BY NEUTROGENA

Our acne face wash combines a powerful acne treatment and cleanser in one formula to treat and help prevent breakouts in one simple step. Not only does the oil-free formula gently cleanse deep to pores for clear skin, it contains Salicylic Acid to help get rid of acne and help prevent future breakouts. Plus, the special skin soothers help prevent irritation and over-drying, so it rinses clean and is never oily.

• Residue-free
  • Oil-free
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)

How To Use :

• Cleanse twice a day.
  • Apply to your hands, add water and work into a lather.
  • Massage face gently.
  • Rinse thoroughly.

Active ingredient :

Salicylic Acid 2% (Acne treatment).

Inactive ingredients :

Water, sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, PEG-80 sorbitan laurate, C12-15 alkyl lactate, benzalkonium chloride, disodium EDTA, fragrance, cocamidopropyl PG-dimonium chloride phosphate, propylene glycol, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, sodium hydroxide, citric acid, yellow 5, red 40.

• Does anyone else find that neutrogena face wash is very d...13 Answers
  • Which one is better, I have a oily skin and I tend to lea...4 Answers
  • I have combination skin and having been trying for ages t...2 Answers
Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash
  • "I've been using this for about 12 years. I've had 3 different dermatologists recommend it to me, so it must be good! It is a great basic face wash that lathers well and doesn't leave residue on my face. Years ago I tried switching to another wash but I learned my lesson and went back to the tried and true! It just didn't work for me as well as this. It is not drying on my skin but may be if you have sensitive skin. I don't think any face wash is powerful enough on its own to get rid of acne (the medicine isn't on your skin long enough) but this is great as part of a regimen. It is oil-free so shouldn't give you breakouts!" in 186 reviews
Symone M.
Long Beach, CA
Purchased at: Target
I have combination skin but I started using this product when I was in high school to clear up my slight acne that I had on my face I didn't know at that time that using the product was going to give me the healthy radiant clear looking skin that I have today and I think it all to Neutrogena because that has been my go-to skin care product this is one of the products that I use to keep my skin looking clear if there were no other products available I know that I would always be able to count on Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash
Abby B.
Hockey, TX
The salicylic acid in this product does WONDERS for my face. It’s definitely a good value. Only $6 at my Walmart and there’s even a dupe for it at dollar tree. I’d definitely recommend it. It’s super gentle and i use it with my spin brush whenever i feel like i need a deep exfoliant and just want my face to feel squeaky clean. One con though is that it’s super duper drying. You’ll need a good moisturizer to use afterwards.
Muriel A.
Riverview
I love this acne wash and have been using it since I first started getting acne at 12/13. It’s soft and has a particular smell that always takes me back to my childhood. It always leaves your skin feeling refreshed, clean, and radiant WITHOUT the harshness of a more serious cleanser. It’s perfect for someone with more sensitive skin but still clears your skin from the gunk, dirt, and grime from every day life.
Emily H.
Dothan
This has been my go-to drugstore wash for the past year or so. I love the salicylic acid acne medication within the face wash and I also love that it is in a gel-like form. My only complaint would be the packaging! Whenever I have to travel with this it tends to spill out of the pump. I’ve had to use a plastic baggy so it doesn’t spill all over my other things.
Katelyn S.
Tempe, AZ
It can be drying if used daily but it kept my skin acne free. I had to cut usage back due to dryness. It is the only product to this day that completely removes my liquid foundation. I know this because I use a toner on a cotton ball after cleansing and I still find traces of foundation on the cotton ball with other products but none with this one.
francy P.
Miami
I'm still trying it. For now, my skin is in a process to lose all the acne. The first week using it my skin was so dry and with little pimples all over my face, but now I feel like the product is reducing it for clean the fface. I think that's the why it works.
Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash By the meantime I like it.
🔮🌻🦋HAYLEY N.
Atlanta
great product! gentle but effective if you have mild to no breakouts.  has a nice clean orangey fragrance.  a little goes a long way, so not a lot of product is needed every time you wash. I used this product morning and night. during dryer(colder) months using just at night is fine.
Tisha J.
Raleigh
One of my favorite facial wash products!!! This leaves my skin clean and is not greasy at all. While I do have oily skin this does not dry out my skin. I have used this product for years to help keep acne at bay. I even purchased for my teenage daughter and this works wonders for get as well.
Jana D.
The best! I had tried high end to store brands and this is my go to! Keeps my face clear from breakouts, helps keep the redness away, and leaves my skin feeling super clean.  Highly recommend! I might also add I have super sensitive skin and this does not bother me at all.
Regan F.
Menlo Park
This is a reasonably priced, effective facial cleanser that helps me manage my oily, breakout prone skin. Foams up nicely and I can feel it tingle on some of the more sensitive areas on my face, so I know it’s doing something! No residue afterwards and a little goes a long way.
Barbara C.
Hallsville, MO
Does anyone have drying issues, with it?
Katie H.
White Hall, AR
Does anyone else find that neutrogena face wash is very drying to their skin? Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash
Emily G.
Raleigh, NC
Are there any generic options out there for this?
How many times a day & how long have you been using this product? What are your results?
Noelia v.