Neutrogena® T/Gel Daily Control® 2-in-1 Dandruff Shampoo Plus Conditioner uploaded by Macy O.Neutrogena® T/Gel Daily Control® 2-in-1 Dandruff Shampoo Plus Conditioner uploaded by Celia F.Neutrogena® T/Gel Daily Control® 2-in-1 Dandruff Shampoo Plus Conditioner uploaded by Mary J.

BY NEUTROGENA

Benefits

Our dermatologist-recommended formula fights dandruff while providing conditioner benefits for soft, healthy-looking hair. It’s developed with Pyrithione Zinc to help relieve itching and flaking. This 2-in-1 with Vitamin E helps moisturize both hair and scalp, and contains wheat proteins that are known to nourish and help protect hair from further damage.

Gentle enough to use daily, this non-drying formula cleanses the scalp and leaves you with soft, manageable hair in one simple step.

• Safe for color-treated hair
  • Clean rinsing
  • Gentle cleansing

HOW TO USE

Directions

• For best results, use at least twice a week or as directed by a doctor.
  • Wet hair thoroughly.
  • Massage a liberal amount into your scalp.
  • Leave lather on scalp for several minutes.
  • Rinse and repeat.

Active ingredient

Pyrithione Zinc 1% (Anti-dandruff, Anti-seborrheic Dermatitis)

Inactive ingredients

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, C12-13 Pareth-3, C12-13 Pareth-23, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG Propyl Silanetriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Amodimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Castor Isostearate Succinate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Acrylates Copolymer, DMDM Hydantoin, Blue 1, Fragrance.

Purpose

Anti-dandruff, Anti-seborrheic Dermatitis

Use Controls the symptoms of dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis.

Warnings: For external use only. Ask a doctor before use if you have a condition that covers a large area of the body. When using this product avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water. Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or does not improve after regular use of this product as directed. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

Directions For best results, use at least twice a week or as directed by a doctor. Wet hair thoroughly Massage a liberal amount into your scalp Leave lather on scalp for several minutes. Rinse and repeat.

