BY NIKON

2.00 / 5 based on 1 Review

Looking for a classic-styled camera that'll take you from wide-angle to telephoto, yet still be compact? The 20-megapixel COOLPIX L340 is putting you at the heart of the action with a 28x optical zoom lens, extendable to 56x Dynamic Fine Zoom. With its high performance Vibration Reduction, its 3in LCD display and scene auto modes, it is easy to take crystal clear pictures of your friends and family. When stills are not enough, you can shoot your adventures in HD (720p) at the touch of a button. Model number: L340. Product specification: 20.2 megapixels. 28x optical zoom. 4x digital zoom. 3in screen with TFT LCD technology. 112mm wide angle lens. Optical image stabilisation. Up to 4 frames per second. CCD sensor. Lens information: Lens type: wide angle fixed. Minimum aperture: 3.1. Maximum aperture: 5.9. see more...

Review (1)
Amber W.
Springtown, TX
I received this camera as a gift to replace an 8+ year old Canon PowerShot. It looks very professional, black yet bulky. I love the definition once in video mode. However, I wanted this to replace a camera. Don't get me wrong, the video is great to have and more than I wanted but for how nice it looks and how large this camera is (not to mention 20.2 MP definition), the pictures were just okay. The shutter speed is a little too slow, especially for moving objects. That alone has been a total let down with fireworks, pictures of my 2-year old, adventures at the zoo... For the size and tote weight, it'd better pack a punch! Which this camera didn't. I'm usually more worried about dropping it. I feel to get the most use out of it, I'd need to purchase better lenses... Or stick with my Canon considering the real issue was shutter speed. Not very many built in editing options or camera modes, flash is okay, no wi-fi or Bluetooth features. All of that is okay if I could just use it for what I want: pictures of my son! If the video quality wasn't as good, I'd say my 8-yr old previous camera still seemed more updated as far as options and clarity. Also, it requires 4 AA batteries... A rechargeable would've been my preference. I do not recommend the purchase of this camera. Probably wouldn't choose this company again for a camera, though I'll keep them in mind for video recording.