BY NEUTROGENA #42 in Sunscreen

Neutrogena ultra sheer stick provides powerful sun protection paired with a lightweight, non-shiny finish. This product features helioplex, a breadth of stabilized sunscreen technologies that delivers superior protection from the sun. see more...

• Has anyone tried this sunblock? i have sensitive skin and would lik...3 Answers
  • I have very fair prone to burning skin. Also very sensitive. Would ...4 Answers
  • Has anyone used a stick like this? I always go for the spray bottle...1 Answers
Marilyn K.
Marilyn K.
Barrington, IL
I use this every single day. Neutrogena with Helioplex was recommended to me by my dermatologist a few years ago, and I've been using it ever since. I discovered this version about a year ago, and I keep one in my purse and both of our cars. I use it on my hands and arms when I'm in the car, and if it's been a few hours since I applied sunscreen on my face, I reapply it there also. I LOVE that it's not liquidy, sticky, visible. I have pale, fragile skin and have had skin cancer removed on my arms, so I am extremely careful about being in the sun. Don't know what I'll do if it's ever discontinued!
joyce l.
joyce l.
Campbell, CA
My daughter hates using cream sunscreen because she doesn't like to get it on her fingers. And, she doesn't like spray-ons because of the strong smell. So what is a mother to do? The answer is this stick sunscreen block. Every summer, I make sure we have several sticks in the house for her to grab at a moment's notice. She usually starts putting in on in the car, as we drive to the pool or beach and then puts on the remainder after we get to our destination. The Neutrogena stick glides on easy and offers a great no mess, and has a very light smell to it.
Lindsay M.
Lindsay M.
Costa Mesa, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is really handy for your face, but it's not as versatile or quick to use at the spray sunscreen with Helioplex. I would say using a primer with SPF is a little more conducive for the face, especially since it doesn't clog pores as much. But if you just have a few specific spots to cover and don't want to be in an area where a spray works, this is definitely a better alternative to the cream sunscreen. I always love Neutrogena, but this is just so-so for me as far as usage- it works perfectly fine although you definitely don't feel as dry
Carolyn H.
Carolyn H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I first came across this stick as a bonus in a Costco two-pack of Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 55 that I purchased for a vacation that we went on. I barely ended up using the lotion and stuck with this trusty stick the entire time. My skin didn't tan at all (which I promise is a good thing, sun worshippers!) and I didn't burn a bit. Extra plus is that it's TSA-approved, so you don't have to worry about putting it in checked luggage!
Sydnee S.
Sydnee S.
This sunscreen is great to use on the face or any parts of the body you want to pin point. It has a nice, decent smell. It doesn't feel too sticky either. Its a good price and you can find it at just about any drug store. This is my favorite sun screen and I use it all summer. I would highly recommend this sunscreen to anyone who wants good protection from the sun, I've never gotten burnt wearing it.
Kelly W.
Kelly W.
Dallas, TX
The Neutrogena brand is the only sunscreen that I will buy. I am incredibly fair skinned but the very high SPF options from this company allow me to feel capable of going out in the sun without damaging my skin permanently. Additionally i can use it on my face without getting too oily. Also, i have sensitive skin and have had some bad reactions to other brands but never to this one
Jae I K.
Jae I K.
I love neutrogena products. This sunscreen was great for me because I spend a lot of time outside. Needless to say this sunscreen is long wearing and sweatproof. I found I didn't need to reapply that often as other sunscreens require multiple layers.
Though I usually prefer a spray this was great.
The only drawback is the camera flash leaves a white cast on your face...
Ernestina G.
Ernestina G.
Los Banos, CA
I bought this product from a package deal I got at costco with a discount. And I usually use spf for the face from other brands. Every day I use spf. Rain or shine. And I love this product you don't have you get spf on your hands. I add sunscreen daily on my body and I usually for her that and I at times rub spa in my eyes. This just rolls on and feel like silk
Courtney H.
Courtney H.
Georgetown, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this sunscreen. It's in stick form, so you don't make a mess putting it on. It isn't greasy, so it's great for your face and body. I used it at the zoo and didn't get burnt at all, which is unusual for me (as shown in the photo, I'm a redhead). I did reapply it throughout the day. But it was great, even under my makeup! Love that it's spf 70!
Diana L.
Diana L.
Abilene, TX
This product save my skin this last summer. I'm from Texas and when it's summer time the sun really gets out there and when you do a lot of outside activities, you need to protect your skin. I usually end up with really bad shoulder burns during the summer but not this year because I used this sunscreen and I was so perfect and the smell wasn't bad
Sam G.
Sam G.
Newnan, GA
I have very fair prone to burning skin. Also very sensitive. Would this be a good choice for me??
Adri R.
Adri R.
San Juan, PR
Has anyone tried this sunblock? i have sensitive skin and would like to make sure it doesn't have side effects
Elena S.
Elena S.
Redlands, CA
I have been looking for a sunscreen that's very long lasting and not too oily and also not a spray. Is this one someone would recommend?
Toynga P.
Toynga P.
Robinsonville, MS
I have had this suncreen since last year,I put it on before I put my make up on,do this break anybody else out that may have problem skin already and or that may have combination skin such as hurtful bumps popping up etc?
Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Philadelphia, PA
Has anyone used a stick like this? I always go for the spray bottles just because they are not messy was thinking of trying this. What's your thoughts?