BY NEUTROGENA #5 in Facial Moisturizers

Benefits:-

Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel instantly quenches dry skin and keeps it looking smooth, supple and hydrated day after day. Our award-winning and best selling water gel formula absorbs quickly and instantly delivers intense hydration. And it contains hydrating hyaluronic acid, which is naturally found in the skin and acts as a sponge, absorbing up to 1,000 times its weight in water. This formula leaves skin more supple and smooth.

Plus, it’s an oil-free moisturizer, so you can wear it alone or under makeup as a smooth, velvety primer.

• Non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores)
  • 100% alcohol free

How To Use :-

• Apply evenly to face and neck after cleansing

Ingredients:-

Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/vinyl Dimenticone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

• Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel Does this work really w...2 Answers
  • I moisturize and prime before makeup. I use it cosmetics ...3 Answers
Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel
  • "I have a huge problem with dry skin and it's REALLY bad in the winter months. Unfortunately, I also have very sensitive skin and most products I try end up giving me break outs. I've tried a number of different sensitive skin / hypoallergenic moisturizes and I ALWAYS end up with pimples all over my face. This Neutrogena hydro boost water gel is the only product that has worked for me. It feels fantastic going on and soaks in very quickly. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and soft all day. I apply it after my shower every morning and my skin feels wonderful all day. I'm from Michigan and the harsh winter winds usually irritate my face pretty badly, but this gel stops that. Honestly, I feel I will be using this product for a long, long time. Also, you don't need very much each time, so this jar should last quite a while. I received this product for free to review, but all opinions are my own." in 390 reviews
  • "I have pretty dry but sensitive skin so finding a face lotion that doesn't irritate it can be really tough for me. This stuff actually feels a bit strange at first but you get used to it quickly and it does a really great job of moisturizing without causing breakouts. I highly recommend it." in 378 reviews
  • "I've been using this for a few weeks and I have to say its my new holy grail moisturizer! I have combo skin and this just sinks right into the skin and keeps your face moisturized without feeling or looking greasy. LOVE it! I also have super sensitive skin and have had no problems :) " in 174 reviews
Linh H.
SEATTLE, WA
This is one of my favorite Neutrogena beside their make-up remover products. It's like an aqua gel and very light weight. Good for little dry skin but if you have very dry skin I don't think this can prevent it. I use it morning and night. I think I had used at least 4 jars now. It's not very long lasting but because it's a like water gel it goes on skin easy and smoothly. Smell ok. This is my drug store to-go products when I'm broke lol and can't afford high-end one for that month. Overall, It does the job!Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel
Kristen D.
Haverhill, MA
So I had a hard time rating this moisturizer. I actually used it for years but then I went cruelty free and Neutrogena is NOT a cruelty free company which was actually surprising to me. Anyways, I think this product works really well, especially during the cold dry winters here in New England. It can be a little much for summer unless your skin is super dry. But you could always use it as a night cream during those months. The price point is not horrid at $20 (or at least that’s what I last paid for it). But still, I can’t recommend it because they test on animals. How can I use a product that’s supposed to make me feel beautiful when I know some poor bunny suffered for it?
Sarah H.
Gresham, OR
This is the HOLY GRAIL of moisturizers! This has really changed my skin and my life! I’ve always had very oily skin and was always scared to use lotions because I was scared it would break me out! I’ve been using this for a few months now and my skin is so much smoother less fine lines and I really feel like it has helped with regulating my oil production! This doesn’t break me out at all! My only complaint is that the jar looks bigger that the amount of product you actually get! But I keep buying this and I’ve gotten multiple people hooked on it as well! I’ve tried multiple things from this hydroboost line and they are ALL AMAZING!!! Way to go neutrogena!
Jessica B.
Homer Glen, IL
