BY NEUTROGENA #9 in Facial Moisturizers

Benefits:-

Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel instantly quenches dry skin and keeps it looking smooth, supple and hydrated day after day. Our award-winning and best selling water gel formula absorbs quickly and instantly delivers intense hydration. And it contains hydrating hyaluronic acid, which is naturally found in the skin and acts as a sponge, absorbing up to 1,000 times its weight in water. This formula leaves skin more supple and smooth.

Plus, it’s an oil-free moisturizer, so you can wear it alone or under makeup as a smooth, velvety primer.

• Non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores)
  • 100% alcohol free

How To Use :-

• Apply evenly to face and neck after cleansing

Ingredients:-

Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/vinyl Dimenticone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

• Hello! Do you recommend this product at all? I’ve been wa...6 Answers
  • Is this for dry skin ?6 Answers
Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel
  • "I have a huge problem with dry skin and it's REALLY bad in the winter months. Unfortunately, I also have very sensitive skin and most products I try end up giving me break outs. I've tried a number of different sensitive skin / hypoallergenic moisturizes and I ALWAYS end up with pimples all over my face. This Neutrogena hydro boost water gel is the only product that has worked for me. It feels fantastic going on and soaks in very quickly. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and soft all day. I apply it after my shower every morning and my skin feels wonderful all day. I'm from Michigan and the harsh winter winds usually irritate my face pretty badly, but this gel stops that. Honestly, I feel I will be using this product for a long, long time. Also, you don't need very much each time, so this jar should last quite a while. I received this product for free to review, but all opinions are my own." in 390 reviews
  • "I have pretty dry but sensitive skin so finding a face lotion that doesn't irritate it can be really tough for me. This stuff actually feels a bit strange at first but you get used to it quickly and it does a really great job of moisturizing without causing breakouts. I highly recommend it." in 378 reviews
  • "I've been using this for a few weeks and I have to say its my new holy grail moisturizer! I have combo skin and this just sinks right into the skin and keeps your face moisturized without feeling or looking greasy. LOVE it! I also have super sensitive skin and have had no problems :) " in 174 reviews
Ashley C.
I'm really happy I bought this on a whim! This winter is really drying my skin out, using retinol products doesn't help either. I have some moisturizers already but while at Wal-Mart, I saw this on the shelf while browsing, I heard a lot of good things about it, so I bought it. I hadn't tried any sort of gel moisturizer yet, so this was my first. I love how it makes my face feel. You don't need a lot at all either, I can see this jar lasting me a while. It absorbs really fast and it isn't greasy whatsoever. Hours later, my face will still be soft and moisturized and I don't look oily. It hasn't lead to any pimples forming either, so that's great. As dry as my skin has been lately, I actually have combo/sometimes oily skin. I'm glad I'm not stuck using something so heavy and thick on my face anymore. I think I'll be able to use this in the summer when the humidity is up, that's when I have the tendency to get oily. It also wears really well under makeup and you don't need to spend a fortune to get it.
Pc L.
Seattle
My skin is light and dry but the dryness is not really bad. Since i move to a cold and rainy state, it starts to be worse so i took an advice of my friend and try this one. I used to not pay attention much on makeup and skincare since one day i met an old friend and she said my skin looks paler and she can see clearly those nerves. And this is the only product i’ve been using for couple of months, even i bought and use the 2nd bottle! Silly me. I started to feel how sensitive my skin are getting. It get red spots after i go to the gym, after i sauna or even after i sweat!! Sometimes i even feel those little burning feels on my face especially when i use any product contains alcohol. Maybe it fits other really well but this is not for me. Even when i used it, i just feel like it just sit there on my face and the day after when i woke up and wash my face, it goes all the way out. But i keep convince myself maybe should give it more time but i was WRONG!!! Big disappointed.
Mallory M.
Everett, WA
I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this product! Gel-moisturizers are all over the place right now, and if you’re confused on where to start because there’s so many now, this is a perfect one to add to your collection. It’s great for all skin types. Even sensitive and acne prone. Because that WAS what my skin was like, before I started using this religiously. Gel-moisturizers are great if you don’t want to use a heavy cream moisturizer, since they are so heavy and sometimes greasy or oily feeling, which can cause clogged pores or can cause you to actually OVER moisturize your face which also leads to clogged pores and excess sebum which only creates... pimples! Which I try to avoid at all costs. So with gel-moisturizers, you don’t ever need to worry about them being too heavy or causing a breakout. They won’t. They’re just excellent for retaining moisture in your skin for 12-24 hours. They’re affordable too! You can find this gel-moisturizer at any local drugstore like, Target, Wal-mart, Bartell’s, Walgreens, or Rite-Aid. They’re everywhere. And for about $11-$14 but you get that giant tub, that lasts for months! I use mine every morning and every night and I can honestly say it’s been about 3-3.5 months of me having the same tub of it. You can’t go wrong with this moisturizer. It’s definitely worth checking out and just purchasing at least your first gel-moisturizer since there are so many out there. And most of them nowadays are jam packed with awesome skin benefiting ingredients!
