BY NEWCASTLE #58 in Beer

New Castle Brown Ale
  • "I used to love Newcastle Brown Ale, I've been a vegetarian (sans fish) for a few years and found out that Newcastle (like many dark beers) contain fish products." in 10 reviews
  • "One of my favorite beers, doesn't have the bitter taste that some dark beer has, really smooth" in 10 reviews
  • "This is a great beer to have for a party your going to because it tends to beer drinkers and a lot of my friends that don't drink beer like this one too.Its not to hoppy like other beers but still has a decent taste. " in 8 reviews
  • "I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I love darker beers and this one is one of my top 3 to drink...especially during summer time or pretty much any occasion." in 7 reviews
  • "This is a great beer I do not drink beer and yet I love this beer, Great flavor. " in 6 reviews
Amy S.
Saint Paul, MN
Last spring we did a blind beer tasting contest with about 30 friends. It was a bracket contest and the "contestants" were to try two beers at a time and pick the better. Then we just kept eliminating and narrowing it down. New Castle was the winner! Definitely an excellent beer.
Molly T.
Seattle, WA
Good training wheels into darker beer. Definitely not to heavy, but you don't feel like you're drinking an IPA (probably because you're not, what with it being a brown ale). I'd suggest giving it a shot!
Rosie V.
Los Angeles, CA
Lots of taste in this beer. If you enjoy a good cold ale with some flavor then you should definitely have one! Try it once and you will remember you will want to try it again.
Zach J.
Garner, NC
New Castle is a good brown ale but it just does not live up to the hype that some make it out to be. With the growth of micro brews and so many selections now it's hard to ask for this beer at a bar.
ashley m.
Independence, KY
This beer has great flavor and is light. I would definitely recommend it to someone who wanted to try sonething a little different rather than the typical bud or miller light
Michael C.
Las Vegas, NV
I don't drink this very often, but it is one of my go to beers to have at a party because I know a lot of people that enjoy it. It has a smooth taste and is pretty filling. Not bad for a brown ale.
Hilda N.
Covina, Ca
This is truly a good beer with a unique flavor (good flavor) I love this beer and it's not to thick like some other beers its just right. It goes down smoothly..i think.
Brittany P.
I don't drink beer but my husband does and this is one of the few I can stand the smell of. I LOVE when he drinks Newcastle and not only that, it is REALLY great in beer battered chicken!
Christopher T.
Monterey Park, CA
One of the first beers i ever started drinking. Still a good go to beer when I don't know what to get and want some quality. Smooth, non overpowering taste. Good to bring to social gatherings.
Johanna K.
Dover, NH
I am not a huge fan of this beer just to drink. I prefer brown beer to be nuttier in flavor and heavier on the palate. However, this beer is great for making beer bread with! Brown are the best and heavier browns keep the bread from rising as well. Give it a try!
Roni B.
Columbus , OH
Do girls like this beer?
Devin B.
Jacksonville, FL
What does this taste like?
Rhiannon V.
What is the alcohol percentage of Newcastle Brown Ale?