BY NEUTROGENA #8 in Facial Moisturizers

Introducing Neutrogena® Hydro Boost water gel — a refreshing, lightweight water gel that instantly quenches and continuously hydrates skin. Formulated with hyaluronic acid, it boosts hydration and locks it in so skin stays hydrated, smooth and supple day after day. Applies effortlessly, absorbing quickly into skin without leaving behind an oily or greasy feel.

Neutrogena® Hydro Boost water gel hydrates skin through an approach of replenishing water and strengthening skin’s moisture barrier, leveraging two key ingredients:

Purified Hyaluronic Acid:

Naturally found in skin, in this formula, Purified Hyaluronic Acid helps deliver a boost of hydration. In Hydro Boost, it also acts like a sponge for dry skin, holding up to 1000 times its weight in water and the formula progressively releases moisture back into skin, keeping skin hydrated and supple throughout the day.

Olive Extract:

Known for its moisturizing and nutrient rich qualities, it is a complex combination of fatty acids, which is similar to skin’s natural moisture shield. Hydro Boost, with Olive Extract, helps strengthen the skin’s moisture barrier, helping protect the skin from excessive moisture loss. It also helps leave skin feeling soft and smooth without tackiness

• Instantly quenches skin
  • Clinically proven to keep skin hydrated for 48 hours
  • Oil-Free, Dye-free, Non-Comedogenic
  • Fast-Absorbing
  • Gentle for all skin types

Usage: Suitable for day and night use after cleansing

• Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel Does this work really well? I n...2 Answers
  • Where I can buy it? Price? Thanks 3 Answers
  • Is this good for oily and sensisitive skin? I don't want my face ...2 Answers
Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Water Gel
  • "I've tried a number of different sensitive skin / hypoallergenic moisturizes and I ALWAYS end up with pimples all over my face." in 5 reviews
Victoria-Theresa C.
Grosse Pt Wds, MI
I have been using this product on and off for some time now and keep going back to it. I have purchased probably 3-4 jars now and have also tried the other products in this line, but this is my favorite.

My skin is either very dry or combination normal and dry, and in the summer I run into the issue of my skin being dry but many moisturizers being too heavy in the heat and humidity. I have found this product to be light enough for the weather while still being effective. On my most dry areas, it does require a few days to work, but once it does I am able to keep them controlled with this moisturizer and some regular exfoliation.

The consistency of this moisturizer is like a watered down lotion, and it is somewhat translucent and bluish though that does not translate on the skin. The lotion absorbs quickly into the skin and I do not find that it leaves a residue behind.

In terms of price, this is a little more expensive than your basic drugstore moisturizer (I have paid between $18-20) but it is much cheaper than high end products I have used in the past and it works well for me. I have found that this product works better for my skin than even the Neutrogena water gel for extra dry skin. I am very pleased with the results I have gotten from this prouct.
Amanda C.
Altamonte Springs, FL
I could almost say this product has saved my skin! A few months back, I tried several new skin care products and either the rush of all the variety or just the items themselves, severely dried out my skin (I am normally oily/normal and I completely jumped to dry!) I tried for weeks to restore my skin and nothing; I felt stuck with cracked, flaky skin. My boyfriend actually introduced me to this product, as he has psoriasis and uses this, so I decided if it worked for him, I could try it! I used this for a solid week and a half, and my patches disappeared, no lie. This product just melts into your skin, and while most moisturizers I've used are thick and greasy, this was lightweight and immediately absorbed in. It has a very cooling effect as well that soothes the irritated, broken spots and improves the redness. I love this stuff and all though, I don't use it on a daily, I know I can count on it when I need it.
Penny S.
Summerville, SC
I absolutely LOVE this moisturizer!

This plumps up your skin and hydrates making your skin look so fresh and healthy.

This does have a light fragrance, that smells fresh. I enjoy it, but it you're sensitive to fragrance, be careful this might not be for you.

This comes in a jar, which can be a con to some people. The product is sooo good that I'm willing to look past that. I just make sure my hands are clean (which they usually are when I'm doing my skincare routine) so I don't contaminate the jar.

I have combination to oily skin, and this has really made a difference in the appearance and feel of my skin. I have no dry patches or flaking, and I am way less oily. I have more normal skin now, and my skin feels so soft.

A little goes a long way, and it sinks into the skin fast.