Crystal C.
Beaverton, OR
I usually do not purchase drugstore skincare. Mainly because they’re usually just expensive water. Meaning the main ingredient that makes up the product is usually water. However, I read an article about a skincare and they recommended this product so I decided to give it a try. I purchased it at Target for $16.99 and I will say I’m thoroughly enjoying it. First off the jar doesn’t feel cheap. The product itself has a very refreshing scent that’s not too overpowering. The gel consistency glides onto your skin effortlessly without feeling tacky. My skin always feels super hydrated and plump after applying. And about a week later my skin was definitely softer! I would highly recommend.
Kristen D.
Haverhill, MA
So I had a hard time rating this moisturizer. I actually used it for years but then I went cruelty free and Neutrogena is NOT a cruelty free company which was actually surprising to me. Anyways, I think this product works really well, especially during the cold dry winters here in New England. It can be a little much for summer unless your skin is super dry. But you could always use it as a night cream during those months. The price point is not horrid at $20 (or at least that’s what I last paid for it). But still, I can’t recommend it because they test on animals. How can I use a product that’s supposed to make me feel beautiful when I know some poor bunny suffered for it?
Sarah H.
Gresham, OR
This is the HOLY GRAIL of moisturizers! This has really changed my skin and my life! I’ve always had very oily skin and was always scared to use lotions because I was scared it would break me out! I’ve been using this for a few months now and my skin is so much smoother less fine lines and I really feel like it has helped with regulating my oil production! This doesn’t break me out at all! My only complaint is that the jar looks bigger that the amount of product you actually get! But I keep buying this and I’ve gotten multiple people hooked on it as well! I’ve tried multiple things from this hydroboost line and they are ALL AMAZING!!! Way to go neutrogena!
Amy H.
Clarksburg , WV
Five stars is not enough for the  Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel !  It is by far one of the best moisturizers I have ever used!  It saved my skin this past winter, along with other hydro boost products.  The formula is like no other!  It sinks in and doesn't leave my skin feel greasy.  It doesn't clog my pores and cause breakouts.  I have used this moisturizer in the morning and at night.  It helps my makeup look flawless.  I will repurchase this product again and again!
Jessica B.
Homer Glen, IL
I looove this moisturizer. My skin has been insanely dry, irritated, flaky in the last week. I picked this up on Saturday to give it a try. It makes my skin feel so plump and just well hydrated after applying it. A little goes a long way!! One little dip of your finger can cover your whole face. It is absorbed so quickly it doesn't feel greasy whatsoever. It does have a pretty strong perfume scent but I think it's well worth looking past. I have tried this and the 'Tarte drink of. H2O' the tarte one definitely has a more pleasant scent but it doesn't feel as hydrating and doesn't absorb as well as this one. Soo worth buying!!
Marissa H.
I live in the Midwest where the weather tends to dramatically change on us! My face was getting very dry from the winter cold and I decided to do some research on products that can help. I decided on this one and I am SO happy I did! I purchased this at Walmart for about $16-17 after tax. I went home to hurry up and try this. My face was INSTANTLY moisturized. I could not believe it. It seemed to just soak right into my skin and hold the moisture throughout the day. It cured my poor dry face. It is super long lasting too!
I cannot wait to try the other Neutrogena Hydro Boost products with this one. I have just recently been running low on this so I am going back out to purchase more and try the other products!
Teri B.
I didn't really seem to notice a difference when I used this. Although it did however make my skin feel pretty nice, but I didn't notice anything like my acne clearing up, my face being well moisturized by this, or my oil being more controlled. I do like how a little bit of this does go a long way so a jar of this will last a while. The consistency is pretty thin, not as thin as water, but also not as thick as a gel. It's like the perfect in between mixture, hence the name water gel. I did use up the jar that I had since it did not break me out, but I wont repurchase it since it really didn't do anything for my skin either.
Maya S.
I keep seeing this gel and am hesitant to buy it, does it live up to the hype?
Samantha P.
Crittenden , KY
I've been wanting to try this product. Does it leave your skin oily?
Jennifer G.
Edinburg, TX
Does it make your skin oily?
Alexis M.
I have super super oily skin. Would this be a good moisturizer for me?
Lily Z.
Does it absorb quickly and is it suitable for combination skin?