BY NEUTROGENA #5 in Facial Moisturizers

Benefits:-

Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel instantly quenches dry skin and keeps it looking smooth, supple and hydrated day after day. Our award-winning and best selling water gel formula absorbs quickly and instantly delivers intense hydration. And it contains hydrating hyaluronic acid, which is naturally found in the skin and acts as a sponge, absorbing up to 1,000 times its weight in water. This formula leaves skin more supple and smooth.

Plus, it’s an oil-free moisturizer, so you can wear it alone or under makeup as a smooth, velvety primer.

• Non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores)
  • 100% alcohol free

How To Use :-

• Apply evenly to face and neck after cleansing

Ingredients:-

Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/vinyl Dimenticone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

• Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel Does this work really w...2 Answers
  • I moisturize and prime before makeup. I use it cosmetics ...3 Answers
Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel
  • "I have a huge problem with dry skin and it's REALLY bad in the winter months. Unfortunately, I also have very sensitive skin and most products I try end up giving me break outs. I've tried a number of different sensitive skin / hypoallergenic moisturizes and I ALWAYS end up with pimples all over my face. This Neutrogena hydro boost water gel is the only product that has worked for me. It feels fantastic going on and soaks in very quickly. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and soft all day. I apply it after my shower every morning and my skin feels wonderful all day. I'm from Michigan and the harsh winter winds usually irritate my face pretty badly, but this gel stops that. Honestly, I feel I will be using this product for a long, long time. Also, you don't need very much each time, so this jar should last quite a while. I received this product for free to review, but all opinions are my own." in 390 reviews
  • "I have pretty dry but sensitive skin so finding a face lotion that doesn't irritate it can be really tough for me. This stuff actually feels a bit strange at first but you get used to it quickly and it does a really great job of moisturizing without causing breakouts. I highly recommend it." in 378 reviews
  • "I've been using this for a few weeks and I have to say its my new holy grail moisturizer! I have combo skin and this just sinks right into the skin and keeps your face moisturized without feeling or looking greasy. LOVE it! I also have super sensitive skin and have had no problems :) " in 174 reviews
Ravan A.
Pittsburgh, PA
Day 1: My skin is in really bad shape right now. Sometimes my skin gets mad at me when I try all the crazy things in my subscription boxes instead of following a routine. I've also always had clogged, oily, fast food worker skin. I don't break out too much, but all of my pores are clogged and I'm always shiny.

I used the gel gel this morning after washing my face and I'm already pretty impressed. For reference I am using the Clinique Combination Facial Liquid Soap with my Olay Facial Cleansing Brush and the Clinique Combination Clarifying Lotion Toner. I've stopped using the Dramatically Different Moisturizing lotion because it's causing all of my pores around my nose and chin to clog up like crazy. Even oil free cream moisturizers make my face feel like an oil slick, so when my skin soaked this up and felt matte and dry, but moisturized as well, I was pleasantly surprised. So far so good!

Day 2. I'm really peely in the chin area due to the exfoliating mask I did a few days ago, but the Water Gel did a good job of clearing that up. Still, so far so good. Ive had makeup on for a few hours and I'm just as shiny as normal so no change there, yet.

Day 3-10: I've been using the water gel every day and my skin seems to be producing a lot less oil. My breakouts also seem to be clearing up without producing new ones! Days 3-10 were more of the same, slightly less oily each day.

I also noticed I'm getting less oily throughout the day. I still have to blot, but when I got home the other night, my makeup hadn't separated like it usually does - I could have got a few more hours out of it!

I do still have a great deal of small breakouts around my chin and lower lip but they seem to be drying out. I hope by the end of 30 days I can report that they have also cleared!
Alexander W.
Alhambra, CA
This product is one of my favorite go-to's for a daily moisturizer! By the way, the primary moisturizer I use is the one formulated for "extra dry skin."

Here are some things I love:
+ Provides decent moisture for the price you're paying
+ Instantly quenches your skin whether it's dry or really dry
+ Has a light feel to it (slightly greasy)

Here are some things I don't love about it:
+ The effects of using this don't last for a long time
+ Your skin will respond differently to this
+ This moisturizer needs to be used every single day for a long period of time in order to see long-term moisture benefits

