BY NEUTROGENA

Benefits:

Delivers powerful broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection with a water-light feel. This sunscreen lotion with SPF 50 quenches skin with vital hydration.

Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel Lotion Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 delivers superior broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection and hydration with a water-light, refreshing feel. This water-resistant sunscreen lotion with SPF 50 leaves skin looking healthy and moisturized for up to eight hours without any greasy residue or white marks. The non-greasy sunscreen has a light, clean feel and layers invisibly under makeup. Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel Lotion Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 is oil-free and non-comedogenic, which means it won’t clog pores.

• Broad spectrum SPF 50 sun protection
  • Hydrates skin for 8 hours
  • Non-greasy and oil-free sunscreen

How To Use

• Apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure

Reapply:

• After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
  • Immediately after towel drying
  • At least every 2 hours
  • Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
  • Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats and sunglasses
  • Children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor

Other Information:

Protect this product from excessive heat and direct sun
may stain some fabrics

Ingredients:-

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Hydrolyzed Potato Starch Dodecenylsuccinate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Linoleamidopropyl PG-dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium-10, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Potassium Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydroxyacetophenone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum

Active ingredients

Avobenzone (2.7%), Homosalate (9%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (9%), Oxybenzone (4.5%)

Purpose

Sunscreen

Indications/Uses
helps prevent sunburn

Warnings and Precautions:
Do not use on damaged or broken skin
When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
Stop use and ask a doctor if rash occurs

Directions:

apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure reapply: after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating immediately after towel drying at least every 2 hours Sun Protection Measures: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including: limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m. wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor

Other information
Protect this product from excessive heat and direct sun
May stain some fabrics

Inactive ingredients

Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Caprylyl Methicone, Diisopropyl Adipate, Silica, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dimethicone, Polyurethane-62, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyacetophenone, Pentylene Glycol, Aluminum Starch Cctenylsuccinate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Crosspolymer, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Fragrance,Chlorphenesin, Menthyl Lactate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium Edta, Trideceth-6, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Violet 2, Blue 1

Buy on ULTA*
Amanda G.
Today I am writing my review on the new Neutrogena hydro boost water gel lotion sunscreen that I received complimentary from the Home Tester club in exchange for my honest opinions. This sunscreen is advertised as a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with SPF 50 protection. It is advertised to hydrate and moisturize skin while feeling light and refreshing for up to 8 hours of wear. Additionally, this formulation was created to not leave skin feeling greasy or leave a white cast. It is created to be oil-free, non-comedogenic, and light enough to wear under makeup. I was hesitant to wear this on my face at first because I have naturally oily skin but was pleasantly surprised with the results. This sun screen has a wonderfully refreshing and light texture similar to water gel based moisturizers but appearance-wise resembles typical opaque, thick sunscreens. I find that a little goes a long way for my face. The sunscreen itself is light blue with a hint of a fresh scent. Unlike most American brand sunscreens, I found this one to be non-sticky and not leave a white cast. I will caution oily skin individuals like myself to be aware that this formulation leaves a slight shiny finish which may be a deal breaker for some. This sunscreen did not leave me feeling greasy and does a greet job of providing my skin with hydration and moisture. I did find that it does take a little while for it to absorb into my skin properly. I have worn this sunscreen under my makeup and found it to be light enough and can be used without primer because of how hydrating it is. So far after two weeks of use I haven’t been able to properly gauge whether or not it has clogged my pores but I have noticed some congested pores lately. Overall, I would rate this product a 4.0/5.0 because it has a shiny finish and could possibly clog my pores but otherwise lives up to its claims of being a light-weight, hydrating, non-sticky sunscreen formulation.
Carly S.
Windsor
I've been looking for an affordable sunscreen that doesn't sting my face, doesn't leave a white cast, and doesn't leave me greasy. This sunscreen fits the bill. It has a blueish color and goes on totally translucent and it felt like putting a light moisturizer on my face. It leaves a small shine, but that easily goes away once I've put on my foundation or just let it dry.

I also wore this to a baseball game in which it was 80 degrees and I was directly in the sun for 2 hours. I was sweating like crazy but my skin didn't burn at all, even my nose which always has a little red on it. At least give this sunscreen a try, it's so great!
Jennifer T.
Summer is here which means I’m looking for a good sunscreen to use outside, at the pool etc. I came across this Hydro Boost Gel Lotion sunscreen and decided to try it. It’s blue just like the original Neutrogena moisturizer and a little goes a very long way. I personally think it’s slightly greasy but not like other sunscreens where you just feel gross after applying. The only major downfall for me is the smell. It doesn’t smell like sunscreen but whatever it is there’s too much for me to use on my face without getting a headache.
Amelie C.
montreal, QC
The product smells like most sunscreen on the market but a little different. The product comes out white but with the contact of the skin it melts and becomes translucent, it feel light and hydrating on the skin, not greasy nor does it leave a sticky or white film on the skin. To me its a more high quality sunscreen. This would be great for people for sensitive skin, I think its great that the bottle is 88ml good for carry-on liquid items you bring when traveling. I would recommend this product! #Gotitforfree
Angela M.
Riviera beach, FL
Maria L.
Brooklyn, NY
Pros: Feels light on, non-greasy, leaves skin with dewy look. Doesn't even feel like you're wearing sunscreen but a face lotion. Cons: Fragrance is subtle but a bit off-putting in that it kind of reminds me of head and shoulders scent. Also note, although it is advertised to be invisible the color of the lotion is less gel like and more so like a runny, milky consistency.
Jina S.
Sauk Rapids
So far, I really like this SPF for running, or an every day sunscreen under makeup on days that I am out and about in the sun. My only concern with this product so far is that it seems to clog my pores if I wear it too often. But it layers invisibly under makeup and seems to keep me sunburn free, which is really the end goal anyway!
Poonam P.
Recently purchased this and works amazing. As it says its a gel consistency and works well as a lotion. This is great for those with dry skin. Once you blend in the product there is no white cast, so can work well under makeup or just as is. It is not expensive compared to the high end sunscreens
Sierra R.
Modesto
I haven’t bought this product yet, but I’ve heard a lot about it and it’s something I’m going to buy. It has SPF 50 and it’s supposed to be lightweight/hydrating which is what I’m looking to wear during the day under my makeup. I’m looking forward to trying it and will update my review once I’ve got it
Amanda H.
This has become new holy grail sunscreen. It has light, thin texture and spreads very easily so you don’t need to use too much. It takes a minute to fully absorb, but I noticed that patting it in instead of rubbing can help with that. It does have a floral-like fragrance to it which fades eventually, but if you have a sensitivity to fragrances you might want to avoid it. I tend to have oily skin, but this does not increase my oiliness or make me look greasy. It is lightly hydrating and has worn well under makeup.