ElectronicsCamerasDigital CamerasNikon
D3100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm NIKKOR VR Lens

Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm NIKKOR VR Lens

Succeeding Nikona€ s friendliest DSLR D3000, the D3100 adopts a new CMOS image sensor and image-processing engine that enable capture of high-definition images exhibiting superior image quality. As an entry level digital-SLR camera, the D3100 inherits the Guide mode from the D3000, with the addition of more options and assist images that make the camera easier to understand and operate. Split-second shutter response eliminates the frustration of shutter delay, so youa€ ll never miss any special moment. Six automatic exposure scene modes ranging from landscape to portrait automatically delivers stunning results under challenging conditions. The D3100 is also equipped with a live view function that allows you to frame images in the 3-inch monitor, and the D-Movie function that provides support for Full 1080p HD movie recording. Fast 11-point autofocus system delivers razor-sharp pictures. While the D3100 offers authentic digital-SLR camera performance, it is also an extremely lightweight digital-SLR camera from which even beginners can expect beautiful images that accurately reflect their shooting intent. It also comes with an 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 VR Image Stabilization lens at a price youa€ ll appreciate. Image Sensor: CMOS Image Sensor Size: 23.1 x 15.4mm Gross Pixels: 14.8 MP Dust Cleaning System: Image sensor cleaning Airflow Control System Image Dust Off reference data (optional Capture NX 2 software required) Resolution: DX-format (L) 4608 x 3072 (M) 3456 x 2304 (S) 2304 x 1536 White Balance: Auto Incandescent Fluorescent (7 types) Direct Sunlight Flash Cloudy Shade Preset Manual All except preset manual with fine tuning Viewfinder Type: Eye-level pentamirror single-lens reflex viewfinder Coverage: 95% horizontal 95% vertical Approx.

What do you use your camera for? What do you do with your content? How often do you use your camera? Is this camera easy to use? Are there special features? How has this camera benefited you? Where did you get this camera? How would you compare this camera to other cameras you’ve had or still have? What camera would you recommend for recording on road trips?
How long do these last?
What are the best type of lens to buy for the Nikon D3100 if you want to take clearer more close up pics? Like of the moon? etc....
Start your review of Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm NIKKOR VR Lens!
MARLENA B.
Phoenixville, PA
I would definitely say that it’s a pretty good camera overall, it’s the perfect camera to take pictures of family and outdoor settings. It doesn’t zoom very far but that’s expected with a lens as small as it is. I would at least say it’s a great starter camera for someone that is just getting into photography
jessica H.
Seattle, WA
I use to use this camera. It does not have video. It did take great photos when it came out now I would say it’s on par with an iPhone. This is a great starter camera at this point.
Sierra M.
Elgin, IL
Purchased at: Best Buy
This camera takes amazing photos (as most nikon dslr cameras do) and is a must-have for me whenever I’m travelling or just going somewhere scenic for the day. Perfectly captures all my memories and has held up after years and years of use!
samantha M.
Homestead, FL
Best camera in the world to me do to me going to a lot of car shows around the United States I can't wait to pull this camera out there's nothing about this product that I would change it is easy to use also it has Bluetooth capabilities when you take your photo it automatically Bluetooth itself to your cell phone just perfect
Destiny D.
HIGHLY RecommenD!! I'm a photographer and this is the camera I use. This camera is amazing!! Pictures turn out fantastic! The quality it amazing! If you wanna check out some pictures that have been taken with this camera my photography page on Instagram is @destinysraeofhope I promise this camera is one of the best!
Caitlyn C.
Whitehall, PA
I have had this camera for at least 5 years now and I still love it! This was my first big camera and I think it is a fantastic camera to learn on. It takes great photos and videos as well. I recommend this to anyone. It's easy to use once you get the hang of it. On top of that you can also purchase other lenses for the camera as well which is pretty cool. Not one thing has gone wrong with the camera and like I've said I've had it for 5 whole years!
Jakk B.
Biddeford, ME
I use this camera for my photo studio and it is great! We shoot some high end clients, and they've never noticed that we're using a bargain camera! Incredibly easy to use, exceeded my expectations, if you're looking for a solid camera, this one is for you!! It's great that it shoots both photos and videos, allowing you to play around with different things!
Purple D.
Ledyard, CT
This was my first DSLR camera. I've had it since 2012 and it's still holding up well. This is a great camera if you're just starting to get into photography.
Paul P.
Glen Rock, NJ
Purchased at: Amazon
Classic introductory DSLR camera. If you know someone who is completely fascinated with photography and you are hoping to get them a camera and are unsure of where to begin, I would start here. Reliable. Highly Recommend.
Derricka M.
Great camera! I used this during my introduction to photography class years ago. Its still in great shape and gets the job done for family events, still objects ect. Even though I have never purchased a case for it ( which I highly recommend) it still holds up well..
Ask a question to the Influenster community...