BY NICOLE BY OPI #24 in Nail Polish Top Coats

Prevent chipping; high-gloss formula.

• Is this top coat shinier than the regular OPI top coat?1 Answers
  • How long does this really last?1 Answers
  • I am always doing something so my nail polish constantly ...2 Answers
Buy on Walmart
  • "I really love this nail polish I just got done painting my accent nail with the color Guys & Galaxies, it is so sparkly and beautiful." in 122 reviews
  • "the quality to me doesn't compare to the regular o.p.i nail polish this chip within hours of putting it on even with a base and top coat." in 77 reviews
  • "I'm a big fan of opi I like the selection of colors and the quality of the product sometimes a little high on price depends on where you go but they always have deals and again the color selection is great." in 50 reviews
  • "The brush is really well designed for a smooth and simple application on nails, and the formula does not get goopy after being kept for a long time." in 38 reviews
  • "I was very hesitant to spend $8 on a 3-in-1 nail polish bottle because I've heard the 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner products do not yield great results, however I was in desperate need for a good base coat because I was just wasting so much time painting my nails for it to come off the next day." in 22 reviews
Dory S.
I absolutely love this! It's my favorite top coat. I discovered this product at my local beauty supply. was pretty hesistant to purchase, but I am glad I did. I take it with me to do my nails at my local nail salon. I ALWAYS do my nails with this top coat. You cant go wrong with this one!
Makenzie P.
Bremen, GA
I love this. This is my favorite too coat I've bought in a long time. It's a little pricy but it actually works so it makes up for it. It leaves a really nice shiny finish. If you haven't tried it I'd recommend it.
Amber N.
Erie, PA
First and foremost, I am actually a pretty big fan of the OPI brand, so when a friend had brought me the Turquoise Texture in the Nicole line by Opi, I was excited to try it.

The Nicole line seems to capitalize on the trendy frosted look that seems to frequently be a big hit. Upon application, the nail polish dries quickly, but needs to dry completely (5-10 minutes) before you add a second coat, lest you end up with a very streaky application.

The color is great - very vibrant. The texture is very strange, almost powdery, but didn't bother me too much - after all, I'm sure that's how they get that nifty frosted effect. If it becomes an issue for you, try using clear coat on top of it, but beware, it may lift some of the color and deposit it into your clear coat.

As someone who is horrifically hard on their nails (typing, dogs, dishes, cooking, etc etc), I don't expect much from at-home manicures. However, because Opi usually lasts 3-4 days before beginning to chip, I was pretty sad when my nails only lasted about a day and a half before the paint at the edges began to chip and flake off.

Upon removal - if you didn't use at least one coat of a basecoat - your nails will be stained a very unearthly shade of blue-green, and no amount of acetone will remove it. In order to remove the stain, you will have to gently buff it out of your nails or wait for it to grow out - so I suggest a base coat.

I'd give it a solid B-. It's not my favorite product in the OPI line, but the color is so perfect that it's hard not to love!
Ruth R.
I like how shiny this top coat makes my nails look but what I have noticed is that when I apply it to the nails, the top coat's brush gets stained from the color on my nails.
Cassandra B.
FRIENDSVILLE, TN
Let me start off by saying, out of the 3 bottles I own I have not paid full price for them, and I'm glad. The colors are nice, the bottle shape is really cute but the quality is a little on the downside for me. I own 2 sparkles and a regular pink. All 3 of them chip very easily no matter how many coats I use and when they chip they don't just chip a little on the edge of your nail it chips in BIG chunks. I do use a China Glaze top coat and it didn't help at all. I rated it a B because I now use them strictly for my toes and they work very well on those. I really wanted to like these better but unless I find them at the deals I have found the others I won't purchase them. I have found that Target usually has some on clearance for around $2 and Ulta sometimes for around $4! At THOSE prices, I do believe they are a nice deal :)
Kendra P.
Elkton, VA
From the Nicole by OPI website: "Rainbow in the S-Kylie” is a kaleidoscope glitter packed with punches of blue, green, pink, orange, yellow & silver. The varying glitter sizes create a prism of color when worn alone, or transform your look when layered. Chosen by Kylie Jenner as one of her Kardashian Kolor shades, she loves “Rainbow in the S-Kylie” because it’s an outrageous chunky glitter."

