Neutrogena Oil-Free Pink Grapefruit Acne Wash Facial Cleanser uploaded by Maria M.Neutrogena Oil-Free Pink Grapefruit Acne Wash Facial Cleanser uploaded by Andrea P.Neutrogena Oil-Free Pink Grapefruit Acne Wash Facial Cleanser uploaded by Helena L.See all 64 photos
4 colors available

BY NEUTROGENA #54 in Facial Cleansers

New, salicylic acid acne treatment MicroClear™ technology. clears breakouts. 100% naturally derived grapefruit extract With an uplifting blast of grapefruit plus vitamin c, this unique formula clears blemishes and blackheads.  Eliminates oil and dirt without over-drying. Free Gift Included: Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer, SPF 15. Dermatologist recommended. Product Ingredients: Oil Free Moisturizer.

• Does it work for acne like it says?Yes!! The only thing is that y... 4 Answers
  • I need a new face wash and i have see...I found this face wash very re... 1 Answers
  • Does this really help?Well, it will depend on you sk... 2 Answers
Photos (64)
  • "At the time i purchased it I had no idea my skin went from oily to sensitive ; and if you know Neutrogena their not good for creating products for sensitive skin ( or dry ) ." in 9 reviews
  • "Love the grapefruit smell but it overly dried my skin and I was breaking out even more than I usually do I gave it time to see if my sling would get better but it just got worse." in 6 reviews
  • "The best part for me is that salicylic acid usually gives me a large red chemical rash/burn but this is gentle enought that it doesn't." in 5 reviews
  • "This has been my favorite face wash for a while now and I just simply can't live without it, it really helps for oily skin and it dries out pimples , although I'm not sure that it prevents more from developing because I still tend to get very few pimples every now and then." in 5 reviews
Samantha A.
Samantha A.
Holly Hill, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Normally I like to use the green facial cleanser for redness, because I suffer from acne, which gets really red and inflamed. It's my fav! But when I went to purchase it, the store was sold out and I really needed a cleanser, so I thought I'd give this one a go.

I've tried this cleanser in the past, and I couldn't remember my opinion on it, but it must not have been great, because I haven't used it since. Well, anyways, I've been using this lately and I think it's pretty drying. After use, I feel as though my skin is dehydrated. It feels tight and uncomfortable, so I quickly throw on a hydrating toner and moisturizer. So I'm not a huge fan of this one, but I didn't think it could differ so much from the green version.

