New-Skin® Liquid Bandage

by New-Skin

#4 in Bandages

--s2New-Skin® Liquid Bandage and Liquid Bandage Spray can be used to help prevent bacterial contamination in minor cuts and scrapes. Both dry rapidly to form a tough protective cover that is antiseptic, flexible, waterproof, and lets skin breathe. Just one stroke or spray protects the wound by keeping out dirt and germs and provides protection against infection with an antiseptic. How It Works. ---The active ingredient in New-Skin® Liquid Bandage and Liquid Bandage Spray is 8- Hydroxyquinoline, a first aid antiseptic. Available with a brush-on applicator or spray, New-Skin® Liquid Bandage can be used to protect minor cuts, scrapes, blisters and hangnails. How to Use It. Clean affected area. Apply small amount on the area one to three times daily. Let dry. A second coating may be applied for extra protection. To remove, apply more New-Skin® Liquid Bandage and quickly wipe off. Who Should Use It. New-Skin® Liquid Bandage and Liquid Bandage Spray are great for runners, golfers, hikers, bikers, musicians, outdoor tradesmen, crafters and more. Where to Buy It. New-Skin® Liquid Bandage and Liquid Bandage Spray are available over the counter at more than 50,000 drug stores, grocery stores, pharmacies, mass merchants, club stores and convenience stores nationwide. For more information, visit. www.newskinproducts.com. .

Does this burn when applied?
Has anyone had a problem with pus forming under the dried New-Skin?  This happened to me every time I used it.
Can you use this his on open blisters and does it work well for blisters!?
Start your review of New-Skin® Liquid Bandage!
Product Highlights
“I recieved this in my Good Life Vox Box and I used it on the backs of my ankles to prevent blisters on a long trail run in new shoes.” in 30 reviews
“I work with a lot of plans and paper and get paper cuts all the time... this stuff works great for all the tiny cuts I get!” in 19 reviews
“love this product to use when going in the water , when you get one of those cracks from dry skin, or when you get a paper cut or small cut!” in 14 reviews
“It help keep out dirt from my cut and i felt that it got better faster.I received this product complimentary from Influenster” in 12 reviews
“this product is great for using on minor cuts and scrapes on your hands, its waterproof so you don't have to worry about grabbing a new bandage every time you wash your hands.” in 9 reviews
Geneva, OH
My cat scratched the tip of my finger so I decided to use it. It worked great. Nothing irritated it after I put it on. But since it was on my hand I had it by my face a lot and the smell isn't the best but not unbearable. If I didn't get it in my voxbox I'd definitely purchase it from the store it's handy and comes in a tiny bottle that'll fit in your purse or pocket.
Oxford, GA
I work on movie sets with the filming crew as well as construction crews as a paramedic and New Skin is a must have! It's great when you have an actor with a cut and can't have a visible bandage in the shot. It's also perfect for the construction guys because they are continuously knocking or sweating off the traditional bandage. It's so quick and easy to use in this fast paced industry. I also use this product at home on my little boy as well as my pets (whom would never keep a traditional bandage on!)
Buford, GA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I love this bandage! We recently got a new kitten at home and she is a bit of a terror! Cat scratches are hard to cover with normal bandages but with new-skin you just spray and go. This product DOES sting and stink a bit but it is a good way to cover odd scrapes. I’ll be getting more of this in the future. I received this product complimentary from Influenster.
Fairborn, OH
This is a great product, espcially for cuts on your hands because you don't have to worry about destroying your Band-Aid when you wash your hands. It's also great on areas that are hard to keep bandages because it's not going to come off. It does burn a bit when you apply it, but it's wel worth it for something you don't have to change constantly due to either not sticking well enough or hand washing. The bottle will last quite a while to. The only downside is it has a bit of a yellowish tint to it.
Stoneham, MA
When I try breaking in a new pair of hiking boots or jogging shoes, I always get these small blisters. Putting a band-aid on while trying to break them in is horrible; the band-aid usually always falls off. I was turned on to this by a co-worker and I recently used it while breaking in a new pair of Nike trail runners. It works great! I had a small blister on my heel and this prevented it from popping & rubbing against the sock. I would definitely recommend this, especially if you're a jogger.
Waterford, MI
This is the best thing for paper cuts or slivers recently pulled. I find more uses with this however with my dogs that are forever getting a scratch here or there. Just need to make sure the area is cleaned well and out won't itch which I think is why some people had that problem. Its nontoxic and is a great TEMPORARY fix, after all its not a band aid :-) I've been using it for years and as long as you clean the capo before you put it away much like any glue you will have it for a long while
Tracy , CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I like this product because it is more comfortable to me than a regular bandaid. I strongly dislike getting regular bandaids wet while washing my hands or in the shower. With this I need not worry about that yucky feeling. Also it is as easy as "reapply and dry". I like that it has antiseptic properties in it as well. Plus, for those hard to bandage areas all you need is to paint this on and you're golden! I use it on painful hangnails. One downside is the smell but it goes away once dry.
Jamison, PA
I just received this product from my goodvoxbox, and immediately used it to protect my skin from blisters while wearing new shoes. It worked great for that purpose. I then gave this product to my friend to use on a huge cut he had on his leg. It did not work for that purpose at all, and left his skin actually in worse shape then he had before. So in all, if you are to use this product for minor cuts and blisters, it will be perfect. Other than that, I would not recommend it.
I luckily received this product complimentary from Influenster from my GoodLifeVoxBox. At first, I wasn't able to use the product because I didn't have any cuts, scrapes, or blisters so that made me sad. I did let my mom and boyfriend use it and they both reported that it held up throughout the day pretty well. My mom didn't like the stinging, and my boyfriend didn't like the smell. I'm using it to cover a blister and it does work really well, but the smell does get intense.
Cottonwood Heights
I received the spray version of this product in my #GoodVoxBox on the day that my thumb got cut while I was working out in the gym and it was an absolute lifesaver. It quickly covered the wound and protected it so it could heal. It has a bit of a smell when the spray is being used on the wound but it isn't malodorous and goes away shortly after. I liked how easy it was to use and loved that the spray includes an antiseptic to prevent future infection from occurring.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...