BY NEUTROGENA

Hydro Boost Gel-Cream for Extra-Dry Skin instantly quenches extra dry skin and keeps it looking smooth, supple and hydrated day after day. The unique gel-cream formula absorbs quickly, like a gel, but has the long-lasting, intense moisturizing power of a cream, for even extra dry skin. It boosts skin's hydration level and locks it in all day.

Naturally found in the skin, hydrating hyaluronic acid acts as a sponge for dry skin cells, moisturizing with up to 1,000 times its weight in water, resulting in more supple and smooth skin.

• Oil-free
  • Fragrance-free
  • Dye-free
  • Non-comedogenic
  • Purified Hyaluronic acid
  • Wearable under makeup

Ingredients: water, dimethicone, glycerin, cetearyl olivate, polyacrylamide, sorbitan olivate, phenoxyethanol, dimeticone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, synthetic beeswax, C13-14 isoparaffin, dimethiconol, dimethicone crosspolymer, chlorphenesin, laureth-7, carbomer, sodium hyaluronate, ethylhexylglycerin, C12-14 pareth-12, sodium hydroxide - See more at: http://www.neutrogena.com/product/hydro+boost+gel-cream+extra-dry+skin.do#sthash.PYI7HSx8.dpuf

• Does this compare to the Belif aqua bomb?3 Answers
  • Okay I've used both variations of this and I notice no difference...2 Answers
  • Es bueno?1 Answers
Maria V.
Maria V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been using hyaluronic acid off and on for a while. I have been buying the overpriced stuff that my esthetician sells so when I saw Neutrogena hydro boost I was excited. I have read some of the customer reviews and have noticed that a lot of people’s responses are 1) this doesn’t moisturize enough and 2) the smell. I bought the gel cream, and this actually works better than a lot of the high end products I was using before! Most hyaluronic acid serums are meant to be used in combination with a lotion. So if these buyers are buying just the gel, it wouldn’t feel the same throughout the day as a lotion or cream. The cream gel however seems to be both the serum and a moisturizer making this perfect for keeping skin hydrated. It states that this is for extra dry skin, but I think it would be ok for everyone except the truly oily.

There were also complaints I noticed about the smell. Maybe the gel does have a perfume in it, but the gel cream is fragrance free. So if there are concerns about smell or sensitive skin, the gel cream would be a great choice.
Claire L.
Claire L.
Hampton, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have INCREDIBLY dry skin. I had horrific acne as a teenager and they put me on Accutane, which basically dries up all your sebaceous glands, and can leave you with chronically dry (yet surprisingly combination) skin, for life. This problem has gotten worse as I've gotten older, and only the more oily creams moisturize enough, especially in the months when the heat, or air conditioning are running a lot. As you can imagine, foundation and oily moisturizers don't go well together, so I have been on a lifelong search for a good moisturizer and foundation that can be friends. I think I may have found it! This cream is light, yet TOTALLY moisturizing, absorbs quickly, and leaves a matte finish ready for foundation. My weird skin has yet to appreciate any primers I have tried, but I find that I don't need one when I apply my Tarte foundation after this moisturizer has soaked in.
Chennelle C.
Chennelle C.
BINGHAMTON, New York
I used to absolutely love this product. I have been using it for about a year now. Unfortunately, after repurchasing it recently I have noticed it doesn't feel the same. I fell in love with it because it felt like a drink of water on my skin however now it seems like I have to apply twice the amount to get half the hydration. I'm not sure if the formula has changed or if this is due to a change in my skin but this was my holy grail moisturizer. I will continue to use it to see what has changed but I still love this product. My skin is oily in the summer and dry in the winter due to where I live and it worked well for me for both skin types.
Rhonda H.
Rhonda H.
Boise, ID
Beauty Junkie Expert
I picked up a sample of this from my dermatologist. I have combination skin, but the dry areas of my skin can get overly dry. I used this and had to laugh when I first applied it. I used just a tiny amount, and my skin just soaked it up like a sponge. I ended up using quite a bit. I used less as I applied it regularly. After two weeks I've noticed a difference. My skin is definitely softer. The fine lines are less noticeable, especially in those dry areas. I haven't had any reactions to it at all, and my skin is very sensitive (I have eczema too). A+ product, and I'll soon be purchasing the full-size.
Marisa M.
Marisa M.
I have extremely dry skin. I expected to use this first then, follow up with my regular facial moisturizer and/ or facial oils. I was WRONG. This is the perfect, light weight moisturizer. It does the job and I doesn't feel suffocating. It also works nicely under make up. It goes on smooth and absorbs fasts. It does have a fragrance. That might be a downside for those who don't care for scents in their skincare. This is exactly like, a moisturizer I buy at the department store for double the price. Happy to have found this for my parched skin.
Maya G.
Maya G.
Astoria, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have no idea why they say this is "extra dry". I have combination/oily skin, and this is definitely light-weight. I started using a more gel formal for moisturizer beginning with Clinique, and have been going back to that formula ever since. This Neutrogena version is very moisturizing, very soothing, and doesn't feel greasy, and for the price, is fantastic. I switch between this and a Kiehl's one, (depending on whether I'm at my apartment or my boyfriend's), and they are both excellent. The Kiehl's one is just a tad more light weight.
Cathy M.
Cathy M.
Cerritos, CA
So cal weather is really taking a toll on my skin. one day is sunny the next day its cold. with that being said, my skin has become super dry and a bit red especially on hot days. ive seen neutrogena hydroboost in a youtube review so i decided to give it a try.

i was pleased on my initial trial. the consistency of the product was well absorbed by my skin. the moment i put in on, it leaves a supple feel. i could just feel my skin being revived! it doesn't leave any sticky feel like others. i definitely recommend this product!
Stephanie R.
Stephanie R.
Wilkes Barre, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Since it's winter, my skin has been super dry thanks to the cold, dry air and walking to campus. I purchased this in hopes it would make the flakiness disappear. It has a great texture, but it didn't deliver the hydration I expected. I think they need to increase the hyaluronic acid concentration to boost its impact. I also experienced some minor breakouts from using this. I think this would be a good product for those with combination/slightly dry skin, but definitely not for very dry skin types.
Buddy M.
Buddy M.
A very good product !!!! my husband started including a retinol product into his skin care routine a few months ago and like everybody knows it makes the skin very dry and flaky,He started using this neutregena hydro boost gel cream to get rid of that dryness and has been using it for almost 3 months now ,this actually is his second tub 🙂 It gave him amazing results. It keeps his skin hydrated and moisturized all day ! He is extremely happy with this one and recommended it to me as well !
Kristin M.
Kristin M.
I recently saw a review for Neutrogena's Hydro Boost Gel Cream on YouTube and I knew I had to have this. The reviewer compared this cream to GLAMGLOW's ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment and I was sold. Although Neutrogena's cream isn't as luxurious as GLAMGLOW'S, the price difference is unbeatable and Neutrogena's cream is still very moisturizing and works just as well for those dry winter months and scorching summer days. This gel cream has become part of my nightly face routine.
Nikki I.
Nikki I.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this worth the money? Does it work well? Is there a scent to it?
Kim P.
Kim P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have very dry skin on my chin. Will this product help? Is it oily?
Jennifer T.
Jennifer T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this compare to the Belif aqua bomb?
Megan K.
Megan K.
Does this leave a tacky feel on the skin, and what does it smell like?
Addi M.
Addi M.
Henderson, NV
Do you recommend using it at night, during the day, in the morning, or with your makeup.