This nail polish boasts that it is perfect for when you aren't sure what color you should paint your nails. And while I am inclined to agree, I chose this lovely glitter purely for New Year's Eve festivities. And boy, was I ever impressed! Forgive the terrible quality picture (and the messy nails!), but I was so excited to take pictures I couldn't wait. Just as the website states, this nail polish is best worn as a top layer. I paired with with Sea Foam (which is really more of a Tiffany Blue, in my honest opinion) and was very pleased.
Ensuring full coverage of the nail was a tad tricky, but overall, I highly recommend this product. I am incredibly pleased.
Kristina A.
I just bought my second bottle of OPI Nicole Drying Drops. First I must say that I do find them to be a little pricey, they were $7.99 at my local CVS. However they are a helpful addition in the nail drying process. The claim that they "With just one drop, nails are dry to the touch in 60 seconds" might be a reach unless you already allow your nails to dry several minutes before hand. Also I use a nail dryer spray several times before the drops. Finally 1 drop has NEVER been enough for me, it just doesn't fully coat my entire nail. I find myself putting 3-4 drops per nail.

So I let my nails dry 1 min, spray my nails real good with my nail drying spray, then wait another 1-2 min, add 3-4 nail drying drops per nail then 5-10 min later my nails are what I like to call "out the door dry." Which to me means they are dry enough to leave the house, dry to the touch for sure, but I can't let anything dig into my polish.
Samantha P.
Long Beach, NY
I'm not a fan of the brush at all. It's tall and thin and does not pick up a lot of product at all. I like polishes that require one "dunk" into the bottle per nail. But each nail took like three "dunks." (Is there a better term than "dunk"? I feel like I'm refereeing a basketball game). This polish is also a pain because the actual brush wand is relatively short, so after you get down to a certain point in the bottle, you have to actually screw the top back on just to get polish on the brush. It's a big hassle and ain't nobody got time for that. Also, this polish chips really fast. I painted my nails last night, and it's already chipped. It's nowhere near as resilient as Revlon Colorstay or Julep. I wouldn't recommend this brand. A lot of other brands cost around $7 or less (basically every drugstore nail polish) so I say pick something else. Maybe if this was #3 I would consider it.
christie p.
I have the color "sounds grape to me" and I'm super impressed! The color is a super nice dark purple with tiny pinkish, reddish glitter. I found it at Target on clearance for $2 so I thought I'd give it a try since I'd never tried any Nicole by OPI polishes before. I'm not a huge fan of the original OPI polishes but these are much, much better. I'm on my 4th day of wearing this and I don't have any full on chips yet! Just a little wearing on the edges, which I think is incredibly impressive!! I used Orly's bonder base coat and Sally Hansen's insta dri top coat with it and it seems to be working very well with this polish. I also really like the packaging. The bottle never gets close to tipping over or even moving whenever I'm dipping the brush in it. I'm definitely going to try out more soon

check out my blog if you love fashion, beauty, DIY, and giveaways!
christie-mariee.Blogspot.com
Nina P.
santa fe, nm
I really like these polishes! I own several and use all of them frequently to add some flair to my look. The polish dries quickly and lasts about a week on me. I usually do about two coats of the polish itself, it never gets too thick and looks great. The polishes look really good after they dry and never get that transparen't look which drives me nuts when I use a matte color. I have even used a single coat of this polish and it has lasted a while without chipping, and I use my hands a lot for work. I really like to layer the glitter polishes with the regular polishes for a really cool look. I know they cost about $7 per bottle, and even then I will buy them because I like them, but I have found special twin packs at discount retailers like TJ Maxx for like five bucks!! Overall, I love this product and think it is great I would recommend it to anyone!
Deborah Ann N.
Cairo, GA
Would you say the price is fair for the quality?
Tarole H.
Richmond
In comparison to original OPI - would you say the paint stays as long?
Vinamae M.
Spokane, Wa
What color is your favorite?
Vanessa G.
Other then the color of a polish what influences you to buy a new one?
India H.
Antioch, TN
Is it really worth the price?