Add a Photo

By NEUTROGENA
#8 in Makeup Remover

Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover takes off even waterproof eye makeup without leaving an oily residue.

Forget harsh tugging and pulling. This ultra-gentle dual phase formula activates when shaken to remove all eye makeup—even waterproof mascara—without any greasy residue. It is ophthalmologist tested, safe for contact lens wearers and oil free.

Take off all your eye makeup the gentle way.

• Dual-action formula removes even waterproof makeup
  • Oil-free, non-greasy
  • Ophthalmologist tested
  • Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
Photos (133)
Nena F.
Nena F.
College Station, TX

This isn't the best makeup remover I've ever used, but it also isn't the worst. The best thing about this product is that it doesn't sting your eyes at all. However, I find it strange that it claims to be oil-free because if you just look at the liquid inside the bottle you can clearly see that there are two separate phases that compose the liquid. And when you use the product it feels quite oily as well. The product also claims that it won't leave an oily residue, but that is totally false. There is a very noticeable, very annoying residue left on my face when I use this product to remove my makeup. All that being said I really have to question whether or not this product is truly oil-free. As far as the product's ability to remove makeup, all I can say is that it's ok. It removes non-waterproof makeup quite well but I have never been able to completely remove waterproof makeup using this product.

In summary, I tend to use these categories to judge a makeup remover:

Makeup Removing Power: 3/5

Overall Quality of Product (using averages of above categories): 3.8/5
Andrea A.
Andrea A.
Benicia, CA

I've been using this eye makeup remover for a couple years now and I don't think I'll use anything else. I even tried skimping and using cheaper things and it just ended up costing more in the end. For people just starting to use this, it'll look like it has oil in it, and it'll feel oily on your face, but it dries normally. Test a patch on your hand if you want first to try it out. Put a bit of eyeliner or shadow on your hand (I was swatching my shadows on the back of my hand for my blog post and tried it out this way), put a bit of the product on a cotton pad and remove the eye makeup. A little goes a LONG way with this product so start off with a little bit first, and add gradually. I have dry skin, and it doesn't hurt my skin at all. It doesn't irritate my eyes either. It's extremely gentle and works really well on any kind of eye makeup. It usually takes 1-2 swipes and my eye makeup is GONE. I got the set with this and the makeup remover wipes from CVS. SUPER great deal! :) Plus they had a sale on makeup cleansers ^-^
Isela R.
Isela R.
Pasadena tx

"Neutragena Oil-Free Makeup Remover! I have this Makeup Remover in my Cabinet in the Bathroom. It was the 1st Makeup Remover I ever bought and probably will stick to this product. I started out watching a YouTube Video on how to apply Fake Eyelashes, and was told that you can use the makeup remover for removing your fake Eyelashes. So that you can wear them again and won't ruin your real eyelashes. The makeup remover, removes the glue on your fake eyelashes, but you have to use a Oil-Free makeup remover. This product is oil-free, and you can use this product to remove your makeup and fake eyelashes. One swipe of this makeup remover, is all it takes to remove your eye makeup just on one eye. I was amazed on how well my makeup came off, compared to using a warm washcloth which made me look like I had racoon eyes. I definitely recommend this product, you will not regret the results. You can find this product at Walmart and Meijers or Walgreens, etc. I forgot how much it was thou, not very expensive. "
Lia A.
Lia A.
Flint, MI

Cindy O.
Cindy O.

I was actually on the lookout of an eye makeup remover when I stumbled upon this. Because my facial cleansers usually get everything off, I was just not willing to spend over $10 on something that I felt I didn't even need. I don't use waterproof eye makeup often, but when I do my cleansers just don't do it for me. It would look fine after the cleanse, but the next morning I would wake up to see some raccoon eyed residue smudgey-ness going on lol. Since all the ones at Sephora are pretty pricey, I never bought any but this was on sale for around $6 at my local drugstore so I decided to pick it up. Success! No more raccoon eyes! Love this stuff. Works great and sooo affordable. Doesn't sting your eyes or anything and doesn't leave that oily feeling since it is after all, oil free. However, I find that it gives my eyes a hydrated feeling after I use it. It's great cause after cleansing my face, my skin gets really tight, dry, and under my eyes usually get puffy too; but not with this.
Vicky L.
Vicky L.

