BY NIKON #2 in Camera Lenses

The nikon dx af-s nikkor 35mm f/1.8g lens is compatible with any nikon dslr camera. The maximum aperture of f/1.8 is ideal for shooting in low-light conditions and capturing stunning images with softly blurred backgrounds. The nikon dslr prime lens has a silent wave motor for fast and precise focusing. Simply turn the focus ring on the lens to switch between automatic and manual modes instantly. The manual focus nikon lens comes with a lens hood and cap. see more...

Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Prime Lens - Black
  • "The photos I've got from this have been sharp and crisp each time and even allows you to get great photos in low light settings." in 6 reviews
  • "Sharp high quality images with great compression (bokeh) and the slightly wider focal length allows amateurs to easily get "more in the shot"" in 5 reviews
  • "Nikon makes great camera and lenses and this is no different." in 3 reviews
CALVIN T.
Brooklyn
For its price, you get a very solid lens. It’s not build very rigidly but the image quality you get from a crop sensor lens, it is quite impressive. It’s light and small so carrying it is no problem. If you plan on staying crop sensor I would recommend this lens
Caroline B.
Westfield, NJ
Recent Christmas gift (2017) and I've been playing with it every day since. Same quality as the 50mm 1.8, but with wider range for less detailed shots. Well made, and even more useful with a polarizer lens. Will be my go-to lens from here on out!
Melissa L.
Olympia WA
I got this as a preset and it’s one of my favorite presents. The pictures that I get from this lens are great and look so amazing. I think anyone who has a dslr should get this lens it is a critical aspect to good photos
Sabra G.
North Pole
This is hands down my favorite lens. It never leaves my camera body anymore. If it does I am switched for one or two shots then switch back. I purchased mine off amazon. It is affordable and a great lens for shooting portraits with. I am also about to test it out with birth photography as well
Brittney M.
Warrenville, IL
My first prime lens and also my go-to. I haven’t switched out my lens in awhile because this one is so great. I can’t wait to try out the 50mm as well because I love taking portrait photos and the bokeh in the background.
Alyssa P.
Honolulu, HI
Techie Expert Level 1
I love prime lenses! So I got this one to give my cropped sensor a little wide angle or wider coverage for my photos! I recommended this if you have a crop sensor, and you are doing portraits. It will also give you a nice bokeh!
Becki M.
Lansing, MI
Techie Expert Level 3
This was my first prime lens. It is so perfect for what I need. I take a lot of pictures of animals & animals are constantly moving so I need my shutter speed to be able to keep up with them. This lens does that and more. It's also really hard to get animals to sit still once you've found the picture perfect background, so the shallow depth of field really works in my favor when they wander out of the framing I've set up in my mind. I love this lens & I use it more than any other lens I have.
Mel G.
I absolutely LOVE LOVE this lens!!! Is one of my favorite as a prime lens I bought it at Best buy for like $200 which compare to other brands and lenses is super cheap!! I love that I get more depth of field with this lens makes my photos way better I totally recommend it!! Best lens purchase for my cámara!
Tyson R.
Orem, UT
You need this lens! It’s versatile and fun to shoot with. It’s very capable in low light and so sharp! Lens correction is usually necessary, but the result is worth it. If you’re looking to upgrade from a kit lens this is a fantastic option. I was also considering the 50mm but since I use a DX frame I opted for the 35mm. I’m very happy I picked this lens!
Jacki D.
Grand Rapids, MI
Techie Expert Level 3
One of my all time favorite camera lenses! This is my go to for portraits and animals! I'll attach some photos with some shots I took with this lens. The f-stops go really low and that is why I purchased this camera lens, it gives the perfect "blur" behind your subject!
Stephanie G.
Lancaster, CA
What type of photography is this lens best used for?
Anne r.
I am looking into purchasing this lens for my business. To add to my portrait and more daily use lens. Would you suggest this lens? I have the 50mm And love it
Yesenia R.
Orlando, FL
I've been wanting to purchase this one. I currently have a 50mm 1.4 and 1.8. Is this a better lens?
Angelica D.
Prescott Vly, AZ
Where is reccomended to get this lens? I have the Canon t6i and I want to purchase another lens. I really think this is my next addition.
rachelle a.
How far can you see with this?