BY NEUTROGENA #19 in Acne Treatments

Benefits:

Natural coverage for clearing breakouts. Meet the first and only liquid foundation formulated with MicroClear® Technology, scientifically shown to dissolve oil and help boost delivery of salicylic acid to the source of breakouts, for fast results. Its natural-looking coverage is great for use on oily, combination and even sensitive skin and won’t clog pores. So it not only treats blemishes, it helps prevent emerging breakouts, control shine and provides natural coverage with a breathable feel.

Now available in 14 beautifully matched shades designed to work across all skin tones. In fact, in a consumer test 100% of women found their perfect match.

How To Use :

• Cleanse the skin thoroughly before applying medication.
  • Cover the entire affected area with a thin layer 1 to 3 times daily.
  • Because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to 2 or 3 times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor.
  • If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to every other day.

APPLICATION TIP :

• For a flawless look, dab makeup lightly onto face, then blend using gentle strokes in an upward and outward motion.
  • Make sure to blend along your jawline for an overall even appearance.

Active ingredient :

Salicylic Acid 0.5%

Inactive ingredients :

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Methyl Trimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Synthetic wax, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Magnesium Sulfate, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Dimethicone Copolyol, Polysilicone-11, Cetyl Lactate, Cyclomethicone, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Silica Silylate, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Silica, Ethylene Brassylate, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Dimethicone, Benzalkonium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Pantothenic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.
May Also Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Talc, Iron Oxides.

Purpose

Acne medication

Uses
For the treatment of acne.

Warnings :
For external use only.
When using this product
skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

Directions :
clean the skin thoroughly before applying this product
cover the entire affected area with a thin layer one to three times daily
because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor
if bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day.