That's it peeps! Overall, I would say this moisturizer does what it's intended to do but may not be the ultimate best moisturizer out there. Would I recommend it? Yes I would.
Ashley C.
Cranston, RI
I'm really happy I bought this on a whim! This winter is really drying my skin out, using retinol products doesn't help either. I have some moisturizers already but while at Wal-Mart, I saw this on the shelf while browsing, I heard a lot of good things about it, so I bought it. I hadn't tried any sort of gel moisturizer yet, so this was my first. I love how it makes my face feel. You don't need a lot at all either, I can see this jar lasting me a while. It absorbs really fast and it isn't greasy whatsoever. Hours later, my face will still be soft and moisturized and I don't look oily. It hasn't lead to any pimples forming either, so that's great. As dry as my skin has been lately, I actually have combo/sometimes oily skin. I'm glad I'm not stuck using something so heavy and thick on my face anymore. I think I'll be able to use this in the summer when the humidity is up, that's when I have the tendency to get oily. It also wears really well under makeup and you don't need to spend a fortune to get it.
Mallory M.
Everett, WA
I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this product! Gel-moisturizers are all over the place right now, and if you’re confused on where to start because there’s so many now, this is a perfect one to add to your collection. It’s great for all skin types. Even sensitive and acne prone. Because that WAS what my skin was like, before I started using this religiously. Gel-moisturizers are great if you don’t want to use a heavy cream moisturizer, since they are so heavy and sometimes greasy or oily feeling, which can cause clogged pores or can cause you to actually OVER moisturize your face which also leads to clogged pores and excess sebum which only creates... pimples! Which I try to avoid at all costs. So with gel-moisturizers, you don’t ever need to worry about them being too heavy or causing a breakout. They won’t. They’re just excellent for retaining moisture in your skin for 12-24 hours. They’re affordable too! You can find this gel-moisturizer at any local drugstore like, Target, Wal-mart, Bartell’s, Walgreens, or Rite-Aid. They’re everywhere. And for about $11-$14 but you get that giant tub, that lasts for months! I use mine every morning and every night and I can honestly say it’s been about 3-3.5 months of me having the same tub of it. You can’t go wrong with this moisturizer. It’s definitely worth checking out and just purchasing at least your first gel-moisturizer since there are so many out there. And most of them nowadays are jam packed with awesome skin benefiting ingredients!
Tracee H.
New York
This gel is great, one reason it's not getting 5/5 stars is because of its price as it runs for around $20 a jar which is not always affordable for me as a full time student. I admit that it is still on the lower end of price for skin products but I am not always able to replenish my supply of it as often as I'd like. The gel is very light weight and absorbs into the skin effortlessly. I use it after doing one of my skin care routines, before applying makeup, or simply using it to moisturize my face for the day. Although it is a gel it does not sit on top of the face as one would expect. There is a slight fragance to the production but is not too strong or overpowering at all. The jar is small but I have noticed that I do not need to use lot of gel to cover/mosturize my entire face.
Sam A.
I use this as my daily moisturizer because I have very oily skin and I need a moisturizer that is oil free. This helps keep my skin nicely hydrated without adding any unnecessary oil. It has a nice refreshing smell and is very lightweight on the skin because it is a gel. It makes my skin feel so hydrated because it is made out of mostly water. It doesn't leave any shine or sticky feel on the skin. I also use this as a primer before foundation.
The packaging is very nice and easy to travel with.
Rachel F.
Royal
I have been using this product for a little over a week and my face feels so soft and hydrated. I had really dry flakes all over my skin and my face felt really tight. My face was instantly relieved on day one after using this product.

The consistency is really nice. It’s like a cream, but slightly more liquidy compared to other gels. Once it’s put on my face it feels like water and instant hydration.

The packaging is also nice. It’s a hard plastic container that will travel really well. It’s also small and compact to be able to slip in any bag.

The only reason I took a star off is because of the price of this product. I feel like $20 is a little steep. I believe this works well, but I’d like more product for the price.
Karen G.
surprise
I’ve gone through many moisturizers in my life none of which I have stuck to. They were all usually too thick or made my skin feel greasy. Then I discovered this one. I had heard many good things about it and decided to try it out. I love how fast it absorbs into the skin. It’s light weight and doesn’t make my skin greasy. I apply it after I shower and it helps my makeup go on more smoothly. I also love that a little goes a long way so it always lasts me a while. My boyfriend loves it as well and he never use to moisturize. I bought him the one for extra dry skin.
Lisa G.
Houston
Can I add like 15 more stars to this?? Ah-may-zing! This was my first hyaluronic acid product and dang, I’m blown away. I love the gel formula, just 2 finger dabs in the jar cover my entire face and neck. And it seems like as long as you’re rubbing your face, it continues to spread. It doesn’t sting my skin or cause redness, which happens with certain moisturizers. It absorbs and doesn’t leave the face greasy or sticky. I put it on at night and in the morning, every morning, my face doesn’t feel flat. I hate to say this “plumps” your face but it kind of does. In the best way possible. I sincerely adore this, and I got it for $15 at my local grocery store. Worth it a million times over.
Crystal C.
Beaverton, OR
I usually do not purchase drugstore skincare. Mainly because they’re usually just expensive water. Meaning the main ingredient that makes up the product is usually water. However, I read an article about a skincare and they recommended this product so I decided to give it a try. I purchased it at Target for $16.99 and I will say I’m thoroughly enjoying it. First off the jar doesn’t feel cheap. The product itself has a very refreshing scent that’s not too overpowering. The gel consistency glides onto your skin effortlessly without feeling tacky. My skin always feels super hydrated and plump after applying. And about a week later my skin was definitely softer! I would highly recommend.
Maya S.
I keep seeing this gel and am hesitant to buy it, does it live up to the hype?
Samantha P.
Crittenden , KY
I've been wanting to try this product. Does it leave your skin oily?
Alexis M.
I have super super oily skin. Would this be a good moisturizer for me?
Jennifer G.
Edinburg , TX
Does it make your skin oily?
Lily Z.
Does it absorb quickly and is it suitable for combination skin?