Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch SunscreenInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2015

BY NEUTROGENA #2 in Sunscreen

Protect your skin from the harmful elements with the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen Lotion. This product keeps skin healthy with its advanced broad spectrum UVA/UVE protection, and it combines with dry touch technology to provide an ultra-light and non-shiny finish. This SPF 30 sunscreen is enriched with antioxidants to keep your skin smooth and soft.

• I want to try this out but I am worried that it will break out my...9 Answers
  • Does this product protect your skin from getting freckles? 6 Answers
  • Is this greasy and hard to wash off after? I hate greasy lotion s...44 Answers
Amber Y.
Amber Y.
Olive Branch
I'm very, very pale. I'm basically translucent and don't have a color to my skin. I burn just by sitting by a window. I also burn under strong lights in a house or building. This sunscreen works though! I had a major milestone a few weeks ago when I went to the river and didn't burn! No burn at all, not even pink. I applied this sunscreen before leaving the house, once again in the truck (just to be sure), and once I got there. All together I had it on about an hour before being outside. I swam for about an hour and dried off and reapplied it. I then went back in the water for another hour. I reapplied when I got out and sat in the direct sun for 2 more hours. No burn!!!! I've spent time in the hospital for burns and spent weeks healing and peeling and of course crying in pain, so I sprayed myself very often with this sunscreen since id never used it before. It's great! Not sticky, not greasy, does have a scent, but it's very light and smells like after taking a shower. It's kind of expensive compared to other sunscreens (about $10), and I used quite a bit of it in one day, but it really is worth it. Oh! And it didn't break my face out. Most other sunscreens make my face break out in tiny, painful, red bumps that usually last up to 2 days, but my face was just fine after using it. It's good stuff. I'd recommend this sunscreen to everyone!
Kiersten S.
Kiersten S.
Stilwell, KS
Let's just say, that sunscreen is essential to my survival, and this is my go-to brand. Now, I am the type of person who gets a nasty sunburn after spending half an hour outside, and after going through bottle after bottle of sunscreen, I have finally found that this product is the one that works best for my skin. This sunscreen not only protects my porcelin skin from the sun, but also does not cause an allergic reaction-which has been the case with at least half of the skin products I've tried. When going on the annual trip to Florida with my melanin-rich family, this sunscreen stays on through sand and surf, and does not leave a greasy residue like all the others I've tried. As a bonus, it does not need to be re-applied as often as other sunscreens. However, even though it stays on nicely, it is crucial that I continue to reapply, as I have received a nasty second degree burn from spending too much time outside without reapplying. I have also found it useful to lather and rub it in about half an hour before sun exposure. All in all, the best, budget-friendly sunscreen for fair, sensitive skin.

•Pros•
-Long-lasting (doesn't wash off as easily)
-No oily residue or stickiness
-No allergic reaction
-Protects skin very well
-Great value for price

•Cons•
-Leaves white residue
-Needs to be reapplied (depending on skin tone and sensitivity)
Danielle S.
Danielle S.
Woodbine, NJ
I'm a big fan of this sunscreen. I love that the packaging is small enough that I can keep it with me all the time so I am protected when I wasn't expecting to be out in the sun. I also love that it has such a high SPF. My doctor told me to wear at least 50, and now that I'm a responsible adult and I realize being tan is not healthy, I'm happy with that much coverage! The best part is the Dry-Touch Feature. It's awesome to apply after facial moisturizer and underneath powder make-up. It has mattifying properties which is great for sweaty days in the sun (I work outside a lot so big plus for me!). My only complaint is that it leaves a powdery residue on your hands after application. I would imagine it also isn't good under liquid make-up. The powder sits on your skin a bit and, if agitated, can roll into balls. A little bit does not go a long way with this stuff. It's best to keep for small applications to face, neck and, arms. If you need it for your whole body you're likely to run out quickly. But I love it aside from that!
This is a great budget sunscreen for the body and face, but I primarily use this as the sun protection I layer underneath my makeup. It doesn't pill or move around when you add a primer (although i recommend against silicone primers since to begin with they don't really play nice if you apply it to skin that isn't bare) or if you just add foundation right on top. However, I do suggest that after massaging it on that you give it a good pat down. I haven't burned when I wore it alone or under my foundation and it holds up throughout the day really well.

It doesn't have any of that stickiness and it definitely feels less heavy than most sunscreens. Like I said, it's a good budget sunscreen for under makeup, but there are definitely better ones out there. Although it says dry touch, you have to give it a bit of a dry down period or a good patting down. Afterwards, it truly is dry to the touch. It also has a slight white cast that makes your skin look like it brightened up a bit which can be a desired affect for some people.
Barbi P.
Barbi P.
Centennial, CO
This is it. I have never fund a sunscreen I felt so passionate about. It goes on your skin a little thick so a little goes a long way. It rubs right in and stays where it is at for hours without feeling like you are wearing anything. If you are looking for something for summer activities this is a must. I have used mine surfing, hiking, swimming, paddle boarding, biking, playing tennis and everything in between and have never been more impressed. Your hands are slimy or sticky and that is a huge deal with surfing. It also protects like no other. I spent a week in Hawaii with little time inside and I didn't even go home with a tan! I just used it yesterday from 4:30am-6pm in the Colorado sun while I worked an outdoor event. Plenty of sweating and I'm still as white as a ghost and I only re applied once.

