BY NEWCASTLE

New Castle Brown Ale
  • "I used to love Newcastle Brown Ale, I've been a vegetarian (sans fish) for a few years and found out that Newcastle (like many dark beers) contain fish products." in 10 reviews
  • "One of my favorite beers, doesn't have the bitter taste that some dark beer has, really smooth" in 10 reviews
  • "This is a great beer to have for a party your going to because it tends to beer drinkers and a lot of my friends that don't drink beer like this one too.Its not to hoppy like other beers but still has a decent taste. " in 8 reviews
  • "I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I love darker beers and this one is one of my top 3 to drink...especially during summer time or pretty much any occasion." in 7 reviews
  • "This is a great beer I do not drink beer and yet I love this beer, Great flavor. " in 6 reviews
Rachel R.
Tecumseh, OK
Classic English beer! Newcastle brown is great for those who want to expand their palate to darker beers but don't want to dive into a stout or porter just yet. Expect a smooth, deep flavor with a hint of spiciness and a lighter feel than traditionally darker beers.
J L.
Townsend, MA
I'm not a huge beer drinker but I love it in the summertime with a good grill burger. So refreshing. I've been drinking New Castle since my twenties (a LONG time ago, lol). It is smooth and moderate bodied. Flavors lean towards malt and caramel, def not overly hopped. I also really love cooking with it. Try it in your chili or poured over a chicken or a roast.
Valerie S.
Pataskala, OH
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
Not the healthiest beer, but has been my go-to for many years. not thick like guiness (which i also love) but not a watery cheap beer either. perfect brown ale, great with fish and chips, a cheeseburger or all on its own
Aling Z.
Valley Vlg, CA
This was my first beer-romance. It still is. It has body without being overpowering, depth without being too heavy, and flavor like non other. If i see this on tap at a bar, I'm one happy camper the entire night. Although I have expanded my choices, this is still one that I come back to time and time again.
Heather F.
Bridge City, TX
My one, my only true love. Newcastle Brown Ale is a crisp, refreshing, ale with a creamy thick head, a full nutty flavor, and low hop aroma. This is the beer my best friends and I share on fun weekends, throwing darts, playing pool, and singing songs into the wee hours of the night. I love this beer.
Lindsey B.
Oakland, MI
I used to love Newcastle Brown Ale, I've been a vegetarian (sans fish) for a few years and found out that Newcastle (like many dark beers) contain fish products. They treat the beers with isinglass finings (a solution of collagen prepared from certain fish). Disappointing for me , personally.
Jill M.
Waipahu, HI
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
New Castle is a great tasting beer - very smooth and great flavor. It is one of my favorite beers to drink when going out to bars. It is very easy to drink, unlike some other dark beers out there. I would definitely recommend this beer to others and it's a popular choice at social gatherings.
Antane A.
Bloomington, IN
I like newcastle. It is a smooth,dark beer that doesn't lay too heavy on teh tongue or in the tummy. I don't't drink beer all the time. when I am deciding to take some to a party or over to a friends, or what to have as an after work beer, Newcastle is nice.I feel like it was a nice step up from drinking PBR's on a porch in our twenties.
Evelyn R.
La Mirada, CA
This is the best beer ever!! The taste is amazing. On a hot day this is my go-to beer. I sometimes pace myself when drinking this beer and I love that this beer taste good super cold or even warm. Best believe that anywhere I go the first thing I look for is if they have New Castle.
Ekaterini W.
Pasadena , CA
This is a solid beer choice, this is one of the first beers I actually enjoyed drinking. The flavor it great and it's very refreshing as well. I appreciate the packaging, and I will definitely be buying again.
Roni B.
Columbus , OH
Do girls like this beer?
Devin B.
Jacksonville, FL
What does this taste like?
Rhiannon V.
What is the alcohol percentage of Newcastle Brown Ale?