BY CLARINS

NEW! Clarins Hydra-Essentiel
Bi-phase Serum

Clarins’ lightweight, bi-phase serum boosts skin's natural hydration leaving it soft, plump, radiant and intensely hydrated— perfectly prepped to accept the full benefits of your Hydra-Essentiel moisturizer. Helps shield skin from the dehydrating effects of sudden temperature changes, pollutants and environmental stress that can leave skin looking dry and weathered.

Contains Organic Leaf of Life—a super-quenching succulent plant extract that revitalizes the skin's natural hydration to retain moisture in any environment.

• Organic Leaf of Life helps power the skin’s natural hydration.
  • Organic Mary's Thistle Oil helps shield skin from the dehydrating effects of sudden temperature changes and environmental stress that can leave skin looking dry and weathered.
  • Helps address: Dryness, pores, dullness

• Este producto me encantó pero en que tiendas puedo consequirlo?1 Answers
  • How is the Hydra-essential bi phase serum different from the hydr...1 Answers
  • I have dry sensitive skin and roseaca. This being said does anyon...2 Answers
Lauline G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am a HUGE fan of serums. I don't know what I would do without a serum. This one is one of my new favorites because I can use it both in the morning and at night whereas a lot of the serums I use are either for morning or for nighttime. This serum certainly has revitalized my skin in ways I couldn't imagine. I have had a lot of dryness on my nose this Winter, but that is now gone after a week of using this serum alongside the Clarins Hydra-Essential silky cream. If you have sensitive skin like I sometimes do, this is super gentle and soft. I recommend you warm the product in your hand before gently pressing it into your skin. Also if you're looking for a refreshing feeling, put this product and the silky cream in the fridge, it will wake your skin up! Disclosure: I received this product as part of the Influenster #VoxBox, however, all of my opinions expressed are my own.

Update: I've noticed after the two/three weeks I've tested this product out that when I don't use it every day or every other day, my skin craves it. It's extremely dry and my nose is super flakey. This serum really does soak in all my moisture, but this serum works best with the hydra-essentiel cream (or any other moisturizer). It's like a booster for your moisturizer to lock everything in. I feel like this serum isn't as fragrant as the cream, which I actually like the cream's scent because its super fresh.

I thought the texture of this serum because its so light, it feels like water almost, wouldn't work but it does. I am planning on buying a full size because my nose needs it especially with this awful winter weather. If you're looking for a product to really hydrate your dry spots on your face, this is this trick.
Michelle F.
Key West, FL
I received this product to review from Influenster, but all opinions are my own.

When I received this serum, I was skeptical that it would make much of a difference. I have tried so many products and always seem to be let down. Well was I in for a surprise. This serum is incredible! I have suffered most of my life with dry patchy skin. While some products have helped some and taken away some of the dryness for a time, I was still always left with red patches that had a different texture then the rest of my skin. Changes in temperatures, humidity and other environmental factors effects my skin. After a week of using this, my red patches for the first time in more years then I can count are barely noticeable (still slightly pink, but no more angry red) and I have had no flaking!

This serum just melts into your skin(unlike so many I have tried that seem to just sit on your skin, and some were even more then twice this price).The minute I put it on I can feel the moisture going into my skin. It is almost a cooling sensation when applied for me. Been using the hydra quench moisturizer after and it just seems to look in the moisture. Not only has this helped with my dryness, I've noticed a difference some of my fine lines since this has plumped my skin from adding the moisture back I was missing. My skin has a natural glow to it now.

I have already ordered the full size bottle. I can't imagine not having this now. This is my holy grail serum now. Can't wait to see how much better my skin can get if it's already made this big of a difference in only a week. Thank You Clarins for such an amazing product. Looking forward to trying more items from this line.
Stacie N.
Ainsworth , NE
Beauty Junkie Expert
The Clarins Hydra Essential Serum I received as a sample @voxbox @influenster @clarins and unfortunately the 1st thing the sample was hard to use. Because you had to open it try to set it down without spilling it then use the dropper to apply to hands or face to be able to smooth in. On the 1st try I spilled a good 1 days use and the sample won't get me thru 5 days for the serum and the creme isn't going to last 3. This is the 1st time I gave received samples and not an actual product or larger sample. The creme itself. ..being that it is winter has a nice texture no overwhelming scent non greasy and smoothes on easily enough. It may be my skin lacked the oil so it soaked the serum right up. I have also recently tried another expensive counter named product and was hoping this would be a more budget friendly serum and I don't feel it's enough of a product to get me to purchase. I'm not sure if I didn't get to sample it enough days but I am on day 3 & notice no difference in results
Alyssa S.
El Paso , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I ABSOLUTELY love this serum! It instantly brightened my dull skin and made my skin feel so rejuvenated! I use this serum on a fresh clean face in the morning. I squeeze and fill the dropper and dispense the serum on the main points of my face such as: forehead, cheeks, chin and nose and gently rub into my skin. This serum is very thin, so a little bit goes a long way! I did however notice a light scent when using this product but I never paid attention to what exact kind of smell it was because scents don't bother me though scents do bother some people. I used all of my serum sample which was gone in about two weeks and I was sad when it was gone. I highly recommend this product and I will be purchasing this product in a full size bottle because I love how moisturized it left my skin and also how it neutralized my complexion! I received a sample of this product free via Influenster and now I am going to be a customer of this serum!
Renee G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received a sample of this product from Influenster in exchange for an honest review, and I was totally hyped to try it. I usually love oils and serums because my skin is perpetually bone dry. I'm also somewhat sensitive.

