BY NEUTROGENA

Benefits

Get a fresh start. Our oily skin primer helps your makeup to go on smoother and last longer, while optical modifiers help minimize the look of pores. This lightweight, non-greasy formula with rice protein technology acts like a sponge to absorb excess oil so skin stays shine-free and fresh looking all day. And it works perfectly with Neutrogena® Shine Control Makeup & Shine Control Powder. It’s full makeup coverage for oily skin.

• 8 hour shine control primer with or without makeup
  • Matte finish that reduces the appearance of pores
  • Won't over dry skin or clog pores

HOW TO USE

• Apply all over face after moisturizer and before foundation.

Ingedients
Water, Dimethicone, Methyl Trimethicone, Silica, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Silica Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane

May contain: Mica, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide

Neutrogena® Shine Control Primer
  • "primer mattifying with rice protein that helps to give a matte finish to the face controlling the appearance of the shine in the house by the excess of fat in the face." in 131 reviews
  • "i love nuetrogena...they are amazing. i will have to take a look into this product. i have oily skin and i hate how oily wearing makeup can make me at times. i will definitely have to try and buy this product. i love that it has acne fighting properties. i am thoroughly intrigued. " in 11 reviews
  • "this primer is rice based. it helps matteify the skin especially if you have oily skin. it works like a bb cream but without the foundation stuff. so it can be worn without make up while it helps your face looking matte" in 3 reviews
  • "The only downside is that it gives you that white complex, since it's using rice protein, so make sure to use a tinted moisturizer, a foundation, or a powder foundation on top of it; you can't use it alone. " in 1 review
  • "Keeps your makeup looking fresh and LOVE this. " in 1 review
Michele W.
Des Moines , IA
I’ve seen a ton of rave reviews for this so I thought I’d try it out. When you have really oily skin, anything that says it’s matte and keeps the shine away, you’re willing to try. Plus it was only $10 at Target so I thought why not? When I put it on, it has these grainy things in it. I wasn’t sure if it was from the “rice formula” they use or what, but I didn’t like that. I also didn’t think it lasted very long. I still had to powder my t zone just as much as if i was using a regular primer. My personal opinion, it’s not that great. But there have been others that have used it with great results. Maybe I just got a bad tube, I don’t know, but I’m not willing to buy another one to find out.
Faye C.
Framingham
I was super excited to try this out - when you have oily skin, anything that promises to keep your makeup matte and not shiney all day is worth a shot! Upon application I found that the consistancy was very grainy (not something I want under my foundation). As the day went on, I felt that my pores were too clogged, I felt very oily, and had to blot more often than usual. I stopped using this primer before it could cause a breakout.
Whitney G.
Chattanooga
I heard so many good things about this primer from people with my same struggles. I decided to give it a shot and I have no idea what those people were talking about. This was a terrible primer for my combination-oily skin. It made my foundation look super dried out when I first applied it and it sweat all off in less than 2 hours. The texture was also very unappealing.
brenna f.
Cookeville
I hate this primer, it feels gritty when you start rubbing it onto your face and to me it interfers with the way foundation applies on top of it. Its a shine control primer but by the end of the day im still pretty shiny. This is pretty expensive for a drugstore primer and if it would have worked good that would be fine but to me this is not worth the price.
Danielle R.
Hewlett, NY
I apply this product every time I wear makeup. I love it and it does do what it is supposed to. My face no longer looks shiny or oily. Only downside was that it feels a little funky when I apply it it feels like grainy. it is kind of weird at first but I still continue to purchase it because I love it so much.
Cassie L.
United States
I've used this a couple times now and I'm not really impressed. I have oily skin so I was hoping it would take the shine away, however my forehead was still shiny later in the day and my whole face felt extremely oily, more than usual. I don't recommend this if you have oily skin.
∂αиιααα❤️ R.
Bealeton, VA
So i suffer from super oily skin , always :/ and i decoded to try this . First time i applied it it seemed like it had done the job . Days after using this the oil control didnt last too long . And if it does its just a little . It wasnt expensive so it was worth the try
Myia J.
When I need shine control for long wear, this is what I turn to. At first I was worried because it has a milky appearance after applying but after concealer and foundation application its hardly noticeable. I felt like it enhanced the longevity of wear for many of my foundations. The only drawback is for super hot humid days (I live in the south) I feel like it didn't last as long as it usually would. I do recommend this product though and would definitely repurchase.
haley m.
I love this primer! Neutrogena always kills it! This primer is grainy and made with rice protein. Great for oily or combination skin! I love this primer so much it also smells tropical or like mangos! Please go get yourself this.
Crystal M.
I did not really like the texture when applying. I actually feel like this product made my face break out and had a very oily effect to it. Did not feel as if it hydrated my face at all. I would not recommend this product.
Ashley D.
I have been using this primer to control the oil and shine on my face. If I don't, my makeup melts off by noon. Even with this product, several touch-ups are necessary thought out the day. Has anyone found a better primer for EXTREMELY oily skin?
Tika T.
Does this really control your oily skin? I was looking for a primer that will make my face matte.
Is this primer good to stay mate?
Brynn W.
Boise, ID
Will this keep an oily t zone at bay? Otherwise what do you suggest?
Renata A.
Is it worth it? I'm extra oily and needs something that will keep me matte!!!!