BY NEUTROGENA

Benefits :-

Our acne face wash combines a powerful acne treatment and cleanser in one formula to treat and help prevent breakouts in one simple step. Not only does the oil-free formula gently cleanse deep to pores for clear skin, it contains Salicylic Acid to help get rid of acne and help prevent future breakouts. Plus, the special skin soothers help prevent irritation and over-drying, so it rinses clean and is never oily.

• Residue-free
  • Oil-free
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)

How To Use :-

• Cleanse twice a day.
  • Apply to your hands, add water and work into a lather.
  • Massage face gently.
  • Rinse thoroughly.

Active ingredient :-

Salicylic Acid 2% (Acne treatment).

Inactive ingredients :-

Water, sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, PEG-80 sorbitan laurate, C12-15 alkyl lactate, benzalkonium chloride, disodium EDTA, fragrance, cocamidopropyl PG-dimonium chloride phosphate, propylene glycol, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, sodium hydroxide, citric acid, yellow 5, red 40.

Purpose:

Acne Treatment

Use For the treatment of acne.

Warnings: For external use only.
When using this product
avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, flush thoroughly with water.

Keep out of reach of children.If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

Directions Cleanse twice a day. Apply to hands, add water and work into a lather. Massage face gently. Rinse thoroughly.

Other information Store at Room Temperature.

Inactive ingredients :-

• Which one is better, I have a oily skin and I tend to lea...4 Answers
  • I have combination skin and having been trying for ages t...1 Answers
  • I have acne that clusters on my forehead. I'm in need of ...2 Answers
Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash
  • "I've been using this for about 12 years. I've had 3 different dermatologists recommend it to me, so it must be good! It is a great basic face wash that lathers well and doesn't leave residue on my face. Years ago I tried switching to another wash but I learned my lesson and went back to the tried and true! It just didn't work for me as well as this. It is not drying on my skin but may be if you have sensitive skin. I don't think any face wash is powerful enough on its own to get rid of acne (the medicine isn't on your skin long enough) but this is great as part of a regimen. It is oil-free so shouldn't give you breakouts!" in 186 reviews
Himali B.
Westminster, CO
I am not a fan of this cleanser, it has never done anything great for my skin. I have used 3 bottles.

But I still use it sometimes just to check as lot of people have great opinion about this for acne-prone skin.

The packaging is clean & user friendly I like the cleansers with pump as they are easy to use & hygienic. You can lock the pump on this one without any fear of spillage, in-case you need to carry it along when travelling.

Also, I never breakout after using this which is a really good thing for me as I have a acne-prone combination sensitive skin & lot of products.

Overall it's a OK product for me. It might do better for someone maybe as it has Salicylic acid which is good for treating acne.
Danielle A.
Playa Del Rey, CA
I really enjoy using this product and have found it to be very beneficial for my skin. I moved a few months ago and my skin reacted very poorly to its new environment. I never really break out (minus a hormonal zit once a month) or have any other issues, but I was breaking out constantly and having several other problems with my skin. After giving it some time and trying to ride it out, my old products just couldn't combat it and were no longer doing their job.

I tried this after seeing several people mentioned that their dermatologists recommended this and figured it wouldn't be a big loss if it wasn't a miracle product for me. My skin did take about a week to adjust to the product and I noticed some redness and added dryness in my skin during the first few days of use, but I was so pleased with how things went after that. I've been clear ever since and notice that my skin feels more consistent, softer, and glows more now. I've been using this for a few months, now, and am still continuing to see improvements. I will note that I do have dry skin and this can emphasize the dryness, but this is easily combatted with use of a daily moisturizer and sunscreen.
Madison K.
I had really high hopes for Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash. Unfortunately whatever formula Neutrogena used severely dries your skin. The effects were not immediate but with a day or two of use my fave became so dry it stung and around my mouth was so tight it hurt to talk. It might be due to my skin type but my face isn’t dry to begin with. The face wash was very foamy and smooth on the face though and smelled great. Overall because of the effects it had on my face I don’t recommend unless your face is extremely oily
Amanda E.
I had terrible hormonal acne on my forehead and chin as a teenager. I tried almost everything, including the entire Proactiv line, with no tangible results. This is the ONLY product that has consistently cleared up my breakouts, even into adulthood. When I started using this, I saw my whiteheads begin to diminsh within just a week of use. My one complaint is the product is very drying and doesn't do much for blackheads. Teenagers looking to clean up their skin, apply here!!!
Katelyn G.
Bronx, NY
This product is my saving grace!! I have EXTREMELY sensitive eyes, to the point where anything that gets anywhere near my eyes make them swell and burn. So I have a very difficult time with any cleansers, eyeliners, eyeshadow, etc. I have been using this product for almost 8 years now and every time I try to use something else I always come straight back to this one. It doesn’t irritate my eyes, it doesn’t irritate my skin, it’s nearly perfect!
Leah N.
St. Cloud
I picked this up on sale hoping to replace my usual salicylic acid cleanser....this did not work well for me at all. It left my skin feeling stripped (it takes a lot of work for me- I’m pretty oily!) and tight. I felt so dried out after using this consistently for a month. Beyond that, I began to notice frequent and persistent pimples that would crop up while I had this cleanser in rotation. Before introducing this into my routine, my skin had been completely free of breakouts :( I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone: it’s too harsh! Just because something is popular doesn’t mean it works.
Yvonne M.
Shelburne, MA
This is a good face wash but it can be really drying after, so a good moisturizer after is a must! I love that this is my go to when I need to remove a majority of my makeup off and than use a makeup remover wipe after. The smell has always been a good smell and not offending. You don’t need more than a dime size amount so a bottle can last you a while. This can also be purchased at any local drug stores and decently priced.
Pearl L.
Was a horrible first face wash to try. Extremely drying for my face even though I have oily skin. It sucked all moisture out and left skin flakey and burnt. The dryness only made my skin produce more excessive oil that caused me to breakout. By then I had only used 1/6th of it but gave it to my sister to use and she seemed fine, though she told me she also felt a little dry. Would not recommend for any skin type honestly
Alaina F.
Saint Louis, MO
Holy grail acne face wash. I don’t know what it is about this product, but it ALWAYS clears whatever breakouts I have within three days. I use it twice a day with my Clarisonic, and my skin always feels and looks visibly better in such a short amount of time. I don’t know why I keep trying other cleansers because I always go back to this. “Oldie, but a goodie” status for sure!! Will always repurchase.
Chloe W.
Dallas, TX
Wow! I love this face wash! It works so so well!! Since I have normal skin, that gets a small breakout every once in a while, it just gets rid of it throughout the day after using it. I use it every other day, just to give my skin a break but I really like this face wash, because it’s smells really great, the price is great and it definitely does its job. Definitely recommend for Oily/Normal skin!
Barbara C.
Hallsville, MO
Does anyone have drying issues, with it?
Emily G.
Raleigh, NC
Are there any generic options out there for this?
Noelia v.
MIAMI, FL
Does it work?
How many times a day & how long have you been using this product? What are your results?
Christina G.
San Antonio, TX
Why does it dry my face out so much :( it's peeling! And none of my acne seems to be going away, why??