I used to hate wearing waterproof cosmetics because it's super difficult to remove, but I decided to give this a try after reading so many positive reviews online. First, it claims to be oil-free (although I do feel like it's a little oily) and it surprises me how well an "oil-free" makeup remover works! (I honestly did not expect it to work that well) One bottle goes a long way! I usually wet my cotton pad with it (not soaked, but just a decent amount) and then proceed to remove my makeup! I must say this does such an AMAZING job at removing makeup, especially eye makeup(waterproof or not) One gentle wipe across the eyelid already does the job. Voila! Makeup gone! It's not one of those makeup removers where you have to wipe SUPER HARD to the point where it hurts or irritates the sensitive eye areas! It takes off all my makeup, leaving my face feeling clean and refreshed! Would definitely recommend it to anyone out there looking for a makeup remover that actually does the job!
Heather H.
Heather H.
Wyomissing, PA

I usually buy this #eyemakeup remover at my local #drugstore, most often at CVS. It's #inexpensive, approximately $3 for a 4oz bottle. Right now I'm using a bottle that came in a specially priced double pack, which was an even bigger value. This is oil-free and safe for #contactlens wearers. After shaking the bottle to mix the water and emulsifier, I cover the opening with a cotton pad, tilt back & forth a couple of times to saturate then wipe off my eye makeup, starting with my my eyebrows. I use the same cotton pad to gently wipe off both eye lids. For removing mascara, I apply more remover to a new cotton pad and with my eye closed, I press it against my lashes and hold for approximately 10 seconds or so before moving the pad in a downward motion. This method works very well for me, as it removes every trace of makeup. The directions say to rinse with water but I use a fresh cotton pad that I've dampened with water, leaving my eye area feeling clean without oily residue.
Leah G.
Leah G.

I started using this remover when I first got contact lenses, and it was the only eye makeup remover I have ever used that didn't irritate my eyes while using contacts. I have since had LASIK surgery but I still continue to use Neutrogena because it is the only eye makeup remover that really gets everything off. In fact, right before my eye surgery the doctor used this remover to really get ALL of the mascara off (and I mean ALL of it! You'd never need to get that in depth on the daily).

One thing I love about this product is that it removes my makeup without me needing to rub on my eye or pull at my eyelid in any way. Plus I really feel it works better than many expensive removers I have used.

I am rating it 4/5 stars only because sometimes I have to wait a while before I feel it has washed completely off my eyelid when I use it after a shower to get any leftover eye makeup off. If you don't wait long enough then your liner doesn't go on as thickly.
Michelle A.
Michelle A.

Since I can't use oil to remove my eye makeup, since it blurs my vision if it gets into my eyes, I need to buy an eye makeup remover. I usually buy the generic version of this, but I'll get the real thing if there's a good enough price. This is gentle on the eyes, and while I've had difficulty removing some makeup products with it, such as Benefit's They're Real! mascara, I think that may have to do with it being a very resistant mascara, rather than this being a weak eye makeup remover. The only reason why I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is because I've noticed that after removing my makeup, especially if I've worn a lot of mascara that day, my eyelashes will look less full, probably from being dried out. To fix this, I wet my eyes and lashes a little, then apply castor oil to my lashes. (Being a very thick oil, castor oil doesn't get into my eyes and blur my vision like some other oils do, plus it's supposed to help with lash growth.)
Kiera P.
Kiera P.
Crawley, West Sussex

I have very sensitive eyes, and I've found that many other makeup removers have caused my vision to blur when I've been removing my eye makeup, which - for somebody who can't see a thing without glasses anyway - is less than fun! All those removers had one common ingredient. however - oil - so I was able to definitively identify what my issue was that caused the clouding of my vision. I saw this one at my local drugstore and seeing it was oil free, I thought it would be an instant hit and cause me no trouble at all. I was partially right - it removed my makeup a dream (excluding some really really tough mascaras that seem to stay on my lashes for days on end no matter how much I try to remove them!) however I did still find that it left my eyes a little sore. This is probably due to how sensitive my eyes are, though, so if you're eyes are not as sensitive as mine appear to be, then this should be a good pick for you!
Jossie M.
Jossie M.
Beaverton , OR

Is it good for sensitive skin?
Alicia H.
Alicia H.
Florence, SC

Does it work for waterproof mascara?
Albany  M.
Albany M.
Medley, FL

Is this really oil free?
Ashley W.
Ashley W.
Mount Hope, WV

How good does this work?
Skyler  H.
Skyler H.
Huntsville, AL

Is this a good product for someone with sensitive skin?

Join Now