BeveragesAlcoholic BeveragesWhiskeyNikka
Whiksey Pure Malt Taketsuru Non Age

Nikka Whiksey Pure Malt Taketsuru Non Age

by Nikka

Masataka Taketsuru, Nikka’s founder and Father of Japanese Whisky, came from a lineage of sake brewers, dating back to 1733. Taketsuru studied diligently at university as a chemist preparing to carry on the family trade, but soon took a personal interest in whisky. Masataka joined Settsu Shuzo, a liquor company with plans to produce a Japanese whisky. In 1918, Settsu Shuzo sent Taketsuru to the University of Glasgow - making him the first Japanese student to study the art of whisky making, in the ancestral home of Scotch whisky. Taketsuru returned to Japan in 1920 with plans to produce Japan’s first whisky for Settsu Shuzo. However, when Shuzo couldn’t carry out the plan, he was recruited by the founder of Kotobukiya - now Suntory - and directed to build Yamakazi and produce the first Japanese whisky. Relentlessly passionate about quality, Taketsuru used what he learned in Scotland to create the Japanese style of whisky, unique to the country. After a 10-year contract with Kotobukiya, Taketsuru left to build the Yoichi distillery in Hokkaido, where Nikka was born. Unlike Scotland, where barrel samples are often traded between distilleries to create blended whiskies, Japanese distillers create numerous in-house variations from their own distillery’s new make spirit. In addition, oak treatment in Japan can range from first-fill American oak casks to used American barrels to former sherry butts, bourbon casks and even mizunara, an expensive Japanese oak. Masataka established Nikka because he was determined to introduce his fellow Japanese to the joys of authentic whisky. In the decades since, as his company developed and the enjoyment of whisky became a fixture in Japan, he remained relentlessly passionate about quality. Never did he allow it to be sacrificed in favor of efficiency.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Nikka Whiksey Pure Malt Taketsuru Non Age!
Ayme R.
Chula Vista, CA
Very beutiful all products, cool very good..nice the colors...all my favorites thanks...!! Cool, nice, good
Garrett S.
Millmont, PA
Purchased at: Amazon
One of the best whiskeys I've ever had next to Crown. I would certainly recommend this to anyone looking to try something new.
Sashi M.
Fairfax, VA
great, very good drink. highly recommend for anyone wanting a great drink. Highly recommend! Highly recommend! Highly recommend! Highly recommend! Highly recommend! Highly recommend! This drink has great flavor, fruity and strong
Christine C.
I mean, geez, it's perfect. Even if someone doesn't love whisky or doesn't think they do, this is one that will change their minds. It's not an everyday whisky for me, but it's something that I will happily drink on the rocks anytime and I think it's absolutely worth the price.
Johana J.
Indianapolis, IN
Purchased at: Walmart
I am new to this influenster, so to give my opinion I would have to try the products first although this brand seems to me to be very good and I would love to try the product and thus give it the go-ahead and promote it on my social networks. I definitely want to try it.
h M.
philadelphia
Love love love this whiskey. Smooth, best on its own, do not use this as a mixer! No biting aftertaste, probably one of the smoothest ones I’ve tried.
Kim T.
new york
I love how smooth and delicious this whiskey is. My dad, who likes a more petey whiskey, is not a fan though.
Evangelina M.
Madera, CA
This is a very delicious alcohol, especially when paired with flavored drinks and crushed ice. Great for summer.
Mariko R.
One of my favorite whiskeys. It was worth lugging this across several airports! It has this slightly smoky, woodsy taste to it that I haven't found in many others. It could go down a little smoother but it doesn't bug me.
Hannah V.
Mary Esther , FL
Such a great alcohol. Great taste and very good with a coke. We love to keep this in the house for special occasions

Looking for your answer?