I gave this 3 stars, though, because it does the job. I haven't noticed any breakouts, and it smells really fresh! I just can't stand how drying it is to my skin! I probably wouldn't recommend this to a friend or family member.
Natalie A.
Natalie A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
When I first bought this and tried it out, it broke me out like crazy in random areas on my face. I'm not usually prone to breakouts or acne, my skin is pretty clear. So that freaked me out. What I didn't realize was that this will break you out your first couple of uses because it's getting all the gunk out of your face. I stopped using it for a while, and when I started it up again, no breakouts. It does give you that tight/dry feeling when you're done washing your face, but I just follow it up with a moisturizer and I'm good to go. I know people talk about the smell, but I don't really smell anything when I use this. I like that it foams up when you wet it; it makes it easier to clean your face. As for how well it works for acne, I can't vouch for, since I'm not acne-prone. But as a day-to-day face wash for combo skin, I really like this and alternate between this and an Estee Lauder cleanser I have.
Grace R.
Grace R.
Choctaw, OK
I started using Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash about a week ago, along with Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel and within 2 days I could tell a huge difference! I would have been willing to leave the house without make-up, which is a big deal to me! These products together cleared my acne up quickly. The only reason I would not give this product 5 stars is because it dried out my face to an almost painful point. I went on day 3 and bought Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin and that helped alot. I have never considered myself to have sensitive skin, but the face wash and spot treatment made it sensitive to everything. I would recommend to anyone wanting to buy these products that they get a moisturizer, too.
Kristine M.
Kristine M.
So after I had my son my skin went into straight oil slick area and I had no clue how to deal with it. Countless high end products and hundreds of dollars later I decided to try this, I mean why not at this point right? It is amazing. It cleared my oil in a matter of days. Now, if I don't use it for a few days it all comes right back and then the battle begins again but with upkeep with it it solved all my oil problems. I cannot attest to whether or not it clears breakouts as I don't have any but it has worked paired with Neutrogena scrub to clear the blackheads on my nose. All in all this is one of the best products out there in my opinion. Try this before you spend 30 dollars on a different face wash
Wynonna I.
Wynonna I.
Vancouver, WA
Many people love this product and actually works for them, which is very nice. But it doesn't work well with me. During the first few days it prevented any new acne which I was so happy about, but after a few weeks it had gone worse. I was so confused why I was breaking out so much and tried to think which was the root cause. So I decided to take it out of my routine and after a few days my skin went back to normal. I have a very sensitive skin, which is probably the main reason why I had broken out. Till this day, I don't use any cleansers and just wash my face with only water and use Neutrogena Oil-free moisture for combination skin, which works quite nicely by the way.
Emma A.
Emma A.
Atlanta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I struggled with breakouts during high school and especially once I started college. I tried everything, including pricey acne systems but nothing seemed to work. Until I tried this product. I actually started using the original version as this was before the pink grapefruit and it cleared my skin up within a week. I was so pleasantly surprised that I continued to use it exclusively for the next eight years until my skin started to change. I use a variety of different cleansers during the week depending on my issues, but the Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser has a place in the rotation for those days when I'm struggling with breakouts. I highly recommend!
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.
Before the pink grapefruit cleanser came around, I just used the standard version. I discovered this product in middle school, when acne was starting to become a problem. I've been in the beauty industry forever and have used HUNDREDS of cleansers - this has always been my go-to.

As soon as the pink grapefruit version existed....I knew it was meant for me.

It removes all of my makeup every time without being overly drying or oily, and doesn't leave any residue like soaps can.

I am now nowhere near middle school age, but occasionally get breakouts around that-time-of-the-month....this helps clear them up quickly.
Destynie M.
Destynie M.
Eastford, CT
This facial cleanser does a nice job of cleansing and ridding my face of impurities, but it brings forth dryness to my face that is just as difficult to get away with as my acne. As long as you moisturize frequently and limit yourself to using this product once only per day, those who have combination skin should see positive results with their acne. Those with dry skin should seek a creamier wash, and those with oily skin should enjoy this product. Overall price wise, availability and performance this cleanser proves to be worth the while. Pick one up today!
WOW! I did not think I would love this product as much as I do. Having sensitive skin makes me immune to automatically thinking that products will not work for my skin, but how wrong could I be? Walking around with gorgeous, healthy looking skin gives me an instant boost of self-confidence, and without this product I would not feel so amazed with how my skin looks without my makeup on. THANK YOU NEUTROGENA for this amazing product. Anyone who buys this will be so glad when they can still feel gorgeous without makeup.
Sabrina
Sabrina
Moorpark, CA
I have sensitive dry skin, and this did a good job on clearing my acne, but dried or my skin. I think think the price was good but you would need a good moisturizer. My expectations were not for it was drying. Yes, this product did help clear my acne, but made me have dry patches with it. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this product for sensitive skin because you have to use a moisturizer, and sometimes you don't have it. If you don't have dry, combination sensitive skin, then I think this would be a good buy for you.
Ivori M.
Ivori M.
Hewitt, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
If you have sensitive skin, did this product cause you to have a bad reaction ?
vanessa v.
vanessa v.
hesperia, ca
Which one do you think is better the face wash or the wipes?
Ashley  S.
Ashley S.
Vidalia, GA
Does this cause your skin to dry out?
Olivia H.
Olivia H.
I have been using this for like 2 years and all of a sudden it's stared to be super drying and whenever I like touch my face I start to itch and my skin peels. A. What does this mean for my skin? B. Should I keep using this product? C. I don't moisturize, could that be a problem? I just used this product bc of my acne but idk anymore. Help!
Carlee P.
Carlee P.
How well does this product work? Looking for a new skin care product.