BY NEUTROGENA #96 in Facial Cleansers

Benefits :-

Our acne face wash combines a powerful acne treatment and cleanser in one formula to treat and help prevent breakouts in one simple step. Not only does the oil-free formula gently cleanse deep to pores for clear skin, it contains Salicylic Acid to help get rid of acne and help prevent future breakouts. Plus, the special skin soothers help prevent irritation and over-drying, so it rinses clean and is never oily.

• Residue-free
  • Oil-free
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)

How To Use :-

• Cleanse twice a day.
  • Apply to your hands, add water and work into a lather.
  • Massage face gently.
  • Rinse thoroughly.

Active ingredient :-

Salicylic Acid 2% (Acne treatment).

Inactive ingredients :-

Water, sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, PEG-80 sorbitan laurate, C12-15 alkyl lactate, benzalkonium chloride, disodium EDTA, fragrance, cocamidopropyl PG-dimonium chloride phosphate, propylene glycol, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, sodium hydroxide, citric acid, yellow 5, red 40.

Purpose:

Acne Treatment

Use For the treatment of acne.

Warnings: For external use only.
When using this product
avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, flush thoroughly with water.

Keep out of reach of children.If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

Directions Cleanse twice a day. Apply to hands, add water and work into a lather. Massage face gently. Rinse thoroughly.

Other information Store at Room Temperature.

Inactive ingredients :-

• Which one is better, I have a oily skin and I tend to lean toward...4 Answers
  • I have combination skin and having been trying for ages to find s...1 Answers
  • I have acne that clusters on my forehead. I'm in need of a produc...2 Answers
Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash
  • "I've been using this for about 12 years. I've had 3 different dermatologists recommend it to me, so it must be good! It is a great basic face wash that lathers well and doesn't leave residue on my face. Years ago I tried switching to another wash but I learned my lesson and went back to the tried and true! It just didn't work for me as well as this. It is not drying on my skin but may be if you have sensitive skin. I don't think any face wash is powerful enough on its own to get rid of acne (the medicine isn't on your skin long enough) but this is great as part of a regimen. It is oil-free so shouldn't give you breakouts!" in 186 reviews
Danielle A.
Playa Del Rey, CA
I really enjoy using this product and have found it to be very beneficial for my skin. I moved a few months ago and my skin reacted very poorly to its new environment. I never really break out (minus a hormonal zit once a month) or have any other issues, but I was breaking out constantly and having several other problems with my skin. After giving it some time and trying to ride it out, my old products just couldn't combat it and were no longer doing their job.

I tried this after seeing several people mentioned that their dermatologists recommended this and figured it wouldn't be a big loss if it wasn't a miracle product for me. My skin did take about a week to adjust to the product and I noticed some redness and added dryness in my skin during the first few days of use, but I was so pleased with how things went after that. I've been clear ever since and notice that my skin feels more consistent, softer, and glows more now. I've been using this for a few months, now, and am still continuing to see improvements. I will note that I do have dry skin and this can emphasize the dryness, but this is easily combatted with use of a daily moisturizer and sunscreen.
Himali B.
Westminster, CO
I am not a fan of this cleanser, it has never done anything great for my skin. I have used 3 bottles.

But I still use it sometimes just to check as lot of people have great opinion about this for acne-prone skin.

The packaging is clean & user friendly I like the cleansers with pump as they are easy to use & hygienic. You can lock the pump on this one without any fear of spillage, in-case you need to carry it along when travelling.

Also, I never breakout after using this which is a really good thing for me as I have a acne-prone combination sensitive skin & lot of products.

Overall it's a OK product for me. It might do better for someone maybe as it has Salicylic acid which is good for treating acne.
Leslie R.
Gibsonville, NC
I have used this cleanser for so long I cannot even remember when I first started using it. It’s gentle on the skin and lathers very well. I usually use it after removing my makeup up for an extra cleanse. During the winter my face gets a little more dryer and this tends to add a little to that dryness but it’s nothing moisturizer can’t fix. I also make sure to stop using it when I start getting too dry and go to a gentler cleanser/add a more hydrating moisturizer to my routine. Bonus tip: if you ever need something to cleanse your beauty blenders this product works wonders too.
Danielle N.
Stone Mtn, GA
I really like this facial wash. Neutrogena is one of my favorite skincare brands. This facial cleanser is really gentle on sensitive skin and helps to prevent and reduce acne. Most cleansers have a tendency of leaving my face feeling a bit tight and try after but this one doesn't seem to dry me out as bad.  However I do prefer the  Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash it helps to even my completion better and reduce the redness of any active breakouts.
Van Y.
A little goes a long way (maybe a dime size). It tightens the skin and if you do not moisturize after your skin dries, you will break out, so it is important to moisturize. It does help the acne and acne scars go away, but it doesn't work as well as other products.
To use this product effectively, only use it every other day or just 3x a week because when you first use it, it works for the first few months and then your skin gets comfortable and gets used to the product, thus, making the product not work anymore.
Amanda E.
I had terrible hormonal acne on my forehead and chin as a teenager. I tried almost everything, including the entire Proactiv line, with no tangible results. This is the ONLY product that has consistently cleared up my breakouts, even into adulthood. When I started using this, I saw my whiteheads begin to diminsh within just a week of use. My one complaint is the product is very drying and doesn't do much for blackheads. Teenagers looking to clean up their skin, apply here!!!
Jazzi P.
West Fargo, ND
So this product was great for me in that it dries me
Out. I have oily skin from dehydration so it would remove my oils from the day. The only problem is I was treating the wrong issue and thus my skin stayed the same. It was too drying so it would over produce oils. This would be great for anyone who has truly oily skin or for someone who had a super dirty face because it is really great about removing dirt and oil! I could take off full faces of makeup with it at once.
T B.
So far I love this product! I have been using it for about a week. I only use it once a day as I have drier skin. It’s very light weight on my skin. It feels like a gentle soap but is also very cleaning! The pump is great for use as I get the perfect amount every time.
Katelyn G.
Stewartsville, NJ
This product is my saving grace!! I have EXTREMELY sensitive eyes, to the point where anything that gets anywhere near my eyes make them swell and burn. So I have a very difficult time with any cleansers, eyeliners, eyeshadow, etc. I have been using this product for almost 8 years now and every time I try to use something else I always come straight back to this one. It doesn’t irritate my eyes, it doesn’t irritate my skin, it’s nearly perfect!
Barbara V.
Richardson, TX
I love skincare, but I also love sticking to products that work. I typically don't try out many new face washes because my Garnier brand just works so well for me. Unfortunately, my product has been discontinued, leaving me to go out and find a new one for me that works. After countless trials, I feel this product is the best one out of all on my journey so far (I've used Simple, Khiel's, and Este Lauder). It doesn't feel that squeaky, rough feeling after cleansing my face, lathers up quite easily, moderately removes my makeup, and doesn't clog my pores like the other products I've used. Ideally, I would like a cleanser that would remove my eye makeup similar to my Garnier cleanser, but other than that, this product is fantastic! Keep in mind that I also have sensitive skin as well. And if you're looking to save a buck, Wal-Mart's equate version of this product works just as well!
Barbara C.
Hallsville, MO
Does anyone have drying issues, with it?
Emily G.
Raleigh, NC
Are there any generic options out there for this?
Noelia v.
MIAMI, FL
Does it work?
How many times a day & how long have you been using this product? What are your results?
Christina G.
San Antonio, TX
Why does it dry my face out so much :( it's peeling! And none of my acne seems to be going away, why??