BY NEUTROGENA

Benefits

Our dermatologist-recommended shampoo effectively controls the most resistant scalp conditions, like dandruff, with twice the amount of active ingredient as T/Gel®Original Formula. This formula contains Neutar® (1% Coal Tar), proven to control your flaky, itchy scalp for hours after it’s rinsed out. Its rich, amber formula gently cleanses, and the added conditioners leave hair manageable and soft.

HOW TO USE

For best results, use at least twice a week or as directed by a doctor.

• Wet hair thoroughly.
  • Massage shampoo into your scalp.
  • Lather, leaving on your hair and scalp for a few minutes.
  • Rinse and repeat.

Active ingredients

Coal Tar 1% (4% Neutar® Solubilized Coal Tar Extract).

Inactive ingredients

Water,Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Bishydroxyethyl Dihydroxypropyl Stearammonium Chloride, Fragrance, Cocamide MEA, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Triethanolamine.

Purpose

Anti-dandruff, Anti-seborrheic dermatitis, Anti-psoriasis

Use
Controls the symptoms of dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis.

Warnings: For external use only.
Do not use
for prolonged periods without consulting a doctor.
this product with other forms of psoriasis therapy such as ultraviolet radiation or prescription drugs unless directed to do so by a doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have a condition that covers a large area of the body.
When using this product
Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water.
Use caution in exposing skin to sunlight after applying this product. It may increase your tendency to sunburn for up to 24 hours after application.
Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or does not improve after regular use of this product as directed.

Directions
For best results, use at least twice a week or as directed by a doctor.
Wet hair thoroughly.
Massage shampoo into your scalp.
Lather, leaving on your hair and scalp for a few minutes.
Rinse and repeat.

• What’s the best way to use this shampoo???2 Answers
  • Where can you buy this?6 Answers
  • On box it staes containes chemicals known to cause CANCEr...1 Answers
Neutrogena® T/Gel® Therapeutic Shampoo-Extra Strength
  • "Anyone who has eczema Or psoriasis Of the scalp this works wonders I recommend using it twice a week and make sure to wash well doesn't have the most pleasant scent" in 1 review
Kayla C.
Yardley, PA
This has worked better for me than prescription shampoos. Although it's expensive, it is cheaper than a prescription shampoo & I need it since I just can't sustain regular shampoo with my psoriasis on my neck and scalp. It doesn't have a nice smell but if you use a nice smelling conditioner afterwards, it'll cancel out the smell. I highly recommend this. Also buying the bigger bottle saves a lot of money in the long run, as I've had to repurchase many times.
Ariel S.
Everett
Purchased at: Walgreens
This product works GREAT. I always struggle with dry scalp and this definitely helps clear it up even after the 1st use. I use it at least once a week. The only downside to the product is the smell but I can deal with that because of how great this works
Lauren B.
Miramar, FL
Not many people talk about dandruff enough. But this product makes my dandruff go away completely. It doesn’t have the best smell to it but it gets the job done and I’ve rather have quality products then have something than smells good but isn’t effective
Elizabeth G.
Baldwin Park, CA
My dermatologist recommended this for my stubborn psoriasis. Along with some topical solution, my scalp feels so much better! It’s not itchy or as flaky! Giving it 4/5 stars because it’s really mediciney smelling!
Aimee C.
Racine, WI
I have psoriasis pretty badly on my scalp and this is the only thing that works to relieve the redness and the itch! I have a super dry and flaky scalp and it leaves a cooling feel afterwards. It’s amazing!
Melanie P.
Scott Afb, IL
This is the only shampoo that helps my dandruff ! Since using this product I rarely have any issues with dandruff. This helped me out a lot during the winter while my scalp was dry.
Samantha N.
Pittsburgh, PA
I have an extremely sensitive and dry scalp. I use this product once a month to give my hair that treatment that it needs from time to time. Only issue is that it smells terrible.
OnDeane J.
PHILADELPHIA, PA
1,093 reviews
I had an incredibly itchy scalp right in the crown. It become unbearable and damaging to my hair. I bought this to see if it would make any difference. I used it in conjunction with another product to cleanse my scalp. It worked exactly as advertised. I'm no longer scratching scabs onto my scalp. My itching has decreased about 90 percent. I didn't notice an incredibly bad smell from this product. My hair didn't smell bad after use. But it is drying to the hair. I followed up with a moisturizing shampoo so my hair wouldn't be dried out.
Brittany M.
I’ve had an itchy, burning scalp for so long until I started using this shampoo. I learned about it from a YouTuber who has the same issue and she said it was the only shampoo that helped. I immediately went to Walmart to grab some. It definitely does smell funny but I got used to it really quick. I was surprised to find that this shampoo made my hair softer than normal. I expected it to be dry and coarse. But my hair has been in the best condition ever since using this shampoo. I would recommend for anyone to try who has itchy or flaky or burning scalp.
Natalie M.
This is stuff of the gods if you have dandruff or dry scalp in the winter time. I use this about 3 times a week and in between my regular shampoo and my dry scalp went from painful and itchy to smooth and silky again. I was wear baseball caps for months because my dandruff got so out of control. But once I started using this stuff after the first was i could already tell a visible difference. Also a little TIP leave it on your scalp for about 3-5 minutes before washing it off for it to really clean out your scalp.
Jessica R.
Commerce City, CO
Where can you buy this?
Susan H.
Malverne, NY
What’s the best way to use this shampoo???
Frank-monica M.
Sacramento
On box it staes containes chemicals known to cause CANCEr is it safe its for my 12 yr old hair is really bad itchy dandough redness from scathing is it safe

Amazon