Other information:  Store at Room Temperature

• How long would you say until you can see an improvement o...2 Answers
  • What is the finish and how does it hold up?2 Answers
  • is this good foundation for oily skin as well? i don’t wa...1 Answers
Neutrogena® SkinClearing Oil-Free Makeup
  • "I have dry acne prone skin, so I never thought I would be able to wear make up without irritating my face even more than it already was, but this foundation actually helped clear my skin, and even though its oil free it helped hydrate my skin as well." in 11 reviews
  • "When I first started using this, I noticed right away that my acne was going away faster (though I still DID have acne appear) It has great coverage too!" in 9 reviews
  • "but i never have this problem with this product and it covers and works very well and matches my skin tone to a T highly reccomended very pricey though" in 8 reviews
  • "I really like this foundation because it's a non-oily light to meduim coverage foundation, but it definitely doesn't have enough Salicylic Acid in it to really clear skin." in 6 reviews
  • "I have sensitive, combination skin and does not cause me to break out and keeps my skin from appearing oily throughout the day." in 6 reviews
Caytlyn G.
I just started using this foundation in the color natural ivory. I usual get makeup in ivory but their foundation in that color looks like it has an orange tone and i didn't want that for my face. I did however get the powder in ivory. I suffer from horrible acne and acne scars and I'm really liking that i can put this all over my face without worrying that I'm going to get 3 pimples from doing so lol. The coverage is not full, it's more medium. You could say it builds, but I feel that it doesn't that much. I do wish there was another way to get the product out of the bottle though. When I'm in a hurry in the mornings i don't like taking most of my time banging the bottle like ketchup to get it out. However, this is my foundation forever now. It works for me.
Priscilla H.
HESPERIA, CA
As someone who has had adult acne for 4 years this has to be the best thing I have stumbled upon as far as makeup for acne and sensitive skin. There is so many great things about this product I mean the coverage is perfect, not too much not too little. And it does this all well keeping those active ingredients working to fight that acne until it gets rid of it. You don't have to worry about "oh my gosh is going to clog my pores". Or if you're like me and have sensitive skin you don't have to worry about putting makeup on top of your acne will make it worse. If I could give this a hundred Stars I would! AMAZING!
mika//미카 H.
Hilo, HI
Review for: Nude 40 more...
I bought this product because of the claims. I have acne prone skin and oily skin. It works perfectly for both! I haven’t gotten any breakout because of this product. I can wear this all day without having to worry about a new pimple springing up. The only thing is that the bottle is so small but there is 1 fluid oz of product which is the typical amount in most foundations. I love that there is a range of different shades. There arent that much darker shades which is sad. If they added in more shades here and there, I think this would be a perfect product for everyone!!
Larri J.
Salyersville, KY
I really like this product but it wasn't mind blowing! I don't really have much pros or cons to say about it, it's not a product I use often, it may work different for some people but I wasn't totally sold. Since it's cheap I'd recommend buying just to try if nothing else it can always be used as a back up for a product you run out of. I paid like $10 for it which definitely isn't a bad price, but like I said it's not one of my go to products & I don't have much negative or positive to say about it.
Brenna G.
Foxborough, MA
Review for: Natural Ivory more...
I bought this foundation because I was getting really bad breakouts and I wanted a way to cover them while also treating them. This foundation didn't break me out and gave me a natural finish to my skin. Over time I believe it helped clear my acne. I sometimes work 12 hour days and it stayed put for the most part during my nursing shifts. The only negative I have is that it comes out of the bottle really slow. I wish it came in a pump, but other than that I would repurchase.
Christine G.
Davenport, IA
Review for: Natural Beige more...
This makeup worked well to not cause any breakouts from my makeup! Definitely a great foundation if you find your makeup is the culprit for your breakouts. It also helps to keep oil at bay and is very mattifying. However, the coverage was just NOT there. I mean, if this is for people with acne shouldn't it have the coverage factor built into the formula? Overall, it did what it claimed to do! However, I look for coverage in my foundations and this did not work.
Talley C.
Augusta, GA
Review for: Fresh Beige more...
I use this as a concealer if I have a particularly angry pimple and I don't want to aggravate it during the day. Other foundations would suffocate the pore and add to the problem. With this makeup I can feel confident that I'm still addressing the underlying acne issue while I go about my day. Then at night, I can return to my regular acne treatments. It provides good coverage and if I layer it with a powder foundation, that really helps set it and blend in.
alyssa z.
Review for: Natural Beige more...
I was searching for a foundation that wouldn't make my skin breakout and decided to give this one a try. I don't breakout after I use this product but I wouldn't say it cleared up my skin. If I use it daily my skin does get dry. The coverage isn't that great but it does even out your skin tone pretty well. I use it occasionally now when I have a breakout because I feel less guilty using this product than a heavy coverup or oily foundation.
Jessica B.
Review for: Nude 40 more...
This wasn’t too bad. It seems a lot thinner than my usual go to foundation but it felt nice on my skin. Not as heavy or caked. As in any makeup if you don’t wash it off you are bound to get breakouts but I believe the lightness of this definitely made it easier to wash off. I would use this as a daily use, but if I was at a wedding or somewhere I knew I was going to be getting heavy pics taken I would go with something with more coverage
Stephanie M.
Waverly
This is a really good foundation. The shade is great and I like that it doesn't show alot of texture or my pores. It doesn't have a scent and feels nice on my skin leaving a smooth appearance. I haven't used it long enough to know if it helps with acne or blemishes but it hasn't caused any so far. However I give it 4 stars because it doesn't have a pump or an applicator to apply it with. I know that's kind of petty but it's my personal preference. It is easy to apply with a beauty blender though but I hope they will add a pump or wand type applicator. I would still recommend it!
Melissa C.
Austin, TX
Has this product help clear up your acne???
Brittany L.
Escanaba
My skin breaks out easily. I can't even wear a bb cream for a day without breaking out. I know a lot of people say it doesn't clog pores, and it didn't make their skin any worse but I'm just making sure. If you have bad acne and breakout easily and have tried this product did it make you break out?
Jessica P.
What's the best way to apply this? Fingers, brush, bb?
Anna H.
Does this really cover up an acne breakout well?
Abigail G.
Olivet, MI
What way does everyone else apply this makeup?