Nexxus Inergy Gentle Exfoliating Scalp Scrub

Highlights

• Nexxus Gentle Exfoliating Scalp Scrub that gently removes impurities and buildup with natural, micro-exfoliating sugars and moisturizes the scalp
  • Enriched with fortifying PROTEINFUSION™ blend with wheat protein and ginger root
  • Contains sweet almond oil, aloe vera and coconut oil
  • Massage directly onto the scalp to prepare for Scalp Inergy Foam Shampoo
  • Treat scalp to this gentle exfoliation at least once a week
  • Follow with SCALP INERGY Shampoo and Conditioner

Haas anyone used this scalp scrub? What’s your feelings about it? Is it worth it?
does this product leave your scalp flake free?
Never heard of something like this before. How well does it work ?
Start your review of Nexxus Inergy Gentle Exfoliating Scalp Scrub!
How would you rate this product?
Nexxus Inergy Gentle Exfoliating Scalp Scrub uploaded by Riley M.
I’ve been interested in the new “skincare inspired haircare” craze and wanted to try out a scalp scrub. A little background on my hair: Type 4a/4b that is currently in passion/spring twists. My scalp had a fair amount of buildup since I haven’t been able to wash it properly with my hair in braids. I wet my hair first and took a small amount of the scrub and gently rubbed it down the parts of my hair. The scrub itself smells amazing and has a fine “grit”, so I wasn’t concerned about getting any cuts or having huge pieces leftover in my hair. At first, the tingling sensation was subtle, but once I started to wash it out the feeling intensified. My scalp felt amazing and my hair didn’t feel stripped of its oils! I'm only giving it 4 stars because I've used it once and would like to use it a few more times to see how my scalp responds, but so far so good!I would definitely recommend trying this product if you’re looking for a special washday treatment.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Nexxus Inergy Gentle Exfoliating Scalp Scrub uploaded by Michele B.
This Nexus scalp scrub is now one of many scalp scrubs that I've tried. I don't have a lot of issues with my hair but I do with my scalp and scale removal is a must so that medicated shampoos that need to sit for a bit can be absorbed into the scalp. The directions say to massage evenly and rinse and that's it, very basic, not really helpful. I definitely found it is easier to apply to a dry head then a wet one, I'm pretty sure I got more in my hair rather than on my scalp either way, as it's quite goopy, I do find it best to part sections and apply before the actual massaging part and to not add water till your ready rinse it off, otherwise the sugar melts right away. The scent is Indescribable because I'm not really sure how to describe it other than I don't like it. Oddly the only time I felt the 'cooling sensation' was when I rinsed, as it ran down my face by accident I felt the cooling sensation on my lips. Would I myself purchase this scrub? - Maybe, as I prefer the Ever Fresh Micro-exfoliating scrub which is gotten really really hard to find, though I would suggest this scrub or any sugar based scrub over anything that was salt based, as salt burns if it accidentally scratches.
Fort Worth, TX
Nexxus Inergy Gentle Exfoliating Scalp Scrub uploaded by Heather E.
This scalp scrub has a wonderful and relaxing scent. I was able to apply it to both wet and dry hair to see which way was easier and it was easier to apply when my hair was dry. I have very long hair and a lot of it and it made getting the scrub on the scalp difficult. I do not feel like it did a diffident job at exfoliating the scalp due to having a difficult time with application. It did instantly provide a cooling sensation that lasted from initial application through shampoo and conditioner as well. It provided extra moisture to my scalp and hair, which was noticed in having a greasier texture the following morning after washing. My hair did feel softer after use as well. I enjoyed the product for the cooling sensation, added moisture, and the scent, but I don’t feel it adequately exfoliated the scalp.
Commerce, CA
Nexxus Inergy Gentle Exfoliating Scalp Scrub uploaded by Ashley G.
