BY NEUTROGENA #4 in Facial Moisturizers

Introducing Neutrogena® Hydro Boost water gel — a refreshing, lightweight water gel that instantly quenches and continuously hydrates skin. Formulated with hyaluronic acid, it boosts hydration and locks it in so skin stays hydrated, smooth and supple day after day. Applies effortlessly, absorbing quickly into skin without leaving behind an oily or greasy feel.

Neutrogena® Hydro Boost water gel hydrates skin through an approach of replenishing water and strengthening skin’s moisture barrier, leveraging two key ingredients:

Purified Hyaluronic Acid:

Naturally found in skin, in this formula, Purified Hyaluronic Acid helps deliver a boost of hydration. In Hydro Boost, it also acts like a sponge for dry skin, holding up to 1000 times its weight in water and the formula progressively releases moisture back into skin, keeping skin hydrated and supple throughout the day.

Olive Extract:

Known for its moisturizing and nutrient rich qualities, it is a complex combination of fatty acids, which is similar to skin’s natural moisture shield. Hydro Boost, with Olive Extract, helps strengthen the skin’s moisture barrier, helping protect the skin from excessive moisture loss. It also helps leave skin feeling soft and smooth without tackiness

• Instantly quenches skin
  • Clinically proven to keep skin hydrated for 48 hours
  • Oil-Free, Dye-free, Non-Comedogenic
  • Fast-Absorbing
  • Gentle for all skin types

Usage: Suitable for day and night use after cleansing

• Where I can buy it? Price? Thanks 2 Answers
  • Is this good for oily and sensisitive skin? I don't want my face to...2 Answers
  • I have super super oily skin. Would this be a good moisturizer for me?7 Answers
Reviews (1921)
  • "I've tried a number of different sensitive skin / hypoallergenic moisturizes and I ALWAYS end up with pimples all over my face." in 5 reviews
Victoria-Theresa C.
Victoria-Theresa C.
Grosse Pt Wds, MI
I have been using this product on and off for some time now and keep going back to it. I have purchased probably 3-4 jars now and have also tried the other products in this line, but this is my favorite.

My skin is either very dry or combination normal and dry, and in the summer I run into the issue of my skin being dry but many moisturizers being too heavy in the heat and humidity. I have found this product to be light enough for the weather while still being effective. On my most dry areas, it does require a few days to work, but once it does I am able to keep them controlled with this moisturizer and some regular exfoliation.

The consistency of this moisturizer is like a watered down lotion, and it is somewhat translucent and bluish though that does not translate on the skin. The lotion absorbs quickly into the skin and I do not find that it leaves a residue behind.

In terms of price, this is a little more expensive than your basic drugstore moisturizer (I have paid between $18-20) but it is much cheaper than high end products I have used in the past and it works well for me. I have found that this product works better for my skin than even the Neutrogena water gel for extra dry skin. I am very pleased with the results I have gotten from this prouct.
Kristyn F.
Kristyn F.
Avon, IL
Review for: Hydro Boost Water Gel
I just bought this product and used it for the first time.
Price-wise: I got it for roughly 17$ at Walmart. Not a terrible price if you consider how pricey it could be!
Packaging and Size: The container that the moisturizer comes in is pretty (at least to me) and a bit heavy in the hand. It contains 1.7oz of product. It doesn't sound like a lot, but once you open the product and start using it - noting how little it takes to cover your face, the size is not an issue.

After cleansing my skin with the Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser (which is also a favorite since it smells wonderful!), I patted my skin completely dry.

Opening the container of gel, you notice a very soapy odor, kind of similar to anti-bacterial wash you find in a lot of restrooms - it's a little overpowering at first.
I used minimal amounts, little fingertip portions to cover my skin bit by bit so as not to go in excess.
The soapy odor is still overpowering at this point, as you apply it to your face and neck. But after rubbing it in and giving it time to absorb, the smell does fade, leaving behind just the faintest of smells - it's rather pleasant, clean-smelling.

