BY NEUTROGENA

Cleansing Bar for Acne-Prone Skin is pure and gentle cleansing for clean, clear, healthy-looking skin.

This glycerin-rich facial bar contains no harsh detergents, dyes or hardeners. It removes excess oil and then rinses clean-without leaving any pore-clogging residue. Its non-medicated formula won't overdry skin.

Get clean, clear, healthy-looking skin with Neutrogena® Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne-Prone Skin.

• Does this product leave your face dry? How well does it work? 4 Answers
  • Have this product left any one dry?3 Answers
  • I've thought about switching from the liquid face wash to the bar...1 Answers
Elizabeth H.
Cherokee Village, AR
This is actually became my go-to facial cleabser. I used to use the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Acne Wash for a good long while but I started noticing my skin breaking out more out of nowhere so I switched to the classic cleansing bar. My breakout cleared up relatively fast; it was about a week whin my skin had reached its usual look. On top of the fact that its a magnificent cleanser, it also keeps my skin beautifully balanced which is very hard to do as I have very oily skin so my pores are noticeably big. Careful though, as I have found that excessive use dries my skin out too much, making my face feel extremely uncomfortable. Because of this, I wouldn't really recommend this for those with naturally drier skin but for people like me, once a day, right before you go to bed...that's the absolute perfect amount.
Jessica J.
Levittown, PA
I have used the Neutrogena face bar for years, and have had no issues. About 9 months back while flipping through the channels on tv, I started to watch a home shopping channel that was advertising a pretty expensive well known face wash. It claimed to be natural and would melt the make up right off my face. So I figured I would give it a try. While that product was just ok, it definitely did not remove all my make up. So I went back to my trusty Neutrogena bar which is 30X less expensive than that fancy face wash I bought on tv and it removes all my makeup without having to re scrub multiple times.
Alexis H.
San Diego, CA
The acne medication I use calls for a gentle cleanser and these facial cleansing bars by Neutrogena are perfect for that. They leave my face feeling nice and clean without leaving it dry and leathery like some cleansers on the market. I've been using them for well over a year now and I don't see myself changing I another brand anytime soon, especially because they are very affordable and last me a long time. The only con is that since they are fragrance free, they do have a weird natural scent, but nothing that is too off putting.
Mandy H.
Lafayette, TN
I have used Neutrogena products for as long as I can remember, and this facial bar in particular for many years (especially when I need a product easy on the wallet). It can be purchased practically anywhere, though I usually shop at Wal-Mart. It can be slightly drying but I find that with most cleansers, and it has not stopped me from buying it. My husband and my teenage son also use this regularly with no complaints. It works well, does not have a strong fragrance and is not irritating to my skin.
Anna P.
This was my first facial bar when I star tree d having acne. It worked winder until I hit my teenage years. My skin was very temperamental and I couldn't fine a face wash that would work with me. I would find myself changing routines as short as u pto 3 weeks with how rash my acne became. After I grew out of my super oily stage I can,still use this and do when my skin starts to be temperamental and it seems to balance everything out again. I keep a bar handy just for the days I need it
Megan B.
I absolutely love this facial soap! I use it once a week in addition to my daily facial scrub; also Neutrogena. It's very gentle on my face. Some weeks it makes my face feel dried out and some weeks my face is fine. I've seen no issues when it comes to not using it like some products. (If you stop using certain products with certain ingredients you will break out because your body then relies on those ingredients.) All in all, I enjoy this product most of the time, as does my face.
Tammy L.
Gilbert, SC
This has got to be the most reliable soap to keep my face nice and clean. It is love cost compared to most other face cleansers, it has a soft but clean scent and it can be used on upper body that tends to break out also, such as shoulders, chest and upper arms. I tend to get break outs especially in the summer due to suntan lotion This mild soap will keep your face and body clean and smelly great with no harsh perfume scent. Oh,and these bars tend to last quite a long time.
Carla M.
Maywood, NJ
Aboslutely love this facial cleansing bar. I have had acne on and off for my entire life and find most acne facial cleansers either too drying or their acne ingredients are too strong for my skin.

I tried the facial bar because it was affordable and didn't have a massive list of ingredients. Within 1 week of using the bar, my skin had mostly cleared up and it wasn't excessively drying. A bit more moisturizer at night was enough to keep my skin in prime condition.
Sarah S.
Parma Heights, OH
I remember my mother using this when I was really young and thinking how cool it was that it was translucent. Now 20 years laters realize it be sure it does have a lot of junk in it. When I was a teen with very oily skin this was my go to. It was drying in a good way and it made my skin feel nice and smooth with out adding any oil. Now that I'm in my 30s it's a little too drying for me. But if you have oily sensitive skin this it a gold standard IMO
Anamaris C.
Lorain, OH
These bars are great like the gel wash as well. The bar or the liquid soap is a personal preference in my opinion but these work just the same. The con to the bar is that you have to store it somewhere dry, if you leave it in the shower just on a dish chances are it's getting wet every time the shower is running so it can go to waste if that's the case. Again, it's all about personal preference. But I'd rather have a gel wash with a pump.
Christina K.
Bayonne, NJ
I have pretty oily skin, is this good for that?
Selina R.
Fresno, CA
Does this product leave your face dry? How well does it work?
ALESHA Z.
National City, CA
Have this product left any one dry?
christina m.
Shoreline, WA
Is anyone else ever experienced the dryness you get after using this product and then if you stuff to make your skin not dry and then you get oily skin and then you get fiery red skin
Stephanie M.
Anybody know how well this product works?