BY NEUTROGENA

T/Gel® Therapeutic Shampoo Extra Strength effectively controls the most resistant scalp conditions with twice the amount of active ingredient as T/Gel® Original Formula.

This dermatologist-recommended formula contains Neutar® (1% Coal Tar), proven to deliver effective scalp therapy for hours after the shampoo is rinsed out. Its rich, amber formula gently cleanses, and the added conditioners leave hair manageable and soft.

Neutrogena T/Gel® Therapeutic Shampoo - Extra Strength
  • "Anyone who has eczema Or psoriasis Of the scalp this works wonders I recommend using it twice a week and make sure to wash well doesn't have the most pleasant scent" in 1 review
Kayla C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This has worked better for me than prescription shampoos. Although it's expensive, it is cheaper than a prescription shampoo & I need it since I just can't sustain regular shampoo with my psoriasis on my neck and scalp. It doesn't have a nice smell but if you use a nice smelling conditioner afterwards, it'll cancel out the smell. I highly recommend this. Also buying the bigger bottle saves a lot of money in the long run, as I've had to repurchase many times.
OnDeane J.
Philadelphia, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I had an incredibly itchy scalp right in the crown. It become unbearable and damaging to my hair. I bought this to see if it would make any difference. I used it in conjunction with another product to cleanse my scalp. It worked exactly as advertised. I'm no longer scratching scabs onto my scalp. My itching has decreased about 90 percent. I didn't notice an incredibly bad smell from this product. My hair didn't smell bad after use. But it is drying to the hair. I followed up with a moisturizing shampoo so my hair wouldn't be dried out.
Natalie M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is stuff of the gods if you have dandruff or dry scalp in the winter time. I use this about 3 times a week and in between my regular shampoo and my dry scalp went from painful and itchy to smooth and silky again. I was wear baseball caps for months because my dandruff got so out of control. But once I started using this stuff after the first was i could already tell a visible difference. Also a little TIP leave it on your scalp for about 3-5 minutes before washing it off for it to really clean out your scalp.
Heather W.
Tampa, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have used this product in the past to get rid of dandruff and itchy scalp. This product REALLY gets the job done! Now, I will admit it does have a slightly strong-ish medicinal smell to it, but other than that, 5 stars across the board and I would most definitely recommend Neutrogena T-Gel shampoo to ANYONE that has tried everything else, because trust me what the Doctor will give you is probably going to work good, but smell WAY worse. Also, Neutrogena puts out high quality products.
Kristen W.
Jackson, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've used this only twice and already my scalp is so much clearer. I don't usually have visible break outs of my eczema, but recently it started up on my hairline on my forehead. So embarrassing. One use and I didn't notice the big flakes anymore. I plan on using this once every week or so. It does dry out my hair, but the benefit outweighs that problem.
Troy M.
Carmichael, CA
This shampoo works extremely well! I have mild psoriasis on my head which causes my head to flake quite frequently if I don't stay on top of it and once I found this it was like a miracle! No more itching, far less outbreaks, and no more flaking! It's an amazing product!
Jeneille L.
Brooklyn, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been using this shampoo for a while and really love it. I have extremely dry itchy scalp and this helps to soothe and calm my scalp so that it doesn't itch so much. Has a very....tar like smell which I hate but it works so I can let that slid )
Ashley S.
Lompoc, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
When i can't get my dandruff under control i always turn to this. It takes about a week or two for it to work, which isn't bad. It has never let me down. The usually get this from my local walmart. I've tried other shampoos and remedies but this is the only thing that works for me.  I like that it scores low on the ewg site.
Christina C.
Smyrna, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is definitely my #HolyGrail shampoo for scalp psoriasis. I have had scalp psoriasis ever since i was a baby, and as a 26 year old adult, i still struggle. I cant use any other shampoo BESIDES Tgel, otherwise my scalp itches SO bad. If you didn't know, theirs a difference in dandruff, and psoriasis. Dandruff is built up dead skin on your scalp, and flakes fall on your clothes, and people are able to see it. Scalp psoriasis is VERY DRY, FLAKY, SPOTS on your head that have a scale like appearance when flaking off. Dandruff comes off in big pieces, because its dead, dry skin, scalp psoriasis is a condition to where your scalp constantly itches due to the "hot spots" where the flakes are the worst. This shampoo is the ONLY shampoo that helps. I use all the Tgel's, regular, and extra strength. I LOVE how my scalp feels after i wash it, OMG such relief! After a couple of days, the psoriasis starts to flake, and act up again, so its time to wash your hair again.
Sam C.
My husband and I share a bottle and it's extremely effective. It gets rid of itchiness, redness, and flakes right away. There is a strong smell to it and it's very strong, so I typically use it once a week (sometimes less), otherwise it will over dry my scalp.
Jessica R.