BY NIKON #21 in Digital Cameras

Succeeding Nikona€ s friendliest DSLR D3000, the D3100 adopts a new CMOS image sensor and image-processing engine that enable capture of high-definition images exhibiting superior image quality. As an entry level digital-SLR camera, the D3100 inherits the Guide mode from the D3000, with the addition of more options and assist images that make the camera easier to understand and operate. Split-second shutter response eliminates the frustration of shutter delay, so youa€ ll never miss any special moment. Six automatic exposure scene modes ranging from landscape to portrait automatically delivers stunning results under challenging conditions. The D3100 is also equipped with a live view function that allows you to frame images in the 3-inch monitor, and the D-Movie function that provides support for Full 1080p HD movie recording. Fast 11-point autofocus system delivers razor-sharp pictures. While the D3100 offers authentic digital-SLR camera performance, it is also an extremely lightweight digital-SLR camera from which even beginners can expect beautiful images that accurately reflect their shooting intent. It also comes with an 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 VR Image Stabilization lens at a price youa€ ll appreciate. Image Sensor: CMOS Image Sensor Size: 23.1 x 15.4mm Gross Pixels: 14.8 MP Dust Cleaning System: Image sensor cleaning Airflow Control System Image Dust Off reference data (optional Capture NX 2 software required) Resolution: DX-format (L) 4608 x 3072 (M) 3456 x 2304 (S) 2304 x 1536 White Balance: Auto Incandescent Fluorescent (7 types) Direct Sunlight Flash Cloudy Shade Preset Manual All except preset manual with fine tuning Viewfinder Type: Eye-level pentamirror single-lens reflex viewfinder Coverage: 95% horizontal 95% vertical Approx. see more...

• What are the best type of lens to buy for the Nikon D3100 if you ...4 Answers
  • Where can I buy the charger for this camera? I lost mine :(7 Answers
  • How long do these last?2 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Sierra A.
Yucaipa, CA
I have used this camera for over 5 years and it is easy to use and can help create beautiful images. I used to work professionally and this dslr did everything I needed it to do! It is perfect for a first time photographer or someone more experienced.
Miranda V.
I love love love this camera! The digital screen on it has a great display, it stays charged through numerous uses, and I never have trouble connecting it to my desktop or laptop computer like I used to with my old camera. Very simple to use and works wonderful!
Sarah Z.
This is a great first camera to introduce you to the world of DSLRs. I received this for Christmas in 2011 and I've had it for almost 6 years now. I like that it has features for beginners (like I was) including preset modes (action, portrait, landscape, etc.) but it also has more advanced features like manual mode and "priority" modes - aperture priority (A) is what I love to shoot in. This camera taught me a lot and in the many years I've had it, I feel like I've covered all of it's bases and I'm starting to outgrow it and crave a full-frame DSLR. This camera really is great for starting out with photography though, especially since it's an older model now and you can probably get it for a bargain. It may not have WiFi, but it has everything else you'll need. I've shot many engagements, maternity sessions, senior photos, and even one wedding with this camera. While it isn't meant for professional use, I think if you really take the time to learn how to use it, it can produce some amazing photos anyways. Perfect for beginners.
Olbin G.
Manassas, VA
I am a professional Photographer. I have been in business with Theweddingstsaff.com for 10 years. Nikon has always been my go to brand. I started with the base Nikon D40 and as the years progressed so did my gear. The DS3100 joined my equipment inventory because of the high quality and versatility of the camera, also a budget friendly device. Many say more expensive cameras provide better quality. So untrue and the D3100 was the first to prove this theory false to me, as it is dependable for photo quality and video. This may not be a full frame DSLR but if your shot is framed correctly as a pro, it would never make the difference
Livvy L.
Marietta, GA
I have had this for years and I love it. It's a great starter DSLR. It has a great tutorial auto setting to help get you use to using more manual settings and understanding the basics. I take it with me everywhere. For a starter this is great. I'm starting to get to the point I might need to upgrade but with Nikon it's easy because all my lenses will go to the next camera.
dalconys g.
Doral, FL
I love my camara because is the best wen you are new photograph and the quality is extraordinary is easy to use and practice I love the shoot and multifunction I have it in Amazon Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm NIKKOR VR Lens
Alessa P.
This was and still is the camera that I started off with and still use. It's an amazing beginners camera and you will get a lot of great shots. Plus, you'll get familiarized with how to work a camera in order to advance to another one. The image comes out great and it's also why I still haven't upgraded... Yet.
Rosa C.
This was my first camera ever and was gifted to me at 15 years old.. I am now 21 and NOW is when the camera is starting to have some problems but it still takes amazing pictures and I will never regret this purchase. Its truly amazing and the amount of features it has for scenic shots, to portraits, to motion shots... I love it and I recommend this to anyone thats having any doubts on what camera to buy. & its also affordable !
Sydney G.
Tamarac, FL
I've had this camera for about 5 years now and I love it! I mostly take portrait pictures of my clients and this camera really makes my pictures look professional. I would definitely recommend this camera to people just starting off in photography
Destiny D.
HIGHLY RecommenD!! I'm a photographer and this is the camera I use. This camera is amazing!! Pictures turn out fantastic! The quality it amazing! If you wanna check out some pictures that have been taken with this camera my photography page on Instagram is @destinysraeofhope I promise this camera is one of the best!
Jessica B.
Levittown, NY
Where can I buy the charger for this camera? I lost mine :(
Marie B.
What are the best type of lens to buy for the Nikon D3100 if you want to take clearer more close up pics? Like of the moon? etc....
Tonya L.