BY NEUTROGENA #22 in Body Scrub

Effective yet gentle scrub for acne treatment helps stop breakouts before they start Cleans deep into pores and helps stop breakouts before they start.  This breakthrough formula features MicroClear™ a powerful technology clinically shown to boost delivery of acne medicine, clear congested pores and speed treatment deep to the source. MicroClear™ and gentle Microbeads work together to cut through oil, dissolving dirt and impurities without overdrying or irritation. Skin is left clear and smooth. Questions or comments? or neutrogena.com ; see more...

• Does this work for body acne as well?2 Answers
  • How good does this actually work for everyone? I'm having horribl...1 Answers
  • How well does this work?3 Answers
Alanis T.
Alanis T.
Hot Springs, AR
I've been using Neutrogena products for nearly my whole adult life, and I have no plans to stop anytime soon. I love using this face wash, but I find that the scrub aspect isn't as strong as I would like so I use this product concurrently with my TreeActiv Anti Acne & Rosacea Treatment Sulfur Mask Plus Rhassoul, Bentonite Clay Mask with Witch Hazel & Aloe Vera - Refreshing Lemon Scent (1 Jar), which serves as my exfoliator.

This is a great product to use with the Neutrogena, as the acne wash cleans your skin really well, and gets rid of all the dirt of the day, excess make-up, and provides a clean slate of skin for the exfoliant to work on. Then, the exfoliant cleans even deeper into your pores, preventing future break outs, shrinking existing acne, and for me at least, leaves your skin feeling so much tighter.

I follow this with my TreeActiv+ Tea Tree Oil Acne Solution for Advanced Acne Treatment - All Natural Acne Spot Treatment - Blemishes Gone or Your Money Back! (60ml) as a spot cleaner and moisturizer. The antibacterial qualities of the tea tree oil prevent more bacteria from getting in to your pores, and the oil moisturizes without being too oily. I definitely recommend this face wash, as well as the other products I mentioned, if you're looking for clear skin and a smooth face.
Amya H.
Amya H.
I just love this face wash! I do suggest using a moisturizer that works best for you with this product, it does leave dry skin when used. I like to use this on my chest and back as well because it helps control those small breakouts. Ive been using this product for a couple months now and its all been good so far. Dont expect to spend 5$ and get an immediate face change, thats not how it works. It takes a little over two weeks to really notice improvements and a little longer if you change face washes. Remember that skin is also affected by issues or abnormalities within the body and then theres those who just have oily skin. ALSO, as a moisturizer I do suggest using natural oils like coconut or jojoba, which both work well for my skin and for dryer skin, try using argan oil. Its much thicker and has provides more nutrients. Only use a dime sized amount (literally) too much will clog pores.
Melissa S.
Melissa S.
Davie, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been using this product for over 5 years and it has really helped balance my skin. I use to have monthly break outs due to that time of the month but this product helped balance my skin and keep my breakouts away. My teen daughter started having issues with acne around the age of 14 she also uses this product and after two months of some dryness and a couple of weeks of breakouts her skin balanced out also and when ever we try something new we regret it. This is amazing, keeps acne away, controls black heads, keeps pores minimal and doesn't cause dryness or irritation. I highly recommend for teens and women of all ages. I'm in my late thirties and wouldn't use anything else.
loleatha m.
loleatha m.
SALT LICK, KY
I use Neutrogene Oil Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub every morning as a wake up method and nightly to help get all the greasy oily makeup off of my face. It not only makes my skin soft and smooth, but the smell is simply amazing. It is truly the only product I use that works to keep my pores open and clear. Before I used this my face was oily, acne covered, and had no shine. Once I began using this product i could drastically see the difference in just a short few days. I highly recommend Neutrogenas oil free acne wash to anyone looking to use a product that not only smells amazing, but protects your skin and keeps it looking flawless.
Schaumin A.
Schaumin A.
Snellville, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have very dry to combo skin, and add highly sensitive to the mix which makes it very difficult to find my holy grail products. I use a combination of expensive department store skincare and makeup, but this scrub has been my ultimate go to. It gently scrubs and exfoliates my sensitive skin without irritating it, and whenever I have a pesky pimple appear I use it for a spot treatment while I chill at home, but the next day its gone! I definitely recommend for price and quality! My skin is proof of this, and I have been using for over 5 years!
Lauren P.
Lauren P.
Greenville, SC
I use this face wash every day in the shower. It leaves my face feeling clean and fresh but not raw or dry, like some more abrasive face washes do. My only problem with this is that it does have microbeads, which not only are bad for the environment but I also find them everywhere on my body after washing my face off. It will be interesting to see how Meutrogena recreates this product without the synthetic microbeads. Honestly I think they can just be done away with and this product would still be great!
Jessica G.
Jessica G.
I used this daily for my acne prone skin and for the first month I really enjoyed it but I still noticed that my skin was getting a little irritated from the exfoliating grains so I had to switch to a more creamier face wash but for the purpose of drying out my face and not making me as oily, I give it three stars but, I did notice the more I used it daily that it would dry me out a little too much and so on my cheeks I started to notice some dry patches.
Linda K.
Linda K.
CAMP LEJEUNE, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love using this scrub. I couponed and stocked up, and literally just ran out so now I am using the St Ives until I can stock up again.

Because I have oily skin, this is one of the scrubs that make me feel clean after a face wash. It's affordable and convenient. My face is clear and I don't know if it's because of the face wash or if it's because I am already done with puberty. Either way, I don't want to stop and find out !
Danielle C.
Danielle C.
My face has been breaking out because I've been wearing my makeup to bed. I bought this 2 months ago and it's only helped a little. It doesn't keep pimples or blackheads from coming but it has opened up my pores. I only get a few pimples here and there but overall I think it's mainly for blackhead and not pimples. I'm going to try another product from them to see if it's better
Risee P.
Risee P.
Tampa, FL
This is a absolute must have for me . This is the best face scrub I ever had!It really does help me control acne before it even starts and smells ok.The best part is the micro beads . It give you a deep scrub and leave your face feeling soft and less oily but not drying.Never burned my skin or cause rashes.This is my go to product! Which reminds me I need to buy some more.
MacKenzie B.
MacKenzie B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Did anyone else break out from this?
Steph O.
Steph O.
I heard this is a good face wash, does it work good for others? does it get rid of all your acne?
Elisa G.
Elisa G.
Ca
Quick question I know it said oil free but once you take it off does it make your skin more oily or does it make you feel dry?
Claire C.
Claire C.
Antioch, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
How well does this work?
Meagan W.
Meagan W.
Temple City, CA
Does this work for body acne as well?