I immediately notice the difference in my skin!
Arianna D.
Arianna D.
Sacramento, CA
I love this stuff! It is my holy grail moisturizer, and I use it no less than twice a day. I didn't know what to expect using this moisturizer since I have combination skin and instructionally, it is for those with very dry skin, but it works wonders for my face. It has reduced the amount of dry patches I have as well as makes my face super soft and smooth. It even smells super good! I find that the best times to apply this product is right after getting out of the shower and right before applying makeup. Pairing this with an undereye cream is my traditional pre-makeup routine, and I won't feel the same having makeup on without starting this way! This was recommended to me through a friend with the same skin type, and I'll also recommend this to those with dry to combination (yes, don't be afraid combination-skin-folks!) because it is just that great. It leaves my face hydrated, healthy, and brings it to life. Neutrogena always comes out with great skincare products that I can just pick up in the convenience market. It may be on the pricier end of drugstore products, but it's definitely worth it!
Sai G.
Sai G.
Review for: Hydro Boost Water Gel
I am always the type of person who likes to put something in my face that is either on the natural side, organic or at least doesn't have that much chemical and is lightweight. I'm fortunate that I watched Judy on youtube (itsjudytime) and found out about this product. I love this! I know its way far from being natural or even organic, but the fact that its a water-based and super lightweight moisturizer, i cant pass! This is the type moisturizer that you can consider as "all around moisturizer". You can use it at night along with your heavy duty skincare regime, use it in the morning for a quick moisture touch up after washing your face (they have one that has spf too!) or simple use it before putting on makeup. I have a acne prone sensitive skin and this didn't broke me out! It just made my skin softer and more supple. I cant say anything bad about it. It runs $17-$20 dependeng on where you get it, which i consider not bad if you really want a decent cream. Been using it for 2 months.
Amanda C.
Amanda C.
Altamonte Springs, FL
I could almost say this product has saved my skin! A few months back, I tried several new skin care products and either the rush of all the variety or just the items themselves, severely dried out my skin (I am normally oily/normal and I completely jumped to dry!) I tried for weeks to restore my skin and nothing; I felt stuck with cracked, flaky skin. My boyfriend actually introduced me to this product, as he has psoriasis and uses this, so I decided if it worked for him, I could try it! I used this for a solid week and a half, and my patches disappeared, no lie. This product just melts into your skin, and while most moisturizers I've used are thick and greasy, this was lightweight and immediately absorbed in. It has a very cooling effect as well that soothes the irritated, broken spots and improves the redness. I love this stuff and all though, I don't use it on a daily, I know I can count on it when I need it.
Penny S.
Penny S.
Summerville, SC
Review for: Hydro Boost Water Gel
I absolutely LOVE this moisturizer!

This plumps up your skin and hydrates making your skin look so fresh and healthy.

This does have a light fragrance, that smells fresh. I enjoy it, but it you're sensitive to fragrance, be careful this might not be for you.

This comes in a jar, which can be a con to some people. The product is sooo good that I'm willing to look past that. I just make sure my hands are clean (which they usually are when I'm doing my skincare routine) so I don't contaminate the jar.

I have combination to oily skin, and this has really made a difference in the appearance and feel of my skin. I have no dry patches or flaking, and I am way less oily. I have more normal skin now, and my skin feels so soft.

A little goes a long way, and it sinks into the skin fast.

I cannot recommend trying this product enough! I urge most people to try it. Especially if you have oily or combination skin.
Emily L.
Emily L.
Clifton, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my FAVORITE moisturizer ever. I used to use the Clinique moisturizing gel because I have combination skin that can get very oily in the T-zone and I like products that are moisturizing without feeling like I'm putting anything greasy all over my face. I switched to the Hydro Boost Water Gel a year ago and never went back to Clinique. Although $20 is still pretty pricey for a Neutrogena moisturizer it's a cheaper alternative and I like it so much better than the Clinique one. It sinks right into my skin and makes it feel moisturized without sitting on top. I use this morning and night and if I don't use it I definitely notice- my skin feels super dry and uncomfortable. I'm on my third jar of this product and I will continue to repurchase.
Kirsten K.
Kirsten K.
Palm Harbor, FL
Review for: Hydro Boost Water Gel
I purchased this product awhile ago while it was on sale, I didn't really expect to even like the product since I have oily/combination skin. I only use this after I shower to put moisture back into my skin and it works wonderfully. It feels nice on my skin and doesn't leave it feeling heavy or too oily or sticky like some moisturizers. I have noticed a little difference in my skin, it doesn't get too dry after I shower now so I've been using less of it at a time! The dry patches I had on my forehead and on the tip of my nose no longer appear, which is something I really didn't expect this product to do! I will definitely repurchase this whenever I do run out.
Bailey W.
Bailey W.
Littleton, CO
Review for: Hydro Boost Water Gel
I am really pleased with this product! It leaves my skin feeling very clean. I hate feeling the product on my face afterwards. It absorbs quickly and it just feels amazing! I have a very oily T zone and it gets a little oily with this moisturizer but nothing compared to what I have used in the past. If it gets oily it's when I do a heavy application in the morning. If I do a light application I just blot my face once and I'm fine..I really do love this product. It has a very very light floral/clean sent to it. I also enjoy that it isn't aimed at an age range. I am 19 and love this moisturizer. My mom also likes the feel of it. I just thought it was unique.
Gretchen S.
Gretchen S.
Noblesville, IN
Review for: Hydro Boost Water Gel
I had been using an expensive Bobbi Brown moisturizer that I loved, but wanted to see if I could find something I love for a little bit cheaper.

I have incredibly dry skin and after reading the packing decided to give this a try. With the first few uses, I wasn't convinced to be honest. my dry spots were only going away temporarily and it didn't feel like I was moisturized all day.

After a week of use however, I definitely noticed! I haven't seen a dry patch on my face since then. I use it in the morning and also before bed since my skin needs it so badly. It is half the price of my previous attempts and I'm so happy to have made the switch!
Maya S.
Maya S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I keep seeing this gel and am hesitant to buy it, does it live up to the hype?
Samantha P.
Samantha P.
Crittenden , KY
I've been wanting to try this product. Does it leave your skin oily?
Alexis M.
Alexis M.
I have super super oily skin. Would this be a good moisturizer for me?
Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.
Edinburg, TX
Does it make your skin oily?
Lily Z.
Lily Z.
Does it absorb quickly and is it suitable for combination skin?