Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover uploaded by Fatima G.Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover uploaded by Abigayle D.Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover uploaded by Andreina L.See all 166 photos

BY NEUTROGENA #19 in Makeup Remover

Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover takes off even waterproof eye makeup without leaving an oily residue.

Forget harsh tugging and pulling. This ultra-gentle dual phase formula activates when shaken to remove all eye makeup—even waterproof mascara—without any greasy residue. It is ophthalmologist tested, safe for contact lens wearers and oil free.

Take off all your eye makeup the gentle way.

• Dual-action formula removes even waterproof makeup
  • Oil-free, non-greasy
  • Ophthalmologist tested
  • Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers

• Most products say oil free but they s...yes it does leave your eyes oi... 8 Answers
  • Is this really oil free?Yea it is my face is super oil... 9 Answers
  • Is it used for oily skin?Yes! I have oily skin and this... 4 Answers
Photos (164)
Andrea A.
Andrea A.
South Riding, VA
I've been using this eye makeup remover for a couple years now and I don't think I'll use anything else. I even tried skimping and using cheaper things and it just ended up costing more in the end. For people just starting to use this, it'll look like it has oil in it, and it'll feel oily on your face, but it dries normally. Test a patch on your hand if you want first to try it out. Put a bit of eyeliner or shadow on your hand (I was swatching my shadows on the back of my hand for my blog post and tried it out this way), put a bit of the product on a cotton pad and remove the eye makeup. A little goes a LONG way with this product so start off with a little bit first, and add gradually. I have dry skin, and it doesn't hurt my skin at all. It doesn't irritate my eyes either. It's extremely gentle and works really well on any kind of eye makeup. It usually takes 1-2 swipes and my eye makeup is GONE. I got the set with this and the makeup remover wipes from CVS. SUPER great deal! :) Plus they had a sale on makeup cleansers ^-^
Heather H.
Heather H.
Wyomissing, PA
I usually buy this #eyemakeup remover at my local #drugstore, most often at CVS. It's #inexpensive, approximately $3 for a 4oz bottle. Right now I'm using a bottle that came in a specially priced double pack, which was an even bigger value. This is oil-free and safe for #contactlens wearers. After shaking the bottle to mix the water and emulsifier, I cover the opening with a cotton pad, tilt back & forth a couple of times to saturate then wipe off my eye makeup, starting with my my eyebrows. I use the same cotton pad to gently wipe off both eye lids. For removing mascara, I apply more remover to a new cotton pad and with my eye closed, I press it against my lashes and hold for approximately 10 seconds or so before moving the pad in a downward motion. This method works very well for me, as it removes every trace of makeup. The directions say to rinse with water but I use a fresh cotton pad that I've dampened with water, leaving my eye area feeling clean without oily residue.
Leah G.
Leah G.
I started using this remover when I first got contact lenses, and it was the only eye makeup remover I have ever used that didn't irritate my eyes while using contacts. I have since had LASIK surgery but I still continue to use Neutrogena because it is the only eye makeup remover that really gets everything off. In fact, right before my eye surgery the doctor used this remover to really get ALL of the mascara off (and I mean ALL of it! You'd never need to get that in depth on the daily).

One thing I love about this product is that it removes my makeup without me needing to rub on my eye or pull at my eyelid in any way. Plus I really feel it works better than many expensive removers I have used.

I am rating it 4/5 stars only because sometimes I have to wait a while before I feel it has washed completely off my eyelid when I use it after a shower to get any leftover eye makeup off. If you don't wait long enough then your liner doesn't go on as thickly.
Amy W.
Amy W.
Q: Does this remove makeup? How well?
A: Yes. 8/10
Q: Do I recommend this product?
A: Yes, does the job for an affordable price.

Picked this make up remover up a couple months ago, it's sold at many stores, I bought mine from Target. I noticed there seems to be two separate layers, almost like a layer of oil sitting on top of a layer of water (although the product does claim to be oil free). Give it a good shake and it'll pour out easily onto a cotton round. Does a fairly good job at removing makeup though it does take some effort to fully remove my mascara. It doesn't burn my eyes and it doesn't leave a scent, BUT it does leave some oily residue on my skin. I sometimes just rub the oils into my skin and it'll eventually disappear or I wash my face and it'll come right off.

