BY NEUTROGENA #8 in Facial Moisturizers

Benefits:-

Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel instantly quenches dry skin and keeps it looking smooth, supple and hydrated day after day. Our award-winning and best selling water gel formula absorbs quickly and instantly delivers intense hydration. And it contains hydrating hyaluronic acid, which is naturally found in the skin and acts as a sponge, absorbing up to 1,000 times its weight in water. This formula leaves skin more supple and smooth.

Plus, it’s an oil-free moisturizer, so you can wear it alone or under makeup as a smooth, velvety primer.

• Non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores)
  • 100% alcohol free

How To Use :-

• Apply evenly to face and neck after cleansing

Ingredients:-

Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/vinyl Dimenticone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

• Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel Does this work really w...2 Answers
  • I moisturize and prime before makeup. I use it cosmetics ...3 Answers
Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel
  • "I have a huge problem with dry skin and it's REALLY bad in the winter months. Unfortunately, I also have very sensitive skin and most products I try end up giving me break outs. I've tried a number of different sensitive skin / hypoallergenic moisturizes and I ALWAYS end up with pimples all over my face. This Neutrogena hydro boost water gel is the only product that has worked for me. It feels fantastic going on and soaks in very quickly. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and soft all day. I apply it after my shower every morning and my skin feels wonderful all day. I'm from Michigan and the harsh winter winds usually irritate my face pretty badly, but this gel stops that. Honestly, I feel I will be using this product for a long, long time. Also, you don't need very much each time, so this jar should last quite a while. I received this product for free to review, but all opinions are my own." in 390 reviews
  • "I have pretty dry but sensitive skin so finding a face lotion that doesn't irritate it can be really tough for me. This stuff actually feels a bit strange at first but you get used to it quickly and it does a really great job of moisturizing without causing breakouts. I highly recommend it." in 378 reviews
  • "I've been using this for a few weeks and I have to say its my new holy grail moisturizer! I have combo skin and this just sinks right into the skin and keeps your face moisturized without feeling or looking greasy. LOVE it! I also have super sensitive skin and have had no problems :) " in 174 reviews
Ravan A.
Pittsburgh, PA
Day 1: My skin is in really bad shape right now. Sometimes my skin gets mad at me when I try all the crazy things in my subscription boxes instead of following a routine. I've also always had clogged, oily, fast food worker skin. I don't break out too much, but all of my pores are clogged and I'm always shiny.

I used the gel gel this morning after washing my face and I'm already pretty impressed. For reference I am using the Clinique Combination Facial Liquid Soap with my Olay Facial Cleansing Brush and the Clinique Combination Clarifying Lotion Toner. I've stopped using the Dramatically Different Moisturizing lotion because it's causing all of my pores around my nose and chin to clog up like crazy. Even oil free cream moisturizers make my face feel like an oil slick, so when my skin soaked this up and felt matte and dry, but moisturized as well, I was pleasantly surprised. So far so good!

Day 2. I'm really peely in the chin area due to the exfoliating mask I did a few days ago, but the Water Gel did a good job of clearing that up. Still, so far so good. Ive had makeup on for a few hours and I'm just as shiny as normal so no change there, yet.

Day 3-10: I've been using the water gel every day and my skin seems to be producing a lot less oil. My breakouts also seem to be clearing up without producing new ones! Days 3-10 were more of the same, slightly less oily each day.

I also noticed I'm getting less oily throughout the day. I still have to blot, but when I got home the other night, my makeup hadn't separated like it usually does - I could have got a few more hours out of it!

