BY NEUTROGENA

Our gentle dandruff shampoo starts to work on contact, so it controls itchy and flaky scalp conditions from the first use. And the shampoo continues to work for hours even after it's rinsed off.

Recommended by dermatologists to effectively control chronic Scalp Psoriasis, Seborrheic Dermatitis and even common Dandruff.

• 0.5% Coal Tar

HOW TO USE:

For best results, use at least twice a week or as directed by a doctor.

• Wet hair thoroughly.
  • Massage shampoo into your scalp.
  • Lather, leaving on your hair and scalp for a few minutes.
  • Rinse and repeat.

Active ingredients

Coal Tar 0.5% (2% Neutar® Solubilized Coal Tar Extract) (Anti-dandruff, Anti-seborrheic dermatitis, Anti-psoriasis)

Inactive ingredients

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Laureth-4, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA.

• Does the "new scent" smell better than how I remember it ...4 Answers
  • Neutrogena® T/Gel® Therapeutic Shampoo-Original Formula ?...1 Answers
  • Where is the least expensive place to purchase this? How ...1 Answers
Angelica R.
Purchased at: Walmart
I use this product for flakiness. It’s helped with the buildup for sure. It does have a strong smell . Very medicine like smell. I don’t mind it but it fades after a while. I feel like it lightens my hair a bit to. Which I don’t mind
Emma Z.
Purchased at: Walmart
Thought this product would help my itchy, dry, flaky scalp but it didn't it actually made it worse. Now I haven't been told I have a condition like psoriasis or dermatitis on my scalp, so I'm just assuming this is just a dry scalp problem. But lots of hydrating conditioners haven't worked so I bought this. It smells really odd and not pleasant. This actually started to make my scalp become more flaky and made flakes start to appear on more than just this section on the top of my head. The flakes we're still itchy and actually flaked off easier than before, which I wasn't happy about. If I didn't comb the flakes off they would built up and make it worse. This product also has sulfates in it, which is drying to the skin. Also, has fragrance as the 5th ingredient which for sensitive scalps is not good and sodium chloride as the 6th ingredient and this can cause a dry, itchy scalp and provoke hair loss. Which I feel like in the very dry parts of my scalp my hair has thinned out. Overall, did wayyy more damage than anything.
Celina N.
Quartz Hill
So I’m gonna be upfront. This shampoo literally smells like burning tires. I’ve gotten used to and even grown to like the smell but it’s definitely an acquired taste. As far as quality I can’t even say how good this is. I had chronic dandruff and this honestly cleared it and my itchy scalp up in one use. I personally like the original formula as opposed to the extra strength. I don’t feel like the results are comparable.
Lizzie S.
Ames, IA
So, if I'm being entirely 100% honest I almost didn't even try the product because I cannot stand the smell. That smell lingers in your hair for what seems like forever too. However, it helps almost instantly with flaking and itchiness. I had severe dandruff and dry spots on my scalp and nothing was helping until this! After a few uses, you'll definitely be feeling lots better!
Wanda C.
Bayonne, NJ
This help my dry scalp so much and reduced my dandruff. I use this product when needed the only thing I dont like is the smell is a little funky and strong but after a while you get use to it but all I do is I condition my hair with another product and use a leave in conditioner to maintain my softness and manage the smell.
Brigid C.
Fort Collins, CO
I use this product typically once a week to cleanse my scalp. I have extremely curly hair and do not wash my hair that often, I have lots of product build up, and in the winter my scalp gets very dry. I use this product to combat irritation and dandruff and it works wonders!
laura e.
Moro, IL
So a very long time ago when I was in Middle School, I had this horrible flaky skin in the back of my head. The pediatrician said that I actually had scalp psoriasis. She recommended the shampoo and within days it was gone. I definitely recommend this to help with that sort of thing. However it has a very pungent smell.
Danielle R.
Paso Robles
Purchased at: Target
First, I hate the smell of this shampoo. But it is the ONLY shampoo I have EVER found that doesn't give me dandruff. It lathers really nicely and doesn't irritate my scalp. Aside from the smell, it's a great option for someone battling dry scalp or flakes.
Christina D.
160 parkside dr
Purchased at: Walgreens
I have an itchy scalp so I got neutrogena t/gel hoping for relief. It leaves me smelling like a coal mine which I could live with if it helped with the itch but it did not. My hair always looks greasy after using like it didn't really clean my hair and my scalp is still itchy.
Tilson H.
Olathe
I have tried everything to get rid of my itchy, dry scalp. Nothing has worked until this. It does not have a nice scent but has no long lasting smell. I don’t mind the smell considering this truly works! I switch this off with my usually shampoo, using the tgel twice as much.
Erin  W.
Spring, TX
Does this product have a funny smell?
Kirby M.
Eugene, OR
Does the "new scent" smell better than how I remember it smelling? I haven't used it in nearly 20 years, I just remember that it smelled horrific.
Josephine M.
Fresh Meadows, NY
How many washes and uses did you use to see change in dandruff amount?
Morenike K.
Bronx, NY
My daughter has dry scalp. Is this safe for her since she is only 7yrs old?
Emma J.
Broken Arrow, OK
Where is the least expensive place to purchase this? How quickly did you feel results?

Target