BY NEUTROGENA #92 in Facial Cleansers

Benefits :-

Our acne face wash combines a powerful acne treatment and cleanser in one formula to treat and help prevent breakouts in one simple step. Not only does the oil-free formula gently cleanse deep to pores for clear skin, it contains Salicylic Acid to help get rid of acne and help prevent future breakouts. Plus, the special skin soothers help prevent irritation and over-drying, so it rinses clean and is never oily.

• Residue-free
  • Oil-free
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)

How To Use :-

• Cleanse twice a day.
  • Apply to your hands, add water and work into a lather.
  • Massage face gently.
  • Rinse thoroughly.

Active ingredient :-

Salicylic Acid 2% (Acne treatment).

Inactive ingredients :-

Water, sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, PEG-80 sorbitan laurate, C12-15 alkyl lactate, benzalkonium chloride, disodium EDTA, fragrance, cocamidopropyl PG-dimonium chloride phosphate, propylene glycol, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, sodium hydroxide, citric acid, yellow 5, red 40.

Purpose:

Acne Treatment

Use For the treatment of acne.

Warnings: For external use only.
When using this product
avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, flush thoroughly with water.

Keep out of reach of children.If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

Directions Cleanse twice a day. Apply to hands, add water and work into a lather. Massage face gently. Rinse thoroughly.

Other information Store at Room Temperature.

Inactive ingredients :-

• Which one is better, I have a oily skin and I tend to lea...4 Answers
  • I have combination skin and having been trying for ages t...2 Answers
  • Does this really work on your face ? How long does it tak...3 Answers
Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash
  • "I've been using this for about 12 years. I've had 3 different dermatologists recommend it to me, so it must be good! It is a great basic face wash that lathers well and doesn't leave residue on my face. Years ago I tried switching to another wash but I learned my lesson and went back to the tried and true! It just didn't work for me as well as this. It is not drying on my skin but may be if you have sensitive skin. I don't think any face wash is powerful enough on its own to get rid of acne (the medicine isn't on your skin long enough) but this is great as part of a regimen. It is oil-free so shouldn't give you breakouts!" in 186 reviews
Himali B.
Westminster, CO
I am not a fan of this cleanser, it has never done anything great for my skin. I have used 3 bottles.

But I still use it sometimes just to check as lot of people have great opinion about this for acne-prone skin.

The packaging is clean & user friendly I like the cleansers with pump as they are easy to use & hygienic. You can lock the pump on this one without any fear of spillage, in-case you need to carry it along when travelling.

Also, I never breakout after using this which is a really good thing for me as I have a acne-prone combination sensitive skin & lot of products.

Overall it's a OK product for me. It might do better for someone maybe as it has Salicylic acid which is good for treating acne.
Danielle A.
Playa Del Rey, CA
I really enjoy using this product and have found it to be very beneficial for my skin. I moved a few months ago and my skin reacted very poorly to its new environment. I never really break out (minus a hormonal zit once a month) or have any other issues, but I was breaking out constantly and having several other problems with my skin. After giving it some time and trying to ride it out, my old products just couldn't combat it and were no longer doing their job.

I tried this after seeing several people mentioned that their dermatologists recommended this and figured it wouldn't be a big loss if it wasn't a miracle product for me. My skin did take about a week to adjust to the product and I noticed some redness and added dryness in my skin during the first few days of use, but I was so pleased with how things went after that. I've been clear ever since and notice that my skin feels more consistent, softer, and glows more now. I've been using this for a few months, now, and am still continuing to see improvements. I will note that I do have dry skin and this can emphasize the dryness, but this is easily combatted with use of a daily moisturizer and sunscreen.
Brittany S.
Crowley , TX
I had hopes for this bc it seemed mild and effect enough for my sensitive skin/face the price was good it felt clean it was easy and convenient however yet again it claims to get rid of blackheads which this product ended up causing them on me and I was not aware that this had fragrance in it fragrance should not be an ingredients your face anyways with somebody with sensitive skin I would not recommend this product bc of the fragrance broke me out worse than when I started this I’ll stick with The benzoyl promise stubborn acne by neutrogena seems more effective and mild for sensitive skin WITHOUT the fragrance!!
Cristina F.
I had a very negative experience with this product and I couldn’t even finish the bottle, it was almost full when I had to throw it out. It completely dried out my skin and I started getting flaky eyelids and patches around the corners of my mouth. My face also burned when I used this which is never good, and after my showers, I would end up with skin that felt dehydrated, burn and be in pain. It was overall not good; I know many swear by this but it did not work for my skin type, it just irritated me.
Amanda E.
I had terrible hormonal acne on my forehead and chin as a teenager. I tried almost everything, including the entire Proactiv line, with no tangible results. This is the ONLY product that has consistently cleared up my breakouts, even into adulthood. When I started using this, I saw my whiteheads begin to diminsh within just a week of use. My one complaint is the product is very drying and doesn't do much for blackheads. Teenagers looking to clean up their skin, apply here!!!
Tracey S.
Columbus, GA
This product dries out my face really bad. But it's one of the few products that helps clear up my skin. And it's not acne. Closest I can find is it must be psoriasis or seborratic dermatitis. But it's the salycilic acid that is the active ingredient. They changed the formula in this and the reviews for this product are very disturbing. Just go online and see for yourself. It doesn't cause a reaction with me. But I would beware and do your research first.
karinmlong L.
Cincinnati
This will always be my go to face wash. I have been using it for the past 10 years (from the age of 14 when I realized regularly washing my face was the only way to fight that oily sheen to now at the age of 24 when dryness is starting to creep in) and have always been deeply brand loyal. It doesn’t leave any grease or makeup behind, guarding you from a breakout, but also leaves you enough natural moisture not to dry out. A blessing in a bottle!
Katelyn G.
Bronx, NY
This product is my saving grace!! I have EXTREMELY sensitive eyes, to the point where anything that gets anywhere near my eyes make them swell and burn. So I have a very difficult time with any cleansers, eyeliners, eyeshadow, etc. I have been using this product for almost 8 years now and every time I try to use something else I always come straight back to this one. It doesn’t irritate my eyes, it doesn’t irritate my skin, it’s nearly perfect!
Hanna O.
This is my favorite face wash. It really makes my skin feel squeaky clean. I have combo skin that is acne prone and this doesn't agitate my skin at all. It foams up so much and really deeply cleans my face. It has a faint smell, but not a heavy agitating smell. The packaging is nice and leak proof and it lasts so long. If your in need of a good acne wash I'd choose this one! I also apply with the eco tools face cleansing brush
Yvonne M.
Shelburne , MA
This is a good face wash but it can be really drying after, so a good moisturizer after is a must! I love that this is my go to when I need to remove a majority of my makeup off and than use a makeup remover wipe after. The smell has always been a good smell and not offending. You don’t need more than a dime size amount so a bottle can last you a while. This can also be purchased at any local drug stores and decently priced.
Barbara C.
Hallsville, MO
Does anyone have drying issues, with it?
Emily G.
Raleigh, NC
Are there any generic options out there for this?
Noelia v.
MIAMI, FL
Does it work?
How many times a day & how long have you been using this product? What are your results?
Christina G.
San Antonio, TX
Why does it dry my face out so much :( it's peeling! And none of my acne seems to be going away, why??

back