BY NEUTROGENA

MicroClear® Technology Blemish Treatment with Salicylic Acid Won t clog pores. Hypoallergenic Controls shine with natural-looking coverage Rapidly cuts through oil for fast acne relief Questions? ; see more...

Neutrogena SkinClearing Oil-Free Makeup
  • "I have dry acne prone skin, so I never thought I would be able to wear make up without irritating my face even more than it already was, but this foundation actually helped clear my skin, and even though its oil free it helped hydrate my skin as well." in 11 reviews
  • "When I first started using this, I noticed right away that my acne was going away faster (though I still DID have acne appear) It has great coverage too!" in 9 reviews
  • "but i never have this problem with this product and it covers and works very well and matches my skin tone to a T highly reccomended very pricey though" in 8 reviews
  • "I really like this foundation because it's a non-oily light to meduim coverage foundation, but it definitely doesn't have enough Salicylic Acid in it to really clear skin." in 6 reviews
  • "I use this every day to cover my blemishes, dark spots, and red spots because it does its job of hiding them." in 6 reviews
Brianna X.
Somerville, MA
I really wanted to like this. I have acne and the thought of having foundation that could clear my skin is literally a dream come true. It worked quite well when I used it for spot coverage it worked great and I liked the results. However, when I applied foundation to my entire face it cracked and flaked and looked just awful. I have combo skin and it really clung visibly to my dry spots and make them look worse than they already were.

Maybe if I had VERY oily skin with absolutely no dry spots, it would work better?

If you're looking for almost like a concealer or have VERY oily skin, then this product is for you, but in terms of a foundation to wear all day on your entire face or have combo/normal/dry skin, I would suggest another product.
May W.
This is the first foundation I purchased in my life. I have tried tons of different brands of foundations in these years, including high end and drugstore. I came back to this foundation this summer by accident and it reminded me how much i used to like it. And right now, I love it more! I have really bad acnes on my cheeks. It does not break me out at all. i got oily skin in summer. it stop the oil coming out and it lasts all day! It's working even much better than my high end foundation! I love it so much! Btw, I wear my blue lizard sunscreen instead of primer under it. That's the only sunscreen does not break me out and keep my foundation in the place!I love the combination of the 2 products!
Denisha O.
Hanover, PA
I used this while my face was peeling from a horrible sunburn I had received during my summer vacation hoping that it would hide the fact that my face was two different shades. I was surprised that it did a perfect job at hiding the difference but even more impressed when I removed the makeup to find that the makeup itself had removed a layer of burnt skin. I wore it for a few more days and by the end of the week my skin was back to its original shade. I absolutely love this product. I'm not sure if it works for all skin colors and types. Mine is a medium and it's oily. So for anyone who has a sun burn like I had I definitely recommend this product!!!
Alyssa B.
New Carlisle , OH
I bought this product because it says it helps with acne (I have very mild acne). It applies decently I would just apply it in small layers. If you have dry skin DO NOT buy this unless you moisturize a lot, I have a few dry spots and it clings to my dry skin so badly and gets splotchy so I have to make sure I loaded up on moisturizer for the day if I plan on wearing this. I don't think it oxides very much, and it gives me a matte finish which is something I'm always after. Overall I'd say it's a 3/5 because it's a decent product. Not my favorite by any means but I don't hate it. It's pretty average besides the super drying affect.
breawna L.
Ft Mitchell, KY
This foundation has its ups and downs on the upside it's fairly cheap and it's good for people with oily skin like me but while using this product it can be hard to find your correct skin color with the right undertones because u could be a fair skin color with yellowish undertones and when you would buy a fair foundation and or powder you would look orange and Cakey so I would say if your low on money and you don't have slot of acne you should try this product but in my case I'm going to have to buy a more expensive foundation
Nancy A.
Mokena, IL
This doesn't have enough coverage and sure, some might say that it's build-able but that just means ur using more product and the bottle is already tiny enough. I struggle with acne myself and I didn't see this doing much for me, I recommend the using the Mario Budescu drying lotion before you go to sleep and when you wake up rinse it off with a cleanser like the Clean and Clear gentle face cleanser then put on a acne fighting moisturizer before your makeup like the Murad one.
Claudia N.
Review for: Honey
I am so happy for discovering this foundation. I have been dealing with acne and blemishes for the past two years and I have also spent tons of money with expensive foundations. Neutrogena Skin Clearing have literally changed my life! I wear it everyday to work and my skin looks great all day long. Besides that, my acne has gotten so much better! My natural skin tone has gotten more even and glowie and I have saved a lot of money since I decided to stick with this product.
christiana m.
Corp Christi, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
This foundation I've been using for years I have oily acne prone skin and it always leaves my skin fresh and cleaner when I take it off. The salicylic acid in the foundation helps clear my skin and spf protects it from the Sun. I convinced my mother who's 60 to buy it (I'm 22) and she loved it and that's because she is a Lancome makeup lover. 😊 It is the perfect foundation for any age only downside is that it will smear in the heat but nothing a little powder can't fix.
Bao Nghi N.
Redlands, CA
My favorite foundation! Never would I have imagined that I could stand (let alone want to!) wearing a foundation without the climatic fear of it breaking out my skin. Well no more! I've used this product for over a year and it has shown its uses in both making my face look flawless without it being oily or super drying and more importantly, has not caused ANY breakouts whatsoever. I am in love with this product and will continue to use it for the rest of my lifetime.
Christina K.
Phoenix , AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been struggling with very severe hormonal acne, which was aggravated by bobbi brown foundation. My dermatologist specifically recommended this product. Fortunately, this product does not seem to aggravate my breakouts any further. The coverage and consistency are also surprisingly good for a drugstore brand. My only issue is that the colors are totally off, and none seem to match my skin tone at all. All the shades I tested in the store seemed way too pink.
Melissa C.
Kyle, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has this product help clear up your acne???
Brittany L.
Escanaba, MI
My skin breaks out easily. I can't even wear a bb cream for a day without breaking out. I know a lot of people say it doesn't clog pores, and it didn't make their skin any worse but I'm just making sure. If you have bad acne and breakout easily and have tried this product did it make you break out?
Anna H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this really cover up an acne breakout well?
Jessica P.
What's the best way to apply this? Fingers, brush, bb?
Alysha L.
GOLDTHWAITE, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have combination skin and acne prone skin what is the coverage?