I have combination skin, dry with an oily t-zone, and slightly sensitive.
Erica S.
It works great for removing eye makeup especially stubborn waterproof mascara BUT I don't understand how they consider it "oil free, when this is extremely extremely extremely greasy. It takes off all my eye makeup very easily & you don't need to use much of the remover but if even the tiniest bit gets into your eye it burns and becomes blurry. With this product being so greasy, getting it into your eyes is just going to happen every time. It's the insane oiliness of it that is terrible though. I truly feel as if I went into in my kitchen & grabbed cooking oil instead. It even has a light fragrance of oil. It does state on the bottle its oil free though, so I have no clue. I don't want to waste my $ so I'll use it up probably but I would not repurchase at all. It breaks me out near the eye area too if I don't wash that area right away.
Sheila J.
Sheila J.
Waynesville, NC
I can't say enough about this, where others have failed this has been my tried and true friend, the bottle looks like it has oil in it however it doesn't the product is so neat to watch when i shake it, also with the diy's around i use it to make my own facial wipes! I have been a tried and true fan of neutrogena for years and i will be for years to come, even when there not on sale i pick up two, it takes off all of my makeup without leaving junk behind and is so amazing to fix liner boo boos without it smearing all over the place! it takes off water proof makeup and water resistant, it takes off fiber lashes and set makeup, what else can i say but i am on my last container of 6 i had! When i am out i am definitely definitely re-purchasing it again and again and again!
Tiffani J.
Tiffani J.
Conway, AR
Seriously fantastic eye makeup remover! This is a staple product for me. Not only are you getting an exceptional price but the product itself is one I highly recommend. The oil free aspect is crictical for myself because I have oily skin already, so the fact that this doesn't add any oil to my fresh face is a HUGE selling point for me. As far as the makeup removal process goes with this product, it lives up to it's name and great reviews. I never find myself having to use a lot of this product it seems a little bit can truly go along way. This product leaves my skin feeling great and never irritates my eyes which has happened with other eye makeup removers. Overall I think the Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover is a solid and great product with a great price.
Erica S.
Its good that you're getting a couple of them for a decent price but its still not worth it. The main reason I don't like this makeup remover is because it says it's oil free when it clearly is anything but. It feels like I can just go into my kitchen & grab some olive oil and slap it on my face & it would be the same consistency and do the same job. It does remove stubborn eye makeup pretty well but due to being so slick, it gets into your eyes, so the makeup is all over your eye balls. Not a big fan of removers that do that. It ends up irritating them. Plus if I get this remover anywhere but my eye area, i will end up breaking out in that spot. I just don't understand how they can say it's oil free. I've used better and never have repurchased it & never will.
Paula S.
Paula S.
I recently had some major eye trouble and my doctor recommended that I begin using oil-free eye makeup remover. I tried this remover because 1) it checked the oil-free box, 2) I generally trust Neutrogena, and 3) I remembered trying it in high school and wanted to check it out again. Now, a voice in the back of my eye was telling me that I didn't like it in HS, but I figured that maybe it was just that I didn't really know how to work with products then. Nope. It just plain doesn't work on me. It took a lot of elbow grease and a few eyelashes to remove just one coat of mascara. I even tried soaking the cotton pad and laying it over my eyes for a few seconds to see if it would break down my makeup for easier removal. Nothing doing. I ended up returning it.
Tonia   Z.
Tonia Z.
Maysville, KY
This is hands down one of the best eye makeup removers there is on the market. I'm a heavy eye makeup wearer so I'm always looking for a remover that breaks down the make up at the end of the day. I want something strong enough to remove then my toughest shades but yet gentle enough for everyday use. Neutrogena oil free remover is everything I need and want in a remover. It's safe on my false lashes but tough enough to break my most stubborn eye make up down in just one swipe. The price can't be beat either under 10 dollars. I was spending more than 20 before I found Neutrogena plus having to wait for a order to come in. I recommend Neutrogena oil free eye makeup remover to everybody needing a strong remover that's gentle enough for us contact wearer's
Jossie M.
Jossie M.
Beaverton, OR
Is it good for sensitive skin?
Alicia H.
Alicia H.
Florence, SC
Does it work for waterproof mascara?
Albany  M.
Albany M.
Medley, FL
Is this really oil free?
Jerusalah R.
Jerusalah R.
Battle Creek, MI
Most products say oil free but they still leave your face feeling oily. Is this product like that? I've tried so many different ones and I hate the oily feeling on my face afterwards.
Ashley W.
Ashley W.
Mount Hope, WV
How good does this work?