BY NIKON #6 in Camera Accessories

The nikon digital slr camera flash delivers precise light, helping to capture flawless pictures even under difficult lighting conditions. It has bounce capability and an adjustable tilt for you to accurately direct light onto the subject. This nikon speedlight flash has a wireless control mode that can control up to 2 different remote speedlight groups. Slide the switch on the back of the flash to select 1 of the 3 light distribution settings. Its flash value lock feature gives the exact output of light required on the subject, regardless of the position or zoom of the lens. This red-eye reduction flash automatically identifies the dx or... see more...

• "it's very simple to use, great quality photos" in 1 review
  • "Received this as part of a Christmas present, it has been great for taking pictures of our kids and even helped us take great pictures when we put our house on the market, it is well worth the money. " in 1 review
Ali S.
East Amherst
Techie Expert Level 1
The Nikon SB700 is a must have add-on in your camera bag. This is a powerful, yet affordable flash. The 'onboard' flash creates harsh light, washes out, or not enough light. With proper bounce ( I suggest the DEMB FLIP-IT), the SB-700 creates even lighting. I still have a lot to learn about flash but my images taken with the SB-700 have been sharp and enjoyable.
Jon T.
Eddystone, PA
Techie Expert Level 1
Powerful camera flash and great to have in the bag for low light situations. I've use this a great deal at parties and events indoors. Takes 4 double A batteries which makes it easy to power and keep going if need be. Build quality is Nikon standard and you be extremely happy. I upgraded to this from an sb600 and it's perfect. Been using this for about 10 months not a hiccup of a problem.
Shawn J.
Cottonwood, AZ
This is a really nice flash for introductory purposes, works with any nikon based TTL based remotes, however when attempting to pocket wizard plus II or plus III remotes being a non TTL system there is no plug on the flash anywhere to allow the camera to plug into it. Aside from that I have had one of these for a few years now and it I had to have it repaired once by Nikon, keep in mind I put lots of wear and tear on this flash, it was carried for years in my camera bag which has been beaten and abused quite a bit, So in all the flash was worth the price and there are pocket wizard remotes which are designed for TTL systems, they are a little more pricey but work all the same. So if that's ok with you then this flash is great. It has lost of different settings which allow for manual adjustments and if you have an understanding of how to use a flash in those setting then go for it. it works great with good batteries it recharges quickly after use. for a flash it's pretty powerful, so yes I would recommend this flash to anyone.
Leo Y.
Milwaukie , OR
Powerful flash and can be used in prifessional setting if you know how to use lights. Get two Westcott soft boxes, triggers, and two of these flashes and you are ready to make some money on portraits.
Alyson C.
Green Brook, NJ
Great price, and always helps me produce quality photos when I use it. Took a bit of time for me to get used to since it was my first speedlite, but once you get the hang of it it's super easy!
Jamie L.
Mason, MI
Its a little bit of an investment, but worth the money. I use this mainly on camera (sometimes off camera with my Cactus slaves) as fill/bounce light in my portraits. Long battery life, simple/easy to use. Zoom is useful and the swivel/tilt head makes it versatile. I do wish it had faster recycling time, and because of that I wish I had purchased the 900. I think a battery pack would solve that problem, though. Overall, its a great flash.
Dina F.
The wonderful thing about this flash is the power to control it as well as sync it with other flash units so you can have a multiple light set up. It is good as a entry level flash unit and works just as well. I feel for the price of the unit it is well worth the price. I would suggest you buy more than one to experiment with the flash.
Emily C.
Metamora, IL
I have this external flash for my Nikon 3200 camera and I love it! it works best in low light situations where a normal flash would be too harsh. for example I used this at a wedding reception. I'm so glad I bought this product.
Taryn G.
Techie Expert Level 3
Easy to use, great for TTL and wanting to add an off camera flash. It however feels cheap, and when I had it, it frequently made me feel like I was going to break it because it was so cheaply made. However it is very powerful, does an amazing job, and works great with different diffuses and filters.
Tiffany B.
Boston, MA
Every time I use this flash, I get some of the most well lit & beautiful indoor pictures. When adjusted correctly, the lighting isn't harsh like the stock flash, but bounces just right. It's a fabulous flash, really. If you have the money to invest in it, you won't be unhappy with this product.
Michelle P.
Pikeville, NC
Have you used a remote with the speed flash?
Alejandra M.
Thoughts? I want to get a camera flash and I been looking for a affordable one.
a. h.
Has anyone compared these to the Neewer Speedlite brand? They average around $30-$40, I was wondering if they had the same effects?
Yaye B.
Cividate camuno
Techie Expert Level 1
I do not understand how this object works, can you explain clearly how it works?
Keita R.