Add a Photo

#5 in Makeup Remover

Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover takes off even waterproof eye makeup without leaving an oily residue.

Forget harsh tugging and pulling. This ultra-gentle dual phase formula activates when shaken to remove all eye makeup—even waterproof mascara—without any greasy residue. It is ophthalmologist tested, safe for contact lens wearers and oil free.

Take off all your eye makeup the gentle way.

• Dual-action formula removes even waterproof makeup
  • Oil-free, non-greasy
  • Ophthalmologist tested
  • Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
Photos (148)
Nena F.
Nena F.
College Station, TX

This isn't the best makeup remover I've ever used, but it also isn't the worst. The best thing about this product is that it doesn't sting your eyes at all. However, I find it strange that it claims to be oil-free because if you just look at the liquid inside the bottle you can clearly see that there are two separate phases that compose the liquid. And when you use the product it feels quite oily as well. The product also claims that it won't leave an oily residue, but that is totally false. There is a very noticeable, very annoying residue left on my face when I use this product to remove my makeup. All that being said I really have to question whether or not this product is truly oil-free. As far as the product's ability to remove makeup, all I can say is that it's ok. It removes non-waterproof makeup quite well but I have never been able to completely remove waterproof makeup using this product.

In summary, I tend to use these categories to judge a makeup remover:

Makeup Removing Power: 3/5

Overall Quality of Product (using averages of above categories): 3.8/5
Andrea A.
Andrea A.
Benicia, CA

I've been using this eye makeup remover for a couple years now and I don't think I'll use anything else. I even tried skimping and using cheaper things and it just ended up costing more in the end. For people just starting to use this, it'll look like it has oil in it, and it'll feel oily on your face, but it dries normally. Test a patch on your hand if you want first to try it out. Put a bit of eyeliner or shadow on your hand (I was swatching my shadows on the back of my hand for my blog post and tried it out this way), put a bit of the product on a cotton pad and remove the eye makeup. A little goes a LONG way with this product so start off with a little bit first, and add gradually. I have dry skin, and it doesn't hurt my skin at all. It doesn't irritate my eyes either. It's extremely gentle and works really well on any kind of eye makeup. It usually takes 1-2 swipes and my eye makeup is GONE. I got the set with this and the makeup remover wipes from CVS. SUPER great deal! :) Plus they had a sale on makeup cleansers ^-^
Lia A.
Lia A.
Flint, MI

Neutragena Oil-Free Makeup Remover! I have this Makeup Remover in my Cabinet in the Bathroom. It was the 1st Makeup Remover I ever bought and probably will stick to this product. I started out watching a YouTube Video on how to apply Fake Eyelashes, and was told that you can use the makeup remover for removing your fake Eyelashes. So that you can wear them again and won't ruin your real eyelashes. The makeup remover, removes the glue on your fake eyelashes, but you have to use a Oil-Free makeup remover. This product is oil-free, and you can use this product to remove your makeup and fake eyelashes. One swipe of this makeup remover, is all it takes to remove your eye makeup just on one eye. I was amazed on how well my makeup came off, compared to using a warm washcloth which made me look like I had racoon eyes. I definitely recommend this product, you will not regret the results. You can find this product at Walmart and Meijers or Walgreens, etc. I forgot how much it was thou, not very expensive.
Vicky L.
Vicky L.

I used to hate wearing waterproof cosmetics because it's super difficult to remove, but I decided to give this a try after reading so many positive reviews online. First, it claims to be oil-free (although I do feel like it's a little oily) and it surprises me how well an "oil-free" makeup remover works! (I honestly did not expect it to work that well) One bottle goes a long way! I usually wet my cotton pad with it (not soaked, but just a decent amount) and then proceed to remove my makeup! I must say this does such an AMAZING job at removing makeup, especially eye makeup(waterproof or not) One gentle wipe across the eyelid already does the job. Voila! Makeup gone! It's not one of those makeup removers where you have to wipe SUPER HARD to the point where it hurts or irritates the sensitive eye areas! It takes off all my makeup, leaving my face feeling clean and refreshed! Would definitely recommend it to anyone out there looking for a makeup remover that actually does the job!
Heather H.
Heather H.
Wyomissing, PA

I usually buy this #eyemakeup remover at my local #drugstore, most often at CVS. It's #inexpensive, approximately $3 for a 4oz bottle. Right now I'm using a bottle that came in a specially priced double pack, which was an even bigger value. This is oil-free and safe for #contactlens wearers. After shaking the bottle to mix the water and emulsifier, I cover the opening with a cotton pad, tilt back & forth a couple of times to saturate then wipe off my eye makeup, starting with my my eyebrows. I use the same cotton pad to gently wipe off both eye lids. For removing mascara, I apply more remover to a new cotton pad and with my eye closed, I press it against my lashes and hold for approximately 10 seconds or so before moving the pad in a downward motion. This method works very well for me, as it removes every trace of makeup. The directions say to rinse with water but I use a fresh cotton pad that I've dampened with water, leaving my eye area feeling clean without oily residue.
Leah G.
Leah G.

