ElectronicsCamerasCamera Parts & AccessoriesNikon
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/35-56G VR II Wide Angle Zoom Lens

Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Wide Angle Zoom Lens

Versatile 18-55mm focal length rangeThere's a reason Nikon includes an 18-55mm lens with so many D-SLR kits-it's simply a fantastic all-around lens. The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II is the most compact, advanced version of the 18-55mm lens yet. A new retractable barrel design inspired by the Nikon 1 system makes it approx. 25% smaller and lighter than its predecessors, and the latest Vibration Reduction technology provides 4.0* stops of blur-free handheld shooting. Whether you're shooting wide group shots or tight close-ups, photos or HD videos, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II delivers. Unleash the power of your HD-SLRThe AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II is optimized to draw maximum performance from Nikon's new generation of high-resolution DX-format HD-SLRs. Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC) ensures outstanding color richness and contrast by reducing reflections and glare. A seven-blade rounded diaphragm renders backgrounds and out-of-focus elements in your shots with a natural, softly blurred appearance. Your photos and HD videos will reveal the astounding sharpness and detail your HD-SLR is capable of achieving. Sharper photos and HD videosThe AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II features Nikon's latest Vibration Reduction image stabilization technology, which provides 4.0* stops of blur-free handheld shooting. That means your photos and videos will be tack-sharp, even if your hands are a bit unsteady. Additionally, it means you'll be able to shoot at slower shutter speeds without affecting image sharpness-a huge advantage in low light situations where slower shutter speeds mean brighter photos. Super Integrated CoatingNikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses. Silent Wave MotorAF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM), which represents a significant advance in AF lens technology. SWM uses ultrasonic vibrations-rather than a gear system-to f

I have a Nikon D3300 and I'm looking for a lens that I can use while traveling that has great zoom when needed but light weight. How is this lens when it comes to landscape?
Start your review of Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Wide Angle Zoom Lens!
Ash S.
Freeport, NY
I haven’t used my camera in a while but the photos were impeccable with this lens. I used it on my vacation trips and on doing [email protected] shoot on my baby when he was born. I love my camera, i think i should start using it again. 😀
Pamela K.
Techie Expert Level 2
This is my best lens for taking family photos. It works well with my camera. It gives clear crisp pictures. I use it a lot at family get togethers.
melani W.
Oak View, CA
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Wide Angle Zoom Lens uploaded by melani W.
My daily lens! Easy to use and takes great shots, I'm only just learning to use my dslr and this lens have provided me with some really great shots!
Nicole S.
Auburn Hills, MI
Techie Expert Level 1
It's a a great wide angle lens. I don't have much more to say on it because I am not a professional. I like the way my pictures came out and that's about it.
Roni B.
New Florence, PA
Great for those close up images you wanna take. Great quality. Great pictures. Close up this is the lens you want. It’s easy to use. You won’t be sorry with this lens definitely a must have.
Tonya L.
Pocahontas, AR
I have this lens on my Nikon D3000. I originally purchased my camera to take photos on the sideline of football games for our local newspaper. I have also used this lens while taking senior photos. This is an all around good lens and one I would recommend to have on hand.
Ashley M.
Brooklyn, NY
Techie Expert Level 3
I recently starting shooting photos with this lens and I have no complaints. I love how clear and bright the photos turn out. This camera is suitable for photoshoots, photography in your local city/neighborhood and it isn't too heavy. This lens does have a button to remove from the head of the camera.
Cass M.
Fern Bch, FL
I’m an amateur photographer. This lens came with my camera. It is a perfectly fine basic lens. I wish it would zoom SLIGHTLY more so I could get a little closer to my subject without switching lenses.
Allison P.
High Point, NC
Techie Expert Level 3
This is a very basic lens but it still works great. I don’t like that the f stop only goes to 3.5 as this does not create a great bokeh effect. However, this is a great starter lens.
Shelly B.
Oil City, PA
Techie Expert Level 1
This is the camera lens I use basically all of the time. I take a lot of close up shots and it’s perfect. I’m overly happy with what I thought was going to be such a basic lens. I’m definitely happy with it.