Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Zoom Nikkor Lens

FeaturesD-type lens design provides distance information as part of flash and ambient light exposure processes Classic normal lens provides speed and compact design Multi-layer coating minimizes flare and ghosting 52mm filter size Exceptionally lightweight and compact. Ideal for travel photography Stops down to f/22 for excellent depth-of-field control Specifications Focal Length: 50mm Maximum Aperture: F/1.8 Lens Construction: 6 Elements in 5 groups Minim.

[product:nikon-af-nikkor-50mm-f18d-prime-lens-black]I? Is this lense better than the lende that comes with the camera?
Anyone have any photos they've taken with this lens that they could show?
[product:nikon-af-nikkor-50mm-f18d-prime-lens-black] This lens is good for an nikon D5300 camera? Or I need the [product:nikon-af-s-nikkor-50mm-f18g-fixed-focal-length-lens] ?
Start your review of Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Zoom Nikkor Lens!
Annette B.
Fairport, NY
One of my favorite lenses, great for portrait shots, you do have to be close enough to your subject, but the results are crystal clear and it also gives a great bokeh. I use this for all of my portraits, it is a fixed lens, which means no give on it as far as zoom. I havent done much photography in the past year, but this is the first one I always grab, as portraits are one of my favorites and have used it for all of my grandkids pictures!
Blakely L.
Ringgold, GA
The 50mm f/1.8D is a go to lens for almost every photographer. Nikon has two versions, the 1.8D and the 1.8G. The "G" in the other version stands for "gelded," which means it has had the aperture ring removed. This D series lens lacks an internal focus motor, and an aspherical lens element that the G series counterpart has. However, if you have a nikon cam with a built in focus motor, this is a must have lens!
Tina R.
Santa Maria, CA
I own a newer version of this lens. It takes great photos. It gives you a true to life perspective. It makes you have to get up and personal with your subject. Great way to work on shooting in manual.
Miranda T.
Bloomington, IN
Highly recommend any photographers get a 1.8 lens! Gives great depth of field to photos and works great in low light
Lisa L.
Granbury, TX
I’ve been a Fine Art Photographer for the last 13 yrs . The 50mm 1.8 is a lens I purchased in the beginning of my career. And I still have it today . Along with the 1.4 . And after 13 yrs I still have it in my bag .. This lens is incredible. Sharp with a nice field of view to give you that nice blurry background:)[product:nikon-50mm-f/18-g-af-s-nikkor-lens-with-3-uv/cpl/nd8-filter-set-tripod-accessory-kit-for-digital-slr-cameras]
Winter M.
Pittsburg, KS
I love this lens for a up close focal point. This lens helps focus in on your subject and blur the back ground. I use a lot during senior session.
Lismely G.
Boca Raton, FL
After having the opportunity to work with canon and Nikon I do see the difference in performance i enjoy both the product lenses I don’t feel it needs any adjustments. Price is regular I do recommend to others who like photography like me
kinga I.
Roxbury Xing, MA
my fave lens ever if you take portraits. blurs out the background incredibly and a perfect distance to comfortably away from your subjects. i personally love fixed lenses and the auto focus is just a bonus for me
Allison M.
Carlsbad, CA
Purchased at: Amazon
Awesome prime lens for portrait photography! Super sharp image, great focusing. Very well made and reliable. I love the small f stop as well. A great lens for both beginners and professionals alike. Love it!
tasnim R.
White Plains, NY
1,075 reviews
Love love sooooo much....... amazing products brand ❤️❤️❤️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️really it’s perfect ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Hanah F.
clarksville
il y a 2 ans
Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Zoom Nikkor LensI? Is this lense better than the lende that comes with the camera?
Keith B. il y a 3 mois
If your lens that comes with your camera isn't a prime lense..yes this lens is better. It will give you better low light and dept of field than your kit lense will. Keep in mind you have to have a compatible camera to go with it.
Karen O.
il y a 4 ans
Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Zoom Nikkor Lens This lens is good for an nikon D5300 camera? Or I need the nikon af-s nikkor 50mm f18g camera lens ?
Melissa S. il y a 4 ans
The D is great but on the 5300 it is going to be manual focus only, as it does not have a focus motor in it neither does the camera. You would need to go with the G version in this case if you want auto-focus capabilities