BY NEWCASTLE

New Castle Brown Ale
  • "I used to love Newcastle Brown Ale, I've been a vegetarian (sans fish) for a few years and found out that Newcastle (like many dark beers) contain fish products." in 10 reviews
  • "One of my favorite beers, doesn't have the bitter taste that some dark beer has, really smooth" in 10 reviews
  • "This is a great beer to have for a party your going to because it tends to beer drinkers and a lot of my friends that don't drink beer like this one too.Its not to hoppy like other beers but still has a decent taste. " in 8 reviews
  • "I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I love darker beers and this one is one of my top 3 to drink...especially during summer time or pretty much any occasion." in 7 reviews
  • "This is a great beer I do not drink beer and yet I love this beer, Great flavor. " in 6 reviews
Jane D.
Pompano Beach, FL
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Annette L.
Dallas, TX
I had this at the flying saucer in my American Flight. I just wasn't impressed. The flavors weren't great. I would prefer a Francolino Lager or a Shiner Bock over this. It just didn't give me the flavor the aroma offered.
Cecilia S.
San Fernando, CA
I wasn't a fan of brown ale until I tried New Castle. It's strong, but not too bitter. It is definitely best cold. I don't like drinking warm ale. It is an acquired taste, but you should give it a try, you might like it.
Natasha D.
Olympia, WA
There are so many good things to say about this beer. It's fairly inexpensive, you can find it almost anywhere, and it tastes great! One of my favorite BBQ beers!
Samantha D.
This is my favorite beer to kick back and relax with at the end of a long Thursday. Although it's an ale, it has less hops and more malt flavors for something less bitter and easier to drink. I usually drink this at my local pub, so when I picked up a 6-pack at the grocery I was underwhelmed by the bottled stuff. I'll have to try the pony keg next.
Nicole G.
Indianapolis, IN
For those stepping outside of their tiny alcohol box, I highly recommend this. It's not near as bitter as some brown or darker ales, it actually is a tad bit sweet. Let this replace the normal coors routine ;)
Rebecca O.
Clermont, FL
A great, not-overpriced brown ale that goes with nearly everything. A fantastic "transition" beer for people looking to broaden their taste horizons and step away from Miller Light and move on to bolder beers. Next step, craft beers and stouts. :)
Griselda G.
San Diego, CA
This is a beer that I like to drink whenever I feel like drinking a good beer.

It's not some watered-down beer and it's not a scary beer, so beer connoisseurs and new beer drinkers can both enjoy.
Lou C.
Bellmore, NY
I could not stop drinking this beer for the first year of being 21. I still enjoy the dark beer. Very tasty and it brings many good memories to me. Most bars and restarurants do carry this so definitely order one next time you're out!
Cassandra M.
Springfield, MO
Favorite go to beer. Very smooth and not bitter. Lovely dark ale that meshes well with a wide variety of food. One of the first dark beers I tried when I started drinking. I hate IPA and piss beer so this is my all time favorite!
Roni B.
Columbus , OH
Do girls like this beer?
Devin B.
Jacksonville, FL
What does this taste like?
Rhiannon V.
What is the alcohol percentage of Newcastle Brown Ale?