Nikon D5300 DSLR Camera Body (Black)

by Nikon

#8 in SLRs

Capture and share vibrant, lifelike imagesThe Nikon D5300 is the first in a new generation of Wi-Fi enabled, ultra-high-resolution Nikon HD-SLRs. With built-in Wi-Fi for photo sharing to a smartphone or tablet, GPS and mapping, a 24.2-megapixel image sensor, an extra-large swiveling Vari-angle LCD and more, the D5300 brings an outstanding new level of image quality and capabilities in a compact, ergonomic design. Pair it with any NIKKOR lens and unleash the full potential of its innovative image sensor. Your photos will be richer and truer to life than most photos you've seen. HD video will have a stunning cinematic look, a level of sharpness and clarity that ignites on ultra- high-resolution tablets, laptops and TVs.A new level of image qualityThe sharpness, clarity and richness of colors in the D5300's photos and full HD videos is nothing short of astounding. A recent design innovation allows the D5300's 24.2-megapixel DX format CMOS image sensor to capture pure, lifelike images. Enlarge or crop your photos without losing any sharpness or detail. Pair that capability with any exceptional NIKKOR lens and you'll experience the image quality your memories deserve. Extra-large swiveling Vari-angle display The D5300's extra-large ultra-high resolution Vari-angle LCD swivels 180 so you can shoot from exciting new angles. Hold the camera overhead for great shots over a crowd or hold the camera down low for a fun face-to-face perspective of your pet. Create some of your best selfies and frame a stunning new profile pic, then upload it right to web, thanks to Wi-Fi connectivity! Focus where you want itWhether shooting stationary subjects, candid photos, high-speed action or full HD video, the D5300 keeps subjects in focus. Its 39-point high-density autofocus system with 9 cross-type sensors quickly locks onto your subject, and Nikon's unique 3D-tracking uses the 2,016-pixel RGB sensor to recognize and follow it across the frame. 18-55mm Ultra Wide Angle Zoom LensThis compact

Is this a good starter camera for photographers?
whhat is difference between Nikon D5300 and Nikon D5200?
What do you use your camera for? What do you do with your content? How often do you use your camera? Is this camera easy to use? Are there special features? How has this camera benefited you? Where did you get this camera? How would you compare this camera to other cameras you’ve had or still have? What camera would you recommend for recording on road trips?
Start your review of Nikon D5300 DSLR Camera Body (Black)!
How would you rate this product?
Philadelphia, PA
Techie Expert Level 1
Nikon D5300 DSLR Camera Body (Black) uploaded by Liva B.
I really love me Nikon camera I've been wanting one for a while and so when I purchased mine this past Christmas I was so freaking happy to have it. The camera is so easy to use and mine came with a free training book program to learn more on how to do photography. My only complaint I wish it did fast cluster shot but beside that its was worth every penny. 😍😍
West Bloomfield Township
Purchased at: Best Buy
Perfect DSLR for a beginner with a great beginners camera price. Weight, size, swivel screen, and button placement alone with it’s low light ISO, number of focus points, and sensor resolution is what puts this over it’s Canon contender!
philadelphia
Techie Expert Level 1
This is my second DSLR, an upgrade from my 3600. We have good times and bad. This camera is durable. It does the job but like any DSLR, if you're not going to modify it, you're not getting the full experience. The speaker is not great. Autofocus is horrible. These are things you can manage by adding a few tools but I know. Why pay so much just to buy more? Thats any DSLR. Overall. I still love my camera. Nikon
Techie Expert Level 2
I like this camera more than I thought I would. My intent was to use the camera as though it was a specialized lens (albeit with a camera already attached) – to be used infrequently, and in lieu of my other camera/lens combinations when it was not practical to physically reposition myself to get an acceptable image of distant subjects. I was surprised to find that it does this well, and it is comfortable enough to carry and use on many general purpose occasions. It is not a substitute for a more technically capable (and even more expensive) DSLR or mirrorless camera. Its most notable shortcomings are due to its .43 inch sensor, lack of a hot shoe, lack of an external microphone port, and lack of RAW image output. Zoom and manual focus controls are available on the lens barrel as well as in the typical positions on the camera body.Most functions are intuitively accessible to those accustomed to typical “PSAM” controls, but manual focus is not so straight-forward. Going through the steps required to use manual focus (a necessity at extreme zoom range) requires a bit of learning and practice, but is definitely worthwhile. Still and HD video images are very good as long as subjects are well lit. It takes 67mm. lens filters (They don’t interfere with lens travel, but vignette at shorter focal lengths.) At least one company makes a collapsible rubber lens hood that works well with this camera.I have not tested or used its GPS location utilities, nor have I used its Wi-Fi functions,yet! If you need the extremely long focal length, this camera is a good buy. If you don’t, there are other bridge cameras that offer comparable performance at much lower sizes and prices.
8170 west 8th court
Purchased at: Best Buy
I love this camera with a passion. Right when I thought Nikon couldn't get any better they come out with the d5300 and I simply cannot believe how amazing this product is. The pictures are always top of its class and the camera body itself is very durable and the glasses won't shift if dropped several times. Would definetly recommend to a freind.
Dickson, TN
Techie Expert Level 1
I have compared 4 Nikon SLR cameras and this one is the best, hands down! The picture clarity is awesome! Picture noise is not an issue! With the others it was an issue, but not with this one! Easy to use! This camera is SO LIGHTWEIGHT! My lenses work better on this camera than they did on the previous models! And this is so fun to use! I am an avid nature photographer enthusiast and love taking shots of birds in flight. They come out clear!! Of course it takes work, but this camera makes it fun and when the day is done you have great pictures to show for your work. I only use the manual settings and I am so pleased with how interactive they are. The display is easy to read and understand and also informative. I am so pleased with this camera! I spent about a week with each camera, but after less than an hour with this one, I was totally sold. And the battery life is great, too.
Peekskill, NY
I originally purchased this camera as a starter camera with the intentions of upgrading soon after. However, its performance has been impeccable and I’ve decided to hold on to it a little longer. Not only is the quality great but the durability as well. It’s resilience makes it great for nature shots but its features make it compatible with really any type of photography. I was also impressed with its price. Seeing as how most photography equipment is very expensive, I appreciated the cost of the Nikon D5300 DSLR Camera Body (Black) because i didn’t break the bank but was still shocked with how great of a camera it truly is. I would recommend this camera to any person trying to get into photography, videography or even just deciding to use it as a personal camera.
Winter Garden, FL
Techie Expert Level 1
Nikon D5300 DSLR Camera Body (Black) uploaded by Gwen S.
This is an amazing camera for any beginner or pro. It's easy to use, has many features, and can be used for every day photography or special occasions. I bought mine as a kit, and I take it everywhere. I've shot engagements, weddings, and family portraits with this camera, and I have received compliments each time. It's built in wireless makes it easy to transfer photos to social media. If you're just getting into photography I highly recommend this DSLR camera.
Reno, NV
Nikon D5300 DSLR Camera Body (Black) uploaded by Ashlyn M.
I LOVE this camera. It was my first DSLR and I don't have any inclination to keep upgrading because this does everything I want! The auto function works pretty well for newbies and there are a lot of manual options for more experienced photographers. Also does long exposure very well, here is a photo I took with my Nikon D5300 DSLR Camera Body (Black)
Baldwin
Purchased at: Best Buy
This camera is freaking amazing! I waited for years to save up and get a Nikon since I loved an older model I used occasionally, and this camera has not disappointed. The battery life is great, and with a great lens you can do pretty much anything. I love that it has the ability to help me capture family memories
Ask a question to the Influenster community...