This serum is bi-phase, which means it's separated in the bottle; you have to give it a gentle shake or stir to blend the ingredients. It's tinted blue in the bottle, but it applies clear. Unfortunately, like the other Hydra-Essentiel products I've tried, it has a strong smell. The fragrance is a watery floral and it's noticeable for a short while after you apply the product.

The serum has a very thin, watery texture. When you rub it in, it's super-smooth and glides across the skin. It reminds me of a lot of silicone-heavy makeup.

While that sounds nice, I had a terrible time with this product. The first time I used it, my skin started to burn after a few minutes. I thought maybe my skin was just extra-sensitive that day, so I took a break and tried it again later that week. I had the same result: it always stung my face for a few minutes. Unfortunately, it also didn't hydrate my skin; in fact, it seemed to try me out a little more.
Shelby H.
Orlando, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this as a free trial in a Vox Box. You only need a small amount of the product for your entire face and neck and it smells absolutely amazing. I instantly felt a difference in my skin and after a day of work my skin still felt great. My one issue with the sample was the awkward packaging that it came in. It made it challenging to get the serum in your hand without dropping the container. Everything else about it was great though!

UPDATE: I'm still using this product every night in my skin care routine and I've been using it for a couple of weeks now. I still absolutely love it and I'm extremely impressed that a sample has lasted me for as long as it has.

Make sure that you shake up the bottle before pouring any into your hand, just so everything has a chance to mix in together well.

I'm still a huge fan of the smell and the texture of this! It leaves me skin feeling soft and clean.
memory l.
Minneapolis, MN
Beauty Junkie Expert
Hopefully the serum binds the moisture to the skin because by itself, it doesn't feel that great.. what I will say is that I have used the two together only and it does exactly what it says. After night usage I woke up and my skin wasn't ashy, and didn't feel tight like it usually does in the morning.
This is the update to my initial review: my serum lasted me about two weeks using it morning and night before makeup and before I get ready to go to bed. I would have to say that I love the serum more than the cream because moisturizer I have already and feel like the serum is what ultimate had made my other products work better! I have noticed a better overall texture change, my dry cheeks are not as dry, and I would recommend this product for people who don't have a list of skin sensitivities because it does have a fragrance to it which is not something i like, but it doesn't negate how well the product worked. I did also notice that the product did separate in the bottle.
Nickie B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Received a sample size for testing purposes from influenster the review is based on my 1 week trial of the product.

First and foremost I am a firm believer in non comeogenic items as they do not clog your pores and helps you to maintain clean and in time clear skin. This product is not marketed ad non comeogenic and it doesnt even mention on the label if its dermatologist tested I'm not sure if that's due to the sample package or not. So it's failed test 1.

I then checked the item for texture and smell, it's definitely non oily formula and it is absorbed in the skin very quickly when applied kind of like water. The smell is sweet but the scent is gone by the time you apply to your face and is very faint to non existant. So it's passed test 2. I found that the smell reminds me of wine. The product was enough to apply twice a day to my face and neck however my skin felt like there was a film on it from the product I used my toner and that got rid of the weird feeling my skin had.
Betsy F.
Tampa, FL
I received a free sample of this product from Influenster to give an honest and unbiased review, and I honestly did not have very high expectations because I thought Clarins was for older mature women. To my dismay, with this serums and the matching moisturizer, I've never achieved such amazing skin before, I never even thought such a soft comfortable balance was possible for someone with combo/oily skin! This serum is like magic clean crisp water, it absorbs instantly. After washing my face, I apply two drops of this, then my vit c & UFO, then the matching cream moisturizer, and then my spf. It's like this serum creates a portal for my skincare to truly get into my skin and not sit on top. I cannot praise these products enough and the one bad part? You'll be HOOKED and jonesing when you run out, because nothing compares.
Tina Marie C.
Egg Hbr Twp, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
When I received the Hydra-Essentiel Serum​ to sample, I wasn't excited because I wouldn't consider my skin dry. In fact, I was really concerned it would break out my pesky skin- but I said I'd try it out, so I did. First of all, I know a lot of people who've received a free trial have criticized the bottle. In truth, it did add a certain challenge, but I don't think it's fair to judge the product on it bc if purchased, one wouldn't encounter this issue. This is a liquid that separates, so you have to shake to combine (kinda like a vinegarette-style salad dressing). It wasn't oily and didn't feel heavy on my skin (whew). I almost wonder if it'd be hydrating enough on someone with really parched skin. I'd consider purchasing this, but the added fragrance is pretty strong and doesn't dissipate. Since this voyage with a Clarins product not really designed with my skin in mind went so well, I've ordered some more other items on my own to try out.
Stacie N.
Ainsworth , NE
does this serum help adjust your combination skin to be less oily and dry?
Toni J.
I'm debating on buying this but it's a little pricey is there another serum like this that is a little cheaper I can try? If not I will end up investing in this
Genie C.
Winter Garden, FL
I have dry sensitive skin and roseaca. This being said does anyone with the above concerns have an experience they can share? I'd love to try it but not at the expense of my face.
Betsy F.
Tampa, FL
How is the Hydra-essential bi phase serum different from the hydra-quench bi phase serum? Even the colors and names are similar.
Geisel M.
Este producto me encantó pero en que tiendas puedo consequirlo?