BY NEUTROGENA

Benefits

Our gentle dandruff shampoo starts to work on contact, so it controls itchy and flaky scalp conditions from the first use. And the shampoo continues to work for hours even after it's rinsed off.

Recommended by dermatologists to effectively control chronic Scalp Psoriasis, Seborrheic Dermatitis and even common Dandruff.

• 0.5% Coal Tar

HOW TO USE

For best results, use at least twice a week or as directed by a doctor.

• Wet hair thoroughly.
  • Massage shampoo into your scalp.
  • Lather, leaving on your hair and scalp for a few minutes.
  • Rinse and repeat.

Active ingredients

Coal Tar 0.5% (2% Neutar® Solubilized Coal Tar Extract) (Anti-dandruff, Anti-seborrheic dermatitis, Anti-psoriasis)

Inactive ingredients

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Laureth-4, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Purpose

Anti-dandruff, Anti-seborrheic dermatitis, Anti-psoriasis

Use
Controls the symptoms of dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis, and psoriasis.

Warnings: For external use only. Do not use for prolonged periods without consulting a doctor. this product with other forms of psoriasis therapy such as ultraviolet radiation or prescription drugs unless directed to do so by a doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have a condition that covers a large area of the body.
When using this product
Avoid contact with the eyes. If contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water.
Use caution in exposing skin to sunlight after applying this product. It may increase your tendency to sunburn for up to 24 hours after application.
Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or does not improve after regular use of this product as directed.

Directions
For best results, use at least twice a week or as directed by a doctor. Wet hair thoroughly Massage shampoo into your scalp. Lather, leaving on your hair and scalp for a few minutes. Rinse and repeat.

• Does the "new scent" smell better than how I remember it smelling...4 Answers
  • Where is the least expensive place to purchase th... Be the first to answer!
  • My daughter has dry scalp. Is this safe for her since she is only...2 Answers
Janet L.
New York
The smell of tar in this product is quite noticeable but doesn't bother me too much surprisingly. If you hate the smell then you might can't stand this product and there are dandruff shampoos without tar smells. I bought this to target head dandruff that I had ever since I was a kid. The shampoo did help a lot with my dandruff, it is not completely gone just a few specks after a few days of no shampooing. The shampoo lathers okay, you may need more to cover your whole head and I have medium length hair that is fine. The main issue I have with this shampoo is that the first few weeks I use this I have this strange lightheadedness when I wash with it. It made me feel really weird and kind of bothers me. Another big issue is that it made my hair falls out a lot, hair will just get easily pulled out even when I had stepped out of the shower. Hair strands will fall out and littered the area I'm working on. I am very concerned, maybe it is too harsh for my head?
Celina N.
Quartz Hill
So I’m gonna be upfront. This shampoo literally smells like burning tires. I’ve gotten used to and even grown to like the smell but it’s definitely an acquired taste. As far as quality I can’t even say how good this is. I had chronic dandruff and this honestly cleared it and my itchy scalp up in one use. I personally like the original formula as opposed to the extra strength. I don’t feel like the results are comparable.
🇱 🇯.
Moro, IL
So a very long time ago when I was in Middle School, I had this horrible flaky skin in the back of my head. The pediatrician said that I actually had scalp psoriasis. She recommended the shampoo and within days it was gone. I definitely recommend this to help with that sort of thing. However it has a very pungent smell.
Bianca F.
My scalp hates the winter, but this helps it be a little more tolerable. The product definitely works, my only complaint is the smell is horrible! The smell is way too strong and chemically. They just need to tone it down a few notches!
Tilson H.
Olathe
I have tried everything to get rid of my itchy, dry scalp. Nothing has worked until this. It does not have a nice scent but has no long lasting smell. I don’t mind the smell considering this truly works! I switch this off with my usually shampoo, using the tgel twice as much.
Tylinn W.
I bought this shampoo because I believe I have seborrheic dermatitis. My scalp itches and flakes no matter what shampoo/conditioner or products I use in my hair. The T-Gel helped calm my scalp for a few days after each use but it was back to flaking again soon after. Eventually it stopped worked altogether.
Kendra S.
Palo alto, CA
I was having small flakes that were giving me big anxiety. A dermatologist recommended this to me and it helped. I'm practically flake free. The smell is a bit much but at least it smells clean!
Sara A.
Elmhurst , NY
It didn’t work for me ..left my hair clean but it was oily after one day and than I would have to wash again or it will smelly..it a little expensive and almost the same price as head and shoulders clinical
Dominique J.
Richland, GA
I bought this shampoo because my scalp is constantly itching!! It worked for the first day great but head was itching again the next day. I don't want to wash my hair every day.
Jessica B.
Columbus, OH
I LOVE this stuff. I used it once while house sitting and thank God I did! I swim every day so my hair gets terribly dry from the chlorine. I use this as needed and it works great!!! I use to get very dry hair to the point my scalp would get dry and flake, gross! I use to try different hydrating shampoos and conditioner but they never fully worked. This leaves my hair shiny (but not greasy), it smells good, and I'm flake free. I use it once or twice a week, if needed. I have even got my fiancé to use it as needed as well!!
Erin  W.
Spring, TX
Does this product have a funny smell?
Kirby M.
Eugene, OR
Does the "new scent" smell better than how I remember it smelling? I haven't used it in nearly 20 years, I just remember that it smelled horrific.
Josephine M.
Fresh Meadows, NY
How many washes and uses did you use to see change in dandruff amount?
Morenike K.
Bronx, NY
My daughter has dry scalp. Is this safe for her since she is only 7yrs old?
Emma J.
Broken Arrow, OK
Where is the least expensive place to purchase this? How quickly did you feel results?