I cannot recommend trying this product enough! I urge most people to try it. Especially if you have oily or combination skin.
Emily L.
Clifton, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my FAVORITE moisturizer ever. I used to use the Clinique moisturizing gel because I have combination skin that can get very oily in the T-zone and I like products that are moisturizing without feeling like I'm putting anything greasy all over my face. I switched to the Hydro Boost Water Gel a year ago and never went back to Clinique. Although $20 is still pretty pricey for a Neutrogena moisturizer it's a cheaper alternative and I like it so much better than the Clinique one. It sinks right into my skin and makes it feel moisturized without sitting on top. I use this morning and night and if I don't use it I definitely notice- my skin feels super dry and uncomfortable. I'm on my third jar of this product and I will continue to repurchase.
Kirsten K.
Palm Harbor, FL
I purchased this product awhile ago while it was on sale, I didn't really expect to even like the product since I have oily/combination skin. I only use this after I shower to put moisture back into my skin and it works wonderfully. It feels nice on my skin and doesn't leave it feeling heavy or too oily or sticky like some moisturizers. I have noticed a little difference in my skin, it doesn't get too dry after I shower now so I've been using less of it at a time! The dry patches I had on my forehead and on the tip of my nose no longer appear, which is something I really didn't expect this product to do! I will definitely repurchase this whenever I do run out.
Bailey W.
Littleton, CO
I am really pleased with this product! It leaves my skin feeling very clean. I hate feeling the product on my face afterwards. It absorbs quickly and it just feels amazing! I have a very oily T zone and it gets a little oily with this moisturizer but nothing compared to what I have used in the past. If it gets oily it's when I do a heavy application in the morning. If I do a light application I just blot my face once and I'm fine..I really do love this product. It has a very very light floral/clean sent to it. I also enjoy that it isn't aimed at an age range. I am 19 and love this moisturizer. My mom also likes the feel of it. I just thought it was unique.
Gretchen S.
Noblesville, IN
I had been using an expensive Bobbi Brown moisturizer that I loved, but wanted to see if I could find something I love for a little bit cheaper.

I have incredibly dry skin and after reading the packing decided to give this a try. With the first few uses, I wasn't convinced to be honest. my dry spots were only going away temporarily and it didn't feel like I was moisturized all day.

After a week of use however, I definitely noticed! I haven't seen a dry patch on my face since then. I use it in the morning and also before bed since my skin needs it so badly. It is half the price of my previous attempts and I'm so happy to have made the switch!
mariah G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I learned about this product while working at Ulta & reading and the wonderful reviews on here. I do have dry/notmal skin type. Generally I prefer the Dermologica Skin smoothing serum to give my face the boost it needs to not be so sollow, however having 2 kids sometimes toiletries have to take a backseat. I started using this & immediately fell in love. I was so pleasantly surprised how refeeshed my skin felt after this. I allly after cleansing with a Clarisonoc. Even on days where I don't wear makeup I apply in the morning and get compliments! For the price you truly can't beat what you get!!
Lauline G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
If you're looking for a hydrating moisturizer that'll make your skill feel extremely smooth, this is the perfect moisturizer for you. In comparison to higher brands, this definitely can compete with some of the best. As someone who has combination skin, it isn't harsh, it isn't oily, and doesn't cause my skin to break out. I personally put the product in my fridge so that it not only lasts longer, but after a deep cleanse, the cooling sensation of the product is heaven on your skin. Trust me, you won't regret purchasing this moisturizer, especially at the price point.
Ashley T.
Tempe, AZ
I have only been using this for a few days, but I am already in love! My skin feels plump and hydrated immediately after application and even still in the mornings after I apply it the night before. I have even been able to use it under my eyes without any problems so far. Love the smell (its fragranced but not super offensive to me and is not something that bothers me too much). Definitely going to repurchase after this jar runs out if I continue to have these same results and would recommend to those with normal to combo skin that can get dehydrated like mine.
Maya S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I keep seeing this gel and am hesitant to buy it, does it live up to the hype?
Samantha P.
Crittenden , KY
I've been wanting to try this product. Does it leave your skin oily?
Alexis M.
I have super super oily skin. Would this be a good moisturizer for me?
Jennifer G.
Edinburg, TX
Does it make your skin oily?
Lily Z.
Does it absorb quickly and is it suitable for combination skin?