BY NEUTROGENA

Benefits

Get a fresh start. Our oily skin primer helps your makeup to go on smoother and last longer, while optical modifiers help minimize the look of pores. This lightweight, non-greasy formula with rice protein technology acts like a sponge to absorb excess oil so skin stays shine-free and fresh looking all day. And it works perfectly with Neutrogena® Shine Control Makeup & Shine Control Powder. It’s full makeup coverage for oily skin.

• 8 hour shine control primer with or without makeup
  • Matte finish that reduces the appearance of pores
  • Won't over dry skin or clog pores

HOW TO USE

• Apply all over face after moisturizer and before foundation.

Ingedients
Water, Dimethicone, Methyl Trimethicone, Silica, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Silica Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane

May contain: Mica, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide

• Is this really worth $12? How does it make your face feel? Does i...1 Answers
  • I have oily skin and it's really annoying whenever I have makeup ...1 Answers
  • Does the shine control last all day or does it ne... Be the first to answer!
Neutrogena® Shine Control Primer
  • "primer mattifying with rice protein that helps to give a matte finish to the face controlling the appearance of the shine in the house by the excess of fat in the face." in 131 reviews
  • "i love nuetrogena...they are amazing. i will have to take a look into this product. i have oily skin and i hate how oily wearing makeup can make me at times. i will definitely have to try and buy this product. i love that it has acne fighting properties. i am thoroughly intrigued. " in 11 reviews
  • "this primer is rice based. it helps matteify the skin especially if you have oily skin. it works like a bb cream but without the foundation stuff. so it can be worn without make up while it helps your face looking matte" in 3 reviews
  • "Works best with the setting powder that is sold in the same collection! " in 1 review
  • "Keeps your makeup looking fresh and LOVE this. " in 1 review
Michele W.
Des Moines , IA
I’ve seen a ton of rave reviews for this so I thought I’d try it out. When you have really oily skin, anything that says it’s matte and keeps the shine away, you’re willing to try. Plus it was only $10 at Target so I thought why not? When I put it on, it has these grainy things in it. I wasn’t sure if it was from the “rice formula” they use or what, but I didn’t like that. I also didn’t think it lasted very long. I still had to powder my t zone just as much as if i was using a regular primer. My personal opinion, it’s not that great. But there have been others that have used it with great results. Maybe I just got a bad tube, I don’t know, but I’m not willing to buy another one to find out.
Faye C.
Framingham
I was super excited to try this out - when you have oily skin, anything that promises to keep your makeup matte and not shiney all day is worth a shot! Upon application I found that the consistancy was very grainy (not something I want under my foundation). As the day went on, I felt that my pores were too clogged, I felt very oily, and had to blot more often than usual. I stopped using this primer before it could cause a breakout.
∂αиιααα❤️ R.
Bealeton, VA
So i suffer from super oily skin , always :/ and i decoded to try this . First time i applied it it seemed like it had done the job . Days after using this the oil control didnt last too long . And if it does its just a little . It wasnt expensive so it was worth the try
haley m.
I love this primer! Neutrogena always kills it! This primer is grainy and made with rice protein. Great for oily or combination skin! I love this primer so much it also smells tropical or like mangos! Please go get yourself this.
Crystal M.
I did not really like the texture when applying. I actually feel like this product made my face break out and had a very oily effect to it. Did not feel as if it hydrated my face at all. I would not recommend this product.
Peyton R.
Hyde Park
Great primer. It really fills in your pores and creates a nice even and smooth surface to apply your foundation. Helps for my makeup to not look cakey and dry and makes it super easy to apply the foundation.
Ellie G.
Neutrogena is usually my go-to brand for makeup products going directly on my skin, below the powder level. I was not thrilled with this primer. I live in a very humid climate, and it gets pilly and uneven with any amount of sweat. It didn’t make my skin feel smooth or look polished beneath my makeup. I gave it two stars because it did diminish shine.
Jessica W.
I just bought this stuff and instantly fell in love! It’s perfect under my foundation and leaves makeup looking matte, but not caked on. Neutrogena® Shine Control Primer
Ashley V.
Sparks, NV
Reuse Reuse Reuse!! I will keep buying this product. Great for oily combo skin makes my makeup last all day.Matte finish which is what I look for when finding a primer. yes which helps as well I love that it has that added. I would recommend this to anybody who has oily skin and wants their makeup to stay on.
Courtney G.
Clermont , FL
I've used this for years! It works really well and does a great job on the skin! It's good on the skin and is very easy to apply. It's very long lasting! A little goes a long way with this. If you have oily skin and are looking for a primer, this is great!
Ashley D.
I have been using this primer to control the oil and shine on my face. If I don't, my makeup melts off by noon. Even with this product, several touch-ups are necessary thought out the day. Has anyone found a better primer for EXTREMELY oily skin?
Tika T.
Does this really control your oily skin? I was looking for a primer that will make my face matte.
Is this primer good to stay mate?
Brynn W.
Boise, ID
Will this keep an oily t zone at bay? Otherwise what do you suggest?
Renata A.
Is it worth it? I'm extra oily and needs something that will keep me matte!!!!