Evelyn D.
Evelyn D.
Largo, FL

How do you guys like this product? Is it better than head & Shoulders?
Amy G.
Amy G.
Aug. 24, 2014, 3:29 p.m.
My husband prefers head and shoulders over this one.
Nadine  R.
Nadine R.
Aug. 18, 2014, 11:29 p.m.
It will depend on what you are wanting to treat. Head ad Shoulders focuses on dandruff and dry scalp where T/Gel is more for psoriasis. I find Head and Shoulders does not help me much, but T/Gel is great, however Head and Shoulders smells way better.
Heather T.
Heather T.
June 9, 2014, 3:05 p.m.
It works much better than Head and Shoulders. H&S smells better, though.
Andie H.
Andie H.
Feb. 23, 2014, 10:31 a.m.
I like this so much better than Head & Shoulders. H&S actually made my dermatitis worse!
. ..
. ..
July 6, 2013, 5:23 a.m.
Head and Shoulders works best for me but this product helped me get rid of a ringworm, which was prescribed by my dermatologist at the time.
Amber S.
Amber S.
May 8, 2013, 8:39 a.m.
I personally think it works better..
Ramelle L.
Ramelle L.
May 7, 2013, 8:01 p.m.
I think this and head and shoulder's lay in different categories! I personally use the T-Gel when my scalp is getting super flaky and itchy to help get the initial dandruff off my scalp. I then use head and shoulders as a maintenance product!
Jessica C.
Jessica C.
April 14, 2013, 2:35 p.m.
I have exzema and my mom always made me use this and head & shoulder's. Both products make me itch and have never even helped with dandruff. The only thing that has EVER helped is Tea Tree Oil Shampoo. It STOPS the itching completely and has reduced the amount of dander build up dramatically.
Leah B.
Leah B.
April 13, 2013, 9:09 a.m.
I agree, this product is more for severe dandruff. It works much better than Head & Shoulders. After you've used T/Gel several times you don't have to use it every time you shampoo. Head & Shoulders is more for light dandruff and to use everyday. H&S would be good to use after an initial T/Gel treatment but in terms of effectiveness, T/Gel wins hands down.
Stephanie H.
Stephanie H.
March 22, 2013, 9 a.m.
This product is for more severe cases of dandruff. If you are really having some issues, then this would be better than Head & Shoulders. But for everyday use, Head & Shoulders is the better choice.
Gabby D.
Gabby D.
March 18, 2013, 8:25 p.m.
It's very different from head and shoulders. I use head and shoulders daily and it keeps my scalp healthy and dandruff free. However when I used a different shampoo for a whole I got dandruff. This is a strong shampoo to use when you need to get rid of dandruff. Them you can switch back to head and shoulders because it smells so much better.
Angela S.
Angela S.
March 11, 2013, 4 p.m.
I think this is a great product for dandruff. It's one of the only over the counter shampoos that seem to help calm my dandruff down, as I have a severely dry scalp. For me, it doesn't get rid of my dandruff completely but it helps it immensely. With Head and Shoulders it sometimes makes my dandruff worse! I think since all the dandruff shampoos contain different active ingredients you just have to find the one that is right for you.
Amanda B.
Amanda B.
March 11, 2013, 3:11 p.m.
It's a very good product and does exactly what it's made to do. I use it, though like most people seem to, I alternate it with other shampoos.
Rebecca A.
Rebecca A.
Feb. 27, 2013, 8:43 a.m.
I'd say this shampoo works DIFFERENTLY than Head & Shoulders. Usually H&S keeps my dandruff in check, but when the cold winter comes along, my scalp gets out of control. I'll alternate the TGel with other shampoos and find that it works best.
Elyse R.
Elyse R.
Feb. 13, 2013, 5:59 a.m.
I use this in combination with Head & Shoulders medicated formula. I wouldn't say that it is better, but that it is a different formula. My dermatologist recommended that I alternate brands. I like what this product does for my scalp, but the smell is something awful.
Holly I.
Holly I.
Feb. 4, 2013, 7:22 a.m.
You cannot compare this product to Head & Shoulder because this product is used for those that have severely dry scalps.
Brittnea F.
Brittnea F.
Jan. 31, 2013, 1:15 p.m.
It works better than head and shoulders but smells so bad that if using this product I would use this and head and shoulders to make it smell a little better.
Natalie F.
Natalie F.
Jan. 29, 2013, 8:58 a.m.
Ive used this for 20 years & I swear by it. When you first use it, use it every time you wash your hair until you notice the dandruff gone. Usually only takes abot 3 washes, then use it once a week or once every other week to maintain a healthy scalp. I promise you'll never use head & shoulders again.
Amanda S.
Amanda S.
Jan. 24, 2013, 11:04 a.m.
Works better than head and shoulders to me. The only shampoo i will use for dandruff
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
Jan. 17, 2013, 5:08 p.m.
I agree. It is great to control the itching related to psoriasis. It is tar based though so the smell is strong and its good to alternate with other products
Brandy S.
Brandy S.
Jan. 17, 2013, 1:39 p.m.
This is a great product; however, I think that it works best when used with another dandruff shampoo. My sister has psoriasis on her scalp and this shampoo helps a lot.
Stacey R.
Stacey R.
Jan. 15, 2013, 4:41 p.m.
I think it's a good product, I find actually alternation between the t gel and another shampoo like head & shoulders lot,and the directions tell you to use only twice a week .

Join Now