BY NEUTROGENA

Benefits

Get ready to instantly remove up to 90% of dulling residue caused by shampoos, conditioners and styling products.After using our clarifying shampoo, your hair will feel fully cleansed.

This non-irritating top-rated clarifying shampoo cleans your hair and instantly rinses away residue. You only need to use it once a week before going back to your favorite shampoo. It’s also made for all hair types, even color-treated hair.

HOW TO USE

• Wet hair thoroughly.
  • Massage shampoo into hair, lather and rinse well.
  • Repeat if necessary.​

INGREDIENTS

While Neutrogena® strives to keep ingredient lists on this website as accurate as possible, we cannot guarantee that these lists are complete, reliable, up-to-date, and error-free.Please refer to the ingredients list on the product packaging for the most accurate list of ingredients.

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Fragrance, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol

Neutrogena® The Anti-Residue Shampoo
  • "It got my hair clean of product build up and residue but what I found most prominent was the drying and static effect it had on my hair." in 5 reviews
Mandy C.
West Allis, WI
5 stars.. is not enough for this shampoo. I would honestly give this 100 stars, it saved my hair! I moved to the city a few years ago, and the only downfall.. the water. I get my hair trimmed every other month, I️ get it colored, and treated just as often. I’ve always washed my hair every other day, to every third day. I would wash my hair, style it, and it would look SO greasy, it actually brought me to tears. My hair is LONG so after 40 minutes of drying and styling, and then seeing what I️ thought looked like pure grease.. it was getting real annoying. I called my hair stylist and she said it had to be the water, get an anti residue shampoo. So i researched and found a bunch of brands, but this one stood out because even in my teenage years, Neutrogena was king at fighting skin problems. It’s been 3 years now, of using this shampoo!! It is absolutely magical. It pretty much eliminates every product that’s in your hair while you’re using it, sometimes it takes two washes but I have never been so happy with any product in my life, I even buy it as gifts for friends. I love high end products, and that’s mostly what I own, but I would trade them all in for this shampoo if I had to! Hair saving miracle.
ashlee w.
If you put a lot of product on your hair, color it, basically anything that could cause build up. This is a great shampoo to get all that nasty gunk out and leaves it really squeaky clean. Seriously, your hair squeaks after a wash. I wouldn't recommend rinsing and going about your day because it will leave it really dry.
alecia S.
Oxford, AL
I use this about once a week to rid my hair of residue. Smells clean and makes my hair feel soft and super clean once dry. My complaint is that it’s a little expensive for such a small bottle. I have a lot of hair so I go through a lot of shampoo. I plan to try a different clarifying shampoo when I run out of this one.
Dana C.
Rahway
Condition,  condition, condition after using this product! It clarifies my hair, and now has become a weekly (and I say weekly because otherwise it WILL dry out your hair and possibly strip natural nutrients). It's inexpensive, and will leave your hair feeling much lighter and cleaner than it has in awhile.
Savannah G.
Fayetteville, AR
I will stand by Neutrogena products until the day I die! This product is no different. When I use it I can feel the difference in my hair and you can tell that they stand by their products, and are true to their word! This product is a little pricey so I don't buy it very often however it is an excellent product
Ali P.
Carmel, IN
This stuff is absolutely great. I have been grease training my hair and have started using this once a week to get rid of the dry shampoo, baby powder and grease residue left over from this process! I just bought a new bottle at CVS today for about $8. I have mildly thick hair that’s naturally curly !
V L.
It's ok. Limited ingredients. Not to harsh. But everytime I use it, I get itchy scalp after. And not dry itchy scalp. Oily scalp. When I gently try to scratch my scalp, I should not get "stuff" (head oils/eczema) under my nails. Ew. I also get redness and bumps. I've used this on and off for years. I've tried co-washing or using another shampoo after (as if this was a "pre-poo") I'm not sure exactly what is in this that my skin doesn't like.  I have ultra fine, med. density 2b waves prone to getting oily, dryness, & build up
Brittany R.
Knoxville, TN
This stuff works wonders and has a light, clean smell. It removed all my product buildup that made my hair seem greasy right after showering and has kept it from getting gross! It’s a little pricey but SO worth it, I always keep some in my shower to use weekly to keep my hair fresh and clean!
Lydia C.
This product is good for exactly what it says. It smells great, too!
Using once bi-weekly is probably sufficient.
Seems to hit the reset button on your scalp/hair and make the regular shampoo work better.

Does not dry out my hair or scalp.
I usually make sure to moisturize my ends just to make myself feel better, though.

Purchased at Wal-Mart. Neutrogena® The Anti-Residue Shampoo
Hope I.
Portland, TX
One if my all time favorite shampoos. It doesn't have a scent but it gets all the gunk and residue on your scalp. You can feel the air on your scalp as you dry your hair. It's doesn't weigh down your hair and I would recommend to everyone
Lucy B.
SA
I didn't realise Neutrogena made shampoo! Is this any good for wavy hair?
Lea D.
Marlborough, MA
Does this product have any affect on the body and volume of your hair??
Lacey H.
Westport, TN
Does this help clear up dandruff?
Does this product really work? Do you see or feel a difference?
Bianca B.
Watsonville, CA
Do I still shampoo and conditioner right after I use this or just this product that day?