BY NEUTROGENA #26 in Toners & Astringents

Pore Refining Toner visibly reduces the appearance of pores and refines skin to be clear, smooth and more even toned. This Alpha and Beta Hydroxy formula is dermatologist tested to deliver visible results. First, it sweeps away dead surface skin and refines rough, uneven patches. Then, it penetrates deep into pores so they appear smaller and less visible.Skin is left feeling soft, smooth and refreshed.

• Won't overdry skin
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
  • Dermatologist tested

• This is gental enough to use everyday without irritating your ski...3 Answers
  • Best toner for big pores? I’ve been using Neutrogena Pore Refinin...1 Answers
Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner
  • "I have quite sensitive skin, and I have used it once a day for a few days now." in 7 reviews
Emily D.
I remember when this stuff was my go to back in the day of pimples and hormonal high school skin. Looking back and knowing now what I know about my skin and skin care in general, I think this probably did a bit more harm then good.

It's a good ASTRINGENT. By that I mean it is alcohol, and will burn any open parts of your skin and dry it out. So for me it made my skin produce more oil to make up for me trying to take all of the natural oils away and trying to clean it every day so harshly.

I still keep some on hand for if I have a bad pimple or an infected ingrown hair because it will disinfect the area and keep it clean and I think it's a little more gentle then straight rubbing alcohol.

For my everyday toner, I've switched to a witch hazel and rose water based toner that will shrink the pores and reduce redness without killing the oil production and drying my skin out.
Fatima O.
Tulsa, OK
Hey Guys and Girls I have been looking for a product line to help me with shrinking my pores ,and I came across this pore refining toner by Neutrogena!
And honestly I have fell in love with this bad boy!
The smell isn't too harsh like most Toners. It actually has a refreshing soft subtle smell to it . Nothing that would make you choke while cleaning your face.
The pros and cons
PROS
1. The product is affordable
2. Very available. You can find this in multiple store
3. Reliable , this product does exactly what it says it will do with consistency
CONS
1.This is very hard because NEUTROGENA has never really failed me and my skin care needs
2.It could use a pump for easy distribution.
3. I feel as if the packaging could be more eye catching.

Overall I give this product honestly a 4 out of 5 stars
if I count the overall appeal from the packaging to the use of the product.

Avvier M.
THE BEST TONER. A MUST HAVE. A SKIN CHANGING TONER. YES IT'S AMAZING!

Me having sensitive skin I've always struggled choosing something that would change my skin but also being not harsh as some drug store products. I came across this Neutrogena line AND IT HAS CHANGED MY SKIN SO MUCH. This toner is honestly something everyone should have because over time it changed the appearance of pores. After you have cleansed and you use this toner your skin feels refreshing! It won't over dry your skin. It has a pleasant smell to it. One thing I will say is if you use this product or any of this line PLEASE PLEASE USE SUNSCREEN! This toner and in conjunction of the rest of the products will make your skin sensitive to the sun.

I will attach a picture of how my skin looks now with me using this line.
Lia A.
Flint, MI
Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner!

Hello Beautiful,
My name is Lia Anderson. Today I'm writing a review for the Neutrogena Refining Toner. I just purchased this Toner last week from Rite-Aid for $6.99. I applied it for the first time 2 days ago and I love it!
I have a problem with dry skin on my face and by the cracks of my nose. So I used the Toner to Tone the dryness down. It did exactly what it's met to do and now my makeup looks flawless without the flaws. I definitely would recommend this Toner if you have the same problems as I do. But I also have learned when applying makeup there are steps.

1st Step - Wash your Face with Soap and Water
2nd Step - Apply a Toner
3rd Step- Apply a Moisturizer
4th Step- Apply a Face Primer
Now your face is ready for Makeup
Fatima G.
So far I'm enjoying this toner. I have noticed a much smaller number of outbreaks since he was using it. I was a bit hesitant because I have sensitive skin. However, with the exception of a little dryness (in case of glycolic and salicylic acids) my pores look smaller and my skin is looking smoother. Because I have dry skin superbly, especially in the winter, I only use it once a day at night before hydration. During the day he used a witch hazel free alcohol.

The only thing that bothers me about all this is the packaging. There is no factory seal under the cover. Therefore, replace the contents with some liquor and reject it for resale. When it comes to skin care products I always want to be sure that I am doing what I think I am getting and nothing false.
Jenny P.
This stuff is awesome! It helps to keep my pores clear of blackheads and small. I definitely noticed a change in my skin when I changed to a more acne targeting toner, which I didn't like bc this toner seems to help with acne since it gently exfoliates. I just love how this toner has alpha and beta hydroxy acids. They seem to exfoliate on a deeper level than physical exfoliants do, resulting in cleaner and clearer skin. Even after washing my face with my clarisonic, this toner helps to get the residual gunk left in my pores! (I can see the cotton pad change from white to slight brown... EWWW!) This toner is such a gem for its price range. It's definitely comparable to those more pricey clarifying toners that are sold in department stores.
Kat D.
Omg this stuff is my skin savior! I have oily skin that is prone to acne. I've been using this product for about a month now and I'm on my second bottle and my skin is just so much better. My pores I wouldn't say have drastically shrunken but my skin doesn't get as oily throughout the day anymore and my blemishes have subsided big time. I can't live without and will have back ups on hand at all times. I use this in the morning and night after cleansing my face and on my back sometimes if I have a really sweaty workout or if a couple acne marks start popping up which this basically zaps away. LOVE LOVE LOVE. HOLY GRAIL!
Hannah B.
For some background, I'm 20 and have pretty oily skin. I actually got this product from my mom because it didn't work well for her skin. She has drier, more mature skin and it dried her skin out (which is why I'm only giving this 4 stars). That being said, I love it for my skin. It doesn't overly irritate or dry out my skin and I can genuinely see a noticeable reduction in pore size around my nose and chin (my problem areas) when I use this for a few days. It feels nice on my skin and actually helps control my oil a little bit since it is kind of drying. Definitely recommend for combo/oily ladies like myself!
Nikole M.
Appleton, WI
I was given this product a couple years ago and was a little skeptical because I had never used a toner before but don't go a day without it. The product lasts a long time for the size of the bottle ! I love this toner but unfortunately the tag isn't all the greatest. I would have to say that's my only complaint about it though. The neutrogena products are all great and work amazingly together but also by themselves which is why I love this toner. I can add it into my regular routine which includes other brands of products. I noticed a significant difference since the very first week I used it.
Holly H.
San Diego, CA
This is my daily toner. I used to use it twice a day but I switched to just once at my bedtime because I was having some dryness and breaking out. Not sure if that was the culprit for that, but after I made that change and a few others, my face cleared up and my skin got healthier. So I use this after my nighttime cleansing and before I apply my serum and moisturizing cream. My skin does much better if I don't overdry it with acne products so I use just a few things and sparsely so I don't irritate and actually cause the problems I'm trying to prevent. Works for me. Thank You. :)
Bailey G.
Wrightwood, CA
Do you ladies actually notice a difference in pore size?
Ashley H.
Fairburn, GA
I have sensitive skin will this make my skin dry and red?
Rachel D.
El Monte, CA
For those who have oily skin like me, would you girls recommend this?
Lindsay G.
Hazleton, PA
I'm looking for a product to help me reduce the look of my pores on my nose especially, but something that will also be good to my sensitive, acne-prone skin. Does this actually work in reducing the look of pores? And is it okay to use for easily irritated, pimple prone skin?
Ramsha H.
Seattle, WA
Do you guys love the way it smells?