Neutrogena® The Anti-Residue Shampoo

Get ready to instantly remove up to 90% of dulling residue caused by shampoos, conditioners and styling products.After using our clarifying shampoo, your hair will feel fully cleansed.

This non-irritating top-rated clarifying shampoo cleans your hair and instantly rinses away residue. You only need to use it once a week before going back to your favorite shampoo. It’s also made for all hair types, even color-treated hair.

• Wet hair thoroughly.
  • Massage shampoo into hair, lather and rinse well.
  • Repeat if necessary.​

While Neutrogena® strives to keep ingredient lists on this website as accurate as possible, we cannot guarantee that these lists are complete, reliable, up-to-date, and error-free.Please refer to the ingredients list on the product packaging for the most accurate list of ingredients.

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Fragrance, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol

Neutrogena® The Anti-Residue Shampoo
  • "It got my hair clean of product build up and residue but what I found most prominent was the drying and static effect it had on my hair." in 5 reviews
Mandy C.
West Allis, WI
5 stars.. is not enough for this shampoo. I would honestly give this 100 stars, it saved my hair! I moved to the city a few years ago, and the only downfall.. the water. I get my hair trimmed every other month, I️ get it colored, and treated just as often. I’ve always washed my hair every other day, to every third day. I would wash my hair, style it, and it would look SO greasy, it actually brought me to tears. My hair is LONG so after 40 minutes of drying and styling, and then seeing what I️ thought looked like pure grease.. it was getting real annoying. I called my hair stylist and she said it had to be the water, get an anti residue shampoo. So i researched and found a bunch of brands, but this one stood out because even in my teenage years, Neutrogena was king at fighting skin problems. It’s been 3 years now, of using this shampoo!! It is absolutely magical. It pretty much eliminates every product that’s in your hair while you’re using it, sometimes it takes two washes but I have never been so happy with any product in my life, I even buy it as gifts for friends. I love high end products, and that’s mostly what I own, but I would trade them all in for this shampoo if I had to! Hair saving miracle.
ashlee w.
If you put a lot of product on your hair, color it, basically anything that could cause build up. This is a great shampoo to get all that nasty gunk out and leaves it really squeaky clean. Seriously, your hair squeaks after a wash. I wouldn't recommend rinsing and going about your day because it will leave it really dry.
alecia S.
Oxford, AL
I use this about once a week to rid my hair of residue. Smells clean and makes my hair feel soft and super clean once dry. My complaint is that it’s a little expensive for such a small bottle. I have a lot of hair so I go through a lot of shampoo. I plan to try a different clarifying shampoo when I run out of this one.
Dana C.
Condition,  condition, condition after using this product! It clarifies my hair, and now has become a weekly (and I say weekly because otherwise it WILL dry out your hair and possibly strip natural nutrients). It's inexpensive, and will leave your hair feeling much lighter and cleaner than it has in awhile.
Sabina A.
Ocoee, FL
Everyone needs to have a clarifying shampoo and this is the one you should have! When we use a lot of products in our hair, overtime there is buildup which sticks to the hair causing your regular shampoo to not work as well anymore. Using this really gets all the dirt and buildup out. It makes your hair feel brand new. I use it every once in a while when my hair feels like it needs some TLC.
Chels A.
Hudsonville, MI
I LOVE THIS SHAMPOO. You can see the dirty impurities that it pulls from your hair and leave it feeling full of volume and life. I had some red coloring stuck in my hair and couldn't get it out, this shampoo took out 90% of it. I don't recommend for those who dye their hair funky colors, it will take it out. But GREAT for greasy hair or removing unwanted old color.
Taylor S.
Corvallis, OR
I use this once a week to get rid of product build-up and help keep scalp itch at bay! I wouldn’t really recommend using it more than that, as it does leave my hair feeling pretty dry.
Katy S.
Winnsboro , SC
Overall it did well, don't expect miracles if you've always had oily hair. This is a cheaper option given versus some brands that cost more and may work the same. 4 bucks at walmart. I've always had oily hair and I suppose I will for good?
This isn't going to make your oily hair non existent.
Still I got to go 2 days without washing.
Paris L.
A little goes a long way! This gets rid of dandruff without leaving hair brittle and dry! It smells great and works for all hair types! I used to have oily hair until I started using this once a week! It is very efficient and lasts long since you only use small proportions.
Miranda K.
I have psoriasis on my scalp. My aunt recommended me to use this shampoo. With psoriasis you have to have a shampoo that diesnt leave anything behind because the slightest amount can cause undesirable itching. When I use this my hair feels to clean and I have no itching!
Lucy B.
I didn't realise Neutrogena made shampoo! Is this any good for wavy hair?
Lea D.
Hudson, MA
Does this product have any affect on the body and volume of your hair??
Lacey H.
Westport, TN
Does this help clear up dandruff?
Does this product really work? Do you see or feel a difference?
Bianca B.
Watsonville, CA
Do I still shampoo and conditioner right after I use this or just this product that day?