BY NEUTROGENA

Neutrogena® Oil-free acne wash Salicylic acid acne treatment.
Microclear® technology.
#1 dermatologist recommended.

• Which one is better, I have a oily skin and I tend to lean toward...3 Answers
  • I have combination skin and having been trying for ages to find s...1 Answers
  • Will this product make your face feel dry or cause dryness?5 Answers
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash
  • "I picked this wash up because it's really inexpensive and little loss would happen if my skin had a bad reaction (i have super sensitive skin when it comes to..well..anything)." in 6 reviews
Jessica S.
Chula Vista, CA
Review for: Oil Free more...
About 6 months ago, I started getting a ton of pimples everywhere, out of no where as well. I thought it was because I didn’t wash my face enough so I bought a acne was from the drug store. That dried me up so much, and I have oily skin. My pimples physically hurt, it stung. I tried proactiv + and that work a very tiny bit, but again, it dried me up. I did natural remedies, nothing helped, it only got worse.

I went to my dermatologist after 2 months of trying on my own and he said it was acne caused by hormones. Basically I was going through puberty part 2. He prescribed me antibiotics and face medication. He also told me to grab Neutrogena’s acne face wash oil free.

I was scared to buy another face wash, especially from the drug store, cause I thought it would dry me up and irritate me even more. But this face wash was actually super soothing and so helpful repairing my flaky dried skin. I can’t give all the credit to this product because I was prescribed meds but honestly, it was a big factor in my results now. For such a simple face wash, it’s really all you need. I’ve been free from that crazy acne for about 4 months now and I still use the same face wash. Don’t think I would change to something else 🙌🏽👌🏽
Himali B.
Denver
Review for: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash more...
I am not a fan of this cleanser, it has never done anything great for my skin. I have used 3 bottles.

But I still use it sometimes just to check as lot of people have great opinion about this for acne-prone skin.

The packaging is clean & user friendly I like the cleansers with pump as they are easy to use & hygienic. You can lock the pump on this one without any fear of spillage, in-case you need to carry it along when travelling.

Also, I never breakout after using this which is a really good thing for me as I have a acne-prone combination sensitive skin & lot of products.

Overall it's a OK product for me. It might do better for someone maybe as it has Salicylic acid which is good for treating acne.
Susana R.
Review for: Oil Free more...
So i have mixed feeling about this....ive been using it for about 3 weeks straight and i have notice some of my blemished getting smallet..but i also nosticed some flaking in my skin. Dryness too. I font know if this will make sense but i also noticed like it burned my face a bit on the side of my mouth and under my chin... Why there who knows. How lever i was recomended to use a moisturizer right after(which i havent been) so im going to start that again and come back with another review.
Britany D.
It's not bad. I've been using a lot of Neutrogena products off and on since middle school. I have yet to find something that will treat my acne significantly so I continue to buy because it doesn't make it worse and it's gentle enough. If and when I find my Holy Grail acne cleanser I will replace this with that. For now I keep using it while I search for one that does work wonders for me.
Vanessa S.
Westland , MI
I have combo-sensitive skin. That being said, this cleanser works pretty well for me. I prefer it in the summer months, when I get more oily, but it will dry out my face, and I’d still breakout occasionally. This product is $8-10 or so, and honestly, I prefer my Mario bedescu cleanser that I got for $14. I think this cleanser may work really well for oily skin, but it did not do much for me, and I think it’s worth it to use more natural and environmental friendly cleansers over this one.
Juliana M.
Whittier, CA
I would give this product 5 stars but I personally don't know how good it works. I use olay face wipes and the cleanser so don't know which one it is that gives my face a smooth and nice feeling. But I like the little beads in it to exfoliate your face and make up applies flawlessly.
Holly L.
Pennellville, NY
iv always been a firm believer that facial washes don't work instantly... iv used this product on & off for many years since I was a teenager im now 31 this product i believe for my skin type it makes it worse before it gets better i believe its because sometimes your skin just needs to get use to it! this product definitely helps my breakouts & sometimes it takes a bit longer for things to really clear up but i personally will stick to this product especially since iv been faithful to this product alone for almost a year... i have very dry/oily skin
Paris D.
Dekalb, IL
I love using Neutrogena products. I have been using them since I started getting acne. I really feel that it does the job of getting rid of my acne and the marks that i left on my face from picking. Although it leaves my face feeling soft and smooth, after a while, my face feels dry. I can tell because whenever i stretch my mouth i began to get dry marks around my mouth and nose. It does not bother me much because i follow behind with a moisturizer or a toner and it fixes the problem.
Lauren W.
Mobile
Cannot say enough how great this cleanser is!! It feels great on the skin and it leaves my skin feeling clean and nourished. It definitely has improved my acne and it doesn’t dry it out. I buy it over and over and I recommend it to everyone
Ace M.
Review for: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash more...
I thought this cleanser was gonna help me with my mild acne because it has grapefruit which is good for the skin, but unfortunately it didn’t. It made me break out more and it dried up my skin. I would never repurchase this again.
Barbara C.
Hallsville, MO
Does anyone have drying issues, with it?
Emily G.
Raleigh, NC
Are there any generic options out there for this?
Noelia v.
MIAMI, FL
Does it work?
How many times a day & how long have you been using this product? What are your results?
Christina G.
San Antonio, TX
Why does it dry my face out so much :( it's peeling! And none of my acne seems to be going away, why??