Add a Photo
Photos (53)
Samantha A.
Samantha A.
Holly Hill, FL

Normally I like to use the green facial cleanser for redness, because I suffer from acne, which gets really red and inflamed. It's my fav! But when I went to purchase it, the store was sold out and I really needed a cleanser, so I thought I'd give this one a go.

I've tried this cleanser in the past, and I couldn't remember my opinion on it, but it must not have been great, because I haven't used it since. Well, anyways, I've been using this lately and I think it's pretty drying. After use, I feel as though my skin is dehydrated. It feels tight and uncomfortable, so I quickly throw on a hydrating toner and moisturizer. So I'm not a huge fan of this one, but I didn't think it could differ so much from the green version.

I gave this 3 stars, though, because it does the job. I haven't noticed any breakouts, and it smells really fresh! I just can't stand how drying it is to my skin! I probably wouldn't recommend this to a friend or family member.
Natalie A.
Natalie A.

When I first bought this and tried it out, it broke me out like crazy in random areas on my face. I'm not usually prone to breakouts or acne, my skin is pretty clear. So that freaked me out. What I didn't realize was that this will break you out your first couple of uses because it's getting all the gunk out of your face. I stopped using it for a while, and when I started it up again, no breakouts. It does give you that tight/dry feeling when you're done washing your face, but I just follow it up with a moisturizer and I'm good to go. I know people talk about the smell, but I don't really smell anything when I use this. I like that it foams up when you wet it; it makes it easier to clean your face. As for how well it works for acne, I can't vouch for, since I'm not acne-prone. But as a day-to-day face wash for combo skin, I really like this and alternate between this and an Estee Lauder cleanser I have.
Cristy T.
Cristy T.

This leaves my skin feeling really smooth and soft and it keeps my boyfriend's acne under control. We use it every other day because we get lazy some days and I like to give my face a break. I don't like to put chemicals on my face everyday even though I should probably use it everyday for better results. I'm not acne prone but my boyfriend is and I think it really helps keep it under control for him. The only thing I don't like is the smell. It's grapefruit scented but the fruit smell is masked by the other ingredients. It's kind of more bitter.. not sure how to explain it but I don't like it when I'm washing my face with it. I would purchase again but not in this scent. I like that it's oil-free and it's been lasting us a long time. It was around $8 from target and I've had it for a year. Barely about halfway through the bottle, little goes a long way!
Grace R.
Grace R.
Choctaw, OK

I started using Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash about a week ago, along with Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel and within 2 days I could tell a huge difference! I would have been willing to leave the house without make-up, which is a big deal to me! These products together cleared my acne up quickly. The only reason I would not give this product 5 stars is because it dried out my face to an almost painful point. I went on day 3 and bought Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin and that helped alot. I have never considered myself to have sensitive skin, but the face wash and spot treatment made it sensitive to everything. I would recommend to anyone wanting to buy these products that they get a moisturizer, too.
Kristine M.
Kristine M.

So after I had my son my skin went into straight oil slick area and I had no clue how to deal with it. Countless high end products and hundreds of dollars later I decided to try this, I mean why not at this point right? It is amazing. It cleared my oil in a matter of days. Now, if I don't use it for a few days it all comes right back and then the battle begins again but with upkeep with it it solved all my oil problems. I cannot attest to whether or not it clears breakouts as I don't have any but it has worked paired with Neutrogena scrub to clear the blackheads on my nose. All in all this is one of the best products out there in my opinion. Try this before you spend 30 dollars on a different face wash
Wynonna I.
Wynonna I.
Vancouver, WA

Many people love this product and actually works for them, which is very nice. But it doesn't work well with me. During the first few days it prevented any new acne which I was so happy about, but after a few weeks it had gone worse. I was so confused why I was breaking out so much and tried to think which was the root cause. So I decided to take it out of my routine and after a few days my skin went back to normal. I have a very sensitive skin, which is probably the main reason why I had broken out. Till this day, I don't use any cleansers and just wash my face with only water and use Neutrogena Oil-free moisture for combination skin, which works quite nicely by the way.
Emma A.
Emma A.
Atlanta, GA

I struggled with breakouts during high school and especially once I started college. I tried everything, including pricey acne systems but nothing seemed to work. Until I tried this product. I actually started using the original version as this was before the pink grapefruit and it cleared my skin up within a week. I was so pleasantly surprised that I continued to use it exclusively for the next eight years until my skin started to change. I use a variety of different cleansers during the week depending on my issues, but the Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser has a place in the rotation for those days when I'm struggling with breakouts. I highly recommend!
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.

Before the pink grapefruit cleanser came around, I just used the standard version. I discovered this product in middle school, when acne was starting to become a problem. I've been in the beauty industry forever and have used HUNDREDS of cleansers - this has always been my go-to.

As soon as the pink grapefruit version existed....I knew it was meant for me.

It removes all of my makeup every time without being overly drying or oily, and doesn't leave any residue like soaps can.

I am now nowhere near middle school age, but occasionally get breakouts around that-time-of-the-month....this helps clear them up quickly.
Francheska M.
Francheska M.
Miami

Neutrogena oil-free Pink Grapefruit Acne wash Facial Cleanser has worked very well to leave my skin soft and fresh.. I spent a lot of time looking for a produt that will not leave my face dry and was when this tube is very good and lasts a lot. This kit is my night routine is my favorite Neutrogena I consider myself a loyal buyer of their products I really like and always try some new and I am delighted! I recommend the girls. This soap along with the scrub are the perfect combination!!♥♥♥ I wash my face first and then use my Neutrogena scrub and proceed to use my moisturizer
Destynie M.
Destynie M.
Eastford, CT

This facial cleanser does a nice job of cleansing and ridding my face of impurities, but it brings forth dryness to my face that is just as difficult to get away with as my acne. As long as you moisturize frequently and limit yourself to using this product once only per day, those who have combination skin should see positive results with their acne. Those with dry skin should seek a creamier wash, and those with oily skin should enjoy this product. Overall price wise, availability and performance this cleanser proves to be worth the while. Pick one up today!
Ivori M.
Ivori M.
Hewitt, TX

If you have sensitive skin, did this product cause you to have a bad reaction ?
vanessa v.
vanessa v.
hesperia, ca

Which one do you think is better the face wash or the wipes?
Carlee P.
Carlee P.

How well does this product work? Looking for a new skin care product.
Ashley  S.
Ashley S.
Vidalia, Georgia

Does this cause your skin to dry out?
Olivia H.
Olivia H.

I have been using this for like 2 years and all of a sudden it's stared to be super drying and whenever I like touch my face I start to itch and my skin peels. A. What does this mean for my skin? B. Should I keep using this product? C. I don't moisturize, could that be a problem? I just used this product bc of my acne but idk anymore. Help!

Join Now