Nexxus Heat Protexx Heat Protection Styling Spray uploaded by Crystal R.

BY NEXXUS #20 in Heat Protectors

Beautiful Hair Begins With Healthy Ends. Help protect hair from breakage due to heat styling tools of up to 450° F with Nexxus® Heat Protexx Heat Protection Styling Spray, a protective step in the ProMend solution. Nexxus® Promend Heat Protexx Heat Protection styling spray acts as a barrier to absorb heat and protect hair from the damaging effects of styling appliances, split ends, breakage, frizz, and dryness. 1-800-444-Nexxus ; see more...

Nexxus Heat Protexx Heat Protection Styling Spray
  • "I am friends with a few hairstylists & let me tell you why it's a terrible heat protectant: the number one ingredient listed (which means it's mostly made out of) is alcohol." in 3 reviews
  • "This product has a really good smell and I do think it helped keep my hair soft and not dried out after using the blow dryer." in 2 reviews
  • "My hair looks really good when I use it." in 2 reviews
  • "I noticed my hair looked a lot healthier and I could go longer between trims once I started using this product." in 2 reviews
  • "Protects my hair from my blow dryer and straightener without making my hair greasy" in 1 review
Vivian C.
Vivian C.
Hanahan, SC
I have gone back and forth with a few different heat protectors, but Nexxus is my go - to. The shape of the spray bottle allows for an even distribution of the spray and is so easy to apply yourself! the spray itself is also very light and doesn't make your hair crispy or oily, as well as doesn't smell too strong so that you may use other products as needed!
Torey N.
Torey N.
Allendale, MI
I love this heat protector. I have used this for a long time and buy it over and over. I spray it on my hair before blow drying and before using a hot tool. The scent is nice, and doesn't really last In my hair which I like. Anyone who wants an affordable heat protector (which you need!) needs to get this.
Jackie F.
Jackie F.
This product seems to do a great job protecting my hair, however it does lose the shine when I use this product I will typically have to apply something else after to make my hair look healthier and shinier. The damage to my hair has decreased since I have started using this with my straight iron.
Laura V.
Laura V.
LOVE ALL NEXXUS PRODUCTS. pricey but well worth the money. Never burned my hair and never got any spilt ends with this product before i put any type of heat on it. It smelled good and lasted me a good bit before i repurchased. isn't sticky to skin and the packaging is easy and controllable.
Christina C.
Christina C.
Smyrna, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I just found a bottle of this in my basket of beauty products i don't use anymore. I have very long hair, so i straighten once a week, and Nexxus always works good on my hair. I haven't used this in a while, but will be using this the next time i wash, blowdry, and straighten.
Patrick A.
Patrick A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is probably my favorite heat protectant. I straighten my hair a good bit, and this guy keeps my hair from becoming a fried, cooked up mess. It's also the only heat protectant that I've used that actually leaves my hair feeling so softer than it started out. LOVE IT!!!
Darian M.
Darian M.
Lynn Haven, FL
Pretty good but not great, Love the bottle design but the product like a lot of other protection styling spray is just leave my hair feeling sticky or greasy right and I hate that I want to have that I just got out of the shower blowdried my hair fluffy hair at look.
Shelby R.
Shelby R.
Dallas, TX
At my Walmart it's about $15 a bottle, which is some what expensive compared to other heat protection sprays. But the quality of this spray is SUPERB. I've used it almost daily for months on end and there was an enormous decrease in split ends. Definitely recommend!
Cathy T.
Cathy T.
Loveland, CO
I have been using this protectant for about 5 years now. It smells wonderful and gives me good protection against the damaging effects of blow drying. I spray it on my towel dried hair and use a wide tooth comb to distribute. Helps to detangle and controls static.
Laura O.
Laura O.
Cheektowaga, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Unfortunately I didn't find this product very helpful at protecting my hair and preventing further damage from heat or other problems. The smell irritated me as well. I bought this on clearance and it must not have been a big seller where I bought it.
Liz H.
Liz H.
Bowling Green, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been searching for a new heat protection spray because I have to flat iron my hair on a daily basis. Does this product help reduce frizz and dead ends that come from straightening? Also, does it smell good?
Maritza S.
Maritza S.
South Jordan, UT
Does this product also work well to detangle your hair when it's wet?
jessica b.
jessica b.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this the best heat protectant you've used? I use a lot of heat styling tools on my hair and I don't want it to get damaged. If it's not, what's the best protectant you've used?
Christy F.
Christy F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Some heat protectant products I have tried make my hair greasy fast. Does this one tend to give too much of a shiny look after using it?
Victoria C.