BY NEW GIRL #22 in TV

• Don't you just love Zooey Dechanel??51 Answers
  • Of the four roommates (Jess, Nick, Schmidt, Winston) who is your ...44 Answers
  • Who else is a fan of Cece and Schmidt? They are one good looking ...34 Answers
New Girl
  • "I wasn't a big fan of zooey deschanel's (ahem, 500 Days of Summer) , but after watching the first 2 seasons of New Girl, I was modeling my life after her." in 181 reviews
  • "This will always be my favorite show, it is truly the most funny and relatable show ever and the characters are so quirky" in 69 reviews
  • "I started watching this show on my own and then I introduced my boyfriend and now my boyfriend and I watch this show all the time!" in 58 reviews
  • "But hasn't been all that great in its third season hopefully it gets back to where it's first season then maybe I will be more app to watch it all the time and not just on occasion." in 41 reviews
  • "I love this show so much , i watched all first three seasons on Netflix and got hooked watched them in less than a month and i am currently watching it on tv as well every week ... i love it and wish it was a daily show on tv ! " in 41 reviews
Edileisy P.
Pop Culture Expert
I think it is a very good show. It's been a while since I laughed that hard. I'd like to address a lot of the other reviews saying that it is not funny and unrealistic.

I feel that people rating this show badly have just been formatted by all the other series and movies. They are expecting a deep story and realism... I think they may have been mislead by Zooey Deschanel thinking it was going to be a lot more mature. It doesn't differ much from the big bang theory or How I Met your Mother in term of style. If anything it is better. But I don't see how you can not appreciate these characters. Saying they are unrealistic is like saying the ocean is full of water... It's a comedy TV show, not real life. So it's not a valid point in my opinion.

You should take it for what it is. They are very caricatured characters but it doesn't stop you from getting attached to their unique personality. I hope people don't get discouraged from giving it a chance because of the low reviews.
House of M.
Pop Culture Expert
Both myself and my husband enjoy this television show and he is fairly hard to please. Most of my favorite scenes include either Jess or Winston, they are my personal favorites. I do not really think this series is like any other out there right now. It is kind of a new age Three's Company without all of the sexual innuendos. Besides them living in an awesome and likely highly unattainably expensive loft apartment, this feels like a normal roomie situation.
allyson w.
Pop Culture Expert

While the first season will draw attention to the different characters, they are already the second most viewed , resulting in somewhat the same , less funny moments and a main story that does not advance.

Therefore , an entertaining series , very focused on Jess , with some funny moments but neither will the parties , and a central story that progresses slowly. He has not left me eager to see the third season, because I guess it will be more of the same .
Crystal O.
Lakewood, WA
Pop Culture Expert
I cannot get enough of this show. i binge watched all the seasons and of course this last one leaves you with impatiant for the next. Of course you want certain characters to be together and than they never do or don't stay together leaves you frustrated and wanting someone else to come in and than boom the show gets rid of that character too. the humor at times is dry but thats my kind of humor. I love Winston lol.
Mr.Retail ..
Pop Culture Expert
Jess and Nick steal the show. Best Comedy on tv. A constant stream of hilarious moments mixed with awkward and brilliant takes on everyday situations. I recommend this show after a long day at work to decompress the mind and open up your vocal chords to huge laughs. With so many ethnic groups represented and the lead being a woman it really was a breath of fresh air. #greatshow
Jules P.
Pop Culture Expert
New girls is a comedy about 6 friend and 5 of them live together. On the first episode it was about a girls who just found out her boyfriend was cheating on her and than moves in with 4 guys (sometimes 3 one is never their at first) and the challenges and relationships then go throw after Jess moves in but also making it really funny
Melissa C.
I gave it three stars. Now the first few seasons deserve a full five stars because hello! Zooey Deschanel is in them!! She kicks ass!! But then she had her baby (Yay! babies are the best) but instead off finding a reason to boot her character off the show they replaced her. I can't stand the seasons with the replacement actress
Wendy O.
Columbus, OH
I loooove this show! It's probably my second favorite show, right after "The Office". I was hooked from the first season. Jess is adorably awkward and you really never know what she will say/do next. It's a unique plot with tons of lovable characters. Would definitely recommend this show if you are looking for funny/quirky!
Mariah R.
Eden Prairie, MN
Pop Culture Expert
So let me explain my 3 star rating. When I stated watching this show, I absolutely loved it and how real Zooey Dechanel's character is. I found myself relating to her quite often - haha. However, after the 2nd season, I just lost interest in the show, unfortunately. I'm sure if I go back and watch it again, I won't hate it.
Bernadette H.
Dekalb, IL
This is one of my favorite shows! If you need a good laugh and enjoy quirky humor, this is the show for you. It's a group of friends that are tight knit. The characters are distinct and not boring. Zooey Deschanel is wonderful as always, this show really shows how far her talents can really go.
Blanca C.
Pop Culture Expert
Do you guys like the nick and jess romance that seems to be starting up?
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Would you recommend this show to your friends?
Elizabeth M.
Logan, OH
Don't you just love Zooey Dechanel??
Andrea L.
Oneida, TN
Of the four roommates (Jess, Nick, Schmidt, Winston) who is your favorite?
Quyen N.
Who else is a fan of Cece and Schmidt? They are one good looking couple!