BY NEUTROGENA

Benefits

Get ready to instantly remove up to 90% of dulling residue caused by shampoos, conditioners and styling products. After using our clarifying shampoo, your hair will feel fully cleansed.

This non-irritating top-rated clarifying shampoo cleans your hair and instantly rinses away residue. You only need to use it once a week before going back to your favorite shampoo. It’s also made for all hair types, even color-treated hair.

HOW TO USE

Wet hair thoroughly.
Massage shampoo into hair, lather and rinse well.
Repeat if necessary.

See what's inside

While Neutrogena® strives to keep ingredient lists on this website as accurate as possible, we cannot guarantee that these lists are complete, reliable, up-to-date, and error-free. Please refer to the ingredients list on the product packaging for the most accurate list of ingredients.

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Fragrance, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol

• Would this be safe to use on colour-treated hair?1 Answers
  • Does it help with oily hair 3 Answers
  • I have never used a clarifying shampoo, but I just bought...4 Answers
Alyssa H.
Reading, PA
This is a great clarifying shampoo! Ive tried others but always go back to this one. First off the price is great and it lasts quite a bit too and its available at walmart and many other stores and even comes in a bigger size now too. I use it every other week and it effectively cleans my hair of all build up and oil. It defidently makes my regular shampoo work better too. My hair feels lighter after using this but not stripped. It doesnt dry my hair out either like some can. I have oily roots but dry ends and doesnt make my ends feel brittle. I always follow with a hair mask after clarifying every other week too to help retain moisture to my hair, i only put conditioner and hair mask on my lengths tho since i have oilier roots. I reccommend anyone try this clarifying shampoo exspecially before other pricier ones.
Mandy C.
West Allis, WI
5 stars.. is not enough for this shampoo. I would honestly give this 100 stars, it saved my hair! I moved to the city a few years ago, and the only downfall.. the water. I get my hair trimmed every other month, I️ get it colored, and treated just as often. I’ve always washed my hair every other day, to every third day. I would wash my hair, style it, and it would look SO greasy, it actually brought me to tears. My hair is LONG so after 40 minutes of drying and styling, and then seeing what I️ thought looked like pure grease.. it was getting real annoying. I called my hair stylist and she said it had to be the water, get an anti residue shampoo. So i researched and found a bunch of brands, but this one stood out because even in my teenage years, Neutrogena was king at fighting skin problems. It’s been 3 years now, of using this shampoo!! It is absolutely magical. It pretty much eliminates every product that’s in your hair while you’re using it, sometimes it takes two washes but I have never been so happy with any product in my life, I even buy it as gifts for friends. I love high end products, and that’s mostly what I own, but I would trade them all in for this shampoo if I had to! Hair saving miracle.
Kay S.
Wow. This product is just what I have needed. Simple and cheap. This removes all build up from products and unfiltered water. I live in a small town with poor water quality and find that this helps my thin hair every few months.
Sarah l.
milwaukee
Purchased at: Target
Amazing product Especially when you use a lot you of different products! Worked right the first time! Left my hair clean and light, even after 2 days my hair still feels fresh! Smell is nice as well.
Lacy J.
This product is AMAZING. Most probably don’t like the smell but I LOVE it. I feel like my hair smells fresh for days. You can instantly feel the difference in cleanliness for your hair. It is not technically safe for colored hair but I use a tinted conditioner immediately after. Will continue to use this product... I absolutely love it.
Kennedy W.
south bend
Purchased at: Walmart
This is a really effective shampoo. I use hairspray and a few other products on my hair daily and using this once a week gets rid of all the buildup from my products. I will say it was an interesting smell but it absolutely works.
Tiffany C.
Brazil
I have a major problem with oily hair and this always works out for me! It lathers very nicely and smells great. I have tried other clarifying shampoos for oily hair and nothing else compares to this. I have always been very satisfied with how well it works!! Definitely recommend for anyone with the same problem!
Maria B.
This is a really great shampoo for people struggling with oily hair! I use this once a week ( the rest of the week I use my regular shampoo) and it helps to make my hair feel and look fresh. Also seems to make it less greasy for the days to follow. The scent is a bit strong but for me it is easy to get past!
Carly S.
I have super long, thick hair. It has been a combination of greasy hair + dry scalp for two years now (since I moved to my current residence). I’m guessing something in city water is ruining my hair. I’ve never had this problem as a child or at college. Anyway, I’ve used this shampoo a few times now and although it’s helped, it hasn’t solved my issue. I’m going to double-down on amount (I’ve only been using a small amount) and see if it provides any relief. Still not satisfied. Still too embarrassed to wear my hair down in public. :-(
Savannah G.
Fayetteville , AR
This product does not have any harsh chemicals in it which makes it great because it makes your hair Feel clean. I have also found that if I use this product, then I do not have to wash my hair as much, because it makes my hair feel more coarse but that comes from the cleanliness
Lucy B.
SA
I didn't realise Neutrogena made shampoo! Is this any good for wavy hair?
Lea D.
Marlborough, MA
Does this product have any affect on the body and volume of your hair??
Emily S.
Does this really make your hair look and feel better? I've never noticed "residue" in my hair, but maybe I just don't know what it would look or feel like.
Bianca B.
Watsonville, CA
Do I still shampoo and conditioner right after I use this or just this product that day?
Janet G.
San Bernardino, CA
I have never used a clarifying shampoo, but I just bought this product. I'm scared to use it because I hear it leaves your hair dry and brittle. Is that true and if so what can I do so that doesn't happen? I'd appreciate any help. :)

Amazon