BY NEWCASTLE

New Castle Brown Ale
  • "I used to love Newcastle Brown Ale, I've been a vegetarian (sans fish) for a few years and found out that Newcastle (like many dark beers) contain fish products." in 10 reviews
  • "One of my favorite beers, doesn't have the bitter taste that some dark beer has, really smooth" in 10 reviews
  • "This is a great beer to have for a party your going to because it tends to beer drinkers and a lot of my friends that don't drink beer like this one too.Its not to hoppy like other beers but still has a decent taste. " in 8 reviews
  • "I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I love darker beers and this one is one of my top 3 to drink...especially during summer time or pretty much any occasion." in 7 reviews
  • "This is a great beer I do not drink beer and yet I love this beer, Great flavor. " in 6 reviews
Brandi H.
I love newcastle and have been a fan of it for years now. it has a great full body flavor but is not overpowering or too thick like some other darker beers can be. it's a stronger beer that i feel can be enjoyed be all beer drinkers, even the ones that only like lighter beers
Kristen L.
Elk Grove
This brown ale is a good starter if you're just trying to get use to darker beers. I say this because I assume everyone starts with light and lagers. Newcastle is delicious, light, not thick, and tasty! I'm a big fan of their blonde ale and the werewolf is my absolute favorite!
Maria S.
Bloomington, IN
Brown ales are my favorite and this one is a good one. Not too expensive and you can find it almost anywhere which is great because bars tend to be lacking in the amount of brown ales available!
Bree T.
Slidell , LA
Definitely an acquired taste.. I have friends that love it but I think the smell alone might be why I can't seem to like it. I think it smells like burnt toast... go smell it!! idk. I just can't seem to agree with it..
Rachel E.
Albany, OR
Several years ago, I was in love with this beer. As time has passed, my tastes have evolved and I prefer a darker beer. This beer now seems to be a bit on the flat side and there is nothing worse than flat beer! However, if you want something with more of a kick than Coors Light, this might do just the trick.
Blanca C.
State College, PA
I didn't used to like beer, but then I met a Venezolana that introduced me to the wonders of beer. Then in a class I learned all about it's production and consumed quite a few different beers. (~ 10-14/ class session) New Castle is smooth and it helps to clear the palate when paired with lots of flavor.
Jessica S.
Mocksville, NC
My husband forgot how good New Castle tasted.

A bit of a heavier beer 🍻 so don't plan to drink too many in one night.

Great taste, more than your Coors or Buds, but better quality.

If you haven't tried them, give them a try!
Tawny B.
Next to Guinness, this is my second favorite beer. This brown ale has the perfect bitter taste that goes along with many types of food. I usually pair this with a great burger or pizza.

I expect to be drinking it this this weekend.

Cheers!
Liz M.
Boiling Springs, SC
If you are looking for a smooth and tasty ale, Newcastle Brown Ale is right up your alley. I was hooked from the first time I had it. Loved the smooth and buttery taste, and was so easy to drink. And tastes even better on tap. Even if you don't like beer, give this a try!!
Tommie S.
I LOVE this beer! This is my favorite go to on a Friday night when I just want to kick up my heels and relax with some friends. If you have never tried it, I highly recommend it. Many light beer drinkers may shy away because of the color but try one, drink it all the way and you will be reaching for another.
Roni B.
Columbus , OH
Do girls like this beer?
Devin B.
Jacksonville, FL
What does this taste like?
Rhiannon V.
What is the alcohol percentage of Newcastle Brown Ale?