BY NEWCASTLE #58 in Beer

New Castle Brown Ale
  • "I used to love Newcastle Brown Ale, I've been a vegetarian (sans fish) for a few years and found out that Newcastle (like many dark beers) contain fish products." in 10 reviews
  • "One of my favorite beers, doesn't have the bitter taste that some dark beer has, really smooth" in 10 reviews
  • "This is a great beer to have for a party your going to because it tends to beer drinkers and a lot of my friends that don't drink beer like this one too.Its not to hoppy like other beers but still has a decent taste. " in 8 reviews
  • "I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I love darker beers and this one is one of my top 3 to drink...especially during summer time or pretty much any occasion." in 7 reviews
  • "This is a great beer I do not drink beer and yet I love this beer, Great flavor. " in 6 reviews
Stephany M.
This was the beer my university sold in it's on campus bar, and I know people that love this, but I just can't find what there is to love about it. It tastes like watered down beer to me, and it's not good.
Andrea P.
Fort Wayne, IN
I am not usually a fan of darker beer, but I discovered Newcastle several years ago and I love it! it is best served very cold. it has a great flavor without being too heavy.
Lindsay B.
San Francisco, CA
This is my "safe" beer order - if a bar doesn't have a decent beer list, Newcastle usually is one of the better beers (listed next to Coors Light and friends). Love the taste - but it isn't too adventurous.
Briana M.
Brooklyn, NY
Ah, Newcastle. It's fueled many of my evenings, evening spent writing songs, catching up with old friends, or relaxing on my own. I love the subtle maltiness- it's an easy drink with actual FLAVOR!
Greg S.
Springfield, OH
Tried this out of the blue in college. Was surprised and it is my goto beer when I feel like something completely different. Not too bitter which is nice and adds great flavor.
Nikol T.
Cincinnati, OH
New Castle was one of the first imported beers I ever drank and is still a favorite. It's easy to drink and widely available...hmmm...I could go for one right now!
Lauren L.
Escondido, CA
I love New Castle! It has the drinkability of a light beer with the flavor and depth of a dark beer. So good! If you want to try something new try New Castle!
Ashley C.
Emeryville, CA
I always forget how good this beer is. Then some one accidentally orders one for me or it is the only thing in the cooler.... and I remember.... this is good!
Adrienne A.
Hercules, CA
This would be the beer that I would introduce to someone if they want to start trying out beer. It isn't bitter like other beer tend to be and it's smooth.
Sara W.
Easton, PA
Robust, yet smooth! Full bodied and tasty. The mini keg is a great value! I love this stuff! However, it seems more like a winter beer then a summer beer.
Roni B.
Columbus , OH
Do girls like this beer?
Devin B.
Jacksonville, FL
What does this taste like?
Rhiannon V.
What is the alcohol percentage of Newcastle Brown Ale?