BY NEWMAN'S OWN

Sour Apple Licorice Twists
Sour Apple Licorice Twists Made With Organic Sugar

Organic Wheat Flour, Organic Sugar, Corn Syrup, Organic Tapioca Syrup, Vegetable Glycerin, Citric Acid, Sunflower Oil, Natural Apple Flavor, Elderberry Extract, Malic Acid, Licorice Root Extract.

Kosher

Buy on Walmart*
Hayley A.
Richmond, VA
I'm a fan of many of the Newman's Own products and the philosophy behind them. The fact that the company has donated so much of its earnings to charities is a big plus for me. I wish more corporations were so inclined.

Pomegranate Licorice Twists are a tasty addition to the Newman's Own line. They really captured the essence of pomegranate in these twists, something that's not so easy to do. While I enjoy the taste, I found them a little tough, even though the "best before" date on my package is for March 2012. I expected them to be a little softer, but the chewiness didn't hinder my enjoyment of the product overmuch. However, it did cause them to get stuck in my teeth. It was a while after eating before the last traces of these twists were dissolved.

Here's a list of the ingredients:
Organic Wheat Flour, Organic Sugar, Corn Syrup, Organic Tapioca Syrup, Vegetable Glycerin, Sunflower Oil, Elderberry Extract, Citric Acid, Natural Flavor, Pomegranate Juice Concentrate, Licorice Root Extract.

The twists are part of Newman's Own Organics division, started by Nell Newman. Organic is great, but it translate into a costlier product. Comparable Strawberry Twist Twizzlers are about half the price and are fewer calories per piece, yet have half the iron and protein of the Pomegranate Twists. Twizzlers taste about as good and are softer too. Consumers must decide for themselves if it is worth a premium price for a snack product very similar to the competition. If you value (mostly) healthy ingredients and enjoy exotically flavored licorice, then it just may be worth it to you.
Tina Maria R.
Doylestown, PA
I gave this four stars only because the price is a little high at my local Giant Food Store and also because I wish there was a little bit more in the package. It's definitely not the size of a Twizzler bag let's say but the flavor is so much better. Whether it's sour apple, cherry or black licorice that I've tried they're also delicious. I really like that Newman's Own has such a wonderful way they run their company by giving to charity. With the sad passing of Paul Newman it's nice to know that his legacy that meant so much to him is still living on with so many wonderful products and that his daughter is doing such a tremendous job continuing his wonderful company with wonderful products.
Carina S.
These are absolutely delicious. I randomly saw these while grocery shopping and the pomegranate flavor caught my eye, I love pomegranate so I decided to try these. They are a bit pricier than your traditional licorice in the candy aisle, but they are so worth the price for NO artificial flavors or colors! You can pronounce and actually know what every ingrediant is, and all is naturally derived. I will be repurchasing this and trying the other flavors!
Bernadette M.
Hayward, CA
Organic and found at The Market in the Twitter building in San Francisco, but I get the strawberry flavor. They have different flavors. I used to get a similar product at Long's when they existed called Kenny's. So good and cheap. These aren't as cheap but they remind of those delicious candies I can't find anywhere, unless I want to order it online and pay for shipping.
Linzzy N.
Branchburg, NJ
I don't usually like licorice but I did enjoy these a bit. They are not as strong as some other licorice and it's easy to enjoy