Neutrogena SkinClearing Oil-Free Makeup uploaded by Kendra H.Neutrogena SkinClearing Oil-Free Makeup uploaded by Kendra H.Neutrogena SkinClearing Oil-Free Makeup uploaded by Nancy R.See all 37 photos
17 colors available

BY NEUTROGENA

MicroClear® Technology Blemish Treatment with Salicylic Acid Won t clog pores. Hypoallergenic Controls shine with natural-looking coverage Rapidly cuts through oil for fast acne relief Questions? ; see more...

• What is the finish and how does it ho...This is a medium to full cover... 2 Answers
  • could anyone help me to find the righ...Be the first to answer!
  • Can I please get a sample of this.It is good foundation but it i... 1 Answers
Photos (36)
  • "I have dry acne prone skin, so I never thought I would be able to wear make up without irritating my face even more than it already was, but this foundation actually helped clear my skin, and even though its oil free it helped hydrate my skin as well." in 11 reviews
  • "When I first started using this, I noticed right away that my acne was going away faster (though I still DID have acne appear) It has great coverage too!" in 9 reviews
  • "but i never have this problem with this product and it covers and works very well and matches my skin tone to a T highly reccomended very pricey though" in 8 reviews
  • "I really like this foundation because it's a non-oily light to meduim coverage foundation, but it definitely doesn't have enough Salicylic Acid in it to really clear skin." in 6 reviews
  • "I use this every day to cover my blemishes, dark spots, and red spots because it does its job of hiding them." in 6 reviews
Brianna X.
Brianna X.
Somerville, MA
I really wanted to like this. I have acne and the thought of having foundation that could clear my skin is literally a dream come true. It worked quite well when I used it for spot coverage it worked great and I liked the results. However, when I applied foundation to my entire face it cracked and flaked and looked just awful. I have combo skin and it really clung visibly to my dry spots and make them look worse than they already were.

Maybe if I had VERY oily skin with absolutely no dry spots, it would work better?

If you're looking for almost like a concealer or have VERY oily skin, then this product is for you, but in terms of a foundation to wear all day on your entire face or have combo/normal/dry skin, I would suggest another product.
May W.
May W.
This is the first foundation I purchased in my life. I have tried tons of different brands of foundations in these years, including high end and drugstore. I came back to this foundation this summer by accident and it reminded me how much i used to like it. And right now, I love it more! I have really bad acnes on my cheeks. It does not break me out at all. i got oily skin in summer. it stop the oil coming out and it lasts all day! It's working even much better than my high end foundation! I love it so much! Btw, I wear my blue lizard sunscreen instead of primer under it. That's the only sunscreen does not break me out and keep my foundation in the place!I love the combination of the 2 products!
Denisha O.
Denisha O.
Hanover, PA
I used this while my face was peeling from a horrible sunburn I had received during my summer vacation hoping that it would hide the fact that my face was two different shades. I was surprised that it did a perfect job at hiding the difference but even more impressed when I removed the makeup to find that the makeup itself had removed a layer of burnt skin. I wore it for a few more days and by the end of the week my skin was back to its original shade. I absolutely love this product. I'm not sure if it works for all skin colors and types. Mine is a medium and it's oily. So for anyone who has a sun burn like I had I definitely recommend this product!!!
Alyssa B.
Alyssa B.
New carlisle, OH
I bought this product because it says it helps with acne (I have very mild acne). It applies decently I would just apply it in small layers. If you have dry skin DO NOT buy this unless you moisturize a lot, I have a few dry spots and it clings to my dry skin so badly and gets splotchy so I have to make sure I loaded up on moisturizer for the day if I plan on wearing this. I don't think it oxides very much, and it gives me a matte finish which is something I'm always after. Overall I'd say it's a 3/5 because it's a decent product. Not my favorite by any means but I don't hate it. It's pretty average besides the super drying affect.
Leah T.
Leah T.
River Falls, WI
My skin gets really tan in the summer and really pale in the winter, which usually means that I need to have a few different shades of foundation. I've always liked liquid better than powder because it's easier to blend and spread out. Neutrogena, while I'm not a fan of some of their products, makes a really great liquid foundation. It works well over dry winter skin, and reduces shine in the summer. It blends easily with other brands and other types of makeup.The only thing to watch out for is the creases- if you use a thicker layer in the area around your mouth or your eyes, it can sometimes get a little bit caked.
Fernanda c.
Fernanda c.
Azusa, CA
I was on the hunt for a foundation that was made to not cause break outs and i bought this one with a bit of acne treatment built into it. This just want the foundation for me. I'm sad to say thati have a couple of negative things to say about this foundation. The fist is the shade range, there is huge gaps between colors therefore i had to but two shades to try and match my color, also the bottle states that the foundation is oil free and i am oily and it just made me look way to shiny, it was unnatural , lastly is the scent of acid, i have had facial scrubs that smell less than this. it was too much for me,
Erica S.
Erica S.
Sarver, PA
This foundation has really good coverage. Ive used it for years. It's also not too heavy to wear in the summer months. It doesn't go on oily. Sometimes I wear powder over it, just to set the color, and it holds really nice. It's great for concealing small blemishes too. My favorite thing about this makeup is that it has a special formula to treat and prevent breakouts. This is important to me because I suffer from adult acne. Overall the price is good for this product, and it's really easy to find at stores. I would recommend this to friends, and I would definitely buy this product again.
Katrina R.
Katrina R.
When I was using this I was in high school and had really bad acne. Mostly cystic. I have to say nothing broke out my skin even MORE than using this foundation! I also noticed that the foundation oxidized pretty quickly and became orange which was disappointing. It was difficult to cover redness from acne with this and just over all a real disappointment. I was hoping it would have cleared up my skin at least a little but that wasn't the case for me. Now that I am not longer a teenager I don't really have acne but if I broke out again, I would definitely stay away from this product.
Allie F.
Allie F.
Kane, Pa
I love Neutrogena makeup. As far as I've heard it is one of the healthiest makeup lines for your skin. I love their skin clearing foundation. It is a night consistency and doesn't feel caked on my skin. It stays in place most of the day and doesn't bleed. Also, it doesn't clog my pores as much as other foundation. I use this in conjunction with Neutrogena's acne system for stress acne. When I use these together my skin feels great! I would give it 5 stars if I could just find a shade to match my skin a little bit better but the shade I have does the trick for now!
Laurelaine M.
Laurelaine M.
Bradenton, FL
Just bought this foundation, and I am so happy with it! I have problem skin (acne prone and oily, but still dry) and my skin was breaking out so badly from my last foundation. So when I saw that this helped clear up acne, I thought I should at least try it. It has significantly cleared up my skin, and it's very lightweight. The only thing negative is that when you start using it, the coverage doesn't quite cut it if you have really bad acne. But once it clears it up, the coverage is perfect for a natural look. I would still give 5/5 stars!
Melissa C.
Melissa C.
Kyle, TX
Has this product help clear up your acne???
Brittany L.
Brittany L.
Escanaba, MI
My skin breaks out easily. I can't even wear a bb cream for a day without breaking out. I know a lot of people say it doesn't clog pores, and it didn't make their skin any worse but I'm just making sure. If you have bad acne and breakout easily and have tried this product did it make you break out?
Jessica P.
Jessica P.
What's the best way to apply this? Fingers, brush, bb?
Anna H.
Anna H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this really cover up an acne breakout well?
Abigail G.
Abigail G.
Niles, MI
What way does everyone else apply this makeup?