BY NEUTROGENA

Benefits

Our oil-free face wash clears breakouts with an uplifting blast of pink grapefruit. With maximum strength Salicylic Acid acne medicine boosted by MicroClear® Technology, this formula powerfully treats and helps prevent breakouts – even blackheads. Its unique formula contains naturally derived grapefruit extract. With vitamin C, it eliminates oil and dirt, as well as rinses clean without over-drying.

• Oil-free
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
  • MicroClear® Technology
  • Salicylic Acid

HOW TO USE

• Use daily.
  • Wet face. Apply to hands, add water and work into a lather.
  • Rinse thoroughly.

Active ingredient

Salicylic Acid 2% (Acne Treatment).

Inactive ingredients

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Polysorbate 20, Linoleamidopropyl Pg-dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Fragrance, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butyphenol Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Pg-dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 40, Violet 2

Purpose

Acne Treatment

Use
For the treatment of acne.

Warnings: For external use only.
When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, flush thoroughly with water.

Directions: Wet face. Apply to hands, add water and work into a lather. Massage face gently. Rinse thoroughly.

Other information
Protect from Excessive Heat (40°C/104° F)

• I've been wanting to try this product but I'm afraid because I ha...3 Answers
  • I love Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Clea...3 Answers
  • Does it work for acne like it says?4 Answers
Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser
  • "This is a cleanser that will completely deplete all of your acne. Yes, it may dry out your skin, but moisturize after! (You're supposed to moisturize daily regardless.) Gentle enough for sensitive skin." in 168 reviews
  • "Love the grapefruit smell but it overly dried my skin and I was breaking out even more than I usually do I gave it time to see if my sling would get better but it just got worse." in 6 reviews
  • "The best part for me is that salicylic acid usually gives me a large red chemical rash/burn but this is gentle enought that it doesn't." in 5 reviews
Val E.
Palm Beach
I wanna start off by saying that this cleanser STRIPPED so much oil from my skin that my face literally felt tight and dry to the point where I would start bleeding. The smell is so pungent and so strong that I had to try to avoid not breathing when I would wash my face. There are soooooo many better cleansers out there that Neutrogena have that this cleanser is just 🚫not worth the money at ALL.🚫 The reason why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 is because since it did strip literally every ounce of oil off my face, my pimples would get smaller drastically and disappear within a few days. But other than that, there are cleansers out there that could do the same WITHOUT stripping your skin so heavily.
Dakota V.
Matthews , NC
Review for: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Facial Cleanser, Pink Grapefruit, 6 Ounce more...
There are some things I enjoy about this product: like the smell, the tingly sensation it gives, and how fresh my face feels afterward. I think it is a good price as well. A few things I didn’t so much enjoy would be that it didn’t take hardly any of my makeup off. I like to wash my face before bed and I had to basically wash my face three times between makeup removal, eye makeup removal, and face wash. It also didn’t clear up my skin at all like it claims. Didn’t make it worse but didn’t make it better.
Beatriz G.
Chicago Ridge, IL
This is my second time purchasing this product. I used this once before in high school where I found that it worked wonders for my skin. Years later, my second time around, it seems to have lost that wow factor for me. I don’t notice any differences/improvements in my skin when using. I suppose it does the job and cleaning my face but that’s really it. I’m indifferent to this product.
Jay 💖.
I used to own this,and I really liked it for occasional use. It did help me with my acne and it absolutely smelled amazing,but I noticed that if I used it more than once every week or two that it would dry my face. Now,that could be because my skin was changing at the time,so I guess I'll have to try it again soon and see. But as for performance,it cleaned my skin well,helped with acne,and smelled amazing. So,for occasional use,I'd give it a solid 8/10.
Dianna G.
Review for: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Facial Cleanser, Pink Grapefruit, 6 Ounce (Pack of 3) more...
I was looking for a new face wash, but beware of this one! I have combination skin, and after my first face wash I thought it went great. The second day I noticed that my skin felt really tight, so I thought it was just cleansing well. On the third day I had dry patches on my cheeks and the rest of my face was super dry! I couldn’t get enough lotion on my face and noticed after washing the third day my skin was really red and irritated. I would not purchase again!
Ann C.
Spokane, WA
I do love the scent and packaging of this. The grapefruit smells nice but isn't overbearing, and I love that this face wash comes with a pump! This cleanses my skin very well and does a pretty decent job at maintaining any blemishes that I may have. My only downside is that this makes my skin very dry afterwards. I have pretty oily skin but I still dislike how much this strips your skin. I am not sure if I will repurchase this.
Ellen K.
Brooklyn, New York
This product has so much potential to be a great acne wash but it falls flat. this product dries your skin out so bad and I honestly did see a change in my acne after using this but it made my skin so dry I had to use an intense moisture mask and my skin was still sort of peeling after that. This acne wash does have potential but you need to have extremely oily skin in order for this to work so if you don’t steer clear.
Teresa C.
Osceola, WI
On average I have normal skin type but do have concerns for acne from excess oil around my nose area. I thought that this product has a nice clean scent and foams up really good for easy cleansing. It rinses easily and clean. I did notice some dryness with skin flakes after a day or two on each side of my nose and am not sure if this is too strong or maybe I should only use this ever other day maybe. The price was in the medium range for acne products so worth it to me.  Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser
Alma A.
Atascadero , CA
I love the smell and packaging of this face wash.. a little goes a long way! It is really good and the price is good for what you get! It's really effective on what it's told to do!! Also it's better if you read the warnings and directions in back of the packaging for precaution.. but other than that the product is really good easy to apply.. I would recommend for people with oily or combination skin!
Meghan R.
Unionville, MI
Started using this when I was around 13 when I first started getting acne. Stopped using it because I thought it wasn’t working! But, many years later, and I find myself loving this product! I use it every morning and night, and I could start seeing improvements in about 2 weeks. It smells wonderful, if you are using it in the morning, its a great way to get refreshed while taking care of your skin!
Ivori M.
Hewitt, TX
If you have sensitive skin, did this product cause you to have a bad reaction ?
vanessa v.
Hesperia , CA
Which one do you think is better the face wash or the wipes?
Carlee P.
How well does this product work? Looking for a new skin care product.
Ashley S.
Vidalia, GA
Does this cause your skin to dry out?
Olivia H.
I have been using this for like 2 years and all of a sudden it's stared to be super drying and whenever I like touch my face I start to itch and my skin peels. A. What does this mean for my skin? B. Should I keep using this product? C. I don't moisturize, could that be a problem? I just used this product bc of my acne but idk anymore. Help!