Anne F.
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA

Does the smell of it bother you?
Lizzie C.
Lizzie C.
Feb. 9, 2015, 9:42 p.m.
The smell is not the best, however it is bearable
Aileen T.
Sept. 21, 2014, 3:58 p.m.
Not at all. The smell is more noticeable when you first use it, but after awhile you get use to it. I always use a conditioner that smells really good after washing this product out.
Aileen T.
Sept. 21, 2014, 3:58 p.m.
Patience G.
Patience G.
Sept. 8, 2014, 8:45 a.m.
YES,,I just cant deal with it...Its why I quit using it
Jamie S.
Jamie S.
Aug. 28, 2014, 11:30 a.m.
I actually LOVE the smell of this shampoo!!
Samantha K.
Samantha K.
Aug. 25, 2014, 12:33 a.m.
Not a fan but it works so I can looks past it
Amy G.
Amy G.
Aug. 24, 2014, 3:28 p.m.
I am NOT a fan of the smell. :)
Nadine  R.
Nadine R.
Aug. 18, 2014, 11:27 p.m.
The smell can be a little off putting, but all medicated shampoo does have a medicine type smell. You can use this just on you scalp area and wash any hair length with your normal shampoo and then it wont smell as bad.
Melissa H.
Melissa H.
Aug. 17, 2014, 4:03 a.m.
The smell is pretty bad, but I use a nice smelling conditioner afterward and that tends to leave my hair smelling nice and fresh.
Samantha S.
Samantha S.
June 17, 2014, 12:07 a.m.
Not really. Like it's not a good smell, kinda like medicine but it doesn't bother me.
Heather T.
Heather T.
June 9, 2014, 3:05 p.m.
It's definitely not a pleasant smell!!
Sara J.
Sara J.
March 11, 2014, 9:18 p.m.
Yes but i just shampoo with good smelling stuff afterwards to get rid of it.
Andie H.
Andie H.
Feb. 23, 2014, 10:30 a.m.
It does, but I also tend to keep it on my scalp and use a conditioner at the ends. The smell does go away though.
Jessica N.
Jessica N.
Jan. 24, 2014, 12:45 p.m.
I hate the smell but I cant complain if the product works. I tend to wash my hair once with this product then wash it again with a nicer scented shampoo to get rid of the smell.
Jordan K.
Jordan K.
Oct. 14, 2013, 12:50 p.m.
Hi, I recently had horrible dandruff and this worked miracles, no the smell in not back after your hair is dry. i suggest using this at the roots and a condition of some sort at your ends. This way you smell the conditioner. I prefer this over head and shoulders and Selsun Blue.
Crissy E.
Crissy E.
Sept. 1, 2013, 2:49 a.m.
Yes the smell does bother me it reminds me dog shampoo
Lindsay H.
Lindsay H.
Aug. 4, 2013, 11:02 a.m.
HATE the smell!
Samantha N.
Samantha N.
July 21, 2013, 4:21 p.m.
It did at first but not anymore.
Amy T.
Amy T.
July 13, 2013, 9:29 a.m.
I hate the smell, but it does work. I don't use it every day, I use it like once a week and it really does help.
. ..
. ..
July 6, 2013, 5:21 a.m.
Yes, the smell is a bother but so worth it.
Alison C.
Alison C.
May 30, 2013, 2:45 p.m.
I've never been a fan of the smell. However, if it works for you the smell is way better than dandruff
Terre P.
Terre P.
May 28, 2013, 5:41 p.m.
I have used this on my children for cradle cap in their toddler years or for dandruff as teens. The smell bothers them more than me. But, I don't like the lingering after smell that comes with this product.
Danielle W.
Danielle W.
May 20, 2013, 8:20 p.m.
Not any more. I use it first and then use a better smelling conditioner so it sort of masks the smell. I think that works quite well.
Paige T.
Paige T.
May 13, 2013, 11:44 p.m.
At first I was shocked that it was so pungent and medicinal smelling, but then I realized that it was taking care of a serious problem really well. If you use good smelling products to style and protect your hair afterward, it can't be noticed at all.
Ramelle L.
Ramelle L.
May 7, 2013, 8 p.m.
No it doesn't bother me!
Danielle C.
Danielle C.
May 7, 2013, 6:41 p.m.
I actually use this on my daughter, she has eczema patches on her scalp. I don't really care for the smell, but friends always tells me they love the way her hair smells. ;)
Natalie L.
Natalie L.
May 6, 2013, 6:49 p.m.
No not really. it smells like tar in the shower but after my hair is done i don't smell it.
Erica V.
Erica V.
May 5, 2013, 4:28 p.m.
Yes. It's too strong.
Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.
May 3, 2013, 7:24 a.m.
I actually love the smell!
Brittney M.
Brittney M.
May 2, 2013, 1:59 a.m.
It smells pretty bad, but if it works this well, I'll live with the smell. It's inexpensive and works extremely well on my wife's sensitive scalp.
Donna P.
Donna P.
April 30, 2013, 3:06 a.m.
No does not smell bad
Lachana T.
Lachana T.
April 14, 2013, 8:47 a.m.
Not really the smell disappears when my hair is dry and after i use other products like conditioner or hair spray etc.
Stephanie H.
Stephanie H.
March 22, 2013, 8:59 a.m.
That is actually my only issue with this product. It works pretty well, but the smell is too strong for me. If they could find a way to put this is nice smelling scents, I'd use it more often.
Tabitha B.
Tabitha B.
March 20, 2013, 10:37 p.m.
No not really. And it doesn't really stick to ur hair if u use a conditioner afterwards.
Gabby D.
Gabby D.
March 18, 2013, 8:26 p.m.
When you smell it from the bottle it may bother you. But once you use it your hair doesn't smell too much like it. It just has a clean smell
Angela S.
Angela S.
March 11, 2013, 4:04 p.m.
The smell is not the best for a shampoo but it works so good that I think it's worth it to help control the dandruff. After I am done washing I have to use some kind of conditioner, trying not to get any on my super dry scalp and after my hair dries it never smells like the T-gel, only the conditioner I used.
Liz M.
Liz M.
March 6, 2013, 11:37 a.m.
It smells bad in the bottle but after you shampooo with it you can't notice it.
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
March 4, 2013, 9:32 a.m.
I do not care for the smell while washing my hair. Luckily, the smell doesn't stick around after it hair is dry.
Rebecca A.
Rebecca A.
Feb. 27, 2013, 8:44 a.m.
I can smell it faintly after I've dried and styled my hair. But there's something about the scent that I actually find comforting!
Abbey K.
Abbey K.
Feb. 25, 2013, 3:14 p.m.
You can't really smell it after you rinse it out. I was worried my hair would smell horrible but it's not bad. If you're worried, put some heat protectant in after and you will be fine!
Jasmine A.
Jasmine A.
Feb. 20, 2013, 12:40 p.m.
The smell doesn't really bother me, it doesn't seem to still smell after your hair has dried.

Join Now