ren M.
Munhall, PA
For those debating between a 3DS or a 2DS I would highly recommend the 2DS. The novelty of the 3D wears off quickly and most of my friends have told me that they don't even use the 3D anymore. For hardcore gamers, the 3D isn't necessary. The 2DS design is sturdy even though it's a little unwieldy and bulky.
Alicia P.
I feel like this would be great for my kid for road trips I would love to have one for her but we don't have the money for it right now and I wouldn't want to waste the money if she didn't like it.
Katrina K.
Manitowoc, WI
We bought one of these for our son and it was a great investment! The game options are abundant and is compatible with 3ds games as well. The charge holds for quite awhile so on long road trips it's a life saver! I highly highly recommend the 2ds
Krista P.
I bought this for my daughter who had a bad habit of breaking my (bigger,hinge having)3ds'. this works out better for her smaller(clumsier)hands. Just wish the screens were a little bigger. next to my new 3dsxl this thing is a shrimp.
Gina J.
Acworth, GA
I bought this game system for my son for his birthday last year and he loves it. I love the fact that it is compatible with DS and 3ds games. I myself have played with this system and it is a great little handheld game...
Katherine B.
Winslow, ME
We LOVE the 2DS! They play all the games as the 3DS and the DS. But these are SO much more durable than the other devices. The price, too, is incredible! We love the mobility, especially for long car rides. :)
Jay A.
Is this worth the money for a 4 yrs old? He had been using our old gameboys but I think he might like it but not sure if he would be able to play it without asking for help or getting frustrated.
Sherry C.
Asheville, Nc
Does anyone know if you play a ds3d game it this system other than the 3d play is the games any diffrent?