New York Sports Club uploaded by Lais M.

BY MY SPORTS CLUBS #14 in Gyms

No matter what your fitness level, all Sports Club locations offer a multitude of options for everyone, including a wide range of group exercise and fitness programs. All Clubs are fully equipped with tons of strength training equipment, cardiovascular machines and other exercise equipment.

Greta C.
BROOKLYN, NY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I go to the NYSC at E. 71st St and 1st ave in Manhattan as well as the one on E. 16th St and Kings Highway in Brooklyn. Both gyms have a variety of machines to get a great workout in, but there is room for improvement in terms of cleanliness and availability of amenities.
Kristen D.
Garnerville, NY
Great student deals. Lots of excipient and the gym is spectated into sections nicely so you don’t get in the way of others work outs. They have good classes, but I wish you could just walk in instead of having to sign up online ahead of time.
Nicole M.
Lindenhurst, NY
Location is ideal for me as i work in NYC. They offer plenty of classes at reasonable times. The cost is appropriate for me since I workout 3x M-F. I wish they offered corporate discounts on training sessions but overall I can not complain!
Geraldine M.
Sunnyside, NY
I love this gym although it can get quite crowded during rush hours. They offer good classes and change it up every quarter. There’s also a lot of them where I live in NYC. Some of them are better than others but I do enjoy this gym.
Blair N.
Disappointing. I went to the City Hall location for awhile as well as the upper east 93rd st location and they were not great. The Wall Street one is so much nicer. City hall and 93rd St need renovations desperately.
Genesis C.
Mount Vernon, NY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
The one in my area was good but they need to keep up with the maintenance of the place and the machines. Some were always broken. Was disappointed with some of the charges but their fitness classes are good
Hannah S.
I love New York Sports Club. The machines are new and well maintained and the facilities are kept nice and clean. I really like the staff and the non competitive atmosphere of the gym.
Patricia S.
West Nyack, NY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
My previous gym experience was my university gym and Planet Fitness. So you could say I have a low barre (lol). But I've maintained my NYSC gym membership for the past year, and I love it. I'm amazed that I haven't quit yet. I go to a location in the 'burbs, so there aren't so many classes, but I like to go to the spin and Total Body Conditioning classes. It's a really great workout.
Jenna U.
Mahwah
Disgusting. This gym has lost its curb appeal. All locations are over crowded, smelly, I cleaned, run by teenagers and just flat out gross. The prices are too high for what they offer. So gross!
jacob p.
Brooklyn, NY
For the most part I think we can all agree that a treadmill is a treadmill and lifting heavy object and putting them back down again is pretty straight forward. That being said the facilities are nothing to write home about. It has the things you would expect a gym to have. The reason I am giving it a low score and HIGHLY cautioning anyone from going here is because of their crooked and deceitful practices. The prices they confirm to you are not the prices that they charge. You have to navigate a labyrinth of phone numbers to get close to talking to anyone. They clearly have a strategy of just putting people on hold until they give up. If you do get through to someone they will say whatever you want to hear to get you off the phone and then just not do anything.

I canceled my membership in person (they won't do it on the phone) and they still keep charging me. It would be one thing if they were polite about it and just took care of the cut and dry mistake but they continue to ignore and attempt to charge.

I also confirmed a lower price via email with representatives that they continued to charged. Of course I can't get in touch with anyone who wants to help me, but the second they realized the card on file was expired, they were emailing me within minutes...There are a thousands and thousands of gyms in this city. I would recommend going to a small local business you feel you can trust. At the very least, just go to ANY other gym. Why do business with a deceitful company with facilities that are not all that different from any other gym.

Just go somewhere else. I'm dreading try to get this resolved and and positive they will continue to avoid me, lie to me, and try to charge me. They have lost a customer for ever and I don't want anyone else to have to go through this.
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
What is the atmosphere of this gym?