Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR (5.5x) Zoom Lens -

by Nikon

#7 in Camera Lenses

The nikon af-s dx nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6g ed vr lens is ideal for capturing distant subjects with great clarity. It's compatible with all nikon digital slr cameras. This lens has image stabilization which reduces vibration while capturing sharp still images. With its tripod detection mode, it reduces vibration that might occur by shutter release when mounted on a tripod. This digital slr camera lens has a silent wave motor for fast and precise autofocusing. Its rounded 9-blade diaphragm delivers natural appearance for out-of-focus image areas. This telephoto zoom lens has a minimum telephoto aperture range of f/22. It comes...

Im just here for my badge.
What other lenses what you bought for you nikon?
What nikon camera are you using?
Start your review of Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR (5.5x) Zoom Lens -!
southwick
Purchased at: Best Buy
This lens is the best I have had yet I love the range and I don’t have to carry two different lenses with me when I go on an adventure it takes quality shots and Nikon was helpful to repair when I scratched the lens
St Augustine, FL
Techie Expert Level 1
Actually a great lens that can be used for numerous situations. However, found numerous cons as well as pros. First the automatic focus mode on this lens did not last long. It would be cheaper to get a new lens than having it repaired. Lens still work but more difficult to use if having to wear corrective lenses. Other issues is having to buy separate hoods and filters to fit over lens.
Benbrook, TX
Techie Expert Level 1
I love this lens! I have been a photographer for about 10 years and this is one of my go to lens. It's perfect for most of my shoots and very sturdy without being too heavy. The pictures come out crisp and full of life. If you're looking for a new lens, check this one out.
Cottonwood, AZ
I love this lens, it can be a bit picky on auto focus so you really have to take your time with it when getting used to it. the auto focus is great on this lens and it produces some quality shots. it's nice and quiet and does a really nice job reducing how much of the back ground you get in focus on close up shots. Also does a really nice job bringing out a background in the right settings. I use this lens for lots of projects. Only issue is that this lens in low light can have issues with some subjects. and you really have to use the manual focus option.
Peachtree Cty, GA
I paid a little extra when I bought my Nikon D3200 and I am so glad I did. I love to shoot photos of the deer and birds around my house and this is the perfect lens for it. If you couple this lens with a good triPod and you have everything set right with your camera you will get great photos every time. It may be a bit costly but you won't regret it once you have it. It's a great product for long range shooting!
Clermont, FL
I'm not new to photography, but I am new to DSLR's in general. I finally managed to buy the Nikon d3200 which I have wanted for years! Starting out I was disappointed with it, only having the kit lens (18-55mm) - my photos were good but just not what I was expecting. I thought it was because I don't know all of the settings etc yet (still could be). My boyfriend surprised me with this lens a few weeks ago, just before mothers day and I was AMAZED at how much more crisp my photos turned out. Upgrade lenses are almost always worth it!
Jacksonville, AR
I've had a little bit more of trouble with this lens than its worth. You have to be careful with your settings because your photos can be easily distorted if you don't get them right in camera. Other than that, it's a great lens for outdoor/landscape photography. I would recommend using an triPod with this lens for less noise as well. The photos can be quite noisy at times.
Colton, CA
I love this lens! It takes beautiful pictures with great range of depth. Pictures can get a little out of focus towards the different ends of the spectrum, so it's important to keep an eye on your aperture.
Fort Meade, MD
I recently just purchased this lens. Yes its a bit pricey but the quality of the picture are amazing. Also the zoom on is amazing also. This is one telescope lens I recommend you getting. The weight and length is only a minor thing. But its a 55-300mm which is the length of the lens it self.
Orrum, NC
I bought this lens as an accessory to my Nikon 5100 camera and I absolutely love it. It takes precise, clear images from up to 300 ft away. I never have an issue when using this lens and my photography clients are very happy with the detail it captures in images as well.