I do still have a great deal of small breakouts around my chin and lower lip but they seem to be drying out. I hope by the end of 30 days I can report that they have also cleared!
Beatriz G.
Chicago Ridge, IL
this moisturizer is great for oily skin! in general, gel moisturizers are the best for oily skin bc the water based formula means you’re not adding any extra oils to your skin and it dries down matte to help with the shine your oils create—oil based formulas are meant for dry skin bc of the extra moisture it adds aka it makes oily skin look mad shiny. in general whenever you’re looking at moisturizers just check the ingredients and make sure water is one of the first ingredients— or it’ll just say gel in the name of it lol. the only thing about this one is that it isn’t the best in the winter. i kinda have to layer it on or add a different moisturizer on top of my dry spots. other than that it’s great for the summer if you have oily skin! definitely wouldn’t recommend to people with dry skin! this would be too drying for you.
Ashley C.
Cranston, RI
I'm really happy I bought this on a whim! This winter is really drying my skin out, using retinol products doesn't help either. I have some moisturizers already but while at Wal-Mart, I saw this on the shelf while browsing, I heard a lot of good things about it, so I bought it. I hadn't tried any sort of gel moisturizer yet, so this was my first. I love how it makes my face feel. You don't need a lot at all either, I can see this jar lasting me a while. It absorbs really fast and it isn't greasy whatsoever. Hours later, my face will still be soft and moisturized and I don't look oily. It hasn't lead to any pimples forming either, so that's great. As dry as my skin has been lately, I actually have combo/sometimes oily skin. I'm glad I'm not stuck using something so heavy and thick on my face anymore. I think I'll be able to use this in the summer when the humidity is up, that's when I have the tendency to get oily. It also wears really well under makeup and you don't need to spend a fortune to get it.
Mallory M.
Everett, WA
I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this product! Gel-moisturizers are all over the place right now, and if you’re confused on where to start because there’s so many now, this is a perfect one to add to your collection. It’s great for all skin types. Even sensitive and acne prone. Because that WAS what my skin was like, before I started using this religiously. Gel-moisturizers are great if you don’t want to use a heavy cream moisturizer, since they are so heavy and sometimes greasy or oily feeling, which can cause clogged pores or can cause you to actually OVER moisturize your face which also leads to clogged pores and excess sebum which only creates... pimples! Which I try to avoid at all costs. So with gel-moisturizers, you don’t ever need to worry about them being too heavy or causing a breakout. They won’t. They’re just excellent for retaining moisture in your skin for 12-24 hours. They’re affordable too! You can find this gel-moisturizer at any local drugstore like, Target, Wal-mart, Bartell’s, Walgreens, or Rite-Aid. They’re everywhere. And for about $11-$14 but you get that giant tub, that lasts for months! I use mine every morning and every night and I can honestly say it’s been about 3-3.5 months of me having the same tub of it. You can’t go wrong with this moisturizer. It’s definitely worth checking out and just purchasing at least your first gel-moisturizer since there are so many out there. And most of them nowadays are jam packed with awesome skin benefiting ingredients!
Haylie B.
Frisco
Last winter my skin got incredibly dry. My skin started peeling and I was barley able to talk or brush my teeth without my skin cracking or breaking even more. Because of this, one morning I got so annoyed and angry about my skin that I told my mom that I needed to go to Target right away. My mom had seen this product but I wasn't really sure about it but my mom said that I should just try it. So we ended up getting the Hydro Boost Water Gel. I got home and used it as soon as possible. There was instant results. My skin had been fixed! I still use this product and my skin hasn't ever been dry again. I highly recommend this product for anyone who has had the same problems as I did. Even if your skin is not as dry as mine was, this product is amazing and you won't regret buying it.
Jessica W.
Tampa, FL
If I could give this 10 stars, I would. I got samples from my dermatologist because my moisturizer wasn't working and my skin was painfully dry and red from the acne cream she gave me. I've been using the samples for about a month now and WOW this is the best thing ever. I just went out and bought the full size product from the store and even though it was pricier than I normally spend on beauty products ($16.99 from Target), it'll probably last me a year or more. You seriously need such a minuscule amount to cover your entire face, and you don't even have to use it every day to keep your skin perfectly hydrated. It also has an amazingly smooth texture that is reminiscent of splashing your face with cool water. This water gel is a GOD SEND. A++++++
Crystal C.
Beaverton, OR
I usually do not purchase drugstore skincare. Mainly because they’re usually just expensive water. Meaning the main ingredient that makes up the product is usually water. However, I read an article about a skincare and they recommended this product so I decided to give it a try. I purchased it at Target for $16.99 and I will say I’m thoroughly enjoying it. First off the jar doesn’t feel cheap. The product itself has a very refreshing scent that’s not too overpowering. The gel consistency glides onto your skin effortlessly without feeling tacky. My skin always feels super hydrated and plump after applying. And about a week later my skin was definitely softer! I would highly recommend.
Kristen D.
Haverhill, MA
So I had a hard time rating this moisturizer. I actually used it for years but then I went cruelty free and Neutrogena is NOT a cruelty free company which was actually surprising to me. Anyways, I think this product works really well, especially during the cold dry winters here in New England. It can be a little much for summer unless your skin is super dry. But you could always use it as a night cream during those months. The price point is not horrid at $20 (or at least that’s what I last paid for it). But still, I can’t recommend it because they test on animals. How can I use a product that’s supposed to make me feel beautiful when I know some poor bunny suffered for it?
Sarah H.
Gresham, OR
This is the HOLY GRAIL of moisturizers! This has really changed my skin and my life! I’ve always had very oily skin and was always scared to use lotions because I was scared it would break me out! I’ve been using this for a few months now and my skin is so much smoother less fine lines and I really feel like it has helped with regulating my oil production! This doesn’t break me out at all! My only complaint is that the jar looks bigger that the amount of product you actually get! But I keep buying this and I’ve gotten multiple people hooked on it as well! I’ve tried multiple things from this hydroboost line and they are ALL AMAZING!!! Way to go neutrogena!
Jessica B.
I looove this moisturizer. My skin has been insanely dry, irritated, flaky in the last week. I picked this up on Saturday to give it a try. It makes my skin feel so plump and just well hydrated after applying it. A little goes a long way!! One little dip of your finger can cover your whole face. It is absorbed so quickly it doesn't feel greasy whatsoever. It does have a pretty strong perfume scent but I think it's well worth looking past. I have tried this and the 'Tarte drink of. H2O' the tarte one definitely has a more pleasant scent but it doesn't feel as hydrating and doesn't absorb as well as this one. Soo worth buying!!
Maya S.
I keep seeing this gel and am hesitant to buy it, does it live up to the hype?
Samantha P.
Crittenden , KY
I've been wanting to try this product. Does it leave your skin oily?
Alexis M.
I have super super oily skin. Would this be a good moisturizer for me?
Jennifer G.
Edinburg , TX
Does it make your skin oily?
Lily Z.
Does it absorb quickly and is it suitable for combination skin?