• Been on the seemingly never-ending search for the BEST da...1 Answers
  • Does this treat bad dandruff well? I have tried everythin...2 Answers
  • I currently use Head&Shoulders, is this product better?2 Answers
Chelsie E.
Taylor Mill, KY
I started using this about a year ago and I’m pretty pleased. I like the packaging because it looks like a normal shampoo bottle. I purchased this at Kroger because I found the best price there. I like this shampoo for helping to tame my psoriasis in my scalp. I use it 2 times a week and let it soak in my scalp for about 5-7 minutes while in the shower. When I rinse my hair it feels soft and the smell isn’t too bad either. I wouldn’t say that it completely gets rid of my dandruff, but it helps it from getting out of control.
Jodi F.
Corinth, TX
Ok. I’m gonna get really honest. I have psoriasis on my scalp and have tried EVERY medication, shampoo out there. I have used this for about 5 years and it ALWAYS clears my scalp up. Seriously nothing else works.
sofia r.
This works for getting rid of dandruff, however it smells like tar, and would definitely recommend using a different conditioner, not just using that on all of your head and being done.
Winnie C.
El Paso, TX
I've tried the Neutrogena T/Gel Daily Control shampoo multiple times, however I still cannot get pass the Tar smell! For a dandruff shampoo it works well and it does it's job by preventing any flare ups. My mom uses this product daily and she loves it! She keeps bugging me to use it more and even bought me my own bottle. Unfortunately, I cannot get pass the tar smell! If you're using this product, I recommend combining it with another conditioner so that your hair won't have such a tarry smell!
Kare B.
Bronx, NY
Great product! I've had dandruff when I get stressed for years and this product cleared it up. When I'm on exams or in a stressful periods my dandruff just appears, it's no so heavy but it's disgusting so I use it 2 or 3 times a week and really let it soak into my scalp for several minutes. Seriously, it really helps. I try not to use it every day or for too long periods because I think it dries my hair... Also the i love the smell is really,
fresh. After use it my hair feels very light
Maria G.
I really love this product for dandruff control. I do have curly/dry hair and therefore don’t use shampoo very often but once a month a dissolve some with water and it’s great. It smell clean and does it’s job. It’s very easy to find in any drugstore that sells Neutrogena. According to the Think Dirty app, it is high in Methylparaben and Propylparaben. I would recommend searching for a cleaner option if the intention is to use more frequently than I do.
Berenika K.
I have been struggling with dandruff for years. The highly popular and advertised Head and shoulders does not work for me at all! So I tried the Neutrogena T-Gel therapeutic shampoo. Though it did the job the smell is awful and it stays in your hair for a very long time. It also left my hair very dry and tangled. Then, I came across this 2in1 Neutrogena shampoo and decided to give it a try only based on the effectiveness of the other shampoo and surprisingly I like it a lot. The smell is soooo much better and it doesn't dry out my hair as much as the other shampoo. It actually leaves my hair fairly soft. The biggest pro: if you use it at least once a week your dandruff will eventually disappear. The cons: just as with the other shampoo it does irritate my scalp making it awfully itchy and I do use another conditioner after I wash my hair with this shampoo to make my hair softer as I would have a hard time detangling it afterwards.
Cassandra S.
Hampton, VA
When I had bright red hair I didn't wash it often so that I could keep the color vibrant. Because of this I had really bad dandruff going on, think of the scene in The Breakfast Club with Allison shaking her hair to create the snow on her drawing, that's how bad it was. I was searching online for a quick, easy way to get rid of the dandruff and was led to this product. I immediately bought it from my local Walmart. I followed the directions until I saw there wasn't anymore dandruff then completely stopped using it to see if it really worked (usually anti-dandruff shampoos like Head and Shoulders don't really get rid of the dandruff they just "glue" it to your scalp) and was pleasantly surprised to see it had actually worked. I went blonde and didn't have anymore dandruff problems. Until I went red again of course then I used this once or twice and it would clear it up right away. Best part is that you don't need much to get it going so it lasted me quite awhile, I actually still have my bottle and it's half full. I know there's a lot of talk about the smell but I didn't have a problem with it.
Shaiyse G.
Fayetteville, NC
I have a love-hate relationship with this product. A few years back, while I was still relaxing my hair, I was having issues with extreme dandruff. Due in part, to my box relaxers I was doing myself, and the horrible diet I had. Anyway, my aunt recommended that I try Nizoral shampoo. Well, when I went to purchase the shampoo, it was sold out. Usually I would have tried a few more stores. But I was exhausted that day and really didn't want to spend $20 on a tiny bottle. I noticed the Neutrogena T Gel in the slot right next door to the empty slot for the Nizoral so I checked out the uses and it matched to the tee. I was even more thrilled about the T Gel because the price was essentially a third of the price of Nizoral. I read that the active ingredient was tar, but I didn't know exactly what that meant so I wasn't bothered by it. I excitedly purchased it and went home to give it a try. I WAS NOT READY. This stuff is potent. The smell was so obnoxious that it literally set my nose ablaze! It doesn't exactly go away, either. But, alas. The relief I felt from the shampoo was noteworthy. It calmed the itching and subsided the dandruff, but only for a few days. I used what I had purchased but I haven't bought it since. I'd recommend it if you need relief fast but if you have a weak stomach, it is not for you!
Elizabeth O.
Lake Ariel, PA
I have had dandruff for as long as I can remember. I've tried head and shoulders, and the knock-off brands of T/Gel and nothing else works like this does. I use T/Gel every time I wash my hair and it has completely stopped my itchy scalp and dandruff flakes. The smell is HORRIBLE but I've found a way around it. After shampooing your hair with T/Gel just use a little of regular shampoo throughout your whole head,rise immediately and then condition normally. It gets rid of the smell and keeps the dandruff and itching away. The other con I've saw with this shampoo is that you always have to use it. about two washes after you stop the dandruff and itching comes back worse than ever. It's not the ideal situation when you're a broke college student, haha!
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA
Does the smell of it bother you?
Evelyn D.
Largo, FL
How do you guys like this product? Is it better than head & Shoulders?
Sarah M.
Sydenham, ON
Does anyone have scalp psoriasis and find this product helps?
Ixhon A.
Maplewood , NJ
How much does this product retail for? Where can I purchase it ?
Destiny W.
Detroit, MI
I have really bad dandruff. Does this work well for severe dandruff and does it smell good?

Kohl's