BY NEUTROGENA #73 in Facial Cleansers

Neutrogena® Oil-free acne wash Salicylic acid acne treatment.
Microclear® technology.
#1 dermatologist recommended.

• I have combination skin and having been trying for ages to find s...1 Answers
  • Will this product make your face feel dry or cause dryness?5 Answers
  • Will this clear my dark spots? 2 Answers
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash
  • "I picked this wash up because it's really inexpensive and little loss would happen if my skin had a bad reaction (i have super sensitive skin when it comes to..well..anything)." in 6 reviews
Nichole Z.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have no idea why, because I use other Neutrogena products, but this particular face wash was horrible for my skin. I used it morning and night, and the next morning I woke up and my face was blotchy, textured, swollen, and itchy. I stopped using this immediately and my skin got better over a couple days thank God, but I'm glad I stopped when I did. My skin is no where near sensitive and I can usually throw some pretty intense products at it, so I have no idea what happened, but I would definitely spot use in the beginning to see how your skin will react. I did a lot of research on this after it happened and there are many other reviews about this happening to people. Beware!
Dana N.
San Jose, CA
I really like this product in which my mom actually introduced me to use Neutrogena. First impression of this product is the smell, so naturally compares to other acne wash that I've been used. This cleanser feel really light, soft when I apply it onto my face. It has a lot of bubbles when I rinse my face with water. But Neutrogena acne wash is working very well for me. Since I'm using it, the numbers of pimple on my face started to decrease. Normally, I use it twice a day and I was so amaze by this product. I will sure to keep using Neutrogena oil-free acne wash as my face assistance. Thank you so much that I founded the right cleanser for my face.
Breezy C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Strugglin with acne the past couple years has made me desperate to get rid of not only my breakouts but my acne scars as well. Because of this I've spent tons of money trying to find a miracle product to tame it. Though this may not be a "miracle product" it is the best affordable cleanser that I've found yet and am definitely keeping it in my routine. I've seen a reduction in how many breakouts I have an my skin always feels cleaned and supple afterwards. The only con is that it does dry out your skin a bit but it's nothing some moisturizer couldn't fix
Deni M.
Kissimmee, FL
The Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash is my daily go to product for cleansing my face. After washing my face with this product every night, it leaves my face feeling fresh and clean. I apply moisturizer right after drying my face. If you don't, it can leave your face feeling dry. This is the only product that I have found that prevents acne from reoccurring. I do get a few breakouts from time to time, but they quickly dissappear after cleansing the area with this amazing acne wash. It's truly a great product that works and it's totally affordable.
Chloe E.
Highland Hgts, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have always had pretty sensitive skin, and I still do. But this face wash always feels soft on my skin and has never irritated it. It is refreshing to use in the morning and after a long day, since it's oil-free I can moisturize after using it without feeling like my skin is getting oily! Acne has become rare as well. My acne wasn't bad before, though I had a couple of zits a week. Now it's more like a couple small ones a month! It's a very affordable face wash and I have repurchased it every time it runs out.
Ana M.
Madrid, Madrid
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this product because i have super oily skin and i break out very often, and I've been using it for 5 days and I'm already seeing improvements!
My skin feels super clean after i wash my face, it doesn't irritate my skin (which tends to be a side effect of acne cleansers, since they more often than not, are very abrasive). It doesn't feel like my face is SUPER dry after i wash it.
I'd definitely recommend it! I've tried other Neutrogena products (for acne) and this one is the best so far!
Eaquin G.
I actually used Neutrogena Oil-Free Ance Wash when I was in middle school. Everyday: morning and night. It smelled very fresh and I went through bottles of it. Very affordable since it was only around $7. I'm giving three stars because it did usually strip my skin of its oils and leave my skin very dry until I applied moisturizer. Plus, it did break me out a bit. I didn't know it was the cleanser until after I changed to a different one. I guess my skin just wasn't compatible with this product.
Sheena M.
New Paris, IN
I have tried many acne products in my youth but nothing has seemed to clear my acne, nothing that is until I started washing my face with Neutrogena products.

The Oil-Free Acne wash doesn't seem very soapy when applied, so at first I wondered if it was actually working, but once I wash off the few suds that were there, the results are clear.

My face has never felt so smooth and oil free and I would recommend this product to anyone who struggles with acne and oily skin daily.
Melanie B.
Assonet, MA
This product is great for combination skin. My skin is cystic acne prone so I tend to gear towards stronger facial washes. This product did not dry my skin out or break me out which most products do. I love that it becomes a soapy lather when washing unlike a lot of products I have previously tried so it really feels like you are getting a deep clean. I use this product in the morning and before bed followed by the neutrogena oil free moisturizer and my skin looks amazing!
Alex H.
Flushing, NY
I use this daily and it works great! It helps control the oiliness. My face is nice and smooth throughout the day after using this product. Occasionally it does dry out my face but only if I apply acne spot treatment the night before. If my face does get dried, I use a moisturizer which then brings my face to what it would normally be if I were to wash my face with this product. Overall, awesome product! Oh yeah and the scent isn't feminine which is a plus for the guys.
Barbara C.
Hallsville, MO
Does anyone have drying issues, with it?
Emily G.
Raleigh, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
Are there any generic options out there for this?
How many times a day & how long have you been using this product? What are your results?
Noelia v.
MIAMI, FL
Does it work?
Christina G.
San Antonio, TX
Why does it dry my face out so much :( it's peeling! And none of my acne seems to be going away, why??