7 colors available

BY NEUTROGENA #79 in Facial Cleansers

Neutrogena® Oil-free acne wash Salicylic acid acne treatment.
Microclear® technology.
#1 dermatologist recommended.

• I have combination skin and having been trying for ages to find som...1 Answers
  • Will this product make your face feel dry or cause dryness?5 Answers
  • Will this clear my dark spots? 2 Answers
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash
  • "I picked this wash up because it's really inexpensive and little loss would happen if my skin had a bad reaction (i have super sensitive skin when it comes to..well..anything)." in 6 reviews
Taylor W.
Taylor W.
Greensboro, NC
So with cystic acne at an all time high on my facial area, I went back to this Neutrogena product because it is the only product that seems to clear up my acne, while not costing as much as other brands such as Murad. Using this two times a day, doesn't work. For the first week, use it twice a day morning and night, then the next week use this product once a day, only about 3-4 times a week to prevent drying. This product can make your acne worse if you choose to use it twice a day, forever. I've found that by tempering the days I use it, and actually giving my face a break, I've avoided the dryness and painful irritation, all while clearing my acne successfully. This product has a high salicylic acid content, it's a strong acne medicine designed for stubborn acne spot and pimples so please give this a try, before making an opinion early on.
Nichole Z.
Nichole Z.
I have no idea why, because I use other Neutrogena products, but this particular face wash was horrible for my skin. I used it morning and night, and the next morning I woke up and my face was blotchy, textured, swollen, and itchy. I stopped using this immediately and my skin got better over a couple days thank God, but I'm glad I stopped when I did. My skin is no where near sensitive and I can usually throw some pretty intense products at it, so I have no idea what happened, but I would definitely spot use in the beginning to see how your skin will react. I did a lot of research on this after it happened and there are many other reviews about this happening to people. Beware!
Dana N.
Dana N.
San Jose, CA
I really like this product in which my mom actually introduced me to use Neutrogena. First impression of this product is the smell, so naturally compares to other acne wash that I've been used. This cleanser feel really light, soft when I apply it onto my face. It has a lot of bubbles when I rinse my face with water. But Neutrogena acne wash is working very well for me. Since I'm using it, the numbers of pimple on my face started to decrease. Normally, I use it twice a day and I was so amaze by this product. I will sure to keep using Neutrogena oil-free acne wash as my face assistance. Thank you so much that I founded the right cleanser for my face.
Breezy C.
Breezy C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Strugglin with acne the past couple years has made me desperate to get rid of not only my breakouts but my acne scars as well. Because of this I've spent tons of money trying to find a miracle product to tame it. Though this may not be a "miracle product" it is the best affordable cleanser that I've found yet and am definitely keeping it in my routine. I've seen a reduction in how many breakouts I have an my skin always feels cleaned and supple afterwards. The only con is that it does dry out your skin a bit but it's nothing some moisturizer couldn't fix
Deni M.
Deni M.
Kissimmee, FL
The Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash is my daily go to product for cleansing my face. After washing my face with this product every night, it leaves my face feeling fresh and clean. I apply moisturizer right after drying my face. If you don't, it can leave your face feeling dry. This is the only product that I have found that prevents acne from reoccurring. I do get a few breakouts from time to time, but they quickly dissappear after cleansing the area with this amazing acne wash. It's truly a great product that works and it's totally affordable.
Lavanya C.
Lavanya C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I started breaking out again a few weeks ago, so I decided to give this a try over my usual scrub. First of all, it does smell a little like medicine. Be warned. It applies well and foams nicely. It is a little stubborn when it comes to getting all of the product off my face, which is bad when it starts to creep into my eyes. Boy does it burn. I have noticed that I am breaking out less in just a few weeks, so I do think that it's working as necessary. I like the pump handle, and I find that I can still adjust how much I pump into my hands.
Chloe E.
Chloe E.
Highland Hgts, KY
I have always had pretty sensitive skin, and I still do. But this face wash always feels soft on my skin and has never irritated it. It is refreshing to use in the morning and after a long day, since it's oil-free I can moisturize after using it without feeling like my skin is getting oily! Acne has become rare as well. My acne wasn't bad before, though I had a couple of zits a week. Now it's more like a couple small ones a month! It's a very affordable face wash and I have repurchased it every time it runs out.
Ana M.
Ana M.
Madrid, Madrid
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this product because i have super oily skin and i break out very often, and I've been using it for 5 days and I'm already seeing improvements!
My skin feels super clean after i wash my face, it doesn't irritate my skin (which tends to be a side effect of acne cleansers, since they more often than not, are very abrasive). It doesn't feel like my face is SUPER dry after i wash it.
I'd definitely recommend it! I've tried other Neutrogena products (for acne) and this one is the best so far!
Eaquin G.
Eaquin G.
I actually used Neutrogena Oil-Free Ance Wash when I was in middle school. Everyday: morning and night. It smelled very fresh and I went through bottles of it. Very affordable since it was only around $7. I'm giving three stars because it did usually strip my skin of its oils and leave my skin very dry until I applied moisturizer. Plus, it did break me out a bit. I didn't know it was the cleanser until after I changed to a different one. I guess my skin just wasn't compatible with this product.
Cally T.
Cally T.
I have bought this twice now. Now, I have very dry skin yet I still buy the oil free anyways because my husband has oily skin. I still use it anyways because my Moisturizer balances it out and the face wash does its job very well and I will say that yes it does dry out your skin so be careful make sure you apply lotion but I've noticed that it dries out my husband's skin as well so I think the product itself is very drying and you just need to make sure you apply enough moisturizer afterwards.
Barbara C.
Barbara C.
Hallsville, MO
Does anyone have drying issues, with it?
Emily G.
Emily G.
Raleigh, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
Are there any generic options out there for this?
Noelia v.
Noelia v.
MIAMI, FL
Does it work?
How many times a day & how long have you been using this product? What are your results?
Christina G.
Christina G.
San Antonio, TX
Why does it dry my face out so much :( it's peeling! And none of my acne seems to be going away, why??