BY NEW BELGIUM #38 in Beer

New Belgium® Amber Ale Fat Tire®.
Employee owned.
Fat tire amber ale perfectly balances biscuit-like malt flavors with hoppy freshness. Named in honor of a storied bike ride through Europe, Fat Tire cruises with Belgian imagination and inspiration.
12 twelve ounce bottles. see more...

• I never thought about it that way. I'll never drink anoth...1 Answers
  • The name of this cracks me up. Is this so good that you ...6 Answers
  • I haven't tried this product is it good??5 Answers
Lina V.
Ocala, FL
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
This beer is especially good when it's fresh out of the tap but nonetheless it's delicious on a hot day or just to enjoy with a meal. It's full bodied, smooth and definitely a good beer. My husband and I love pairing this with our favorite pizza for the perfect movie night.
Sunny V.
Phoenix
Review for: 6 Bottle more...
Fat Tire has earned its place as a classic. This easy to drink amber ale is malty with notes of caramel, having a sort of bittersweet flavor. Medium body and carbonation. This was one of the first beers I liked when I was a new beer drinker, and I’d still buy it today.
Hannah H.
Portland
I love Fat Tire, this is what we serve at every family reunion because it is so palatable.  As far as microbrews go this one has the best bang for your buck. No matter the flavor preferences guests are always happy to choose fat tire. An excellent american beer!
Maggie P.
Mobile, AL
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
I think this beer is great for an amber ale, I just don’t really drink amber ales all that much. When it first came out I couldn’t get enough of it. It’s another one of those old trusty beers. I think this beer really was a big proponent in the craft beer industry.
Kylie F.
Cookeville, TN
This beer has a very special place in my heart, it was my grandpa's favorite before he passed away so I get it twice a year to celebrate him. Great flavor, best ice cold. Fat tire has a customer for life, I pick this beer over others often. Very easy to drink!
Ashley J.
Fort Benning, GA
I love all things that New Belgium and Fat Tire is my favorite and go to beer. I have been drinking this beer over 5 years and I am still not sick of it. It is a great Amber ale with a full flavor and goes down easy. The price also does not hurt the wallet.
Natalie Z.
Consistent taste when I want an amber ale. I generally prefer IPAs, but when I am looking to change it up with less hops, Fat Tire never disappoints. I truly became a fan after attending a New Belgium/Ben & Jerry's ice cream and beer pairing a few years ago! Great company and interesting products.
Shana S.
Elkhorn city , KY
This is one of my favorite beers! It has a very nice flavor but isn't toooo strong. It is definitely my favorite amber ale, and I usually order it if I'm at a restaurant and they have it on tap. I would definitely recommend this if you like beer, give it a try!
Alison W.
Arvada, CO
The new recipe is not great. I want something that actually tastes like an amber, and this "belgian-style" marketing kick they're on is strange and feels inauthentic to the brand. As they grow, I'll continue to steer clear of New Belgium, which is unfortunate.
Rachel H.
Lawrenceville, GA
Fat Tire is a great beer. I was met by very clean and crisp flavors as well as a very smooth and refreshing taste to it. There is a mild bread, almost biscuity taste. Overall just very clean. At the backend, I detected a very light hop profile to add just a little something to the taste. I LOVE this beer. It is easy to drink more than one.
Sara H.
Oak Harbor, WA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
The name of this cracks me up. Is this so good that you keep going back for more? (Resulting in a beer belly or "fat tire"?)
Emma L.
I haven't tried this product is it good??
karina justin r.
maracaibo edo zulia venezuela
I never thought about it that way. I'll never drink another without feeling like I'm indulging. :)
Veronica S.