BY NEUTROGENA

Neutrogena shine control primer helps makeup apply more smoothly and last longer, while optical modifiers help minimize the look of pores. Can be worn alone or under foundation. This lightweight, non-greasy formula with patent-pending rice protein technology acts like a sponge to absorb excess oil so skin stays shine-free and fresh looking all day. . Works perfectly with neutrogena shine control makeup & shine control powder. . -8 hour shine control with or without makeup -extends the wear of makeup -matte finish -won't over dry skin or clog pores â see more...

• Is this really worth $12? How does it make your face feel? Does i...1 Answers
  • I have oily skin and it's really annoying whenever I have makeup ...1 Answers
  • Does the shine control last all day or does it ne... Be the first to answer!
Neutrogena Shine Control Primer
  • "The only downside is that it gives you that white complex, since it's using rice protein, so make sure to use a tinted moisturizer, a foundation, or a powder foundation on top of it; you can't use it alone. " in 1 review
  • "I have acne prone, oily skin and it keeps my face matte and very flawless looking." in 1 review
  • "Healthy for your skin, helps fight acne, and helps keep you skin free!" in 1 review
  • "Works best with the setting powder that is sold in the same collection! " in 1 review
  • "Keeps your makeup looking fresh and LOVE this. " in 1 review
Michele W.
Des Moines , IA
I’ve seen a ton of rave reviews for this so I thought I’d try it out. When you have really oily skin, anything that says it’s matte and keeps the shine away, you’re willing to try. Plus it was only $10 at Target so I thought why not? When I put it on, it has these grainy things in it. I wasn’t sure if it was from the “rice formula” they use or what, but I didn’t like that. I also didn’t think it lasted very long. I still had to powder my t zone just as much as if i was using a regular primer. My personal opinion, it’s not that great. But there have been others that have used it with great results. Maybe I just got a bad tube, I don’t know, but I’m not willing to buy another one to find out.
Faye C.
Framingham
I was super excited to try this out - when you have oily skin, anything that promises to keep your makeup matte and not shiney all day is worth a shot! Upon application I found that the consistancy was very grainy (not something I want under my foundation). As the day went on, I felt that my pores were too clogged, I felt very oily, and had to blot more often than usual. I stopped using this primer before it could cause a breakout.
Radha A.
Plano, TX
This was my favorite primer for a while. It has a very nice texture, and kept my makeup on for a while. I did have to blot very often while I was using it however. Since it’s main niche is shine control, I found this to be a problem.
haley m.
I love this primer! Neutrogena always kills it! This primer is grainy and made with rice protein. Great for oily or combination skin! I love this primer so much it also smells tropical or like mangos! Please go get yourself this.
Jonina S.
A must pre-make up regime or no make up regime. Smell is pleasant, goes on clear. I have shine issues and more than helps keep my oil blotting down to 1 time during the day without me sweating. Gives a lite matte feel.
Crystal M.
I did not really like the texture when applying. I actually feel like this product made my face break out and had a very oily effect to it. Did not feel as if it hydrated my face at all. I would not recommend this product.
s v.
I use this product daily. It's so light and smells really good. Not at all oily or clog filling. it's more like a very light lotion. It smells really good because of its rice protein. I'm out and need to buy more haha
Kendra N.
Dallas
This primer is truly amazing for people with oily skin. I absolutely love this primer. I use this product without using makeup over it. My skin feels like a gease ball throughout the day without using this primer.
Nicole N.
Hopatcong, NJ
I purchased this product at Walmart to try to cover up my oily skin, and I can't really say it did that, but I haven't found a primer that has, I like that this primer isn't greasy feeling like most primers, but it has kind of a weird gritty texture to it. I am not sure if I would recommend this, but it is not very expensive, so I guess it's worth a try.
Ellie G.
Neutrogena is usually my go-to brand for makeup products going directly on my skin, below the powder level. I was not thrilled with this primer. I live in a very humid climate, and it gets pilly and uneven with any amount of sweat. It didn’t make my skin feel smooth or look polished beneath my makeup. I gave it two stars because it did diminish shine.
Ashley D.
I have been using this primer to control the oil and shine on my face. If I don't, my makeup melts off by noon. Even with this product, several touch-ups are necessary thought out the day. Has anyone found a better primer for EXTREMELY oily skin?
Tika T.
Does this really control your oily skin? I was looking for a primer that will make my face matte.
Is this primer good to stay mate?
Brynn W.
Boise, ID
Will this keep an oily t zone at bay? Otherwise what do you suggest?
Renata A.
Is it worth it? I'm extra oily and needs something that will keep me matte!!!!