I looove this moisturizer. My skin has been insanely dry, irritated, flaky in the last week. I picked this up on Saturday to give it a try. It makes my skin feel so plump and just well hydrated after applying it. A little goes a long way!! One little dip of your finger can cover your whole face. It is absorbed so quickly it doesn't feel greasy whatsoever. It does have a pretty strong perfume scent but I think it's well worth looking past. I have tried this and the 'Tarte drink of. H2O' the tarte one definitely has a more pleasant scent but it doesn't feel as hydrating and doesn't absorb as well as this one. Soo worth buying!!
Jessica F.
Peoria
I was a bit disappointed with this moisturizer. I have extremely dry skin so I'm always trying out new moisturizers. While this did make my skin feel hydrated immediately after putting it on, my skin was back to being dry within just a couple hours. So it definitely didn't keep my skin moisturized for long. So this would probably be better for someone with more combo skin or someone who is just slightly dry. On the plus side, I do think the price is reasonable.
Teri B.
I didn't really seem to notice a difference when I used this. Although it did however make my skin feel pretty nice, but I didn't notice anything like my acne clearing up, my face being well moisturized by this, or my oil being more controlled. I do like how a little bit of this does go a long way so a jar of this will last a while. The consistency is pretty thin, not as thin as water, but also not as thick as a gel. It's like the perfect in between mixture, hence the name water gel. I did use up the jar that I had since it did not break me out, but I wont repurchase it since it really didn't do anything for my skin either.
Becca W.
Helena
My favorite drugstore moisturizer!!! I go through a jar once or twice a month depending on my skin’s needs. I have oily (summer) and oily combination (winter) skin and this keeps me hydrated and cuts down on the oil production of my skin. It really does feel like what you think gel water would and it quenches dry skin the exact same way a big gulp of water feels at 3am. I cannot even begin to explain how much I love this product.
You do have to be careful in stores not to accidentally grab the water cream. Their packaging is nearly identical, with the only changes being the water cream jar is a slightly darker blue and has a small logo that says it is for dry skin.
Casey T.
scottsdale, AZ
Sooo glad I bought this. I was previously using the Clinique Moisture Surge, which I loved, but it sometimes clogged my pores and was a bit more expensive than I would like. I bought this instead, and I love it! The gel consistency feels great on my skin, sinks in really nicely and doesn't make my face look greasy or oily at all. I have oily skin so this is important for me. It provides just enough moisture but not too much to where it feels heavy. Perfect under makeup. This does have a fragrance, which was slightly weird to me at first, but I have gotten used to it. I will continue buying this!!
Ali G.
I tried this out as I used to have very oily skin, but as of recent my skin has gotten rather dry from the regimen my derm gave me about a year ago. I still wanted to go with a light moisturizer as I like gel moisturizers and I enjoyed the moisture bomb by belief. I thought and read that this would be a dupe of that. It definitely dried my skin out a bit from the alcohols in this. I used it up and will not be repurchasing because of that reason. I'm trying to steer clear of products with alcohols and other drying ingredients as of lately. I wouldn't really recommend this for anyone.
Beatriz G.
chicago ridge , IL
this moisturizer is great for oily skin! in general, gel moisturizers are the best for oily skin bc the water based formula means you’re not adding any extra oils to your skin and it dries down matte to help with the shine your oils create—oil based formulas are meant for dry skin bc of the extra moisture it adds aka it makes oily skin look mad shiny. in general whenever you’re looking at moisturizers just check the ingredients and make sure water is one of the first ingredients— or it’ll just say gel in the name of it lol. the only thing about this one is that it isn’t the best in the winter. i kinda have to layer it on or add a different moisturizer on top of my dry spots. other than that it’s great for the summer if you have oily skin! definitely wouldn’t recommend to people with dry skin! this would be too drying for you.
Maya S.
I keep seeing this gel and am hesitant to buy it, does it live up to the hype?
Samantha P.
Crittenden , KY
I've been wanting to try this product. Does it leave your skin oily?
Alexis M.
I have super super oily skin. Would this be a good moisturizer for me?
Jennifer G.
Edinburg , TX
Does it make your skin oily?
Lily Z.
Does it absorb quickly and is it suitable for combination skin?