BY NEUTROGENA #98 in Facial Cleansers

Benefits

Our oil-free face wash clears breakouts with an uplifting blast of pink grapefruit. With maximum strength Salicylic Acid acne medicine boosted by MicroClear® Technology, this formula powerfully treats and helps prevent breakouts – even blackheads. Its unique formula contains naturally derived grapefruit extract. With vitamin C, it eliminates oil and dirt, as well as rinses clean without over-drying.

• Oil-free
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
  • MicroClear® Technology
  • Salicylic Acid

HOW TO USE

• Use daily.
  • Wet face. Apply to hands, add water and work into a lather.
  • Rinse thoroughly.

Active ingredient

Salicylic Acid 2% (Acne Treatment).

Inactive ingredients

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Polysorbate 20, Linoleamidopropyl Pg-dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Fragrance, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butyphenol Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Pg-dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 40, Violet 2

Purpose

Acne Treatment

Use
For the treatment of acne.

Warnings: For external use only.
When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, flush thoroughly with water.

Directions: Wet face. Apply to hands, add water and work into a lather. Massage face gently. Rinse thoroughly.

Other information
Protect from Excessive Heat (40°C/104° F)

• I've been wanting to try this product but I'm afraid beca...3 Answers
  • I love Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Fac...3 Answers
  • Su diseño es hermoso a que huele?1 Answers
Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser
  • "This is a cleanser that will completely deplete all of your acne. Yes, it may dry out your skin, but moisturize after! (You're supposed to moisturize daily regardless.) Gentle enough for sensitive skin." in 168 reviews
  • "Love the grapefruit smell but it overly dried my skin and I was breaking out even more than I usually do I gave it time to see if my sling would get better but it just got worse." in 6 reviews
  • "The best part for me is that salicylic acid usually gives me a large red chemical rash/burn but this is gentle enought that it doesn't." in 5 reviews
Shannon💋 W.
Horsham, PA
Review for: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Facial Cleanser, Pink Grapefruit, 6 Ounce more...
So I am currently using this product as we speak. I am a huge fan of all of this brands products and have used them for years for different reasons. This particular product I use when I have harsh breakouts. And I mainly use it once a month for about a week during my time of the month. It is great during that time because it does a great job at clearing up breakouts fast!

However it is a semi strong product because it is for acne prone skin. So after usage it does leave your face a bit dry and burn a bit in the process of using it. That however can be easily taken care of by just applying a moisturizer right after. I recommend this product to anyone with bad acne or bad breakouts due to sensitive skin
Val E.
Palm Beach
I wanna start off by saying that this cleanser STRIPPED so much oil from my skin that my face literally felt tight and dry to the point where I would start bleeding. The smell is so pungent and so strong that I had to try to avoid not breathing when I would wash my face. There are soooooo many better cleansers out there that Neutrogena have that this cleanser is just 🚫not worth the money at ALL.🚫 The reason why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 is because since it did strip literally every ounce of oil off my face, my pimples would get smaller drastically and disappear within a few days. But other than that, there are cleansers out there that could do the same WITHOUT stripping your skin so heavily.
Heidi H.
NORWALK, CA
My face gets oily throughout the day and and I tried the NEUTROGENA OIL-FREE ACNE WASH PINK GRAPEFRUIT FACIAL CLEANSER for two weeks. I would wash my face three times a day. I definitely felt and visibly seen a huge difference in my facial complexion. I needed a powerful acne fighter. The amazing ingredients like grapefruit extract, plus vitamin C helped clear my unwanted breakouts and blackheads. I believe I've found it, with Neutrogena. Equate Beauty Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Cleansing Towelettes, 40 sheetsNeutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser
Bryanna B.
I used this cleanser and I still do to this day with the acne control stress fee toner and I don’t know which product had dried my skin out but it happened. It wasn’t burning my skin but it was a little irritant at the beginning but that’s normal for me cause I never used it and that happens to me with new products. However, without my moisturizer (ponds face cream) my skin would be extremely dry as well as my lips but still feel soft which really confused me. I still use this product and I’m still trying to figure out if it works for me
Sharon C.
Northridge, CA
I was very excited to try this product out when I saw that it claims to clear out breakouts. I wasn’t dealing with major breakouts, only 1-2 and I ran out of my face wash.

I tried it for a few days and IT DID NOT WORK AT ALL! The grapefruit scent s very strong, strongly fragrant which is not suitable for you if you have SENSITIVE SKIN like me! My skin started breaking out the next day itself and I have dry patches on my nose & skin which I never had before using this face wash.

IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN, DO NOT TRY THIS!
Han r.
Yonkers, NY
Review for: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser more...
I have been working out more and getting more breakouts due to sebum buildup and general summer sweat. I have been looking for a face cleanser that tackles my finnicky combination skin's breakouts without drying it out too much but also that is not so gentle that it's ineffective. This grapefruit wash by Neutrogena is a perfect mix of being refreshing and tough but  not drying!! It smells fresh and citrus inspired and it leaves my skin feeling clean and well washed. It is a great value and available everywhere so I will certainly be buying it again and again!
Teryn P.
Chesapeake
This product and I have had a long relationship but not a great one. It smells great, but it is VERY drying on my skin and I know it is meant to clean of those oils on acne prone skin, but I did not find it gentle in the least. This drying property did clean off the unnecessary oils but at the same time aggravated my acne even more. I would say if you have sensitive skin or skin that has very advanced acne, this may not be the product for you.
Dianna G.
Review for: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Facial Cleanser, Pink Grapefruit, 6 Ounce (Pack of 3) more...
I was looking for a new face wash, but beware of this one! I have combination skin, and after my first face wash I thought it went great. The second day I noticed that my skin felt really tight, so I thought it was just cleansing well. On the third day I had dry patches on my cheeks and the rest of my face was super dry! I couldn’t get enough lotion on my face and noticed after washing the third day my skin was really red and irritated. I would not purchase again!
Ann C.
Spokane, WA
I do love the scent and packaging of this. The grapefruit smells nice but isn't overbearing, and I love that this face wash comes with a pump! This cleanses my skin very well and does a pretty decent job at maintaining any blemishes that I may have. My only downside is that this makes my skin very dry afterwards. I have pretty oily skin but I still dislike how much this strips your skin. I am not sure if I will repurchase this.
Clarissa R.
Meh. I bought this for three reason. It’s pink. It’s grapefruit and it’s neutrogena. I’ve used neutrogenas classic face wash for over 10 years but this cleanser made me breakout and become very itchy. I eat grapefruit and don’t have this reaction so I don’t think it’s the grapefruit extract ingredient but for whatever reason my skin did not react well to this at all. If you have sensitive skin, I’d say buy with caution.
Alina J.
Phoenix, AZ
I have sensitive skin so would this be okay to use? I have been wanting to use this product for a while now but very cautious on getting this due to my sensitive skin.
Calista D.
Ocala , FL
I recently started using the Neutrogena Grapefruit cleanser and I’ve broken out pretty terribly and my skins is also wayyyy dryer than usual, have any of y’all experienced this? And if you have what do you think caused it? Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser
S A.
Does this work for any skin type? And does it last long?
Chanceity R.
Peachtree Corners, GA
I have seen celebrities like Gabrielle union says she use this product , however , I have very sensitive skin . Does this product cause sensitive skin to break out or is a great cleanser for people with sensitive skin ?
Daisy L.
I not sure if I should buy it because I was wonder if it works for any type of skin? and if it really works?

back