The photo attached is after a full weekend in the mile high sun wearing a short sleve shirt. you can see I don't even have a tan line.
Yolanda E.
Yolanda E.
Goodyear, AZ
I use this sunscreen religiously all day, everyday! I live in Phoenix, Arizona and with our year-round sunshine, you really need to find the best sunscreen and stick with it! My dermatologist recommended Neutrogena a few years ago to prevent more hyper-pigmentation spots I had on my face. I'm in my late 50's and the sun and hormonal changes make it a challenge to keep my skin tone even. It helped a lot and I really liked it then. But now, I really LOVE the Dry-Touch SPF 55 sunscreen and it came with the new Ultra Sheer face & Body Stick SPF 70 in the package. What a bonus! I didn't realize how much I needed that! It is so easy to use because it comes in a "anti-perspirant looking" stick applicator and I can conveniently keep it in my purse for re-applying on my nose and cheeks every couple of hours (as prescribed by my doctor). The "Dry Touch" feels so much better on my skin and without ruining my make -up!
Tammy W.
Tammy W.
Cocoa, Fl
I absolutely love and trust this product. I always make sure to pack my Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen SPF 100 when I go to the beach. I have been using the sunscreen for quite sometime. I generally use on my face, because of the high SPF 100 protection. But I also use this on the common burn areas, my chest, shoulders and neck. I don't have to worry about a bad burn when I'm using this. I make sure to reapply after being in water. I am borderline for skin cancer, as I grew up in FL. Since I had that diagnosis I make sure that I am prepared. I also educate others about this product. It usually is more expensive but you get what you pay for and it is well worth it. This is amazing stuff. The helicopter formula is moisturizing and leaves your skin nicely and soft. I also apply this sunscreen daily to my face as part of my morning regimen for protection. Try it, this product won't let you down.
Teigh L.
Teigh L.
I "discovered" this sunscreen about 10 years ago when my mom suggested it to me. I was lucky enough to find it at Costco in bulk at a great price, and I have to say it's the best sunscreen I've ever used.

Don't be mislead by "Ultra Sheer" to mean that it won't protect you from the sun at all...it does. And, when it says "Dry-Touch", it really is! It doesn't feel greasy and thick after putting it on and letting it settle into the skin. It's so light that I occasionally have to still wonder if I've put enough!

I haven't had any skin issues with use of this sunscreen. If you have sensitive skin or have read about others having problems, then as with any product I recommend doing a small skin patch test before slathering it all over.

The only down side of this, is the cost! Here in Hawaii it's retails for like $10-$12 per tube!!!

Other than that, I think this is a fabulous sunscreen.
Edith M.
Edith M.
Pacoima, CA
This is honestly one of my favorite products. In the past whenever I'd try sunscreen on my face my skin would either get this gross oily look to it or my skin would get irritated but mostly itch pretty badly. This face sunscreen works perfectly for me. I work mostly outdoors and even in this 80 degree weather I have yet to get a sunburn on my face while using this product. It doesn't get oily at all, makes my face incredibly soft and just overall feels great. My sensitive skin doesn't even so much as occasionly itch while wearing this. Plus, I notice it makes my skins complexion a lot better and usually soothes my acne when it's active, almost like drying them out. Plus far as I can tell, your skin doesn't get used to it so that's a plus because let's face it no one wants to have a bad break out because they waited a week before restocking up on a product.
Shanna G.
Shanna G.
Phoenix, AZ
I purchased Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen at Target because the Dry-Touch name sounded like exactly what I was looking for! The packaging even had a matte touch feel to it. I used it a few times while playing Pokemon Go outside, and it didn't take long to figure out this formula doesn't live up to its name. I felt greasy and sticky after letting it absorb.

I did NOT get sunburned, which is impressive for a non-mineral sunblock. My skin is very light and burn-prone, but the Ultra Sheer Dry Touch did a good job at preserving my normal skin tone.

I wouldn't buy it again, only because the formula isn't that impressive and I've found more-expensive (but totally worth the money,) brands that fit my needs better for daily use. If they reformulated to something more like a powdery liquid, I'd be open to trying it again.
Karen A.
Karen A.
DID THESE BREAK YOU ALL OUT.. I HEARD ON YOU TUBE IT BREAKS YOU OUT EASILY
Jasmin S.
Jasmin S.
Las Vegas, NV
I really want to try this, is it sticky or harsh on sensitive skin
Candace F.
Candace F.
Union City, MI
Is this greasy and hard to wash off after? I hate greasy lotion sand just sticks to.
angelica t.
angelica t.
yigo guam
I've been wanting to try this product for awhile but I would like to know if this contain any fragrance and is it good for dry skin/acne prone skin?
Jasmine M.
Jasmine M.
Millville, NJ
Where did you buy? How is the pricing ? Thanks for the review !