BY NEUTROGENA

Our acne face wash combines a powerful acne treatment and cleanser in one formula to treat and help prevent breakouts in one simple step. Not only does the oil-free formula gently cleanse deep to pores for clear skin, it contains Salicylic Acid to help get rid of acne and help prevent future breakouts. Plus, the special skin soothers help prevent irritation and over-drying, so it rinses clean and is never oily.

• Residue-free
  • Oil-free
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)

How To Use :

• Cleanse twice a day.
  • Apply to your hands, add water and work into a lather.
  • Massage face gently.
  • Rinse thoroughly.

Active ingredient :

Salicylic Acid 2% (Acne treatment).

Inactive ingredients :

Water, sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, PEG-80 sorbitan laurate, C12-15 alkyl lactate, benzalkonium chloride, disodium EDTA, fragrance, cocamidopropyl PG-dimonium chloride phosphate, propylene glycol, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, sodium hydroxide, citric acid, yellow 5, red 40.

• Does anyone else find that neutrogena face wash is very d...13 Answers
  • Which one is better, I have a oily skin and I tend to lea...4 Answers
  • I have combination skin and having been trying for ages t...2 Answers
Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash
  • "I've been using this for about 12 years. I've had 3 different dermatologists recommend it to me, so it must be good! It is a great basic face wash that lathers well and doesn't leave residue on my face. Years ago I tried switching to another wash but I learned my lesson and went back to the tried and true! It just didn't work for me as well as this. It is not drying on my skin but may be if you have sensitive skin. I don't think any face wash is powerful enough on its own to get rid of acne (the medicine isn't on your skin long enough) but this is great as part of a regimen. It is oil-free so shouldn't give you breakouts!" in 186 reviews
Alicia P.
Vermilion
Purchased at: Target
This product has never really worked for me. I bought it years ago. I also purchased it last year hoping for different results. Very disappointing.
Emalee R.
Twentynine Palms, CA
Purchased at: Walmart
This product tends to make my face very dry and start to flake. Leaves my skin feeling tight and not in a good way.
Heather M.
Purchased at: Walmart
I used this product for 3 weeks and all it did was cause my face to break out even worse. I wouldn't recommend this product
Joyce C.
Purchased at: Walgreens
I did not like this cleanser at all. I have oily skin and thought that this would help with it but, it over dried my skin instead. No matter what moisturizer I used wouldn’t hydrate my face so I stopped using it.
Corrie P.
Kenosha
Purchased at: Walmart
Terrible, awful product. The fragrance is overpowering. The celebrity endorsements do not back up the product. Disappointing from a company with such longevity. Will not purchase again.
Cristina F.
Dobbs Ferry, NY
I had a very negative experience with this product and I couldn’t even finish the bottle, it was almost full when I had to throw it out. It completely dried out my skin and I started getting flaky eyelids and patches around the corners of my mouth. My face also burned when I used this which is never good, and after my showers, I would end up with skin that felt dehydrated, burn and be in pain. It was overall not good; I know many swear by this but it did not work for my skin type, it just irritated me.
Bella H.
Washington, PA
Purchased at: Walmart
This product didn’t seem to work too well. It didn’t hurt or burn my face in any way, which I guess is good, but it didn’t benefit it either.
Nichole S.
Right before I started college, I broke out and it didn't go away with what I was using. I tried this acne wash and it seemed to get better at first, after which I broke out much more. I didn't even use 1/4 of the bottle before I was desperately searching elsewhere. It might work for another skin type, but it wasn't for my oily skin.
what n.
Purchased at: Amazon
Don’t love this. The ingredients in the product need to stay on your skin to actually work. Being that this is a wash, it doesn’t do anything to clear acne for me.
Taylor M.
San Antonio, TX
Purchased at: Walmart
I have been using this product for at least two years and it just doesn't work out for me. My face gets dry but I still have acne I use it day and night
Barbara C.
Hallsville, MO
Does anyone have drying issues, with it?
Katie H.
White Hall, AR
Does anyone else find that neutrogena face wash is very drying to their skin? Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash
Emily G.
Raleigh, NC
Are there any generic options out there for this?
Noelia v.
MIAMI, FL
Does it work?
How many times a day & how long have you been using this product? What are your results?