I received this product free for review from Influenster and I’m pretty happy that I did! I wasn’t sure what to expect since I had never tried a product to exfoliate your scalp but I was pleasantly surprised. I feel like my scalp is definitely cleaner after the shower. This product has a VERY cooling sensation which I really enjoy. I was worried because my hair is very thin and I wasn’t sure if the exfoliating and the consistency would pull my hair out but it definitely didn’t. I think it makes my hair look slightly thicker once it air dries and I’ll take all the help I could get in that department. The only thing I do wish that this product was is cruelty free.
Smyrna, GA
This scrub is very gentle. The granules are the size of white sugar. Since I have thick curly hair, I started at the base of my head and moved up. Not until I reached my crown did I feel the scrub....and it felt great. Even though this was too gentle for me, it felt nice. I appreciated the ingredients, especially the protein. But I don’t understand the purpose of it in an exfoliating scrub that will be immediately rinsed out. It takes 20-30 minutes for the protein treatment to penetrate my hair. I want my scrub to exfoliate, clarify, & detoxify my scalp and leave it up to deep conditioners to strengthen my hair. I received this from Influenster to test and I will continue to use it. But will I repurchase it? I doubt it.
Glen Burnie , MD
Nexxus Inergy Gentle Exfoliating Scalp Scrub uploaded by Kristen B.
Nexxus Inergy Gentle Exfoliating Scalp Scrub uploaded by Kristen B.
This product is hard to get every where on your scalp without feeling like you use a lot of the product or put it on in sections at a time. But it really did not take too much to cover my scalp. I absolutely loved the way it felt on my scalp. It was a nice gentle exfoliate and it really felt invigorating. I left it on for a couple of minutes and I just loved the way it felt. It also did not weigh my hair down which is important for me as I have fine oily hair. I definitely plan on purchasing once I run out of this product.
Bethel Park, PA
I received this product for free from Influenster to review. When I saw that I was receiving this I was pretty happy since my scalp gets dry in the winter. It smells amazing and looks so shiny when you open it! I’m used to scalp scrubs feeling kind of scratchy when you rub them in but this one felt pretty smooth going on. When I got out my hair felt great, no build-up, no flakes. I have fine, wavy/curly hair and struggle with products making my hair too soft. The product did make my hair super soft making it lose volume so that was my only drawback to it. Other than that, I did like it and it’s good to get rid of buildup maybe once a week for me.
Richmond, TX
I received Nexxus Inergy Gentle Exfoliating Scalp Scrub free for my honest review and I loved the results of this product! I wasn’t sure what to expect from a scalp scrub. I divided my hair in sections and applied the scrub to my scalp. I gently massages the scrub in into my scalp and immediately my hair felt soft! I was excited to see what would happen after rinsing and shampooing my hair. My hair is so soft! My scalp feels invigorated and clean! This product also has a nice fresh scent. I love it! I will be purchasing this product in the future. I highly recommend giving it a try! I will try other Nexxus products from this line!
Ellenwood, GA
I really thought this product was just a fad but I was really impressed with the result. I have used it twice so far with similar out comes. I end up using less shampoo and spend less time overall washing my hair. The smell is pleasant and I do enjoy the tingling feeling when applied. First time I parted my hair and applied in sections, second time around I just scoop it up and worked it in with my finger tips. Both method work with the fair share of pros and cons. Overall its a great product to try if you have a case of excessive sebum build up. For the price I probably won't repurchase (just for my budget reasons) but it is worth it.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Nexxus Inergy Gentle Exfoliating Scalp Scrub uploaded by Kay H.
I was beyond excited to try this product! I love the idea of a mini scalp massage at home, just a few moments of pampering in busy life. Unfortunately I never really felt the scrub on my scalp, it was like it could not reach it. I scrubbed really hard and got a beautiful lather, but never got the cooling sensation that I felt on the skin that came in contact with the scrub. My hair is about 2 inches above my shoulders. I am going to give it to a friend who has short hair and see how she does with it. An amazing idea, just needs a little tweaking. The scent was also amazing!!!