Anne F.
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA
Does the smell of it bother you?
Olivia F.
Lizzie C.
Lizzie C.
Honolulu, HI
2 years, 7 months ago
The smell is not the best, however it is bearable
Goose Creek, SC
2 years, 12 months ago
Not at all. The smell is more noticeable when you first use it, but after awhile you get use to it. I always use a conditioner that smells really good after washing this product out.
Goose Creek, SC
2 years, 12 months ago
Patience G.
Patience G.
Beaverton, AL
3 years ago
YES,,I just cant deal with it...Its why I quit using it
Jamie S.
Jamie S.
Joplin , MO
3 years ago
I actually LOVE the smell of this shampoo!!
Samantha K.
Samantha K.
Miramar, FL
3 years ago
Not a fan but it works so I can looks past it
Amy G.
Amy G.
Dauphin, PA
3 years ago
I am NOT a fan of the smell. :)
Nadine  R.
Nadine R.
3 years, 1 month ago
The smell can be a little off putting, but all medicated shampoo does have a medicine type smell. You can use this just on you scalp area and wash any hair length with your normal shampoo and then it wont smell as bad.
Melissa H.
Melissa H.
Glendale, AZ
3 years, 1 month ago
The smell is pretty bad, but I use a nice smelling conditioner afterward and that tends to leave my hair smelling nice and fresh.
Samantha S.
Samantha S.
Richmond, KY
3 years, 3 months ago
Not really. Like it's not a good smell, kinda like medicine but it doesn't bother me.
Heather T.
Heather T.
Spring Lake, NC
3 years, 3 months ago
It's definitely not a pleasant smell!!
Sara J.
Sara J.
Ocala, FL
3 years, 6 months ago
Yes but i just shampoo with good smelling stuff afterwards to get rid of it.
Andie H.
Andie H.
3 years, 7 months ago
It does, but I also tend to keep it on my scalp and use a conditioner at the ends. The smell does go away though.
Jessica N.
Jessica N.
3 years, 7 months ago
I hate the smell but I cant complain if the product works. I tend to wash my hair once with this product then wash it again with a nicer scented shampoo to get rid of the smell.
Jordan K.
Jordan K.
milwaukee, wi
3 years, 11 months ago
Hi, I recently had horrible dandruff and this worked miracles, no the smell in not back after your hair is dry. i suggest using this at the roots and a condition of some sort at your ends. This way you smell the conditioner. I prefer this over head and shoulders and Selsun Blue.
Crissy E.
Crissy E.
San Antonio , TX
4 years ago
Yes the smell does bother me it reminds me dog shampoo
Lindsay H.
Samantha N.
Samantha N.
Pennington, NJ
4 years, 2 months ago
It did at first but not anymore.
Amy T.
Amy T.
Bridgewater, NJ
4 years, 2 months ago
I hate the smell, but it does work. I don't use it every day, I use it like once a week and it really does help.
. ..
. ..
4 years, 2 months ago
Yes, the smell is a bother but so worth it.
Alison C.
Alison C.
White Oak, PA
4 years, 3 months ago
I've never been a fan of the smell. However, if it works for you the smell is way better than dandruff
Terre P.
Terre P.
Terre Haute, IN
4 years, 3 months ago
I have used this on my children for cradle cap in their toddler years or for dandruff as teens. The smell bothers them more than me. But, I don't like the lingering after smell that comes with this product.
Danielle W.
Danielle W.
Milwaukee, WI
4 years, 4 months ago
Not any more. I use it first and then use a better smelling conditioner so it sort of masks the smell. I think that works quite well.
Paige T.
Paige T.
4 years, 4 months ago
At first I was shocked that it was so pungent and medicinal smelling, but then I realized that it was taking care of a serious problem really well. If you use good smelling products to style and protect your hair afterward, it can't be noticed at all.
Ramelle L.
Ramelle L.
Chandler, AZ
4 years, 4 months ago
No it doesn't bother me!
Danielle C.
Danielle C.
Olathe, KS
4 years, 4 months ago
I actually use this on my daughter, she has eczema patches on her scalp. I don't really care for the smell, but friends always tells me they love the way her hair smells. ;)
Natalie L.
Natalie L.
Greenville, NC
4 years, 4 months ago
No not really. it smells like tar in the shower but after my hair is done i don't smell it.
Erica V.
Erica V.
Yes. It's too strong.
Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.
4 years, 4 months ago
I actually love the smell!
Brittney M.
Brittney M.
Modesto, CA
4 years, 4 months ago
It smells pretty bad, but if it works this well, I'll live with the smell. It's inexpensive and works extremely well on my wife's sensitive scalp.
Donna P.
Donna P.
Newberry, SC
No does not smell bad
Lachana T.
Lachana T.
croydon
4 years, 5 months ago
Not really the smell disappears when my hair is dry and after i use other products like conditioner or hair spray etc.
Stephanie H.
Stephanie H.
Trenton, MI
4 years, 6 months ago
That is actually my only issue with this product. It works pretty well, but the smell is too strong for me. If they could find a way to put this is nice smelling scents, I'd use it more often.
Tabitha B.
Tabitha B.
Marmaduke, AR
4 years, 6 months ago
No not really. And it doesn't really stick to ur hair if u use a conditioner afterwards.
Gabby D.
Gabby D.
Brooklyn , NY
4 years, 6 months ago
When you smell it from the bottle it may bother you. But once you use it your hair doesn't smell too much like it. It just has a clean smell
Angela S.
Angela S.
Ashland, KY
4 years, 6 months ago
The smell is not the best for a shampoo but it works so good that I think it's worth it to help control the dandruff. After I am done washing I have to use some kind of conditioner, trying not to get any on my super dry scalp and after my hair dries it never smells like the T-gel, only the conditioner I used.
Liz M.
Liz M.
Bronx, NY
4 years, 6 months ago
It smells bad in the bottle but after you shampooo with it you can't notice it.
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
4 years, 6 months ago
I do not care for the smell while washing my hair. Luckily, the smell doesn't stick around after it hair is dry.
Rebecca A.
Rebecca A.
Helena, AL
4 years, 6 months ago
I can smell it faintly after I've dried and styled my hair. But there's something about the scent that I actually find comforting!
Abbey K.
Abbey K.
Mandeville, LA
4 years, 6 months ago
You can't really smell it after you rinse it out. I was worried my hair would smell horrible but it's not bad. If you're worried, put some heat protectant in after and you will be fine!
Jasmine A.
Jasmine A.
SOMERSET, NJ
4 years, 7 months ago
The smell doesn't really bother me, it doesn't seem to still smell after your hair has dried.