ElectronicsCamerasDigital CamerasNikon
D5100 162MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/35-56 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens

by Nikon

3-inch, 921,000-dot Super-Density horizontal type Vari-Angle LCD Monitor In-camera Special Effects Mode, 1 Yr Camera / 5 Yrs Lens In-camera HDR (High Dynamic Range) Stunning Full 1080p HD Movies with Full Time Autofocus ISO Sensitivity: 100-6400 (Extended Mode: 100-25600)

Iss this a good camera for YouTube videos? How do you get it go use on up close items?
This was my first camera not digital. I used it to learn photography but now I want more. What camera do you think I should buy to raise the level?
How it is?
Start your review of Nikon D5100 16.2MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens!
Sheila G.
Camp Hill, PA
A great beginner camera with a lot of lense options. I purchased mine used and am really enjoying figuring out the best settings to get ideal pictures. The camera is easy to use and navigate. I definitely would recommend checking out a Nikon if you are in the market for an easy to use DSLR.
Madison B.
This has been my go to camera base for years! If I’m capturing family moments or have paying clients this has never let me down! It’s pretty simple to figure out but it is a little dated. Still love this base!!
Yuriko A.
West New York, NJ
I had this camera for 7 years, it is is perfect conditions and I traveled with this camera for many different countries. It is a good option for beginners, the cmos sensor is good . The only thing is that you need to learn a lot about this camera. It has too many options to learn.
Nka K.
Charleston, SC
Techie Expert Level 3
Nikon D5100 16.2MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens uploaded by Nka K.
Ever since I was a little girl I was fascinated by cameras. I got my first camera at age 12. I took pictures of everything. Of course then it was all film And had to be developed. Very expensive Hobby. Since then I upgrade slowly. This is my first Nikon DSLR. I got it at Amazon and it was definitely worth my money. I got some amazing shots with it. Nikon D5100 16.2MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens
Diana S.
Philadelphia, PA
Techie Expert Level 3
This is actually the first DSLR camera I worked with. It was a really smooth transition and learning on it has been nothing but an amazing experience. Since then, I've worked with many other DSLRs but have never had such an ease of time as I do with this one. This camera compares very well to the Canon T3i. I actually had trouble choosing between the two, and my father, sister, and cousin all have DSLRs and have been working with photography for a long time. They all said to choose the Nikon D5100 for a beginning model. It is on the heavy side compared to other models I've worked with, but it takes amazing photos. If you search dreamlikediana on google I have a lot of photos on there that I took with it, including modeling photos. If you want to film more, i wouldn't recommend this as it is heavy and you would need a rig stabilizer as to refrain from a shaking video. Or I would opt for a GoPro. The thing I love about this camera is the screen flips out, which if you're trying to do YouTube you'd LOVE it.
Virginia H.
Got this camera almost 7 years ago when I had my daughter to capture all her moments. Since then I have started capturing special moments for other people. Great first camera, easy to use.
Isabella A.
Hollywood, FL
Great starter camera. Lots of cool features and it's pretty lightweight compared to most DSLRs.
Desiree T.
As a beginner, I chose this as my first DSLR camera. It is reliable and takes great pictures. It is easy to use out of the box and the VR helps me to get crisp, focused pictures even when I am not quite perfectly still. As a short person, I really appreciate the tilting ability of the LCD display which allows me to take pics over my head and that I wouldn't be able to see or capture otherwise. I wish it didn't reset a few settings every time I shut the camera off and turned it back on again. (I.e. Shooting in auto leads to a beep before shutter release to indicate that it focused). I would prefer that it be quiet instead by default (pretty minor but slightly annoying).
Shelly B.
Oil City, PA
Techie Expert Level 1
This camera is everything I wanted and then some. It is a beginners type camera but it has a lot to play around with. It’s got a turning/flipping screen which is nice. It has a nice video mode and many filters too. I’m very happy with it. #nikon[product:nikon-d5100-162mp-cmos-digital-slr-camera-with-18-55mm-f/35-56-af-s-dx-vr-nikkor-zoom-lens] [product:nikon-af-s-dx-nikkor-18-55mm-f/35-56g-vr-ii-wide-angle-zoom-lens] [product:nikon-55-200mm-digital-telephoto-zoom-lens-f/-4-56g-ed-if-af-s-dx]
Jennifer Blair C.
Sweetwater, TN
Techie Expert Level 3
This Nikon D5100 16.2MpCmos Digital Camera with 18-55min Nikki zoom lens is a professional camera used for weddings, still shots and one that certainly comes in handy while raising a family. The first Nikon camera I was introduced to was by by dad and I used it for my hobbies. This camera is durable, professional and slightly expensive and well worth it.