I started using this remover when I first got contact lenses, and it was the only eye makeup remover I have ever used that didn't irritate my eyes while using contacts. I have since had LASIK surgery but I still continue to use Neutrogena because it is the only eye makeup remover that really gets everything off. In fact, right before my eye surgery the doctor used this remover to really get ALL of the mascara off (and I mean ALL of it! You'd never need to get that in depth on the daily).

One thing I love about this product is that it removes my makeup without me needing to rub on my eye or pull at my eyelid in any way. Plus I really feel it works better than many expensive removers I have used.

I am rating it 4/5 stars only because sometimes I have to wait a while before I feel it has washed completely off my eyelid when I use it after a shower to get any leftover eye makeup off. If you don't wait long enough then your liner doesn't go on as thickly.
Michelle A.
Michelle A.

Since I can't use oil to remove my eye makeup, since it blurs my vision if it gets into my eyes, I need to buy an eye makeup remover. I usually buy the generic version of this, but I'll get the real thing if there's a good enough price. This is gentle on the eyes, and while I've had difficulty removing some makeup products with it, such as Benefit's They're Real! mascara, I think that may have to do with it being a very resistant mascara, rather than this being a weak eye makeup remover. The only reason why I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is because I've noticed that after removing my makeup, especially if I've worn a lot of mascara that day, my eyelashes will look less full, probably from being dried out. To fix this, I wet my eyes and lashes a little, then apply castor oil to my lashes. (Being a very thick oil, castor oil doesn't get into my eyes and blur my vision like some other oils do, plus it's supposed to help with lash growth.)
Amy W.
Amy W.

Q: Does this remove makeup? How well?
A: Yes. 8/10
Q: Do I recommend this product?
A: Yes, does the job for an affordable price.

Picked this make up remover up a couple months ago, it's sold at many stores, I bought mine from Target. I noticed there seems to be two separate layers, almost like a layer of oil sitting on top of a layer of water (although the product does claim to be oil free). Give it a good shake and it'll pour out easily onto a cotton round. Does a fairly good job at removing makeup though it does take some effort to fully remove my mascara. It doesn't burn my eyes and it doesn't leave a scent, BUT it does leave some oily residue on my skin. I sometimes just rub the oils into my skin and it'll eventually disappear or I wash my face and it'll come right off.

I have combination skin, dry with an oily t-zone, and slightly sensitive.
Erica S.
Erica S.

It works great for removing eye makeup especially stubborn waterproof mascara BUT I don't understand how they consider it "oil free, when this is extremely extremely extremely greasy. It takes off all my eye makeup very easily & you don't need to use much of the remover but if even the tiniest bit gets into your eye it burns and becomes blurry. With this product being so greasy, getting it into your eyes is just going to happen every time. It's the insane oiliness of it that is terrible though. I truly feel as if I went into in my kitchen & grabbed cooking oil instead. It even has a light fragrance of oil. It does state on the bottle its oil free though, so I have no clue. I don't want to waste my $ so I'll use it up probably but I would not repurchase at all. It breaks me out near the eye area too if I don't wash that area right away.
Carrie B.
Carrie B.

I was on a budget before heading off to college, so I asked some friends for inexpensive eye makeup remover that they have used and loved.

I have tried so many eye makeup removers and still haven't found "the one" and this one is definitely not that. A lot of my friends love it so I thought that this was the one to try. I have given it a try, not once, but twice. I used it a long time ago and hated it. I tried it again before going to school, and hated it just as much.

It just didn't get off the makeup well and it burnt. Oh man, did it burn. I honestly couldn't see clearly for at least half an hour after using this. It made my eyes so blurry. I know I have super sensitive eyes, but this was ridiculous.

Obviously it has worked for others, but if you have insanely sensitive eyes, I do not recommend at all.
Jossie M.
Jossie M.
Beaverton, OR

Is it good for sensitive skin?
Alicia H.
Alicia H.
Florence, SC

Does it work for waterproof mascara?
Albany  M.
Albany M.
Medley, FL

Is this really oil free?
Skyler  H.
Skyler H.
Huntsville, AL

Is this a good product for someone with sensitive skin?
Jerusalah R.
Jerusalah R.
Battle Creek, MI

Most products say oil free but they still leave your face feeling oily. Is this product like that? I've tried so many different ones and I hate the oily feeling on my face afterwards.

Join Now